PDA

View Full Version : Will yesterday be the turning point?

theonlywayisup
20-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Yesterday reinforced everything that I have known this season.

Against the top six clubs, we struggle badly. Yes there was a couple of wins (Motherwell in the cup & St.Johnstone in the league), but we are always made to look very poor. Our midfield is poor, offering nothing in defence and attack. Against the better teams, they exploit that and our defence is over-worked and our forwards are starved of service. It has been clear all season.

Next best in the SPL are Killie and St.Mirren, and whilst we have had the odd success, they are better teams than us at the moment with a better standard of play, though not as good as the top six teams.

I then think that Aberdeen and ICT are on a par with us and they are similar to us in that they give away goals to easily, struggle to score goals against the better teams and the midfield is not great. Yes, they have players that look good (e.g. Hayes, Fallon etc), but they are just as poor a team as us.

Obviously (and thankfully) the Pars have been the worst in the league. I don't think Ross County will be as poor as them.

So will yesterday be the turning point. That black day that we can all look back on in five years time and say that was the day when the fightback started. I have a real concern that there will be many that will turn their backs on Hibs after yesterday. Yes - they will come out for Finals, but we need them every week. For the last ten years, I have spent probably over £1000 per year on season tickets for me and the boys, for the odd games for the wife and daughter, for some away games and for football tops etc. But, this morning I am really asking myself WHY. Do I pay that amount of money to watch my team struggle against poor, poor teams and face the ultimate embarassment in a cup final. No!

Yesterday, could have been a day when a new generation could have said "I want a piece of that action", but we blew it big style!

I am not asking for an instant recovery as I understand it could be a long process. Our team will look completely different next year, but will it be a new list of has-beens and never-wills? When will we start producing the new crop of young stars that will get us excited. But now I want to see the green shoots of recovery, something for me to see that future may well be green!

Over to you, Mr Farmer, Mr. Petrie and Mr. Fenlon. The time for talk has gone, I won't to see some action! I will be watching!

tony
20-05-2012, 09:28 AM
When will we start producing the new crop of young stars that will get us excited. But now I want to see the green shoots of recovery, something for me to see that future may well be green!

Thats the key for me. At the moment we are a great example of what is ***** in Scottish football. Journeymen surrounded by youngsters afraid/ unable to play - just how bad is development in this country.

Id be back regularly if we tore up this dodgy rulebook. Lets have faith in building a new young team playing football the Hibs way. Spirit, adventure and a touch of gallousness. Christ we won bugger all with great players so lets at least enjoy the spectacle. No rosy tinted specs, but a positive reply to our situation. Or else its tinkering with something long since bust.

I dont know what PF is about. The football and systems are dire but may be the result of so much decline. Time to start from scratch. What do we really have to lose?

tony
20-05-2012, 10:31 AM
When will we start producing the new crop of young stars that will get us excited. But now I want to see the green shoots of recovery, something for me to see that future may well be green!

Thats the key for me. At the moment we are a great example of what is ***** in Scottish football. Journeymen surrounded by youngsters afraid/ unable to play - just how bad is development in this country.

Id be back regularly if we tore up this dodgy rulebook. Lets have faith in building a new young team playing football the Hibs way. Spirit, adventure and a touch of gallousness. Christ we won bugger all with great players so lets at least enjoy the spectacle. No rosy tinted specs, but a positive reply to our situation. Or else its tinkering with something long since bust.

I dont know what PF is about. The football and systems are dire but may be the result of so much decline. Time to start from scratch. What do we really have to lose?

Golden Bear
20-05-2012, 10:35 AM
No turning point but just the conclusion of another sad chapter of life as a hibs supporter.