PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

fleethibee
20-05-2012, 09:37 AM
After yesterday's shocking display by the team, who do we want to get get rid of? I'm not too sure on contract length but here is my choice

Brown - get rid of
Docherty - back to Wolves - no offer (even if that was realistic)
McPake - break the bank to sign
Hanlon - long term contract I think
Kujabi - get rid of (the most hopeless left back I've seen in a long time)
Soares - back to Stoke as totally crap
Claros - end his loan spell as totally crap
Stevenson - he has a 1 year deal I think
Osborne - get rid of waste of a jersey
O'Connor - don't renew as too slow
Griffiths - sign if we can

Others
Sproule - don't renew well past his best
Wotherspoon - long term contract I think
Francombe - back to Norwich provides nothing
Stack - don't renew not good enough

By my calculations we need to sign around 10 or 11 players so for me next season is another huge transition and I'm not convinced that Fenlon is up to it. However, he is our manager and should be given the chance.

We really need to find good players that have fight and determination to see us through next season. Not an easy task

Makaveli
20-05-2012, 12:03 PM
After yesterday's shocking display by the team, who do we want to get get rid of? I'm not too sure on contract length but here is my choice

Brown - get rid of

Others

By my calculations we need to sign around 10 or 11 players so for me next season is another huge transition and I'm not convinced that Fenlon is up to it. However, he is our manager and should be given the chance.

We really need to find good players that have fight and determination to see us through next season. Not an easy task

Bar Stevenson and McPake, and to a lesser extent Hanlon and Griffiths, I'd be happy to never see any of them again.

Change happy to delighted for the vast majority.

cad
20-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Bar Stevenson and McPake, and to a lesser extent Hanlon and Griffiths, I'd be happy to never see any of them again.

Change happy to delighted for the vast majority.

Thats about it for me to, Stevenson got a contract for giving a **** and bustin a gut ,still a squad player IMO but well worth his contract ,
Hanlon this launching balls 40 , 50 yards thats becoming his trade mark left and right reminds me so much of Gary Caldwell and he never found any ****er with them as well , Hanlons a good prospect thats it better bring something to the table soon or he will be gone .
McPake I very much doubt he will be at Hibs next season would be a start in the right direction but I think hes way to good for Hibs .

Scorrie
20-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Brown - get rid of

Others

With the exception of McPake and Sparky (and poss GOC who i would maybe keep if he loses 3 stone in the summer) I would bin the lot. Is Claros on loan or did we sign him on 18 month deal?

HKhibby
20-05-2012, 12:24 PM

Brown - get rid of

Others

Totally agree with you mate!, get rid of them all, the 2 you mentioned....yes keep, good players!, and ive never thought Fenlon was up to the Hibs job, with any luck he has put himself in the shop window and a team will come looking for him! as he got us in the final, if they do...well i wouldnt personally fight them off...let them pay the compensation!

Wotherspiniesta
20-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Need to be looking at a whole new team next season.

New GK

New RB/Francomb Mcpake (:pray:) Hanlon New LB/Booth

New RM Osbourne/Stevenson New Creative CM New LM

Doyle Griffiths/New CF

Think Doyle could be a decent player for us next year. Hope to see Booth back and hopefully we can sign up Griffiths and McPake. O'Connor will leave IMO, the other loanees, barring maybe francombe as back-up at RB or LB, can do one. Kujabi was and is an accident waiting to happen. Brown can stay as back up GK and Stack won't get his contract renewed. Osbourne had a shocker yesterday and needs to start imposing himself more on matches. Stevenson offers very little IMO. Can't fault the guy's effort but he's been terrible for at least a month (gone unnoticed because he's commited). We need some creative players to get our strikers involved in the game more and for an absolute age now we've been lacking decent wingers. Sproule can leave, Wotherspoon can be a back-up CM and Caldwell and Handling should be given a chance if we're struggling for strikers.

archiebald
20-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Dont think Francombs done anything wrong when he has played- cant get a run in team.

Sir David Gray
20-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Even before yesterday's shambles, it was clear that we needed major surgery on the squad this summer and that the vast majority of our players are just not good enough to play for Hibs.

In that respect, yesterday has changed nothing although hopefully it will make it even more apparent to those who make the decisions at the club.

I would keep James McPake and Leigh Griffiths from our current squad.

That is it.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Even before yesterday's shambles, it was clear that we needed major surgery on the squad this summer and that the vast majority of our players are just not good enough to play for Hibs.

In that respect, yesterday has changed nothing although hopefully it will make it even more apparent to those who make the decisions at the club.

I would keep James McPake and Leigh Griffiths from our current squad.

That is it.

I wouldn't have any qualms about getting rid of Griffiths.

As a player he's improving and has potential but still lacks composure in front of goal and he also seems like a complete fanny so if Fenlon decides he's not worth the hassle i'd be happy to go along with that.

Sir David Gray
20-05-2012, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't have any qualms about getting rid of Griffiths.

As a player he's improving and has potential but still lacks composure in front of goal and he also seems like a complete fanny so if Fenlon decides he's not worth the hassle i'd be happy to go along with that.

He does have a questionable temperament, I won't argue with that.

However, he does have a talent and if he actually had even a half decent midfield behind him, giving him good service then I think he would be a really big player for us.

I would keep him and McPake, although I can see both of them going elsewhere over the summer so we need a completely new squad for next season. If we retain the majority of these players, I think it's almost certain that we'll be a first division team for 2013-14.

Monts
20-05-2012, 12:47 PM
With the exception of McPake and Sparky (and poss GOC who i would maybe keep if he loses 3 stone in the summer) I would bin the lot. Is Claros on loan or did we sign him on 18 month deal?

