PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else feeling.............

lyonhibs
20-05-2012, 09:02 AM
.....not half as bad as they would have expected. If you'd told me "you're going to get murdered 5-1 in only the 2nd SC Final of your lifetime by your fiercest rivals, how will you feel" I'd have said (after giving them a slap): absolutely devastated, gutted etc.

But I woke up this morning, am off to play a spot of golf, then some lunch before heading back down the road this evening. As long as I avoid the centre/west of town as much as possible, it could pretty much be any other Sunday.

Anyone else feeling like this? Don't get me wrong, yesterday was awful, but maybe I've just become numb to the effects of humiliating Derby Day defeats (a bad sign in its own right).

spike220
20-05-2012, 09:06 AM
.....not half as bad as they would have expected. If you'd told me "you're going to get murdered 5-1 in only the 2nd SC Final of your lifetime by your fiercest rivals, how will you feel" I'd have said (after giving them a slap): absolutely devastated, gutted etc.

But I woke up this morning, am off to play a spot of golf, then some lunch before heading back down the road this evening. As long as I avoid the centre/west of town as much as possible, it could pretty much be any other Sunday.

Anyone else feeling like this? Don't get me wrong, yesterday was awful, but maybe I've just become numb to the effects of humiliating Derby Day defeats (a bad sign in its own right).

I kinda know what you mean, but I fear the reason is that we are all becoming losers!

lapsedhibee
20-05-2012, 09:08 AM

:agree: In all honesty, the result wasn't that unexpected. I didn't even find the 4-0 "thrashing" of Dunfermline very convincing. We're a poor, poor team, somewhat fortunate to even still be in the same league as Hearts. Things can only get better now! :flag:

Also, many of us have seen an SC Final with a much better team and an even worse scoreline! :boo hoo:

SneakersO'Toole
20-05-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm as low as I've ever felt being an Hibs fan right. Came home last night and told the missus I wanted to emigrate so that I don't have to go through this pain anymore.

Utterly and truly devastated.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Dear lyonhibs

I am afraid you are in denial (or possibly still under the influence :wink: ).

Do not despair, however; you will soon be back to your normal self and feeling absolutely terrible!

Have a nice day,

Yours,

hibs.net agony aunt :greengrin

DaveF
20-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm fine.

It's what happens when you are used to it.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-05-2012, 09:13 AM
:agree: In all honesty, the result wasn't that unexpected. I didn't even find the 4-0 "thrashing" of Dunfermline very convincing. We're a poor, poor team, somewhat fortunate to even still be in the same league as Hearts. Things can only get better now! :flag:

Also, many of us have seen an SC Final with a much better team and an even worse scoreline! :boo hoo:

Yes, me too, but that day we at least tried to compete and looked as if the Scottish Cup was something we actually wanted to win!

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I feel even worse today and much, much more angry. For me yesterday was just the perfect chrystalising of all that has gone on for the last three years.

lapsedhibee
20-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes, me too, but that day we at least tried to compete and looked as if the Scottish Cup was something we actually wanted to win!

Not sure. Way Pat Stanton tells it, the team didn't turn up that day and it made them all the more determined to win the next final six months later.

If the Hun gets its just dessert, we should have a good chance of returning to Hampden in the next few years. Let's hope there's some sort of collective memory of yesterday's events, even though it won't be the same team.

zero-seven
20-05-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm as low as I've ever felt being an Hibs fan right. Came home last night and told the missus I wanted to emigrate so that I don't have to go through this pain anymore.

got a spare room in Australia if you want...i am glad to be here....feel for all my hibs brothers and sisters

Holmesdale Hibs
20-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Know what you mean, I've been watching Hibs for long enough to get used to dealing with the pain. I, like most of the players yesterday, share your lack of winning mentality.

WhileTheChief..
20-05-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm feeling the same. Immune to losing to them now. It's what we do.

20-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I feel totally deflated and gutted, it was a very very painful one to take and will take me a long time to get over it, especially since I have a family of die hard jambos living next door. Just heard them all this morning, getting ready to go into town and celebrate, wished so badly it was me! They will never ever let us forget this.

oldbiker
got a spare room in Australia if you want...i am glad to be here....feel for all my hibs brothers and sisters

How bigs the room cause there may be a few takers at the moment :pfgwa

Hibrandenburg

Been saying something similar all season. Maybe it's a form of defence mechanism that's cut in after watching Hibs for over 40yrs. I'm not even sure I'd have been on a high had we won yesterday. Might be natures way of telling me to move on and concentrate on what's really important in life, i.e. family and friends.

