PDA

View Full Version : Who will come???

thebausburst
20-05-2012, 08:06 AM
I agree with all the comments about losing mentality, team softness, lack of quality etc. However, on that last point my biggest concern is will better players actually come to our club?? We have lost out on a number of players who have gone elsewhere and more worryingly to previously considered lesser clubs e.g. Godwin staying at St Mirren when Hibs were obviously desperate to get him. Being honest we're yet again being linked with a number of players e.g. Swanson, Dean Shields, Jonny Hayes, Kari Arnason etc Whether any are true or not my point is I'm at the stage when I don't think players of that (better than our lot) ability will actually want to sign for us - and that IMO is the biggest problem facing Fenlon and should be our biggest fear. Let's be honest if for example McPake doesn't sign that will set a crushing precedent on our summer signing spree - time will tell!

col02
20-05-2012, 08:09 AM
I would expect a couple more loan players at the very least. The goalkeeper position is one that will interest me the most. If we re-sign Stack or Brown as number one then I will be looking next to seeing a strong and robust defence being in place. I would go for Gallagher at Dunfermline though as keeper.

thebausburst
20-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I think too many of us think or assume it's an issue of wages, but surely of biggest concern must be a lack of desire to come to our club, particularly when said player in question would rather go/stay at Kille, St Mirren or any other non OF (and Hearts) team.