PDA

View Full Version : Yogi was right about one thing.

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 03:10 AM
This club is a SOFT TOUCH and it starts from the very top and works it way all through the club to bottom, no pressure from our owner on the people left in charge of running the club, and we are failing big time in that department, if our owner thinks that he wishes he had a 100 RP working for him he would be out of buisness by now, how can our owner see this as acceptable, its not and its time he done something about it, FFS 3 games won at ER this season, does he think this is that acceptable for a club like Hibs, simple answer is no.

Time for STF to be showing and letting the fans know that this crap cannot go on, which it is and he is standing by and letting it happen because he thinks RP is the right man for the job, well imo he is not anymore.

truehibernian
20-05-2012, 03:31 AM
I would say time to thank Rod, see him step aside, vastly improve the coaching and scouting network, and tell Scott Lindsay to clear his desk too SH.

Club needs reenergised, I said so mid season. Five years of mediocrity/failure to succeed, yet the Board are intact. Yes players take blame, but they seem impenetrable.

Scouting and coaching is being cut back I hear.......that says it all about where Hibs are SH.

Don't think anyone can blame STF though SH....he nailed his colours to the mast for years...he saved the club, he put money in, but he sees it as a self sustaining, community football club, in a sport he acknowledges he has no deep rooted interest in.

brisbanehibs
20-05-2012, 04:31 AM
I think the OP makes an excellent point. The one thing that all of us are feeling after a shambolic day at Hampden is utter rage. When the owner doesn't share that sense of rage (I am guessing here that STF slept OK last night unlike most of us) then we've got a problem which, as the OP suggests, is most likely reflected in a lack of true pressure and accountability coming from the top and filtering its way down through the club.

Our club has been in decline for ages, that much isn't new. At last we have an honest and articulate manager post Yogi/Calderwood, too early to tell if he's got what it takes but Pat looked and sounded shattered yesterday and said what was wrong with the club in no uncertain terms and that he'd fix it.

I would LOVE to hear STF and Rod speak out also and either convince us they hurt as much and have a plan and maybe hear STF say that he'll use yesterday as a catalyst to either sell up or invest some energy (don't need cash to change culture) and passion in energising our club and HIS business. Again, the OP is spot on - this "business" has been failing for years and that comes down to leadership. It's not about Rod it's about the guy with the money at the top - no different to any other business in any other walk of life.

Too easy and lazy to say sack Pat or Rod or anyone else for that matter - root and branch change is needed, yesterday provides the perfect catalyst...what's lacking is genuine leadership from the top guy and without that we are stuffed.

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 07:41 AM
I would say time to thank Rod, see him step aside, vastly improve the coaching and scouting network, and tell Scott Lindsay to clear his desk too SH.

Club needs reenergised, I said so mid season. Five years of mediocrity/failure to succeed, yet the Board are intact. Yes players take blame, but they seem impenetrable.

Scouting and coaching is being cut back I hear.......that says it all about where Hibs are SH.

Don't think anyone can blame STF though SH....he nailed his colours to the mast for years...he saved the club, he put money in, but he sees it as a self sustaining, community football club, in a sport he acknowledges he has no deep rooted interest in.

Which is what it should be.

In the absence of anybody willing to ***** away their fortunes in sunny Leith, this is where we are.

Matty_Jack04
20-05-2012, 07:47 AM
This club is a SOFT TOUCH and it starts from the very top and works it way all through the club to bottom, no pressure from our owner on the people left in charge of running the club, and we are failing big time in that department, if our owner thinks that he wishes he had a 100 RP working for him he would be out of buisness by now, how can our owner see this as acceptable, its not and its time he done something about it, FFS 3 games won at ER this season, does he think this is that acceptable for a club like Hibs, simple answer is no.

Time for STF to be showing and letting the fans know that this crap cannot go on, which it is and he is standing by and letting it happen because he thinks RP is the right man for the job, well imo he is not anymore.

STF is not to blame he made everyone well aware when he saved us he would not throw money at us and he was not a football man

brisbanehibs
20-05-2012, 09:57 AM
STF is not to blame he made everyone well aware when he saved us he would not throw money at us and he was not a football man

Couldn't agree more HOWEVER he doesn't need to throw money at us or be a football man to realise that the club that he owns is in big trouble and many thousands of fans feel hugely let down. NOT directly his fault (indirectly I think he IS implicated) but it would be great if he could come out and make a statement that clarifies for us all what we can expect and what he expects from the people he employs to run his club for him. Just simply want to know what he will hold people accountable for.

