PDA

View Full Version : Referee a disgrace!

Hibs90
20-05-2012, 08:54 AM
First things first, Hibs never turned up and were rightfully beaten.

Secondly, Craig Thomson was a disgrace. Black should have been off the park after a couple of shocking challenges. It was also never a penalty. Two game changing incidents there which if the referee got right could have changed the game. It's pretty well known Thomson has something against Hibs (check his stats when hes reffed us, they prove it). He is also a Hearts fan, so why was he given the job? That plus he's just useless altogether. I'm not solely blaming the ref, but he didn't help our chances.

20-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Like you said, we were awful and regardless of the poor refereeing display we were rightfully beaten.

But, yes, Thompson, with his hearts history and his very clear dislike for hibs should have been allowed absolutely nowhere near this final! I said, the moment he was announced as ref for this game that hearts were absolutely guaranteed a penalty and right enough they did, he couldn't ****ing wait!

I'm suprised hearts haven't invited him to join them on the open top bus today!

spike220
20-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Like you said, we were awful and regardless of the poor refereeing display we were rightfully beaten.

But, yes, Thompson, with his hearts history and his very clear dislike for hibs should have been allowed absolutely nowhere near this final! I said, the moment he was announced as ref for this game that hearts were absolutely guaranteed a penalty and right enough they did, he couldn't ****ing wait!

Comedy Gold!!

Sas_The_Hibby
20-05-2012, 09:07 AM

He'll be in the crowd cheering them, no doubt!

Baader
20-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Hibs need to make sure this idiot is never at Easter road again.

I hear Thompson is going to the euros next month. So am I. If I had the good fortune to bump into him he would need to be one hell of a contortionist to ever blow his whistle again...

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Hibs need to make sure this idiot is never at Easter road again.

I hear Thompson is going to the euros next month. So am I. If I had the good fortune to bump into him he would need to be one hell of a contortionist to ever blow his whistle again...

Just give him an elbow in the chops.

Not worthy of punishment in that ***** eyes.

bobbyhibs1983
20-05-2012, 09:15 AM
The thing that gets me is a few people have said to me that the ref was a hearts season ticket holder and fan.
Now aside from our shocking display which we all know happeend yesterday but isn't there a rule somewhere that refs/linemen whom are fans of a certain club aren't allowed to offical a game which invovle that club?

I would say i would be stunned if there wasn't and if there is im a lil annoyed that hibs have not said somethign to the sfa before the game.

Lungo--Drom
20-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Well there you go, I f***** knew it. As a bit of a people watcher, I like to watch people's actions, reactions, body language etc. if say I'm stuck in a queue and have nothing else to do. And yesterday I watched the referee intently after the frst dodgy decision against us. I was, I am sad to admit reduced to swearing at one point, when I shouted at him, "You're wearing the wrong colours ref, why don't you just put your f***** Hearts top on ya fud?" :(

I've looked up Wikipedia and it says that he originates from Paisley. Some would argue then against him being a jam tart but I myself popped into this world in Paisley so there is no reason Craig Alexander Thomson isn't a yam, absolutely none apart from statistics. Anyway, the blatant bias of his actions during the whole 90 minutes yesterday suggests that ether he is one of them or he just hates us, as stated by an earlier poster. Either way he shouldn't have been the ref at the match. Pro-yam or anti-Hibs he should not have been the referee. When it was back up to 1-2 we were showing a spark of life and Thomson obviously then decided to make sure the Jambos got in to a totally dominant position with one of themost dodgy decisions ever.

Yes we were pish also but when the score went to 1-2 we were in a more than entirely feasable position but the non-impartial referee saw to that.

jonty
20-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Where was the ET yesterday? 3 goals and 5 subs should be a least 4 mins.

