PDA

View Full Version : Another day

Lucius Apuleius
20-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Well, woke up 5.30 as usual. Up, scratch of the heehaws and into the loo. Looked in the mirror, and blow me down, I am still a Hibby. The tatoo says it, the fact I have the correct number of fingers and toes says it and the fact I can string a coherent sentence together proves it. Yesterday hurt. Fenlon was brought in to stop us going down (which I reckon we had every chance of had CC stayed), he succeeded. He also got us the bonus of a Scottish cup final. We don't get many of them. The old curse seemingly said we would not win it again until we had an Irish manager, it never said ut would be in his first season though.

Onwards and upwards chaps.

Glory Glory.

scoopyboy
20-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Well, woke up 5.30 as usual. Up, scratch of the heehaws and into the loo. Looked in the mirror, and blow me down, I am still a Hibby. The tatoo says it, the fact I have the correct number of fingers and toes says it and the fact I can string a coherent sentence together proves it. Yesterday hurt. Fenlon was brought in to stop us going down (which I reckon we had every chance of had CC stayed), he succeeded. He also got us the bonus of a Scottish cup final. We don't get many of them. The old curse seemingly said we would not win it again until we had an Irish manager, it never said ut would be in his first season though.

Glory Glory.

Much my feeling as well.

I was no different from anyone else with all the wee omens etc.

Thing we probably overlooked was that our team is gash.

The Cup Final was a financial bonus and I only hope we get a better team out of it.

We really need a better team.

alfieboi75
20-05-2012, 06:16 AM
Another day it is....and I've got to face the banter from my mates at the golf today....guess who is going to be walking the course alone today!!!!

As Pat says....there will be changes so I hope he is sitting in his office right now identifying targets for next season....just hope he gets a big name signing to give us a boast and confidence after yesterday's result. The club needs it!! The fans need it!!!

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Much my feeling as well.

The Cup Final was a financial bonus and I only hope we get a better team out of it.

Pretty much the same as you two guys.

Fenlon pretty much said it like it was. Two poor decisions aside (Black's elbow on Griffiths and the penalty) we only showed up for about 10 minutes at the end of the first half.

I think they tried the best they could but that was nowhere near enough. I've had worse days, not that many admittedly.

Hibs7
20-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Been a crap weekend, but seeing and being part of the Hibs support yesterday was amazing.
11 out of 10 for the guys who thought up and set up the display, the supporters were Hibernian yesterday and I am proud to be part of it.

hibbiedon
20-05-2012, 07:40 AM

Glory Glory.

Cheers bud you have made me smile again, can i pinch this for my facebook

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Thank God the seasons over is all i can say.

I think we all need a break. After this weekend is out the way I'd rather not think about Hibs for a few weeks.

Come the new season though I'll be ready to go again, its what being a Hibs supporter is all about. Hopefully a few of the guys saying they won't be back will feel the same after a few weeks break.

The good thing is we know it can't get any worse than yesterday.

Lucius Apuleius
20-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Cheers bud you have made me smile again, can i pinch this for my facebook

Course you can.

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2012, 07:47 AM
I didn't sleep well at all and I feel the shock turning to anger this morning. The club as a whole has such a big job on its hands this summer. Surely this is the moment when those in charge recognise the size of the task.

Another day, same old *****

Gerard
20-05-2012, 07:52 AM

Glory Glory.

:wink::top marks

down-the-slope
20-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Much my feeling as well.

:agree: but i'll go further - had we won we would still have had a poor squad (but it might have papered over the cracks)...the cup final was Hibs equivelent of winning the lottery - the ST sales (which would have sunk otherwise) went skywards and now we have a one transfer window opportunity to get it right - because be in now doubt that those who are fickle or just at the end of their tether will not be around 2013/14 if we do not get a team on the park that shows spirit and desire, and provides some semblance of possibility of winning matches on a reasonably regular basis.
I just hope the work that management team have been doing looking for players is ready to hit the ground running come June 1st - with 13 players loan periods or contracts ending we need to get this right.

One bright light that should not be overlooked is our own loaned out youngsters who mostly did well during those spells and will need fitting into squad or not depending on the managers plans.