PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Moral Contract

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I am coming to the view that following yesterdays abject perfomance and defeat, which topped off a pretty abject season and league performance and which itself follows three years of directionless drifting something fundamental has changed.

I think that the club's owners, directors and management now have a moral obligation to bring to the long suffering supporters a material change in the culture and ethos of the club. I also think this applies to any of the players who the management feel are worth retaining and who stay. I'm not saying that means they have to deliver a cup or europe or whatever. I'm saying that they have to deliver a club allergic to losing and prepared to turn our home into a fortress.

If I were them I would start by bringing in a winner of some sort. Someone for who defeat is never acceptable. Could be a player, could be a former player now able to manage, coach or scout. There is currently no-one at Hibs - no-one at any level at all - who you would say is a never say die proven winner and who could be the inspiration for changing our approach.

Hibs owe it to us and we the fans owe it to the club to now change this spineless free-lunch club to a place that provides no oxygen for losers.

And I would start by banning the players from making these endless, incredible and unbelievable statements to the press about how things have changed. The only talking should be done on the park until we have proven we are different.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 11:24 AM
And I would start by banning the players from making these endless, incredible and unbelievable statements to the press about how things have changed. The only talking should be done on the park until we have proven we are different.
Agreed 100% :top marks

An indefinite moratorium on players giving interviews to the press. Ultimately they just come out with meaningless drivel which serves only to fill up the columns of the newspapers and on-line media.