Not that it would have been an enjoyable 4 mins mind you.

hibbysam
20-05-2012, 09:41 AM
For the sending off, as I didn't quite see the incident at the time automatically thought he booked Hanlon for it, when I watched it last night unless kukabi was hiding I still think he walked to Hanlon and produce the yellow then went looking for kukabi to send him off.. Also suso on his way down was waving his hand wanting a yellow card.. He knew he had dived and was amusing watching him on his downward fall wanting a yellow card produced!

McKenzie
20-05-2012, 09:47 AM
The dive didn't even start in the box, terrible decision

Eyrie
20-05-2012, 10:30 AM
The penalty was a shocking decision, but so was Kujabi deciding to pull Santana's shirt when he was heading into the box. I'd have been yelling for a yellow card had that happened at the other end, so won't complain about Kujabi's red. Going down to ten men effectively screwed our chances even before Thomson gifted them the penalty.

So will the compliance officer review Santana's dive?

sh00byd00
20-05-2012, 11:21 AM
The thing that gets me is a few people have said to me that the ref was a hearts season ticket holder and fan.
Now aside from our shocking display which we all know happeend yesterday but isn't there a rule somewhere that refs/linemen whom are fans of a certain club aren't allowed to offical a game which invovle that club?

I would say i would be stunned if there wasn't and if there is im a lil annoyed that hibs have not said somethign to the sfa before the game.

I just think he's a dire ref, like the rest of them. Has anyone got any evidence of him having been a Yam season ticket holder?

TheMentalHibees
20-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Is anybody even remotely surprised at his performance?

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Whilst we would never be allowed to know which referee supports which team, its very very clear that this muppet aint a Hibee!

I f****n HATE the person.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I somehow stumbled onto SSN and saw the "penalty". Oh dear! Hope you look back and cringe SFA.

Cheating it most certainly was.:agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 11:43 AM

No doubt drinking Buckfast with Milligan....

Manky funny hand shakers every one of them.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Not heard anyone mention this but Griffiths had a great opportunity to knock the ball out of play and didn't.

He stopped running because he thought the ball went out of play and left his team mate in the ****.

Anyone remember that rule we where taught as kids? Something about whistle and play... Griffiths hang your head in shame son!

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Every Hibby I know, did not want this clown anywhere near the Final. Perhaps its about time Hibs started to do a Celtc and complain about this clown? Celtc have even went so far as to hire Private detectives to check their past, Including who they suppourted as youths. Or am I going over the score and just being paronoid? :confused:

ginger_rice
20-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Every Hibby I know, did not want this clown anywhere near the Final. Perhaps its about time Hibs started to do a Celtc and complain about this clown? Celtc have even went so far as to hire Private detectives to check their past, Including who they suppourted as youths. Or am I going over the score and just being paronoid? :confused:

I had originally thought it was just paranoia , but got back to Dunblane last night and was told in the pub by a mate that he is defo a jambo, this guy knows CTs brother so I have no reason to believe that he just making it up.

leggeto
20-05-2012, 01:58 PM
That ref is a ****bag,as for the players I wouldn't give them a game in back garden

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 02:02 PM
First things first, Hibs never turned up and were rightfully beaten.

Secondly, Craig Thomson was a disgrace. Black should have been off the park after a couple of shocking challenges. It was also never a penalty. Two game changing incidents there which if the referee got right could have changed the game. It's pretty well known Thomson has something against Hibs (check his stats when hes reffed us, they prove it). He is also a Hearts fan, so why was he given the job? That plus he's just useless altogether. I'm not solely blaming the ref, but he didn't help our chances.

:agree: I don't think it would of mattered who was in charge - I thought we were going to come out all guns blazing like we did at Pittodrie and ER against Dunfermline. Just didnae happen.

BoltonHibee
20-05-2012, 02:05 PM
:agree: I don't think it would of mattered who was in charge - I thought we were going to come out all guns blazing like we did at Pittodrie and ER against Dunfermline. Just didnae happen.

We may have done in the 2nd half, but that cheating ******* put paid to any chance of that