PDA

View Full Version : We're used to losing the derby, but that was beyond my worst fears

Hibernia&Alba
19-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Perhaps I'm a deluded idiot, but I actually thought we would test Hearts today. I genuinely hoped that, for once, we would come away from the derby with heads held high: if not winners then proud losers who had given it everything.

Yet again they turned up and we didn't.

Yet again they wanted it more.

Yet again from the first whistle they looked confident whilst we looked terrified.

Yet again the first goal had the inevitable feeling of no way back.

Yet again the Hearts fans laughed at us and celebrated, and we could do nothing but look on. They were even giving it 'ole' before an hour had gone.

Yet again we looked beaten before a ball was kicked.

I honestly didn't think it could be that bad; not capitulation and total cowardice in a cup final derby. Outsiders, yes, but not lambs to the slaughter. Being outplayed by the better tam on the day is one thing, chucking it without a fight is something else. It's impossible to even begin to analyse what happened, such was the extent of the shambles. I just can't get a handle on what we saw today, and won't be able to until the shock subsides. Stunned.

19-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Agree, the usual derby tale for us. Humiliated again yet this time 100% worse.

We don't deserve this!

Bobby's Cinema
19-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Spot on. Can't say anymore than that

matty_f
19-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Until we have players that don't sh!** themselves at the sight of a)a bloodied turd coloured jersey and b) a football, we'll continue to lose to them.

I thought we'd have given them a game but I was spectacluarly wrong. Hibs were yet again found wanting in a derby. Sickening.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 10:40 PM
I had plenty of nightmares leading up to this game, but I can tell you, this one was the worst of the bunch.

James70
19-05-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't take any pleasure in saying this but I could see today's result coming a mile off. Having said that I have immense respect for all those supporters who made the trip to the game full of optimism thinking this would be our year.

Let's face the fact, we have been absolutely dire all season and that was never going to change even though it was a cup final we were playing in. The team was full of loan players brought in as mercenaries basically to save us from relegation, getting to a cup final was something nobody would have predicted back in January.

I was praying that we would play Celtic in the final as losing to them would at least have been easier to take.

Fenlon now has a massive job on his hands trying to almost completely rebuild a team from the rubble left by the Hearts demolition job today. I foresee another fight against relegation next season and there is a big question mark over our ability to survive another season in the top league.

It doesn't say much for the confidence within the squad when Billy Brown allegedly was quoted as hoping that Hearts had an off day!

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-05-2012, 11:01 PM
It was the usual embassment today. They laugh at us and we just let them do it, time after time, every Hibs player today should be embarassed by their display today.