PDA

View Full Version : to the guy sitting next me today...

davidw
19-05-2012, 10:20 PM
...East Stand, Row U, Seat 110, wearing the green morph-suit:

1) when there are families near you (my 11 year-old daughter to your right, little girl straight in front of you, other kids all around) why not think for a bit and see whether it's really all that great to spend 70 minutes calling everyone "f*****g c***s", "f*****g p***ks", "f*****g c*****s" etc etc etc

2) while you're at it (and this is more to the point), when you scream "f*****g proddies" every three minutes, perhaps you should consider that, unlike the bigoted lot in Glasgow, we're not a sectarian club. Furthermore, a huge percentage of Hibs fans are - as you would put it - "f*****g proddies". I remember a fans survey 15-20 years ago that showed the vast majority of Hibs fans were not Catholic (in fact, given the religious trends in Scotland and Edinburgh in recent years, I would imagine the majority are simply non-religious), so why not put your minute brain into operation to think about that. I live in Glasgow now and kids my were born there: I've tried to explain to them that what makes Hibs different from 'Sellik' is that we're not bigoted, and so are 'better' than them in that regard. And then you show up.

3) when you stand on your seat and scream at people that they are "f*****g c***s" for leaving early (at 3-1 and 4-1) and then when you yourself leave with 20 minutes to go, that makes you a hypocrite. Or, as you might put it, a "f*****g hypocritcal ******".

I had a sh*t day today. But you made it a lot, lot worse. You twat.

Gez1875
19-05-2012, 10:47 PM
i am guilty of swearing at football games and if i do when kids r about i apologize for it......but one thing i cant stand is bigots, there r no room for them in live never mind football, its great to be proud of your heritage and our clubs heritage, we r who we r, our club has moved with the times we will help anyone regardless their religion. i for one am proud that we dont sing sectarian songs at easter road or on the road, and that we have matured enough as a club over the decades to not bring religion into our games.

try concentrating on your own beliefs rather than hating someone for theirs.

i'm an ex catholic, current atheist.

snooky
19-05-2012, 10:54 PM
i am guilty of swearing at football games and if i do when kids r about i apologize for it......but one thing i cant stand is bigots, there r no room for them in live never mind football, its great to be proud of your heritage and our clubs heritage, we r who we r, our club has moved with the times we will help anyone regardless their religion. i for one am proud that we dont sing sectarian songs at easter road or on the road, and that we have matured enough as a club over the decades to not bring religion into our games.

try concentrating on your own beliefs rather than hating someone for theirs.

i'm an ex catholic, current atheist.

I thought both crowds were great. No sectarian bile (I didn't hear any) and a general friendly rivalry, at least that's what I witnessed. The poor Glesga polis were like rabbits in headlights watching both sets of fans chatting with each other in front of the stand before the game. They are obviously strangers to this form of civilization.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 11:00 PM

1) when there are families near you (my 11 year-old daughter to your right, little girl straight in front of you, other kids all around) why not think for a bit and see whether it's really all that great to spend 70 minutes calling everyone "f*****g c***s", "f*****g p***ks", "f*****g c*****s" etc etc etc

2) while you're at it (and this is more to the point), when you scream "f*****g proddies" every three minutes, perhaps you should consider that, unlike the bigoted lot in Glasgow, we're not a sectarian club. Furthermore, a huge percentage of Hibs fans are - as you would put it - "f*****g proddies". I remember a fans survey 15-20 years ago that showed the vast majority of Hibs fans were not Catholic (in fact, given the religious trends in Scotland and Edinburgh in recent years, I would imagine the majority are simply non-religious), so why not put your minute brain into operation to think about that. I live in Glasgow now and kids my were born there: I've tried to explain to them that what makes Hibs different from 'Sellik' is that we're not bigoted, and so are 'better' than them in that regard. And then you show up.

3) when you stand on your seat and scream at people that they are "f*****g c***s" for leaving early (at 3-1 and 4-1) and then when you yourself leave with 20 minutes to go, that makes you a hypocrite. Or, as you might put it, a "f*****g hypocritcal ******".

Excellent post. Probably redundant though as I doubt he can read.

1875HFC
19-05-2012, 11:01 PM

This guy sounds like a bean, no need for that with kids around. Hope you covered their ears mate

johnbc70
19-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately 2 hibs fans were fighting each other in South Stand. One boy threw his scarf away after the fourth and 2 guys went crazy at him, calmed down a bit then as the 2 were leaving one of them went back for the scarf thrower and they started trading punches. Luckily other fans broke it up, other than that the fans were tremendous today, even the 2 pandas in front of me!