If it's simply keep the books balanced then say it and everyone will understand that in the current financial climate. However there are many of our competitors in the SPL (not Hearts) who aim to do exactly the same so how does STF see us competing with these other "balanced books" outfits. What should Hibs supporters who have purchased season tickets hope to see the club achieve and where do we aspire to be now and in five years time? Who do we want to compete with and who will we never try and match? We sell more season tickets than (say) St Johnstone so what does STF suggest that the club's supporters can expect in the coming seasons given that state of affairs - more investment than St Johnstone, a better training centre, better players and how will he judge whether Rod & Co have succeeded in delivering on these aspirations??

So not directly STF's fault at all but he is part of the solution and all it needs is leadership and a bit of communication.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh joy!

Surprised we actually have much of a budget for scouting to start with.

SneakersO'Toole
20-05-2012, 10:05 AM
We all have a go a Romanov but the bottom line is that he people know where they stand with him.

Some of his actions may be questionable but he does LEAD from the front. This is precisely what Hibs are lacking - LEADERSHIP.

Romanov is a winner (2 cups and 2nd place finish so far during his reign) while our owner is happy for the club to bumble along achieving nowt.

The culture at Hibs is all nicey nice, be everyones pal etc. When Romanov joined Hearts he didn't do it to make a new best friend, he did it to win things (which he has achieved). Until Hibs change this direction we will continue to flutter along the path of mediocrity.

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 10:19 AM
We all have a go a Romanov but the bottom line is that he people know where they stand with him.

Some of his actions may be questionable but he does LEAD from the front. This is precisely what Hibs are lacking - LEADERSHIP.

Romanov is a winner (2 cups and 2nd place finish so far during his reign) while our owner is happy for the club to bumble along achieving nowt.

The culture at Hibs is all nicey nice, be everyones pal etc. When Romanov joined Hearts he didn't do it to make a new best friend, he did it to win things (which he has achieved). Until Hibs change this direction we will continue to flutter along the path of mediocrity.

You are missing out trading losses of £30.3m, DFE swaps of £22m and debt "forgiveness" of £17m in that period. Add to that little lot what he (his banks customers) paid for them in the first place.

Is two cups and a 2nd place finish a good return on his "investment"?

Dalkeith
20-05-2012, 10:27 AM

along with just about everything at the club from what i hear

Spike Mandela
20-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Is two cups and a 2nd place finish a good return on his "investment"?

Pop along to Gorgie today and ask their fans if it's a good return.:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Pop along to Gorgie today and ask their fans if it's a good return.:rolleyes:

I will decline that offer if you dont mind Spike :greengrin

I am sure they are delighted but it highlights the difference in approaches to running a football club, and is a pointer to why we lost so badly.

Personally, for that outlay, I would have been looking for more than that.

TheEastTerrace
20-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Think the question we should be asking ourselves and those in the know is what exactly is it like to be a footballer, manager, coach, staff member, etc at Hibernian Football Club? Over the last few seasons, players with potential or talent have come and gone having been an unmitigated disaster; managers have come and gone levelling similar barbs at the attitude and lack of professionalism inherent in the club; coaches, scouts, youth development....just what exactly is going on at Easter Road? Is it the culture? What codes of conduct are in place? There just seems to be an acceptance of mediocrity.

In his post match interview, and in the heat of the moment after capitulation, Fenlon was brutally honest and revealed much more than I've heard from someone at Easter Road in a long time. This club is soft and the players coast along with no passion or commitment.

I know this may be seen as an over-reaction but I'm angry and upset after yesterday.

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Think the question we should be asking ourselves and those in the know is what exactly is it like to be a footballer, manager, coach, staff member, etc at Hibernian Football Club? Over the last few seasons, players with potential or talent have come and gone having been an unmitigated disaster; managers have come and gone levelling similar barbs at the attitude and lack of professionalism inherent in the club; coaches, scouts, youth development....just what exactly is going on at Easter Road? Is it the culture? What codes of conduct are in place? There just seems to be an acceptance of mediocrity.

In his post match interview, and in the heat of the moment after capitulation, Fenlon was brutally honest and revealed much more than I've heard from someone at Easter Road in a long time. This club is soft and the players coast along with no passion or commitment.

I know this may be seen as an over-reaction but I'm angry and upset after yesterday.

Fenlon probably could say, that the season was over, what he has felt for a while. Plenty on here have been saying the same. He's the boss and it's up to him to fix it. He knew the tools and budget when he took the job on.

