PDA

View Full Version : Our team for next season.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Brown as a keeper is poor, does he ever save any shots that are on target a little to either side of him? Get rid.

Doherty back to Wolves.

McPake try and keep.

Hanlon, has a contract and will stay, but for me we need better.

Kujabi, a terrible player, opposition teams have him sussed, punt him if you can Pat.

O'Sbourne, the new Brian Kerr, what does he actually contribute to Hibs? Get rid.

Soares bye bye, dont let the door hit you on your erse on the way out.

Stevenson, player of the year and about as much use as Anne Franks drum kit.

Claros, bye bye

O'Conner, a disgrace of a professional athlete, please do not give this lard arse another contract.

Griffiths try and keep, he has ability and around some better players will score goals in the SPL.

Doyle keep

Booth keep, the rest can pish off too.

We need virtually a whole new team, i am very worried about next season.

Ray_
20-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Brown as a keeper is poor, does he ever save any shots that are on target a little to either side of him? Get rid.

Doherty back to Wolves.

McPake try and keep.

Kujabi, a terrible player, opposition teams have him sussed, punt him if you can Pat.

O'Sbourne, the new Brian Kerr, what does he actually contribute to Hibs? Get rid.

Claros, bye bye

O'Conner, a disgrace of a professional athlete, please do not give this lard arse another contract.

Griffiths try and keep, he has ability and around some better players will score goals in the SPL.

Doyle keep

Nothing wrong with that assessment, except to add that Farmer needs to awaken from his delusion that Petrie is fit for purpose.

hibbysam
20-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Don't quite agree with them all.. Hanlon is a good centre half beside mcpake.. Oconnor scores goals.. As long as he's not in the jail i would be sticking with him and Leigh up front next season.. We need a real runner of a centre midfielder and a passer, a brown and a Thomson but within our price range.. Two out and out speedy skilful wingers.. And two really solid fullbacks who can take a throw in as well would be a help, happy with stack in goal next year.. Oh an a lot of good quality squad players as well

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 09:51 AM
New GK

New RB
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

Griffiths
New CF

Subs.
GK
Booth
Hanlon
Stevenson
Doyle
A.n other
A.n other

Massive changes needed. Not likely to happen but a core spine of a solid defensive unit, including goalkeeper, a big barsteward in central midfield and a 15 goals a season striker are the key priorities.

jdships
20-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Am not totally convinced with mcPake.
faced with a mobile , ball at his feet , centere forwardhe does not look at all confident.
If Coventry want money for him I personally would say " Pass"
On a free would make a raesonable squad palyer.
Overall I think the side requires two experienced " flair " players , possibly in their early thirties to guide the younger lads we have coming on through the next couple of years .

:aok:

SneakersO'Toole
20-05-2012, 09:57 AM
We won't keep McPake and I'd be surprised if we get Griffiths. These are the only 2 players worth keeping. Worrying.

I agree that Hanlon isn't good enough. As for the midfield, we need a whole new one.

I know at the end of last season we spoke about a rebuilding job but we truly do need one this time round. No excuses! We need to be ruthless in binning the majority of these players who have plunged this club and its fans into the depths of the dispair.

sundo1875
20-05-2012, 09:57 AM
I would give Claros more than 6 months. Hes came to a country where he doesent speak the language and is away from his family. If he can build himself up a bit, he could be a good player.:duck:

Eyrie
20-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I'd keep McPake, Hanlon, Griffiths and O'Connor from yesterday's starting line up, and keep Doyle, Stevenson, O'Hanlon, Stack and Francomb in the squad. Youngsters like Stanton, Welsh and Handling can also be added.

After that, I'd hire a coach to get the rest to the airport. And that includes Booth who, despite the love he gets on here, is a poor defender.

Billychaotic182
20-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Only three players from yesterday should be back here next year and that's Leigh, Doyle and McPake. That rest can leave on a free for all I care

KeithTheHibby
20-05-2012, 10:40 AM

Doherty back to Wolves.

McPake try and keep.

Claros, bye bye

Doyle keep

Agree with the bit in bold.

Bigger job that last season however we have a manager who knows the problem, hopefully he can fix.

Bigbobajob
20-05-2012, 10:40 AM
New GK

New RB
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

Griffiths
New CF

Subs.
GK
Booth
Hanlon
Stevenson
Doyle
A.n other
A.n other

Massive changes needed. Not likely to happen but a core spine of a solid defensive unit, including goalkeeper, a big barsteward in central midfield and a 15 goals a season striker are the key priorities.