If the pre-season anticipation doesn't kick in after the break then I think I might just try a year without following Hibs and try and sort out my priorities.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I feel like ****.

Will never accept we should be used to losing to them.

NAE NOOKIE
20-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I truly think that, like me, most Hibbies if they were being honest knew that Saturday wasnt going to be our day, so at least subconsiously were prepared to a degree for losing.

I think that what most of us are feeling this morning is a slight feeling of despair mixed with anger at the pathetic effort put up by our team.

I an hour from now I am away down town for my traditional cup of tea and a roll. I will be wearing a Hibs T shirt, because I may support a team whos players were humiliated by their biggest rivals .... but I am one of 20 odd thousand supporters at the game who were brilliant until it became inevitable that nothing could be done to stop what was happening.

We may have lost on the pitch, but we won off it IMO and that helps.

GGTTH ..... FTH

:flag:

20-05-2012, 09:28 AM
If the players felt like that then we would never win a derby again, as much as I would love to be feeling ok today, the fact is that we can't just accept loosing to hearts! Thats been the big problem in the past, that players and fans of this club just now feel loosing to them is the norm and accept that that is just what happens. With that mind set, derbies are lost before they are even played.

I know its different for the fans than the player because obviously its not us playing on the pitch and we have to have some way of dealling with the usual derby day defeats but our mentality rubs off on the players. I'm not saying yesterday was our fault, far from it, because I thought the hibs fans were absolutely fantastic yesterday, a credit to the club and we did everything we could to make our boys believe and go in with a winning mentality, but we cant now just accept that derby games are now just our guaranteed 0 points games of the season, with winning just being a bonus.

Hearts are not a great team but there simply turn up with a better attitude and will to win, our players looked frightened and timid yesterday. The likes of Stevenson, tiptoed around Black the whole game, afraid to touch him!

Hibeesb0unc3
20-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Unfortunately after the past few seasons im used to hibs losing. I didnt expect hibs to win, the only thing was just how bad we got beaten. so no i dont feel nearly as down as i should after losing a final to our rivals

MM19
20-05-2012, 09:29 AM

We beat them in the next three finals we played Celtic one league cup and two dryburgh cups.

zero-seven
20-05-2012, 09:32 AM

its big ..but wont fit 50000....we will make it work

may as well send over the midfield as they were never there anyway

AlbertK86
20-05-2012, 09:36 AM

Yep ... Just another derby defeat...used to it supporting Hibs for 40 years

jakedance
20-05-2012, 09:50 AM
The current Hibs team are so awful that I feel kind of numb about it. We did our bit, the support and the work of the Section 43 guys couldn't have been better, but the team couldn't have been worse. I'd be happy to get rid of every single one of them (the management and Board too). The culture within the club isn't right and that won't change with a few new faces. The losing attitude is ingrained.

I love the club but I feel no bond with the people in it.

.SeventyFive
20-05-2012, 10:05 AM

I'm definately in this boat. All we can do after that is improve.

If nothing else it gives NOTHING to fear of future derbies as that is as bad as it could ever get.

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2012, 11:59 AM

I'm in this camp. Really hurt and depressed by yesterday. Tired of being made a laughing stock by the Yams. I wish I could say it doesn't feel as bad as I imagined, but it does.

Monts
20-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I actually said this on the way home from the game. Obviously it hurts, and I'm in no way feeling like this is just another day, but this time doesn't feel as bad as 2006, and even that didn't feel as bad as the 4 4 game.

HiBremian
20-05-2012, 12:14 PM

It's already been reserved for Pa Kujabi :cb

overdrive
20-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I feel even worse today and much, much more angry. For me yesterday was just the perfect chrystalising of all that has gone on for the last three years.

I'm the same. Even more angry than I was yesterday.

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 12:32 PM
You must be joking, If you had a Jambo-daft son-in-law on his way ,after going to watch their victory parade. Im f------ sure you would feel different. :confused:

snooky
20-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Kinda numbed to the pain these days.

I some ways I feel relieved as the Hearts (God bless them) could have given us a real hiding yesterday. Instead they just played the game out (as per the last league game between Hibs & Huns a few years ago.)
Oh to be a Hibby eh?

TheMentalHibees
20-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Devastation that is slowly turning into apathy.

Jones28
20-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Gutted, completely gutted.

I could take losing that final under different circumstances: different ref, our players not being pussies.

But the way it panned out was just ridiculous.