12 month loan deal.

I would keep mcpake if we can and ship every other player. Ones I wouldn't be fussed either way would be griffiths and francombe.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 12:49 PM
He does have a questionable temperament, I won't argue with that.

However, he does have a talent and if he actually had even a half decent midfield behind him, giving him good service then I think he would be a really big player for us.

I would keep him and McPake, although I can see both of them going elsewhere over the summer so we need a completely new squad for next season. If we retain the majority of these players, I think it's almost certain that we'll be a first division team for 2013-14.

Another player that requires better players around him before we see the best out of him then.

TBH if we had a midfield creating more chances for him he'd just miss them anyway.

That said if we keep him then meh, ok then he'll do a job but i certainly wouldn't shed a tear if he left.

Sir David Gray
20-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Another player that requires better players around him before we see the best out of him then.

TBH if we had a midfield creating more chances for him he'd just miss them anyway.

That said if we keep him then meh, ok then he'll do a job but i certainly wouldn't shed a tear if he left.

There's only so much that a striker can do though, if he's not getting any service from the midfield.

With the way that our midfield played yesterday, Wayne Rooney would have struggled to score goals.

I wouldn't be distraught if Griffiths did leave as I'm sure we'll be able to bring in another striker that's at least as good as he is, although I personally would try and keep him, if it's at all possible.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 01:25 PM
There's only so much that a striker can do though, if he's not getting any service from the midfield.

With the way that our midfield played yesterday, Wayne Rooney would have struggled to score goals.

I wouldn't be distraught if Griffiths did leave as I'm sure we'll be able to bring in another striker that's at least as good as he is, although I personally would try and keep him, if it's at all possible.

Yeah i know and i'm probably being a bit harsh on him but what a striker can do is hold the ball up to bring midfielders into the game and neither GoC did that although i do appreciate that neither of them are that type of striker.

What we really need is a striker that will do that, one that maybe isn't the quickest but is strong and bullies defenders and makes sure they know there in a game, from what i've seen Caldwell is going to be that type of striker.

For me next season i'd like us to go with Doyle, Caldwell plus two others, i'd hope Fenlon has enough contacts to look further afield but maybe someone like lee miller or Craig Beattie

AustinHibee
20-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Doherty:In 45years of watching Hibs i don't think i have ever seen anyone
looking so dis-interested.After 20 minutes was wandering about,head down
with hands on hips.
Would have been better walking off,getting changed and going straight back to Wolves.
No wonder they got relegated if that is the type of "player"they have on their books.

20-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Dont think Francombs done anything wrong when he has played- cant get a run in team.

:agree: I would like to see him being given more of a chance.

The only players in the current squad I would like to see next season are McPake, Griffiths, Francombe, Stvenson, the rest can go. I wish them all the best but they are not good enough for this football club.

SRHibs
20-05-2012, 03:15 PM
They can all go, for all I care. I wouldn't be unhappy if we retained McPake and Griffiths, but that's about it.

Jones28
20-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Mcpake, Hanlon, Francombe, Stevenson, Griffiths and Wotherspoon I would keep. Don't Mark Brown was at fault for any of the goals yesterday but I dunno, I think there are better Keepers out there.

Soares, Claros and Doherty were all disgraceful. Nothing offered by any of them, nae clue where Claros got his nickname of the Pitbull from, more look a f****** Poodle. Attitudes fomr them 3 in particular stank.

Osbourne and Kujabi I am undecided on. They have shown class in the past, but god knows after yesterday.

hibeemarley
20-05-2012, 03:42 PM
is there a thread with a list of the players and how long they have on their contracts?

Sir David Gray
20-05-2012, 04:48 PM
is there a thread with a list of the players and how long they have on their contracts?

Summer 2012

Leigh Griffiths
Garry O'Connor
Tom Soares
Graham Stack
Ian Murray
Richie Towell
Mark Brown
Sean Welsh
George Francomb
James McPake
Matt Doherty
Roy O'Donovan

January 2013

Jorge Claros

Summer 2013

Sean O'Hanlon
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
Ivan Sproule
David Stephens
Isaiah Osbourne
Eoin Doyle
Pa Saikou Kujabi
Lewis Stevenson

Summer 2014

Martin Scott
Danny Handling

Summer 2015

Callum Booth

Summer 2016

Paul Hanlon

DH1875
20-05-2012, 05:09 PM
They can all go, for all I care. I wouldn't be unhappy if we retained McPake and Griffiths, but that's about it.

Can't see us signing either but would be happy for them to stay. The rest of them can all do one.

J-C
20-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Brown - contract up anyway
Docherty - back to Wolves, goes missing too often
McPake - would love to keep but heard a rumour that we've not willing to pay £100,000 and he's on £7,000pw
Hanlon - long term contract but don't think he has what it takes, punt him
Kujabi - play him as wing back but never a defender, too similar to Booth
Soares - lazy get and not worth talking about
Claros - over hyped, very lightweight
Stevenson - a trier, can't argue with that
Osborne - slow and disappears when things get tough
O'Connor - if fit can score goals but will wait to see outcome of court case
Griffiths - would love to keep him but think he'll get a game at Wolves now seeing as they've been relegated

Others
Sproule - playing on memories and now offers nothing
Wotherspoon - get him back playing RB and stop trying to turn him into some kind of midfielder
Francombe - would like to keep but think he'll go back
Stack - not good enough
O'Hanlon - proved too often he's gash
Booth - a decent player in there, play him LM, heard he likes the old beer too much though
Doyle - looks lively and a bit raw, could be a decent player
Murray - give him a player/coach position and get him coaching the youngsters