PDA

View Full Version : What pubs did everyone go drinking in pre game

Stanton
20-05-2012, 12:18 PM
and share your amusing stories .....lets face it ...pre game was the highlight of yesterday

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Macsorley's Jamacia street. And aye, the pints were the only highlights from yesterday.

ginger_rice
20-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Was in MacSorleys

thought it was strange with the barman telling a pub full of hibbies that club colours were not allowed...then with about 30 minutes before we all left he put a notice on the door!

Good to chat with a few .netters in there yesterday. :flag:

ginger_rice
20-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Macsorley's Jamacia street. And aye, the pints were the only highlights from yesterday.

Hi mate me and my laddie had a chat with you at the bar......agree the only high point of the day was the pub and the train out ti kings park

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Alfredo's, Drouthys, The Auctioneer and The Counting House.

Nae football colours allowed in Drouthys, wtf is that all about?

Golden Bear
20-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Absolutely nowhere - everywhere seemed to be pre-booked by some party or other. :grr::greengrin Although I don't think any amount of drink would have made yesterday's display look or feel any better.

I had to settle for a Greggs pie.

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi mate me and my laddie had a chat with you at the bar......agree the only high point of the day was the pub and the train out ti kings park

Aye that was a nice wee pub - we didn't get to another one near the ground. When did you leave the game? I left the minute they scored number 5.

.Sean.
20-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Shettleston was brilliant.

YehButNoBut
20-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Picture House in Rutherglen

Was full of Hibs fans

ginger_rice
20-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Aye that was a nice wee pub - we didn't get to another one near the ground. When did you leave the game? I left the minute they scored number 5.

Ashamed to admit it but left after the 4th just couldn't bear to hear their gloating, or watch us getting ripped a new one any longer.

Jones28
20-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Kings Park hotel, full of Hibees but half an hours walk from the ground

Broken Gnome
20-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Shettleston was brilliant.

Highlight of the day by an absolute mile. Though it wasn't a pub, more a festival. Awesome.

leithsansiro
20-05-2012, 01:49 PM
One full of Jambos for a bit of prematch mischief

:devil:

vercol36
20-05-2012, 01:52 PM
The Star Bar with a bunch of Fife Hibees. Good times. Cheap booze!

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2012, 02:07 PM
MacSorleys too, with a few .netters including an 'exuberant' lyonhibs. :wink:

Wasn't rammed but it was all Hibbies in there and we had a wee sing-song. Barman didn't seem too happy, and bizarrely was asking people to take scarves off when most folk in the pub had Hibs tops on. :confused:

AustinHibee
20-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Drink seemed a lot cheaper in every pub i was in than what the robbing gits charge in Edinburgh.

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Kings Park hotel, full of Hibees but half an hours walk from the ground

We were there too, but our bus dropped us off nearer the stadium. Was a good atmosphere

CMac1988
20-05-2012, 02:32 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/273/imag0143o.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/imag0143o.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

KingFranck
20-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Tried to get into the nearest pub to our end the Beechwood but it was mobbed then my mate phoned to say he had tickets set aside for us for Queens Park Social Club he said walk over the car park at Hampden and keep going, great fun had to walk through about 5k Jambos! we got some funny looks but no hassle to be fai,r anyway into the Social club and left at 1.50 and again had to walk through thousands of them but by that time Strathclyde polis were out in force so got through unscathed.
Wee footnote when we were trying to find the club I asked a policeman, his response? "No idea mate we've been brought in from all over Scotland for this game I dinnae stay here" thanks for the help!

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Pub in Rutherglen, Dr Gormans a decent boozer with good atmosphere.

BroxburnHibee
20-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Beechwood first but for whatever reason they decided no kids allowed now.

When I left the pub wasn't that full and yet they had people queueing up so maybe they've had a restriction put on the place.

