PDA

View Full Version : A distinct lack of balls!

spike220
20-05-2012, 05:42 AM
In the summer I hope we sign six nutters that kick the living daylights out of the opposition, blended with five footballers to do the pretty stuff. We simply need players with balls!! That is all we need. I hope PF gets the backing to put in a monstrous squad together with a couple of nutters willing to put their bodies on the line and put some fear in the opposition.

The only players that showed me any balls yesterday were:

1. McPake - had his faults (particularly for the 2nd goal) but got involved and Hearts never manged to get on top of him.
2. Griffiths - Really put it around a bit and put a few hearts players on the turf, not what a striker is for but at least he offered me something.
3. Doyle - Was too late when he came on, he chased everything and in my opinion stopped Hearts pushing forward and putting more goals on us (a thankless task, but appreciated, it could easily have been 8,9 or heaven forbid 10).

The rest of them were scared wee boys being bossed about. We could have got more passion out of Hibs net team and would have surly put a bit more fear and doubt into the minds of Hearts.

All I am asking for is players with balls!!! Do we not do a medical when we recruit these guys?

Iain G
20-05-2012, 07:42 AM
In the summer I hope we sign six nutters that kick the living daylights out of the opposition, blended with five footballers to do the pretty stuff. We simply need players with balls!! That is all we need. I hope PF gets the backing to put in a monstrous squad together with a couple of nutters willing to put their bodies on the line and put some fear in the opposition.

The only players that showed me any balls yesterday were:

1. McPake - had his faults (particularly for the 2nd goal) but got involved and Hearts never manged to get on top of him.
2. Griffiths - Really put it around a bit and put a few hearts players on the turf, not what a striker is for but at least he offered me something.
3. Doyle - Was too late when he came on, he chased everything and in my opinion stopped Hearts pushing forward and putting more goals on us (a thankless task, but appreciated, it could easily have been 8,9 or heaven forbid 10).

The rest of them were scared wee boys being bossed about. We could have got more passion out of Hibs net team and would have surly put a bit more fear and doubt into the minds of Hearts.

All I am asking for is players with balls!!! Do we not do a medical when we recruit these guys?

Perhaps we binned Martin Scott a little too early, surely he would have at least added some bite into that powederpuff midfield yesterday? Or Sean Welsh back from Partick may have actually bothered his backside a little more?!?

SlickShoes
20-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Its been like this all season, the midfield walks/jogs to the ball while the other team is busting a gut to be first to it.

Yesterday was summed up when at 2-0 down the ball went into our corner and Claros was walking towards it, two hearts players then overtook him, got the ball in the box and almost scored.

I can't for the life of me understand why they are all so lethargic about it, it was a national cup final, surely as a pro footballer you would be pumped up for it and if anything would be running too fast and tiring yourself out? swanning about midfield and waiting on the ball coming to you is criminal.