Sounds about right. Problem is we're likely to be in a similar position to this season with the amount of new players that will be coming in. I really fear for next season on that basis.

The_Todd
20-05-2012, 10:53 AM
The only player who is actually contracted to Hibs I'd keep is Doyle (I'd keep Stack too but he's not at fault for anything yesterday obviously). I think we'd be lucky to keep the loan players we'd want to (Griffiths and McPake) so I'm not counting on that and I'll not shed any tears for the others, including Claros.

DanTheMan
20-05-2012, 10:59 AM
I'd like Francomb to stay :agree:

LancashireHibby
20-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Keeping McPake is a must.

I think Griffiths is likely to get a run with Wolves next season and even then I'm not sure he's worth the hassle - he's far too concerned with trying to live out the dream of the rest of us and tries to kick everything in a maroon top instead of just getting on with his game.

Hanlon will be a decent enough back up player, likewise Booth, Doyle and Stack.

After that.....well it's going to be one hell of a job, isn't it?

keep the faith
20-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I would give Claros more than 6 months. Hes came to a country where he doesent speak the language and is away from his family. If he can build himself up a bit, he could be a good player.:duck:

Ability to tackle,mark a man, dribble, pass forward or read a game is universal mate. claros does none of this.

Iain G
20-05-2012, 11:27 AM
So, keep, from the senior squad (not including the youngsters)
McPake
Hanlon
Booth
Griffiths
Doyle

The Mibbes:
Stack
O'Connor
Spoon

Punt:
Brown
Stevenson
Kujabi
Doherty (loan finishes)
Francomb (loan finishes)
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Scott
Claros
Ian Murray
Soares (loan finishes)
Osbourne
Sproule
Galbraith
O'Donovan (loan ends)

That's a lot to replace in one go... :agree:

7Hero
20-05-2012, 12:27 PM

we shouldn't be worried though moneybags farmer will splash the cash and it will all be ok..

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2012, 12:40 PM
I can only agree with most have said - we have about four players who are good enough for the SPL but we aren't guaranteed keeping them. We more or less need a new team for next season if we're to avoid a repeat of this.

Saturdays Hero
20-05-2012, 12:48 PM
McPake
Hanlon
Booth
Griffiths
Doyle

The Mibbes:
Stack
O'Connor
Spoon

Punt:
Brown
Stevenson
Kujabi
Doherty (loan finishes)
Francomb (loan finishes)
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Scott
Claros
Ian Murray
Soares (loan finishes)
Osbourne
Sproule
Galbraith
O'Donovan (loan ends)

What about Wotherspoon :confused: is he another to be punted,personally i would keep him,sorry never noticed the Spoon got a mention in the Mibbes.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Sounds like we'll be getting the boy from Partick, Carney is it?

i'd like us to go with a small squad of good players with young players providing cover so now Welsh has had some first team experience with Partick i think it might be an idea to keep him.

Franck is God
20-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I think we actually need to change the way we play full stop.

For the last three seasons we have actually had good strikers up front with nothing behind to support them, Hearts beat us yesterday and the other three times this season with strength from the back and midfield.

We need a hard working quick central striker to play a selfless role for the team (e.g Steven Elliot yesterday). I think Doyle and Griffiths could both play the role and if we were looking for another option that's available in the summer young Hasselbaink is free after leaving St Mirren.

We then need a solid midfield 3 with a creative element from the middle so we can actually gain and keep possession long enough to make an impact on a match and two good quality wide players with pace that can also chip in with a goal or two.

How about the team below?

David James

Francome---McPake---Hanlon---Booth

Black-----Lewis

Spoony
Swanson-------------------------------Hayes

Hasselbaink

I like Francome and with Norwich staying in the Prem Lambert may be happy to let us have him another year, McPake is a must sign for me and he makes Hanlon a better player too, Booth has now had his hard second season so hopefully will be stronger for it next year. Many won't agree but Ian Black is the best (free) midfielder I see out there right now and I don't care if he's a jambo and I want to see Spoony given the opportunity to do the job for us that he does for the under 21's. Pace, skill and creativity from the wings and up top from three players available on free's in the summer and certainly within our wage range.

David James is a bit left field but if it's ok for Spurs to sign a 40 year old keeper then it should be ok for us too, it's a lot nicer living in Edinburgh than Bristol and again he is a free agent and would be an amazing keeping mentor for Antell and Grant.

helsbels
20-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Sounds like we'll be getting the boy from Partick, Carney is it?

i'd like us to go with a small squad of good players with young players providing cover so now Welsh has had some first team experience with Partick i think it might be an idea to keep him.