Anyway headed for Rutherglen - ended up in the Picture House

DH1875
20-05-2012, 04:16 PM
MacSorleys too, with a few .netters including an 'exuberant' lyonhibs. :wink:

Wasn't rammed but it was all Hibbies in there and we had a wee sing-song. Barman didn't seem too happy, and bizarrely was asking people to take scarves off when most folk in the pub had Hibs tops on. :confused:

Was in there as well. They were telling everyone to cover their tops as well. One lassie ended up arguing with them as she didn't have anything else to wear. Some guy gave her his jacket but her whole crowd left when they finished their drinks. The trying to stop the singing was just daft and they ended up having to give in in the end. Still ended up leaving and going to the Montford though.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2012, 04:19 PM
100 Acres club/pub. Good location and a 15 min walk from Hampden. It was bursting at the seems with Hibs supporters

jonny
20-05-2012, 04:23 PM
My bus was booked into the Brazenhead Bar, however due to diversions etc by the Glesga polis we ended up parked just by the International. It was easier to just go there - glad we did because it was magic. We were about first in so managed to get tables and seats.
They had loads of proclaimers songs on and had it well organised in that a bottle bar was running at the back of the pub to help cope with the overworked bar.

mim
20-05-2012, 04:32 PM
The Toby Jug - just by Central Station.
Mixed crowd of Hibbies and Jambos - good atmosphere, good prices and lunch available.
Was intending to catch up with Lyonhibs at Macsorley's, but didnae quite make it. :rolleyes:
Good trip through, good pre-match drink and banter and the expected pish at Hampden.

btw - anyone who felt 'let down' by the team yesterday hasn't been watching Hibs this season.

vein
20-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Was in the bar at waverley for a couple of pints at about nine, noisy hibs crowd in there had any hearts fans leaving sharpish. My sister in law was working behind the bar and said some bam was kicking off at at around ten, he ended up getting huckled and missed the game.

In Glasgow went to pandoras which we all agreed was the highlight of the day!

clerriehibs
20-05-2012, 04:43 PM
100 acres - bouncing, not a ****bo in sight, no trouble, efficient staff but very busy, a great 3 hours! Then we went to hampden ...

degenerated
20-05-2012, 04:47 PM
100 acres - bouncing, not a ****bo in sight, no trouble, efficient staff but very busy, a great 3 hours! Then we went to hampden ...

Aye was good in there, was absolutely rammed though.

Carheenlea
20-05-2012, 04:55 PM
We were in Iron Horse on West Nile St, pretty quiet in comparison to semi final. Also had a "scarves off" policy which wasn't in place for semi. Went to Brazen Head after that which was just what we were after, all Hibs fans, not too packed, Proclaimers CD on loop.

Back in Edinburgh it was down to Robbies where the mood changed from crying into your beer to defiant chanting of Hibs songs as we watched the Champions League Final. Special mention goes out to the guy dressed in the adidas white away top who has compiled a bizarre array of Hibs songs, and he kept everyone entertained with his crazy renditions. Thought the atmosphere was great in there, and being in the company of fellow Hibs fans slowly getting over the disappointment of the game was just what the doctor ordered.

IWasThere2016
20-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Beechwood - met Joe Joe Super Joe Tortolano, Mickey Weir and Gordon Hunter .. Went seriously doonhill post that experience.

J-C
20-05-2012, 05:38 PM
100 Acre bar, absolutely rammed 5 deep at the bar, everyone buying double and treble round, loads of singing, great atmosphere, then the game started and back to reality.

TomTheHibbyBev
20-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Dr Gormans quick service, great staff, good atmosphere.Police came in to say we where making to much noise:greengrin

Bristolhibby
20-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Went to O'Neils in Merchant City.

Again the cover up your colours rule.

Mental as we were in an Irish bar and it was only Hibbys in there.

As we were leaving my cousin started a chant of "Hail, Hail". Only for this bouncer to come out of nowhere and shout "This isn't ****in Hampden", and practically threw him out. Completely unnecessary, considering it was cup final day, the bar only had Hibbys in there and we were leaving anyway.

I suggest you don't go back there.

The no colours thIng was weird, but considering Glasgow is the home of the bigot brothers, they are obviously tarring every supporter with the same mucky brush.