CRAZYHIBBY
20-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Why not just tell him to shut up

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Unfortunately 2 hibs fans were fighting each other in South Stand. One boy threw his scarf away after the fourth and 2 guys went crazy at him, calmed down a bit then as the 2 were leaving one of them went back for the scarf thrower and they started trading punches. Luckily other fans broke it up, other than that the fans were tremendous today, even the 2 pandas in front of me!There was of that in the East as well after their second. Didn't see what started it because it was behind me but turned around to see two Hibs fans pushing and shouting at each other with a mate of one of them trying to break it up. You never want to see that, we were all hurting today but fighting with each other will solve nothing

Togs91
20-05-2012, 12:40 AM
As states in another post, in the east stand top row, after te first went in a group of lads kicked in a couple of seats snapping them off. I remember vividly standing in the far right of the weat stand at ER after garry scored the last minute winner and watching that lot kickong our seats apart and throwing them, thinking they were a bunch of animals. Poor show lads was a tough day, but doesnt merrit kicking the place apart

bob12345
20-05-2012, 12:48 AM
There was a guy at the front row beside the corner flag between South/East hurling racist abuse at the steward. I was too depressed to confront.

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 02:47 AM

So why come bleating on here about it, why didn't you say something to them at the game today, it was a Derby Scottish Cup Final, not a church outing, what were you expecting, yes the proddie thing was wrong and that's when you should have said something to them, but come on if you don't want your daughter to be hearing sweary words then football is not the best place to take her.

FitbaFolkKen
20-05-2012, 03:30 AM
So why come bleating on here about it, why didn't you say something to them at the game today, it was a Derby Scottish Cup Final, not a church outing, what were you expecting, yes the proddie thing was wrong and that's when you should have said something to them, but come on if you don't want your daughter to be hearing sweary words then football is not the best place to take her.

Great idea, kids all around and you want him to confront the boy, who more than likely is bevvied and thoroughly pissed off at the "performance" on offer....that's gonna end well.

I'm sure the OP was well aware of the environment he was bringing his daughter into, so that would suggest that this behaviour was a bit extreme?

Cue comments on growing a pair and telling folk to man up.:grr:

LEaston87
20-05-2012, 04:10 AM

i do not for a second condone what this person did but why no just tell the guy that when you were there instead of writing it on hibs.net? man up to these pr1cks

IWasThere2016
20-05-2012, 05:08 AM
There were two wanting to go at it in Section F in the East anaw as one left at 4-1. They were held apart by their respective pals. Sad.

marinello59
20-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Absolute garbage.There is a line to be drawn between the odd expletive and the aggressive foul mouthed rants that some half wits think is acceptable. Using the fact that it was a Derby doesn't wash with me. Behaving like a moron in front of kids is never acceptable, it's self indulgent and cowardly. To even suggest that kids shouldn't be taken to games so the brain dead can enjoy their streams of bile without upsetting anybody is simply absurd.

Beefster
20-05-2012, 06:55 AM

Because putting yourself in a situation where you may end up having to trade punches with a ned, in front of your kids, isn't particularly responsible?

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Absolute garbage.There is a line to be drawn between the odd expletive and the aggressive foul mouthed rants that some half wits think is acceptable. Using the fact that it was a Derby doesn't wash with me. Behaving like a moron in front of kids is never acceptable, it's self indulgent and cowardly. To even suggest that kids shouldn't be taken to games so the brain dead can enjoy their streams of bile without upsetting anybody is simply absurd.

Well said.

I'll happily admit to a few swear word yesterday. I think most of us will.

Sadly Hampden seems to bring out the worst in our support. The number of people who seem.totally incapable of handling a drink is unbelievable. If your not able to have a drink without kicking seats in, throwing punches or shouting obscenities relentlessly for 90+ minutes then perhaps its time to give up drinking.

HibbySpurs
20-05-2012, 08:37 AM

Yes there are aholes around. I had a wee lassie next to me yesterday and tried to keep my language toned a bit and I apologise to her dad if I swore excessively at any point (East Row N 138). The poor wee girl was gutted and there would have been loads of kids there that were totally upset because they'll know what's coming at school this week and kids can be really cruel.

When I left I just left hoping that kids like this still come back because without them we have no future and TBH who would blame them at 8/9 year old if they decided ****** this I'm going to support a team that wins (Celtic, Huns, Hearts).... Perhaps this is what the club are missing but we can all see, penny pinching now is going to kill us in the long term?

Cropley10
20-05-2012, 08:54 AM

I sympathise. But a grown man wearing a Morph suit to a Final. What was he thinking. :faf:

bigkenny
20-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level.

KeithTheHibby
20-05-2012, 10:36 AM

Not excusing the guy but why come on here ranting 8 hours after the event when you could have told him personally at the game?

Either that informed a steward or copper who could have told him?

You rant seems totally pointless to me.