Heard Welsh not getting his contracted renewed.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 01:17 PM
I think we actually need to change the way we play full stop.

For the last three seasons we have actually had good strikers up front with nothing behind to support them, Hearts beat us yesterday and the other three times this season with strength from the back and midfield.

We need a hard working quick central striker to play a selfless role for the team (e.g Steven Elliot yesterday). I think Doyle and Griffiths could both play the role and if we were looking for another option that's available in the summer young Hasselbaink is free after leaving St Mirren.

We then need a solid midfield 3 with a creative element from the middle so we can actually gain and keep possession long enough to make an impact on a match and two good quality wide players with pace that can also chip in with a goal or two.

How about the team below?

David James

Francome---McPake---Hanlon---Booth

Black-----Lewis

Spoony
Swanson-------------------------------Hayes

Hasselbaink

I like Francome and with Norwich staying in the Prem Lambert may be happy to let us have him another year, McPake is a must sign for me and he makes Hanlon a better player too, Booth has now had his hard second season so hopefully will be stronger for it next year. Many won't agree but Ian Black is the best (free) midfielder I see out there right now and I don't care if he's a jambo and I want to see Spoony given the opportunity to do the job for us that he does for the under 21's. Pace, skill and creativity from the wings and up top from three players available on free's in the summer and certainly within our wage range.

David James is a bit left field but if it's ok for Spurs to sign a 40 year old keeper then it should be ok for us too, it's a lot nicer living in Edinburgh than Bristol and again he is a free agent and would be an amazing keeping mentor for Antell and Grant.

My god, in the nicest possible way what a lot of nonsense, i don't actually know where to begin.

David James? The money he'll be on or can demand is way out of our price range, can't believe you've even entertained that thought in your head.

your defence is ok but Booth is clearly not fancied by Fenlon so i doubt he's going to be our answer at left back, i'd be surprised if Francomb stayed but happy if he did.

midfield though, do you really think Black is a realistic option, really? Stevenson debate has been done to death but if you're putting together a wish list would he really be in there, a box to box midfielder that literally goes month to month without even getting a shot on goal?

Spoony hasn't been able to break into this team which has been absolutely gantin so why is he the answer now?

Swanson has already knocked us back as he wants to move down south and Hasselbank is never the sort of striker that would be good playing up front on his own, possibly in one of the wing positions but never up front on his own.

Apart from that, aye, your onto a winner with that team.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Heard Welsh not getting his contracted renewed.

would make sense but bit of a shame as he's never had a proper run out for hibs.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2012, 01:20 PM
My god, in the nicest possible way what a lot of nonsense, i don't actually know where to begin.

David James? The money he'll be on or can demand is way out of our price range, can't believe you've even entertained that thought in your head.

your defence is ok but Booth is clearly not fancied by Fenlon so i doubt he's going to be our answer at left back, i'd be surprised if Francomb stayed but happy if he did.

midfield though, do you really think Black is a realistic option, really? Stevenson debate has been done to death but if you're putting together a wish list would he really be in there, a box to box midfielder that literally goes month to month without even getting a shot on goal?

Spoony hasn't been able to break into this team which has been absolutely gantin so why is he the answer now?

Swanson has already knocked us back as he wants to move down south and Hasselbank is never the sort of striker that would be good playing up front on his own, possibly in one of the wing positions but never up front on his own.

:tee hee: :agree:

fatbloke
20-05-2012, 01:20 PM

You are at wind up.... aren't you?

BoltonHibee
20-05-2012, 01:21 PM
We will be signing too many players at once. The players we will sign will more than likely be free agents that nobody else wants.

Next season is not looking any better than the one that has just finished

SlickShoes
20-05-2012, 01:23 PM
It is worrying, we need a whole new team, most close seasons we NEED to sign 5 or 6 players at the very most but this time we really do need at the very minimum 11 new players to come in.

I can't see Rod letting Pat bring in that many.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 01:28 PM
We will be signing too many players at once. The players we will sign will more than likely be free agents that nobody else wants.

Next season is not looking any better than the one that has just finished

Correct and we'll probably sign these journeymen in the last week of the transfer window when all our first choice targets have signed for someone else.

