PDA

View Full Version : And another thing.....Billy Brown GO NOW

theonlywayisup
20-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Divided loyalties was what he talked about before the final. He has to go!

We retained him because of his knowledge of the Scottish game. Well you would have thought with his knowledge and especially the inside knowledge of Hertz, we would maybe have seen something different.

Now, I am not an expert, but if I was the opposition I would have targetted our fullbacks. Knowing Hertz strengths (Driver, Templeton & Suso), I easily predicted that they would have played a wide expansive game. So, surely we should have played players that offered protection to them. We all know that Osbourne, Claros and Soares do not do tracking back and getting tight. So why not play a team that strengthened the midfield, even if that meant only one up front and playing less of our 'stars'.

Now, I know Fenlon is the manager and the buck stops with him. I know that Brown might have mentioned the above to Fenlon and was over-ruled. But, for me, Brown has to go. Divided loyalties, your having a laugh!

Hiber-nation
20-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Divided loyalties was what he talked about before the final. He has to go!

We retained him because of his knowledge of the Scottish game. Well you would have thought with his knowledge and especially the inside knowledge of Hertz, we would maybe have seen something different.

Now, I am not an expert, but if I was the opposition I would have targetted our fullbacks. Knowing Hertz strengths (Driver, Templeton & Suso), I easily predicted that they would have played a wide expansive game. So, surely we should have played players that offered protection to them. We all know that Osbourne, Claros and Soares do not do tracking back and getting tight. So why not play a team that strengthened the midfield, even if that meant only one up front and playing less of our 'stars'.

Now, I know Fenlon is the manager and the buck stops with him. I know that Brown might have mentioned the above to Fenlon and was over-ruled. But, for me, Brown has to go. Divided loyalties, your having a laugh!

Yep, get rid.

A "difficult day" alright, eh Billy. :rolleyes:

col02
20-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I would replace him with Ian Murray as coach in all honesty if Ian cannot continue playing first team football. I would like Ian to have something to do with our under 20 team as his passion for Hibs and experience could be passed onto any young player looking to make the step up.

hibsmad
20-05-2012, 08:08 AM
It gave me no comfort pre game knowing that Brown was in the Hibs dressing room. I have nothing against him but I just kept imagining that we needed everyone really pumping each other up and after his divided loyalties talk I just couldn't see him contributing in the way I would have liked him to.

If a clear out is needed (which it clearly is) then I feel that a member of the coaching staff who still has feelings for them has to be top of the list to go.

Hibeez Boy!xx
20-05-2012, 08:09 AM
The guy on the radio said? You have been on both sides of thecamp billy how do yo think it was going to go today? Then the "boot" said! Well I always knew that if hearts came out on top of their game we would get beat!! Sums him up

3pm
20-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I would replace him with Ian Murray as coach in all honesty if Ian cannot continue playing first team football. I would like Ian to have something to do with our under 20 team as his passion for Hibs and experience could be passed onto any young player looking to make the step up.

I like the idea of Murray being a coach but nobody knows if he's any good.

As things stand, we have enough folk on the pitch who are ineffective at what they do, we don't want any people like that within the management team.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 08:19 AM
I actually quite like BB, and no one to say ye let's fill the place with ex hibees because we all know how that's worked in the past but I think it's a mistake bringing in someone with devided loyalties.

It's not what the fans want to hear.

Wrong answer Billy..... enjoy your day out up at the city chambers.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Billy Brown had the idea in his head that if Hearts played well, we wouldn't stand a chance.

Thats not what we need at this club.

Spike Mandela
20-05-2012, 08:38 AM
What exactly does Billy Brown add?

I Couldn't care less if he stays or goes and I suspect he feels the same.

WhileTheChief..
20-05-2012, 08:43 AM
He only got a 1yr contract anyway so he should soon be away.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 08:43 AM
I just don't see what Billy Brown brings to the table.

Comes accross as a bit of a relic from the old school imo.

BoltonHibee
20-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Billy Brown had the idea in his head that if Hearts played well, we wouldn't stand a chance.

Get him tae ****. He doesn't give a **** about Hibs with comments like that

Holmesdale Hibs
20-05-2012, 08:45 AM
I actually quite like BB, and no one to say ye let's fill the place with ex hibees because we all know how that's worked in the past but I think it's a mistake bringing in someone with devided loyalties.

It's not what the fans want to hear.

Wrong answer Billy..... enjoy your day out up at the city chambers.

:agree: I normally like him and when he first joined his brutal honesty was quite refreshing. But there's a time and a place and, although I agree with some of what he said, it wasn't a good thing to say after the game.

I don't really care if he stays or not but I don't think keeping him or punting him is going to solve any of our problems.

Cropley10
20-05-2012, 08:47 AM
The guy on the radio said? You have been on both sides of thecamp billy how do yo think it was going to go today? Then the "boot" said! Well I always knew that if hearts came out on top of their game we would get beat!! Sums him up

Did he say that with a big grin on his face? He'll be away up the Toon to watch the parade no doubt.

Jim44
20-05-2012, 08:47 AM
I was unaware of his comments about our chances but if true his time at ER must end soon. I suspect he'll end up at East End Park.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Did he say that with a big grin on his face? He'll be away up the Toon to watch the parade no doubt.

Him and his big pal will be touching each other watching it no doubt.

20-05-2012, 08:49 AM

Totally agree, not exactly very inspiring to our players!

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Totally agree, not exactly very inspiring to our players!

We need somebody at the club with a "win at all costs" attitude.

As much as I hate him, Gary Locke seems to get that across to the Hearts players before every derby.

Why don't we????

WeAreHibs
20-05-2012, 09:00 AM
If he's seen anywhere near the town today, infact, out his house. He should get the boot twice, once out the club and secondly right in the jewels.

Everyone associated with the playing squad should be ashamed to be seen in public today.

*** Sodje's Tongue does not condone violence ***

VickMackie
20-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm seek of the **** talking about hearts and feelings for them in every conversation.

I appreciate he gets asked and perhaps after the first interview he should have said that he was focused on hibs and no questions on hearts.

God Petrie
20-05-2012, 09:02 AM
He's a twat.

Treadstone
20-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Get Rid . Soon as .