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I thought both crowds were great. No sectarian bile (I didn't hear any) and a general friendly rivalry, at least that's what I witnessed. The poor Glesga polis were like rabbits in headlights watching both sets of fans chatting with each other in front of the stand before the game. They are obviously strangers to this form of civilization.

:aok: When we left the bus station there was Hibs and Hearts fans standing talking in various areas - as you say, the polis obviously aren't used to seeing a bit of friendly chat. Think it proved today that we aren't the old firm's little brothers.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 10:45 AM
People swear at football it comes with the territory I'm afraid.

Kids probably hear worse on the playground so someone swearing a lot is way down my list of things that bothered me about yesterday

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 10:47 AM

Good post, no room for sectarian crap in this club or anywhere in life.

The swearing, well I can understand people being frustrated, me included.

Well played for not making it any worse by confronting this moron.

If you felt as strong as you obviously do then a wee word in a stewards ear might have been the way to go.

All very depressing.

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Because putting yourself in a situation where you may end up having to trade punches with a ned, in front of your kids, isn't particularly responsible?

What would you have done if you were in that position Beefster, just sat there and said nothing to them about it.

The guy could have reported them to the nearest steward, that's what they are there for to deal with idiots like that., its not as if they would have been hard to keep an eye on dressed the way they were.

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 11:14 AM

The guy could have reported them to the stewards for the proddie comments. Yes/No.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Not excusing the guy but why come on here ranting 8 hours after the event when you could have told him personally at the game?

We had an erse behind us, as soon as the 3rd goal went in he wanted all the hearts players to die, each and every one of them were vermin, he never stopped abusing them. It was *** this and cu** that constantly until i left.

I never said a word, that team deflated me so much, i just sat on my erse and hardly even watched the game.

marinello59
20-05-2012, 12:54 PM
The guy could have reported them to the stewards for the proddie comments. Yes/No.

You have either missed or ignored my point. You suggested that the OP shouldn't take his daughter if he doesn't want her having to listen to morons. That is a total nonsense. There is a major difference between uttering a few expletives born out of frustration ( which we probably all do) and what this guy was apparently doing. Yes, he could have reported it to a steward but if people want to bring up the subject of what they feel is unacceptable they should able to without the 'man up' replies. Like it or not families go to football together these days, any grown man unable to control himself in that company just shouldn't be there.

JohnStephens91
20-05-2012, 01:00 PM
It was an awful experience for everyone, but when Kujabi was sent off a guy in the row behind me was shouting 'you stupid black b*****d' and 'f*****g n****r' at him and it was the most vile thing I've heard. A majority of the fans behaved themselves but like any team we will have a handful of idiots in the crowd.

davidw
20-05-2012, 01:05 PM

"but why come on here ranting 8 hours after the event when you could have told him personally at the game?"

Because:

1) The post was aimed at the guy sitting next to me. Hence the title of the post.
2) It made me feel better last night. Cathartic and all that.

I did look for a steward - there wasn't one near. But in any case I didn't want to be seen grassing the guy to one - as that would have created another situation. And in any case - and in answer to the suggestions that I should have sorted it with a word with Morph Man - he was a nutter, he was pissed, he was 20 years younger than me, I am a feartie (sorry, I mean I am a man of non-violence) and he didn't seem the type I could reason with. Oh, and I had my 11 year-old daughter with me. Which brings me to the posts suggesting this could be sorted by not taking kids to games: er, how exactly would that help the future of the club?

Right, it's sunny outside. I am walking away from the keyboard.

clerriehibs
20-05-2012, 01:34 PM

Yes. But a steward would have done nothing. A copper would have done nothing. They don't at ER - they certainly won't in the west. Had the guy spoken to the poor excuse for a human, chances are that would have been the opportunity for this idiot to launch into violence.

Nothing the OP can do other than publicise the twat's behaviour on a widely read forum, and maybe hope this guy recognises himself. There is a slight chance that the twat somehow realises he was out of order, and moderates his behaviour in future.

Jack
20-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level.

--- and beat you with their experience.

iwasthere1972
20-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I saw some idiot kick the living daylights out of a rubbish bin at the top of the east stand when they scored their third. I would doubt it if he got home without being arrested. He was on his way out the stadium probably looking for the first Yam to emerge.

Not pleasant getting beat especially to them in a final but some folk really need to pay for some anger management sessions. One plus is that even in defeat fans on our bus even had a sing song on the way home.

hibee1994
20-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Dunno if this is in the same league but the woman sitting close to me was waving a massive flag about and hitting everyone in the face with it. Hit me 4 times in the face, hit my mate 3 times and hit the majority of the fans around her. Not that she had a clue she was doing it, despite being told multiple times. Then she proceded to shout at the linesman for not being in line with the play (in hibs half) even though he was the linesman for the Hearts half. Decided she would spend the rest of the game shouting cheat at Grainger, telling suso to "go back to Iraq" and used her flagpole to try (again hitting people in the process) and shoot Paulo Sergio who she was convinced was Vladimir Romanov.