Franck is God
20-05-2012, 01:37 PM

In the long time that I have been watching Hibs the best midfield combinations that I have seen are Jack, Latapy & O'Neil and then a few years later KT, Scotty and Boozy. In both of those midfields there were contrasting styles, there was a player to break things up, a passer and a creative influence and lots of running. We need that again and playing two up front means the only way we can find that combination means a back three.

Why is signing someone like David James unrealistic and why would his wage demands be stupidly high? He has just been released by Bristol City who escaped relegation in only the last couple of games of their season and he wasn't even starting for them.

Anyway, finding the right system and formation is important as is signing players with the right work ethic and application.

Beefster
20-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Don't quite agree with them all.. Hanlon is a good centre half beside mcpake.. Oconnor scores goals.. As long as he's not in the jail i would be sticking with him and Leigh up front next season.. We need a real runner of a centre midfielder and a passer, a brown and a Thomson but within our price range.. Two out and out speedy skilful wingers.. And two really solid fullbacks who can take a throw in as well would be a help, happy with stack in goal next year.. Oh an a lot of good quality squad players as well

That chat winds me up something awful. Good players are good players - they don't need to play next to a better player to be 'good'. Hogg used to look okay beside Jones because Jones did most of the work and last-minute defending. Take away Jones and Hogg was just another mediocre defender with no pace.

I said it long before McPake turned up but Hanlon is a young version of Hogg.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 01:49 PM
In the long time that I have been watching Hibs the best midfield combinations that I have seen are Jack, Latapy & O'Neil and then a few years later KT, Scotty and Boozy. In both of those midfields there were contrasting styles, there was a player to break things up, a passer and a creative influence and lots of running. We need that again and playing two up front means the only way we can find that combination means a back three.

Why is signing someone like David James unrealistic and why would his wage demands be stupidly high? He has just been released by Bristol City who escaped relegation in only the last couple of games of their season and he wasn't even starting for them.

Anyway, finding the right system and formation is important as is signing players with the right work ethic and application.

I don't disagree about the system, 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 may well be the way to go but not with the players you mentioned.

James is unrealistic as he'll be used to earning upwards of £10k p/week and thats a conservative estimate, seriously no club outside the old firm can afford him so don't waste your time thinking about it, it's just not going to happen.

What role in the systems you mention would Stevenson play? To me he doesn't do any of the things you mention, he tries to break up play but isn't very good at it as we've seen by the fact every team that plays against us dominates the midfield

Holmesdale Hibs
20-05-2012, 01:53 PM
New GK

New RB
McPake
New CH
New LB

New RM
New CM
New CM
New LM

Griffiths
New CF

Subs.
GK
Booth
Hanlon
Stevenson
Doyle
A.n other
A.n other

I'd be happy with that although I'd keep hold of Stack. Brown is a decent sub.

If we could keep Doherty then I'd have him. Other than that, there's no one I'd be worried about losing.

joebakerforever
20-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Before PF signs anyone he will require to know the playing staff budget that Petrie will hand down.

Given the declaration that all Season Ticket revenue would be channelled into the Manager's budget, that should be better than originally forecast, given the incentive of the Cup Final ticket purchase option, which probably increased the sales.

I would imagine that reaching the Cup Final has added substantial extra revenue into the Club coffers, but where is this cash being directed ?

There is also the costs of terminating contracted players, now surplus to requirements, to be factored in.

I agree with previous posters that we will again be looking at the cheap and cheerful option of free transfers and loans, rather than paying actual transfer fees for players with a decent pedigree.

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm also worried - it is a massive task for Pat Fenlon. The only 2 I am keen on are Griffiths and McPake - they are the only 2 who seemed to care yesterday.

ekhibee
20-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Don't know why people would want to keep Stack, don't think he's an improvement on the team at all and I would put him down as one of the first ones I would get rid of. Booth looked good at the start but then deteriorated quite quickly, although sometimes I think he being asked to do a job he certainly wouldn't be used to, I wouldn't get rid of him as there definitely is a decent player in there.
Would get rid of Wotherspoon who IMO doesn't really add anything to the team either. Hanlon is just ordinary to me, probably wouldn't get rid of him but more of a squad player for me.
Stevenson works hard, but to me I don't really see what else he adds to the team, he is part of a poor midfield that all need to be replaced in my opinion (Soares will be away anyway). O'Connor is slow but still scores goals so would probably keep him, dunno if I'd have him as a 1st team regular though.
Griffiths runs about a lot and is obviously a lot more mobile than O'Connor but would question whether he really has the guile to break through defences and take most of the opportunities given too him, although this season probably isn't a fair reflection of that considering how poor the service to him has been for the most part. He's still scored important goals for us after all.

