PDA

View Full Version : Bus No 6!

JennaFletcher
19-05-2012, 09:52 PM
One of the good memories I'll have of today is the laughs had on bus no 6. That retro 1988 ish? School bus was a true fighter even when Hibs weren't! Nice to meet you all, thanks to Mikey and co and the drivers for sorting it all.

SWR1875
19-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Was bus number 6 not the one that broke down? If so I walked most of the way home. Good banter tho! :thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Was bus number 6 not the one that broke down? If so I walked most of the way home. Good banter tho! :thumbsup:

Walked to Newbridge then called the Mrs to pick us up.

SWR1875
19-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Walked to Newbridge then called the Mrs to pick us up.

Sammy, I'm presuming I was with your crowd. I was in McDonald's too.

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Sammy, I'm presuming I was with your crowd. I was in McDonald's too.

Yeah I think so, I was with George's crowd

Mikey
19-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Didn't know one of them had a problem. What happened?

SWR1875
19-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah I think so, I was with George's crowd

Aye I was with my brother n Calum. Interesting way to end a dreadful day!

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Aye I was with my brother n Calum. Interesting way to end a dreadful day!

Next time :agree:never give up :greengrin

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Didn't know one of them had a problem. What happened?

Our World War II demob broke down 4 miles from Newbridge

Even on the way there the bus was so slow going up hill you could have walked passed it.

Pity it made it to the game :agree:

Mikey
19-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Pity it made it to the game :agree:

:greengrin

Lester B
19-05-2012, 10:28 PM
One of the good memories I'll have of today is the laughs had on bus no 6. That retro 1988 ish? School bus was a true fighter even when Hibs weren't! Nice to meet you all, thanks to Mikey and co and the drivers for sorting it all.

Lovely to meet you too Jenna. Sat behind you on the way there. Loved how up you were on the way and giving me a hard time for being pessimistic. Was right though wasn't I?:rolleyes:

Whatever did happen to those people who wandered off across the field when we broke down? Bus made it to the top of Broughton Street where we all got off. After that hope it made the short distance back!

SWR1875
19-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Lovely to meet you too Jenna. Sat behind you on the way there. Loved how up you were on the way and giving me a hard time for being pessimistic. Was right though wasn't I?:rolleyes:

Whatever did happen to those people who wandered off across the field when we broke down? Bus made it to the top of Broughton Street where we all got off. After that hope it made the short distance back!

Walked through the field, onto a farm road and down to McDonald's. Got picked up there. Given we waited ages to leave, coupled with the result, emotion was high and I wasn't hanging around to find out how we would get home.

How long did it take to get the bus running again?

BSEJVT
19-05-2012, 10:35 PM

We rounded off our day with a short walk to McDonalds at Newbridge and were picked up by our dear wives, far from the orc hordes who were no doubt steaming along the M8 revelling in your misfortune:greengrin

Lester B
19-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Walked through the field, onto a farm road and down to McDonald's. Got picked up there. Given we waited ages to leave, coupled with the result, emotion was high and I wasn't hanging around to find out how we would get home.

How long did it take to get the bus running again?

Started again quite quickly after you lot escaped. Must have been the excess weight. :wink:Was still exciting to see if would move again at every set of traffic lights. Highlight of the day in some ways

JennaFletcher
19-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Started again quite quickly after you lot escaped. Must have been the excess weight. :wink:Was still exciting to see if would move again at every set of traffic lights. Highlight of the day in some ways

Don't forget the ones that flew off the bus like a swarm of flies to **** as soon as the other bus with a few empty seats came along... :greengrin

Mikey
19-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Don't forget the ones that flew off the bus like a swarm of flies to **** as soon as the other bus with a few empty seats came along... :greengrin

Buswetters :agree:

JennaFletcher
19-05-2012, 10:47 PM
We rounded off our day with a short walk to McDonalds at Newbridge and were picked up by our dear wives, far from the orc hordes who were no doubt steaming along the M8 revelling in your misfortune:greengrin

We only saw a few Jambo cars, but they only really noticed you randoms walking along the fields with your green and white attire on :wink:

JennaFletcher
19-05-2012, 10:50 PM

I think we lost 5-1 because I forgot the damn CD :stirrer:

It was pretty funny when we thought the bus driver had gone on the other bus and left us :greengrin We would probably still be sitting there now. "We've tried calling the bus company... and are waiting to hear back..." :tee hee:

Lester B
19-05-2012, 10:57 PM
I think we lost 5-1 because I forgot the damn CD :stirrer:

It was pretty funny when we thought the bus driver had gone on the other bus and left us :greengrin We would probably still be sitting there now. "We've tried calling the bus company... and are waiting to hear back..." :tee hee:

Don't mention the CD. Were you still on the bus when we had to shout directions to the driver from the top deck???