Made a bad day worse.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Dunno if this is in the same league but the woman sitting close to me was waving a massive flag about and hitting everyone in the face with it. Hit me 4 times in the face, hit my mate 3 times and hit the majority of the fans around her. Not that she had a clue she was doing it, despite being told multiple times. Then she proceded to shout at the linesman for not being in line with the play (in hibs half) even though he was the linesman for the Hearts half. Decided she would spend the rest of the game shouting cheat at Grainger, telling suso to "go back to Iraq" and used her flagpole to try (again hitting people in the process) and shoot Paulo Sergio who she was convinced was Vladimir Romanov.

Made a bad day worse.

Sorry I know that was probably a ***** experience for you but the bit about pretending to shoot Sergio with her flag made me laugh.

hibee1994
20-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Sorry I know that was probably a ***** experience for you but the bit about pretending to shoot Sergio with her flag made me laugh.

Didn't say that some of wasn't funny, just wish it was funny in a farther away seat.

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2012, 02:13 PM

Made a bad day worse.

all of this :faf: apart from nearly poking everyone's eyes out

FitbaFolkKen
20-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Genuinely never heard so much hate from a "support", must have been their minority on our train with their mix of racism, homophobia and bigotry. With the police ignoring what were quite clearly illegal chants, and the rest of the yams clearly embarrassed but noone shouting them down.

Really summed up the day for me, disgusting behaviour.

iwasthere1972
20-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Made a bad day worse.

About thirty seconds of waving my flag it fell off the stick which I then managed to hit on the guys head in the seat in front of me. Not once but three times. He was not amused. Luckily it was still 0-0

KWJ
20-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Just had Mr. Negative behind me. Seconds in "Hanlon's having a mare" Hanlon's at fault for everything. You're ****ing ***** Hanlon. Oh no Sproule's coming on he's ****ing *****. carried on until I moved seat.

Also nearly went fighting with a guy who left early. The guy in fairness did throw his scarf to the pitch while waiting on getting his flag back.

HibeeMG
20-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I can totally understand the bad experience that people had with some erseholes around them. As I was there on my own, I would have felt inclined to say or do something stupid to them if they had been around me.

But, in the spirit of fairness and balance, I think it would be wrong of me not to mention the guy and his kid that were sat next to me in section G3.

We were as distraught as anyone, gave the team our full support without going over the top (yeah, swear words were used!).

His kid was an inspiration! At no point did he stop waving his flag. He never got disheartened. As his Dad said, he would have still been there now if it was possible.

We stayed right to the end and shook hands at the final whistle. I don't know his name and will probably never meet him again but that's what being a member of the Hibs family is all about.

hibee1994
20-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I can totally understand the bad experience that people had with some erseholes around them. As I was there on my own, I would have felt inclined to say or do something stupid to them if they had been around me.

But, in the spirit of fairness and balance, I think it would be wrong of me not to mention the guy and his kid that were sat next to me in section G3.

We were as distraught as anyone, gave the team our full support without going over the top (yeah, swear words were used!).

His kid was an inspiration! At no point did he stop waving his flag. He never got disheartened. As his Dad said, he would have still been there now if it was possible.

We stayed right to the end and shook hands at the final whistle. I don't know his name and will probably never meet him again but that's what being a member of the Hibs family is all about.

:top marksdefo a mentality thats needed

DH1875
20-05-2012, 05:03 PM
The guy in the morphsuit does sound like a bit of an **** but anyone going to the game yesterday, kids or not, shouldn't be surprised that bad language was used at the football.

marinello59
20-05-2012, 05:11 PM
The guy in the morphsuit does sound like a bit of an **** but anyone going to the game yesterday, kids or not, shouldn't be surprised that bad language was used at the football.

Nobody is.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Pleased to say that I heard or saw nothing like what is being reported here. Worst thing was when the guy behind us asked us to sit down because he couldn't see but he was polite. When I realized that my mate and me were the only ones standing in our section, it seemed like a fair request. ;)

davhibby
20-05-2012, 06:38 PM

Made a bad day worse.
Feel sorry for you but that is the first thing that has made me laugh all day:greengrin

Just Alf
20-05-2012, 08:01 PM
You have either missed or ignored my point. You suggested that the OP shouldn't take his daughter if he doesn't want her having to listen to morons. That is a total nonsense. There is a major difference between uttering a few expletives born out of frustration ( which we probably all do) and what this guy was apparently doing. Yes, he could have reported it to a steward but if people want to bring up the subject of what they feel is unacceptable they should able to without the 'man up' replies. Like it or not families go to football together these days, any grown man unable to control himself in that company just shouldn't be there.

:top marks