All in all people will probably disagree with some of my opinions, and to change so many players is going to cost a lot of money if we want players of greater ability, but IMO it's a gamble we are probably going to have to take.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Don't know why people would want to keep Stack, don't think he's an improvement on the team at all and I would put him down as one of the first ones I would get rid of. Booth looked good at the start but then deteriorated quite quickly, although sometimes I think he being asked to do a job he certainly wouldn't be used to, I wouldn't get rid of him as there definitely is a decent player in there.
Would get rid of Wotherspoon who IMO doesn't really add anything to the team either. Hanlon is just ordinary to me, probably wouldn't get rid of him but more of a squad player for me.
Stevenson works hard, but to me I don't really see what else he adds to the team, he is part of a poor midfield that all need to be replaced in my opinion (Soares will be away anyway). O'Connor is slow but still scores goals so would probably keep him, dunno if I'd have him as a 1st team regular though.
Griffiths runs about a lot and is obviously a lot more mobile than O'Connor but would question whether he really has the guile to break through defences and take most of the opportunities given too him, although this season probably isn't a fair reflection of that considering how poor the service to him has been for the most part. He's still scored important goals for us after all.

All in all people will probably disagree with some of my opinions, and to change so many players is going to cost a lot of money if we want players of greater ability, but IMO it's a gamble we are probably going to have to take.

Agree with most of that.

I think keeping Stack is maybe an easy/lazy option, we've got so many other priorities if we keep Stack for another year we can maybe focus on getting real priority positions sorted like a new midfield and wingers.

I think Stack will be away though.

paulhfc88
20-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I'd like Francomb to stay :agree:

Maybe i read wrong but did Francomb or Doherty not get a 12 month loan deal, when they came in in january?

MyJo
20-05-2012, 02:28 PM
3-5-2 next season?

Stack or new keeper

New cb
Mcpake cb
Hanlon cb

Wotherspoon rwb
Booth/ kujabi lwb

Claros
Osborne
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

Assuming we don't go and sign an entire new first team which would probably be the preferred option

bingo70
20-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Maybe i read wrong but did Francomb or Doherty not get a 12 month loan deal, when they came in in january?

You read it wrong, only Claros got a 12 month loan deal

paulhfc88
20-05-2012, 02:41 PM
You read it wrong, only Claros got a 12 month loan deal

cheers for clearing that up. i thought someone had signed a 12 month just didnt think of claros

ScottB
20-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Ideally no player that is permanently contracted to the club should be in our starting line up next season.

We simply must get this right, and signing 10 odd players in one window and having them all work out is a big ask, for any team on any budget. AT the least we need a quality, stable core for the team to build on. Take Hearts as an example, they also go through managers at a stupid rate like us, but they have a core squad that has been in place for years. We haven't had that.

So for next season we need a high quality Keeper, McPake or similar CB, a creative CM and a striker, perhaps Griffiths to build around. I'd maybe be alright with Hanlon continuing as CB, and Osborne in CM, but new wing backs and wide midfielders are a must. Doyle and the young strikers might be enough upfront I suppose, as the midfield is the priority, well, creating a midfield is a priority, since we basically don't one as it stands.

down-the-slope
20-05-2012, 02:55 PM
We have 8 loan players - 7 of whom are back to their clubs in next few weeks.

We have 5 - IIRC who are out of contract.

There may be others who wish to leave / PF wants to lose who are in contract.

The size of the task is massive - to be able to create a team when there are so many new players (even if good ones) is not going to be easy. I have been a supporter of being patient in the transfer market even when that means doing deals close to the end. This summer we need to get the players out and new ones in as quickly as possible to have any chance of hitting the ground running come next season.

Where we are going to find 10/12 players of the standard and positions we require willing to come to Hibs is anyones guess.

I do have hopes for 2/3 of our younger players making the step up, but they are going to have to be exceptional characters to do that in such circumstances

Expecting Rain
20-05-2012, 03:10 PM

Doherty back to Wolves.

McPake try and keep.

Claros, bye bye

Doyle keep

Until we spend a wee bit more cash then we will replace like with like, we also need someone who knows how to spend it, yesterday we hit rock bottom in every aspect of the game, how much time can you spend analysing the same mistakes. If we had signed the likes of Sandaza, Thompson or Sheridan we may have had a better season, not world beaters but players of that calibre in an SPL context would have improved us.

ekhibee
20-05-2012, 03:16 PM
We have 8 loan players - 7 of whom are back to their clubs in next few weeks.