JohnStephens91
20-05-2012, 01:08 PM
That was the most horrifying experience of my life and it will forever be burned into my memory. I will never forget that, ever, and I will never be able to feel anything but immense sadness at the thought of the game.

CropleyWasGod
20-05-2012, 01:09 PM
That was the most horrifying experience of my life and it will forever be burned into my memory. I will never forget that, ever, and I will never be able to feel anything but immense sadness at the thought of the game.

For your sake, I hope that it remains that way. If it does, then you will lead a very good life.

California-Hibs
20-05-2012, 01:11 PM

This. :agree:

Pete
20-05-2012, 01:17 PM
I've had two sleeps since the game and its just sinking in. I'm gutted but defiant. The crowd were fantastic and the blame lies elsewhere so its colours time and if anyone comments I'll just say it like it is...we're mince on the park just now but next year will be different.
Its as if yesterday has somehow made me more determined to go along next season and help.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Kinda numbed to the pain these days.

To use a boxing analogy its like rope a dope!

I think we're just being battered into submission, either that or apathy comes along first.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Those claiming to feel "numb", won't feel that way for long. It just hasn't hit home for them yet.

I feel like my Heart has been ripped out.

Sir David Gray
20-05-2012, 01:26 PM
I wish I could just dismiss yesterday and move on as if nothing has happened.

I have felt absolutely sick ever since I left Hampden yesterday, as soon as their 5th went in.

I have got used to losing to them in league games, these defeats hurt at the time but they happen so often that I'm over them within a day at the most.

But to have put in such a horrendous performance and lost so heavily in a cup final against them is just all my nightmares rolled into one and I feel so sick right now. This is going to take a long time to recover from and there's no way that I'm going to be able to just dismiss this and move on by today or tomorrow.

fatbloke
20-05-2012, 01:32 PM

Yes and that is what is worrying me. Been watching Hibs for 51 years, been to Hungary and Hampden Anderlecht and Airdrie Liege and Livingston and many points in between. Cannot believe I am not suicidal today. Hibs are still a very important part of my life and would not change anything, well except yesterday's result so feel strange that I am not more upset. Just wish some players and the board at ER cared as much as some of the fans do.

I really worry for the club in the next few years as I fear yesterday will put many off returning. Life for many these days is hard work and many do look to their club for some sort of salvation. Sadly it looks like we are hell bent on doing more for the Yams than we are doing for ourselves.

I do believe we will be back but let us not kid ourselves the recovery from yesterday will be long and painful.

GGTTH.

ekhibee
20-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I agree with the opening post, but totally agree with everybody else who is gutted as well. Two things stand out for me though, firstly it's done now, we can't change it, so we have to move on, painful though it is, and rebuild a virtually new team for next season which can actually compete with teams like Hearts on a regular basis. Secondly, it would be nice just once in a while to actually play Hearts, in cup games, when we have a strong enough team to compete against them. That Hibs team yesterday was sub-standard, and the team that lost to them in 2006 in the semi-final was missing key players for different reasons (O'Connor, Riordan, Brown). For us to have beaten Hearts yesterday we needed to do something different, something they wern't expecting, that could change the way they play as well. The current team seem to be incapable of that, but it'll be a very different team that plays them the next time we meet them. It was a very sad day yesterday, but we'll be back, and we can only get stronger from here. And we will get stronger.

BarneyK
20-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I think the fact that we were all reminded of who Hibs are, and who we are, with the presence of so many Hibbies, all with one goal, one dream in mind, has consoled me no end. Our end was bouncing from the off, theirs was not. Much rather be a Hibby than a Jambo, regardless of the results. :pfgwa

leithman
20-05-2012, 03:14 PM
I walked proudly through the town last night. refusing to remove my colours to get into pubs who don't care. Well done to mathers Bar for letting in both colours and allowing us to test the waters of mixing with them.
Proud of the colours Mind you not of the team.

I think numbness today, a little despair at the lack of a team who care. Really not looking forward to tomorrow though. Hope the yams show mercy and we can accept a few jibes.
After all they did really hand out a gubbing.
Hopefully, after a couple of weeks we'll be able to get back on to the 7-0 line.
My worst nightmare yesterday was that they would go at it hard enough to top that one.
luckily they decided to pi** about

Glad to hear about PF statement. At least one person in the club realises how much we care.

(not a time for smilies)

lyonhibs
22-05-2012, 07:04 AM
For your sake, I hope that it remains that way. If it does, then you will lead a very good life.

This :agree: