PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to the display organisers

Stantons Angel
20-05-2012, 11:41 AM
in all the posts last night and today it seems to have been lost that those who organised and conducted the Sea of Green and Sunshine on Leith display did us all proud!!!

There was no competition from the Hearts fans your work and the time you all put in to it was greatly appreciated by me and my friends.

Im sure once every one calms down and takes stock of the day there will be more plaudits from the true HIBS supporters.

Once again i say WELL DONE to you all and to Crabbies for their help with sponsorship of the flags!

You certainly made a drab day bright and colourful !!

GGTH

kaimendhibs
20-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Display was wonderful. Thanks:top marks

20-05-2012, 11:50 AM
:agree:

Thought the display was fantastic, really showed up the hearts fans who had one big flag and a few pathetic little streamers.

Well done to everybody who organised this, massive credit you all are to our club, you should be very proud, I just wish our players showed as much effort and passion as you guys because if they did yesterday would have been very very different!

They may have won on the pitch, but we certainly won off it :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Very impressive guys n gals
You helped add to the spectacle and get he crowd going good to be part of something special pity the performance on the park didn't match.
Thanks to all those who took time out to make and set things up and take them down. Unsung heroes one and all. Looking forward to more of the same for the next occasion.

Ps what message did the scrolled up White flags reveal at the bottom of the North stand?

blairwallace
20-05-2012, 11:55 AM
agree, anyone who helped organise it did a fantastic job, thank you! :top marks

just can't believe that hearts fans actually think their flag display was better! :faf::flag:

thekaratekid
20-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Very impressive guys n gals
You helped add to the spectacle and get he crowd going good to be part of something special pity the performance on the park didn't match.
Thanks to all those who took time out to make and set things up and take them down. Unsung heroes one and all. Looking forward to more of the same for the next occasion.

Ps what message did the scrolled up White flags reveal at the bottom of the North stand?

It said "Sunshine from Leith"

I was there all day Friday. Great effort from everyone involved.

Just a shame that didn't seem to give the team any sort of lift at all.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Our display was magnifico, well done to the organisers and to all our wonderful supporters.
Just goes to show how things could be of the only the players could get it right where it on the park.

SouthamptonHibs
20-05-2012, 12:03 PM
in all the posts last night and today it seems to have been lost that those who organised and conducted the Sea of Green and Sunshine on Leith display did us all proud!!!

There was no competition from the Hearts fans your work and the time you all put in to it was greatly appreciated by me and my friends.

Im sure once every one calms down and takes stock of the day there will be more plaudits from the true HIBS supporters.

Once again i say WELL DONE to you all and to Crabbies for their help with sponsorship of the flags!

GGTH

well done too all it was great. Hail Hail

gylehibby
20-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Really well done to everyone concerned.
If only the team put that much effort in!!

:top marks:flag::top marks

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2012, 12:06 PM
It looked great. Full credit to those who put their time and effort into making it an occasion for the Hibs fans to really display the colours. You did the club proud, unlike the team.

ANDY McGEECHAN
20-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Aye well done guys 10/10

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 01:27 PM
THUMBS UP!!!!

I haven't even seen what the display looked like from afar but from what I could see AMAZING.

MB62
20-05-2012, 01:28 PM

GGTH

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself
:top marks to all the organisers of the display and :top marks to all the Hibernian supporters too.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I'll post my cell phone vids when I get a chance to check them out.

Yesterdays game was a shambles but I'm immensely proud of what WE accomplished. And we could not have done that without all the volunteers setting everything up.

Higgy115
20-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Does anyone have any photos of display, i could only see the back of my bit card...... Too scared to watch highlights on tv.

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Any pics lads, I held my yellow card up in the North stand, as did everyone else around.

clerriehibs
20-05-2012, 01:39 PM

GGTH

oh but there was .... they do a twirly thing with their scarves, accompanied by a low moaning as if in childbirth noise.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marksto the organisers ... it looked fantastic, even when watching afterwards, knowing what the result of the match was.

Thomson1875
20-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Any pics lads, I held my yellow card up in the North stand, as did everyone else around.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/Hibernianfc1875/?action=view&current=580065_10150920959010854_642895853_1003063 3_1540557687_n.jpg

Put a few on here, that i have found of it.

Glad it was pulled off, worried when no one seemed to look like they would raise the card.

down-the-slope
20-05-2012, 02:08 PM
http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/Hibernianfc1875/?action=view&current=580065_10150920959010854_642895853_1003063 3_1540557687_n.jpg

Glad it was pulled off, worried when no one seemed to look like they would raise the card.

first 4 are final...others are Semi

cocopops1875
20-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I had a watch at it on tv this morning before scrubbing the recording, it looked fantastic. Was saying at the game we looked more up for it and they had the fear the wee flags were a big part of that, I have not always been behind the singing section and the like but in a season where there has been little to sing about you guys have sung in games where the atmosphere should be dead you have created it, I'm proud of you guys the time effort and bloody stubbornness in the face of much criticism (some from me) you have put in to better our club and product we all pay handsomely for. I'm glad I put cash in your buckets and i will again. It's you guys and the overseas hibees I felt angry for people who have really gone the extra mile to have the team barely even turn up is a slap in the face. Onwards and upwards GGTTH next season the players might show what it means to them.