We have 5 - IIRC who are out of contract.

There may be others who wish to leave / PF wants to lose who are in contract.

The size of the task is massive - to be able to create a team when there are so many new players (even if good ones) is not going to be easy. I have been a supporter of being patient in the transfer market even when that means doing deals close to the end. This summer we need to get the players out and new ones in as quickly as possible to have any chance of hitting the ground running come next season.

Where we are going to find 10/12 players of the standard and positions we require willing to come to Hibs is anyones guess.

I do have hopes for 2/3 of our younger players making the step up, but they are going to have to be exceptional characters to do that in such circumstances

Totally agree with what you say DTS, it's a really massive task. But now, so much really does depend on how much money is going to be available to Fenlon, season ticket sales certainly aren't going to provide nearly enough to virtually rebuild an entire 1st team. Who knows, there might still be some good basement buys out there, and 1 or 2 youngsters coming through, but it all depends as well on how the manager approaches the situation, whether he adopts a 'work in progress' attitude and just gradually builds up the team, which financially he might have no option but to do, or brings in a lot of decent quality players at the start, to get them used to the job in hand. I know it sounds like a bit of pie-in-the-sky but realistically we need decent players who can cover for injured players too, and the less quality players we have, the more reliant the other players seem to become on them. There's no easy fix here, and despite the good way that Hibs has been run financially, it might well turn out that they have to invest a bit more than usual to ensure that we don't fall into a virtual season-long relegation battle like this season, and show signs of progression at the same time.

KingFranck
20-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Allan McGregor
Dorin Goian
Sasa Papac
Lee McCulloch
Maurice Edu
Steven Davis
John Fleck
Lee Wallace
Steven Naismith
Steven Whittaker
Carlos Bocanegra

Should be able to get that lot for about a fiver:greengrin

Before anyone has a go I'm joking!!

Out of the current squad I'd keep

Stack
McPake
Booth
Francomb
Hanlon
Stevenson
Doyle
Ivan - maybe but not totally convinced tbh
Wotherspoon
Caldwell and the rest of the U19s
O'Hanlon, Stephens,Osbourne, Galbraith can be back up for the team until someone else wants them but no way should be first team regulars.

Bin the rest :agree:

HH81
20-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Out of the current squad I'd keep

Stack
McPake
Booth
Francomb
Hanlon
Stevenson
Doyle
Ivan - maybe but not totally convinced tbh
Wotherspoon
Caldwell and the rest of the U19s
O'Hanlon, Stephens,Osbourne, Galbraith can be back up for the team until someone else wants them but no way should be first team regulars.

Bin the rest :agree:

Your not really binning much :confused:

Most must go!:agree:

KingFranck
20-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Your not really binning much :confused:

Claros, ODonovan, Soares, Brown, Doherty, Griffiths(no chance he's staying),Kujabi,GOC. That's a few to bin??
And second thoughts Osbourne can join them!

PatHead
20-05-2012, 04:22 PM
The biggest change we need at Hibs is in attitude from top to bottom of the club. PF has identified that and is the man to implement it. Any player who signs for us have to have the correct attitude.

This would include pride in their professionalism, a strong work ethic, desire to win and belief in their ability.

bob12345
20-05-2012, 04:45 PM
I actually think Osbourne should stay. He has a lot of decent attributes if playing alongside other decent players. Nobody could have carried the midfield yesterday.

GloryGlory
20-05-2012, 05:40 PM
3-5-2 next season?

Stack or new keeper

New cb
Mcpake cb
Hanlon cb

Wotherspoon rwb
Booth/ kujabi lwb

Claros
Osborne
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

Assuming we don't go and sign an entire new first team which would probably be the preferred option

That team's got "another relegation struggle" written all over it. We need a clear out and a new team (funny, I seem to remember saying this at the end of last season and the season before - Hibs are football's Groundhog Day).

Beefster
20-05-2012, 05:43 PM
3-5-2 next season?

Stack or new keeper

New cb
Mcpake cb
Hanlon cb

Wotherspoon rwb
Booth/ kujabi lwb

Claros
Osborne
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

I'd be distraught if we start the new season with that first team. In fact, I'll be distraught if we start the new season with a first team half-filled by those players.

erskine-hibby
20-05-2012, 05:50 PM
TBH there is not 1, not 1, player I would lose any sleep over if they left.
We need a whole new squad, with a whole new attitude and we need them in before the season starts not 3 or 4 weeks into the campaign.