PPZPOL
20-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Hibs is a cushy number that much is clear, look at the amount of ex-players we bring back and pay good money to when in reality nobody else will take them (e.g. Sproule, O'Connor, Murray, Riordan). If you've played for Hibs it's almost a certainty that no matter how good or bad you have been since you left you are welcomed back and normally welcomed back like some sort of hero. The whole mentality at the club is wrong, if you are at Hearts and you don't pull your weight your just simply left out or told to do one, no questions asked that's just how it is. They play with a fear that they won't be playing next game if they don't put in a shift whereas Tom Soares and others play like they can't be bothered being there and that it's an inconvenience to them.
I watched the warm up yesterday and it was night and day between the two teams, this was not the only problem but I get the impression if you turn up at training and don't fancy it at Hibs it's pretty much accepted. There were at least 3 or 4 players in that warm up who I would have hooked BEFORE the game, going through the motions expecting things to happen instead of making things happen. I'm rather excited about the prospect of some of these guys being told to do one asap. BYE:bye: DO NOT DARKEN OUR DOORWAY AGAIN

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Which is what it should be.

In the absence of anybody willing to ***** away their fortunes in sunny Leith, this is where we are.

What finishing bottom 6 most seasons or as we have just seen battling it out with the Pars to stay in the league, i don't want to be there like most Hibs fans either, but please c'mon Kaiser we have seen our squad being diluted every season, managers losing to there first choice players during the transfer window.

I am not asking him to invest money or anything stupid like that, :wink:, but FFS he needs to get tough with the folk he has left in charge to run the club for him, as they are not doing a very good job of it as far as i can see.

iain nolan
20-05-2012, 11:04 AM
the only thing that will change is if we get football players who want to give 100% to pat fenlon .
players are not intreasted in the boardroom its not sir tom they have to show passion to it the man who picks the team . take doyle he made a step up coming to hibs needs to work on his game thats why we have coaching staff but the lad gives us 100% when he picked. take o conner made his money big star who never became great player does he give us 100% every game i dont think so . then take yogi, jack,
rae , hunter,everyone off them gave 100% every game because they where bad lossers . that the kind off guys we need to sign 100% players and bad lossers:flag:

let the board do there work by keeping the books in order and if pat signs players wanting to give 100% we half way to turning this club around:pfgwa

smurf
20-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Another example of how soft a touch our club is is the appointment of Craig Thomson for this game. We know what we all feared before he was appointed. And we all said what we did when he was appointed.

Could you imagine what Sir Alex would be saying in the media? He would completely divert attention onto how he was going to perform. The 'referee' would be made more than aware of the spotlight on him before the game.

Our club said nothing. Indeed on Thursday evening when a supporter raised the issue at Easter Road during the BBC Radio Scotland Rodders looked mystified by the question...

Maybe the cheat that is Thomson might have felt compelled to at least book Black for what should have been an automatic red for his assault on Griffiths.

The club from top to bottom functions with no winners mentality.

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 11:15 AM
What finishing bottom 6 most seasons or as we have just seen battling it out with the Pars to stay in the league, i don't want to be there like most Hibs fans either, but please c'mon Kaiser we have seen our squad being diluted every season, managers losing to there first choice players during the transfer window.

I am not asking him to invest money or anything stupid like that, :wink:, but FFS he needs to get tough with the folk he has left in charge to run the club for him, as they are not doing a very good job of it as far as i can see.

We are told they do, and I assume you know that they do. But what clubs are they losing them to? I can think of a few who have went to Yams (three of them started yesterday) and we simply cant compete on any reasonable level with what they are doing/spending. And if Rangers get away with what they have been doing that approach will be accepted as the norm.

Changes are happening at boardroom level so we will see if this permeates through the club and lets see what Fenlon does in the next few months.

Hughes, for all his fine talk, probably put out the softest (not the worst I add) Hibs 11 i have witnessed in many a long year.

Iain G
20-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Romanov is a winner

I suspect there is going to be a lot written on here about the cup final over the next days and weeks, but if anything that is written on Hibs.net is as nuts, crazy and downright unbelievable as these 4 words then God help us all!! :greengrin

I mean, seriously?!?! :confused::wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2012, 11:38 AM

:agree:

SneakersO'Toole
20-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I suspect there is going to be a lot written on here about the cup final over the next days and weeks, but if anything that is written on Hibs.net is as nuts, crazy and downright unbelievable as these 4 words then God help us all!! :greengrin

I mean, seriously?!?! :confused::wink:

2 Scottish Cups in 6 years says it all. He is certainly more of a winner than our owner who displays the footballing ambition of a junior team.

DH1875
20-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I know I'm in the minority here but Yogi should have never been shown the door when he was. Just my opinion but when you listen to his plans I can see where he was coming from.