Frogga
20-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Cheers!

Had goosebumps as it looked amazing!

Nakedmanoncrack
20-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Photos of North looked good, well done to all involved in an impressive effort.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but it didn't go completely to plan though, fid it?

At least from undertanding the East were supposed to hold (not wave) flags at same time:confused:

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 02:42 PM

It is the first time Ive seen it and it looks amazing, thanks for posting it mate.

The Voice Of Reason
20-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Massive "well done" to everyone who made it happen :top marks

Shame we can't say the same about the clowns on the park who wore green - losers, the lot of them.

Nuitdelune
20-05-2012, 05:23 PM

I was worried as well as the card things were lying about the place and some were away from the seats and there was none on my seat so I borrowed it from a nearby empty seat and people were waving flags before they should and i was anxious!! Now I see it from the other side, that is great and I am so glad it worked. Well done all who organised it

tetley
20-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Display was excellent. Had a good view of the north from the south 10/10 for you guys that did it

northgreen24
20-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Great display and a big :thumbsup: to everyone that made it possible. As I looked round i though it looked fantastic just such a shame that the players didnt show as much effort and apreciate the occasion.

thanks guys / girls

:flag::flag::flag:

O'Rourke3
20-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Only came on here today to thank the team that brought us that display. The one at the other end was pathetic, pity the same couldn't be said of their performance. Fantastic to be part of that yesterday till kick off then it all went horribly wrong.

Well done Section 43, if the team matched your committment, I'd be having a better weekend.

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

jws1875
20-05-2012, 05:47 PM

GGTH
Also well done to the team who set up the starting display on the pitch thought it was class

IanFaeClerrie
20-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm glad I put cash in your buckets and i will again.

Thanks for doing that - we raised a good sum at the Pars game which should see us start next season well

PolmontHibby
20-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Excellent - a big thank you to all who made it happen.
Had a great view from the upper tier debenture seats looking right over to the Sunshine on Leith display which looked perfect, and a great sight looking down at the sea of flags.
(never got flags in upper tier, but serves me right going for posh seats).

For me it was the highlight of the day....closely followed by whole of crowd in Port 'O' Leith singing Sunshine on Leith at closing time.
Just a shame all the rest of the day inbetween was dire.

oldbiker
20-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Display was great and the sunshine was ace,

Bet it will be even better next time :flag::flag:

Its the only bit of yesterday I feel good about

Highland Hibee
20-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Many thanks for the effort folks, just got back home and watched the display on SKY +. (Not the rest of the game mind!:wink:)

One of the best experience s of my life pre match, in no small part to your great efforts! :flag:

Just Alf
20-05-2012, 07:39 PM
:top marks

:not worth

PatHead
20-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks you were the most positive thing about yesterday.

Crab apple
20-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Brilliant effort guys. Looked fantastic and made the yams efforts look distinctly third rate.

leithman
20-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I waved my flag.

:flag::top marks:flag:

StokePogesHibs
21-05-2012, 02:29 AM
A highlight of the weekend. Outstanding work by all involved.

spike220
21-05-2012, 05:11 AM
So many people gave so much for this day.

I am not suprised PF was so frustrated he gave the gesture he did, that gives me some comfort that he was as exaperated as the rest of us.

Thanks you to all the display orgainsers (do any you know how to kick a ball?)

Dinkydoo
21-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Fantastic work guys, really.

You did the club proud - shame that the team didn't.

sleeping giant
21-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Great effort guys. Well done to all involved.
You done us proud:hibees

Eaststand
21-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Yep, a big BIG well done to everyone involved in getting the flags and cards out onto the seats.....it looked great on the day and was much better than anything I've ever seen at a Hampden cup final

GGTTH

stewpot
21-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Fantastic display. It was an immense effort to put all this together. One of my mates that supports them said it looked great....

A big thank you from me, keep up the great work

motherfunkhibs
21-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks you very much to everyone involved in this... was without doubt my proudest moment to be a Hibs supporter. Shame the team shattered that minutes later.

jane_says
21-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Definitely the highlight of the day, was sitting in the North holding my green card up and after seeing the pics, an incredible effort. Looking at the pics you can see the improvement on the semi as well, hopefully we can keep this standard up, the Aberdeen one was amazing, SOL rivalled that.

truehibernian
21-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Fans were truly truly exceptional on Saturday. Outsang them, display was stunning, team let the fans down.

Have to say, the cup run, with S43 and 12th Man involved, has fair galvanised the fan base.

I think it's time to really support the support if that makes sense......the cup run away days this season were reminiscent of days gone by - please let's try and bring this kind of attitude to ER next season.

basehibby
21-05-2012, 02:23 PM
:top marks:top marks:top marksTo all involved in organising the pre-match display stuff - one element of Hibs that was completely blameless for the Hamden debacle was the Hibernian support who were brilliant - and thanks in no small part to the efforts put in in advance towards the flag display - made us all feel better as we could all see very clearly how much more impressive we looked as a support than the Yams with their pishy scarf twirling antics.