J

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Shettleston club was rubbish. Way way too busy. Spoke to an old fella from nearby who said the guy who runs it is a crook (Kelly?). £3 a beer, but not any other day, normally cheaper. Cramming us all in and not opening the other bars they claimed there would be.
wouldnt go back.

Hibby Bairn
20-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Drink seemed a lot cheaper in every pub i was in than what the robbing gits charge in Edinburgh.

:agree: apart from when the guy in front of me in 100 acres asked for a box of Miller to take away as a carry out. "£63 please" :faint:

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 06:19 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/273/imag0143o.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/imag0143o.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

sorry, but not my idea of fun standing waiting for an eternity to buy tokens then to join another queue for drink.
rank!

HH81
20-05-2012, 06:25 PM
We ended up in a pool hall, 3 games of killer pool and beers were no more than £2.50 a pint.

I also won one of the games so think that covered about 4 pints :thumbsup:

Think there was about 12 of us in there.

iwasthere1972
20-05-2012, 06:38 PM
International up the road from Hampden. Half an hour wait to get in and it was bouncing.

basehibby
20-05-2012, 07:09 PM
We got dropped off in our Limo at the Croft Bar & Diner about a mile SE of Hamden - sufficiently far away not to be too rammed so we were able to grab a bite to eat as well as a few beers. Stretch Limo with The Ramones blasting out "Hey Ho lets go" was defo the way to travel with the Hibees scarves fluttering out the windows.

After the debacle we met up in the Beechwood to (cheaply!) drown our sorrows. And just HOW cheap it is compared to Edinburgh - WTF do Edinburgh landlords get off charging such exorbitant prices!!!

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Anyone know which pub the players were drinking in pre-game?

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-05-2012, 07:56 PM
As per earlier threads.. counting house initially - could atmosphere and banter with Jambos and Hibs fans mixing with no problems ... we were the only ones who sang 1-0 hibs.. then Brazen Head - thanks to Peter Douglas :-) Totally owned the place.. Never seen such a packed pub with Hibees in my tod .. started to have to mime the proclaimers songs as was loosing my voice pre match lol ! Glad I threw my self into the pre-match celebrations as we all know what happened after then GGTTH :agree:

18/03/07
20-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Rutherglen snooker club above Iceland shop,brill time,about 600-700 fans,played hibs songs,plenty bar staff,never waited long for a drink,In fact the guy that owened the place set up a seperate bar just selling bottles

TamHibs
20-05-2012, 08:42 PM
We were there too, but our bus dropped us off nearer the stadium. Was a good atmosphere

Like you said last night, the 6 hours leading upto the match were legendary. Yesterday wasn't to be but we will see us lift that cup!

Nakedmanoncrack
20-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Iron Horse then Brazen Head, couldn't fault the build up.

leithman
20-05-2012, 09:46 PM
The Stirrup Cup in Rutherglen then heard about a nice club occupied by the EH8 Hibbys.

Fantastic prematch.

Apologies to the Inverness Hibby who was looking for more noise, but we were just getting started at 12.

The locals were all pleasant, and most seemed to think of the yams in a similar vein to the huns.

Personally, I think they're lower than huns, at least until the huns get booted.

Added these hostelries to our cup final tour for the future.

Big thanks to all staff who looked after us so well.:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
20-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Queued for 40 minutes to get in the Montford House. Well worth the wait, was a great atmosphere in there, absolutely bouncing. Was a great day apart from the game.

May stay in the centre for a beer or two in future though I'm not keen on these 'no colours' reports.

fatbloke
20-05-2012, 09:58 PM
100 Acres club/pub. Good location and a 15 min walk from Hampden. It was bursting at the seems with Hibs supporters

Too bursting, we couldnae get served everybody left me and went to Butlers?? round the corner. I wanted to stay in 100 Acres but was eventually dragged to Butlers.
It did not sell food so my daughter went to the convenience store next door and bought rolls cheese cornbeef and turkey breast and made rolls for everyone.