PDA

View Full Version : SC Final Player Ratings

spike220
20-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Well someone has to do it!

Brown - 0 Did not inspire confidence, did not command his box, should have done better with at least 2 of the goals.
Doherty - 0 Found out, severly lacks pace.
Hanlon - 3 Went missing.
Kabaji - 0 Offered us nothing and proved to be liability. Didnt tackle.
McPake - 6 Saved 1 certain goal, caught napping on the 2nd, scored our only goal.
Soares - 0 Invisible. Deadball delivery poor.
Ozzy - 1 Gave the ball away all day.
Claros - 0 Went missing. Didnt tackle.
GOC - 0 Was out of the game and never featured.
Griffiths - 5 Really put it around a bit and put a few hearts players on the turf, not what a striker is for but at least he offered me something.

Subs
Doyle - 6 Was too late when he came on, he chased everything and in my opinion stopped Hearts pushing forward and putting more goals on us (a thankless task it could easily have been 8 or more).
Ivan - 0 Didn't see much of him at all.

SheriffLobo
20-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Well someone has to do it!

Brown - 0 Did not inspire confidence, did not command his box, should have done better with at least 2 of the goals.
Doherty - 0 Found out, severly lacks pace.
Hanlon - 3 Went missing.
Kabaji - 0 Offered us nothing and proved to be liability. Didnt tackle.
McPake - 6 Saved 1 certain goal, caught napping on the 2nd, scored our only goal.
Soares - 0 Invisible. Deadball delivery poor.
Ozzy - 1 Gave the ball away all day.
Claros - 0 Went missing. Didnt tackle.
GOC - 0 Was out of the game and never featured.
Griffiths - 5 Really put it around a bit and put a few hearts players on the turf, not what a striker is for but at least he offered me something.

Subs
Doyle - 6 Was too late when he came on, he chased everything and in my opinion stopped Hearts pushing forward and putting more goals on us (a thankless task it could easily have been 8 or more).
Ivan - 0 Didn't see much of him at all.

You missed Stevenson or was that the point?

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Each and every one of them can do one.

Zeroes all around, McPake can have 1 for his goal and clearance off the line but he was pish as well for most of the game yesterday.

Jim44
20-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I would give most of them 1 for turning up but Claros should get -5 for the biggest cop-out I have seen from a Hibs player.

20-05-2012, 08:54 AM
All looked frightened right from the start. Absolutely no heart or desire to win and as usual just hearts trample all over us. Soares in particular had an absolute nightmare IMO.

The only players I would keep in the entire quad are Brown the goalie, McPake and maybe Sparky and Garry O'Conner. The rest can well and truly GTF.

Fenlon has a massive job on his hands, a massive clear out needed and I really hope the board give him plenty money to for once actually bring in strong, talented, experienced players.

spike220
20-05-2012, 08:54 AM
You missed Stevenson or was that the point?

Goodness me your are right, I did this from memory and forgot he was even on the pitch!!!

Can we give minus scores on this or is zero the lowest we can go?

spike220
20-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I would give most of them 1 for turning up but Claros should get -5 for the biggest cop-out I have seen from a Hibs player.

I beg to differ, I am not sure many did turn up!

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-05-2012, 09:01 AM
They should use the scoring system that Stephen Fry uses on QI...top score goes to the fans for actually turning up on the day + 50 points

The team - 300 points as that was embarrassing

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Each and every one of them can do one.

Zeroes all around, McPake can have 1 for his goal and clearance off the line but he was pish as well for most of the game yesterday.

That about sums it up for me, although i think 0 is much too high for Claros, Kujabi and O'Conner.

francobaresi
20-05-2012, 09:06 AM
I beg to differ, I am not sure many did turn up!

Totally agree, I'd be loathe to give them even a zero for that disgraceful non performance yesterday.... Spineless shower of .........

bobbyhibs1983
20-05-2012, 09:10 AM
All looked frightened right from the start. Absolutely no heart or desire to win and as usual just hearts trample all over us. Soares in particular had an absolute nightmare IMO.

I tihnk your first paragraph sums it up, No desire, no heart and i feel we bottled it yet again.I felt ozzy has a few moments, well maybe one or two.
As somone else mentioned on another thread it seems however how play the games before/after us they always seem to be up for playing us.I mean they got gubbed last week 5-0(though if im honest im unsure what team they had put out but somone said to me they had the same defence as yesterday?)

We seemingly have some hibs fans in our team , but they seemed to have the same desire/heart as the rest of the team,
Another thing from yesterday is dont we ever close down?
It was like one of there defenders got the ball and sorta went 20-25yards without getting challenged, now i reckon if he wanted to have a lil run he could have went another 30yards and shot.

overall, im sure noone likes to be beaten by them but im sure most of us hate the motion we rolled over and went down without a fight.

zero-seven
20-05-2012, 09:13 AM

The only players I would keep in the entire quad are Brown the goalie, McPake and maybe Sparky and Garry O'Conner. The rest can well and truly GTF.

Fenlon has a massive job on his hands, a massive clear out needed and I really hope the board give him plenty money to for once actually bring in strong, talented, experienced players.

our issue has been for years,,,we get rid of players who have talent..yes there are issues with contracts yawn..but we have to get out of this mentality if we are to m0ve forward...what would a team with brown, thomson, whittaker, fletcher, stokes, murphy, riordan do to that mob yesterday ?? ifs buts and maybes.. we have had good players...they just dont want to stay and get paid a pittance when there is big coin elsewhere...sad fact is, there doesnt seem to be the same amount and quality of youth coming through the ranks..unless we buy sensibly and get a core of good professionals at the heart of the club, we are screwed..one thing i have noticed, we are so off the pace fitness wise..they ran rings round us, and the train at a public park as well..moneywell spent ?

Spike Mandela
20-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Frogga
20-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Brown - 5 (didn't really have much of a chance with any of the goals)
Doherty - 5 (took a good old ripping from Driver)
Kujabi - 4 (ended any hopes for us with a nightmare encounter with Suso)
Hanlon - 5 (struggled to cope with Skacel and Elliot)
McPake - 6 (saved a certain goal then chipped in with one at the other end, looked shaky at times though)
Stevenson - 5 (good pass to Soares for our goal, but too lightweight and got lost in the midfield)
Soares - 5 (struggled but at least provided some kind of forward spark, albeit a very minimal one)
Claros - 4 (cannot cope with the pace of the game)
Osbourne - 4 (first touch and balance are dreadful, contributed very little)
Griffiths - 5 (tried hard but had little service and gets bullied by the Hearts rearguard)
O'Connor - 5 (off the pace)

Subs

Doyle - 6 (thankless task)
Sproule - 6 (gave us a bit of a spark but didn't stand a chance when we went down to 10 men)
Francombe - 5 (one dodgy pass back into our own box but didn't have much to work with)