BSEJVT
19-05-2012, 11:01 PM
We only saw a few Jambo cars, but they only really noticed you randoms walking along the fields with your green and white attire on :wink:

Lovely afternoon for a bracing walk in the country!

A chance to vent with like minded people over the days debacle

Helped burn off some of the frustration with the result that I had mellowed considerably by the time I reached McDonalds:greengrin

Glad that the bus recovered promptly, I wouldnt have put good money on that prospect at the time we left!

The thought of waiting hours for a replacement which would have needed to horeshoe around Livingston to get there really didnt appeal and the thought of being gawped at by the orc hordes even less so

Lester B
19-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Aside from the keech going on in certain places on this board tonight...... A few thanks are due about bus.

As I said, thanks to Jenna.

Thanks to jc1 and his bottle of 'special water' for keeping us hilariously entertained at PC world whilst we waited for the bus.

Thanks to jc1's mate Evertonian Hibby for being a top bloke. Safe journey home mate and come back soon. Loved the shirt!

Thanks to my mate Kevin for not telling me his .net username ever so found him on Bus 6

And:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth to Mikey for organising the whole thing.

Northern Hibby
19-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Best part of the day was bus No6, at least I have funny story about my cup final day!

Mikey
20-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Bus 7 went along Gorgie Road on the way out which was quite amusing :greengrin

We didn't go back that way :rolleyes:

alnewhaven
20-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Which apparently got lost in Edinburgh and arrived after we did !

patch1875
20-05-2012, 01:37 PM
The bus made it back to Easter road but decided not to go down Albion road I'm sure it will not be back to it depot yet as it was so slow

alnewhaven
20-05-2012, 04:28 PM
The driver of 6 told me he was taking it back to Motherwell. Hope he made it

N.Wales Hibby
20-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Aside from the keech going on in certain places on this board tonight...... A few thanks are due about bus.

Thanks to jc1 and his bottle of 'special water' for keeping us hilariously entertained at PC world whilst we waited for the bus.

Thanks to jc1's mate Evertonian Hibby for being a top bloke. Safe journey home mate and come back soon. Loved the shirt!

Thanks to my mate Kevin for not telling me his .net username ever so found him on Bus 6

And:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth to Mikey for organising the whole thing.

Looks like you had a good day apart from the game. Take care. :aok:

J-C
20-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Nice meeting you all yesterday and my mate Billy from Liverpool had a blast, loved all the Hibs supporters on the day.

Bus was a bit On the Buses like and was a laugh when we changed bus and the driver kept driving and missed the turn off, eejit.:greengrin

evertonianhibee
20-05-2012, 07:10 PM

Had a fantastic time,met some great people and the hibs fans in the staAdium were amazing,the bus problems aadded to the fun:hope to be at easter rd in the new season if jc has the patience to put me up again.ill have to buy him some special water before I ask .great experience

DMR1875
20-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Got off the No6 at Easter Road. A copper had the cheek to ask us if we had a good day!! Good job he had pepper spray and a truncheon or would have scudded him!
Great banter on the bus though. We will all have to do it again next time!!

DMR1875
20-05-2012, 08:20 PM

Hi again,(I was in next seat with the Hibs songs on the phone) You dropped one of your scarfs, i picked it up so will give you it back at start of season. :aok:

JennaFletcher
20-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi again,(I was in next seat with the Hibs songs on the phone) You dropped one of your scarfs, i picked it up so will give you it back at start of season. :aok:

Thanks so much! Problem is when you dress like the Hibs shop you are bound to lose a few things! I lost my Hibs flag too... En route to Hampden... Could my day have got any worse.

I'll message you nearer the season or maybe pre season to collect. Thanks again!

bruno
20-05-2012, 09:55 PM
If this was purple bus that broke down just short of Newbridge I got a text from my brother saying he had broken down.

We were just passing Lvngston so timing was perfect, picked him up on hard shoulder dropped him and his partner in Edinburgh where the went for meal.

I hope he enjoyed it not spoken to him today he was hurting badly last night

One day I hope he and his kids get to experience a Scottish cup win football is important in our lives but not as important as family,and me and son have experienced it twice together and as long as you don't beat Hearts along the way I hope Hibs fans get to enjoy the feeling one day

It means so much more to our fans than it does to the Old Firm who know they will be back in a year or so. I said to my laddie in 2006 to enjoy (he was 7) as he could be a grown man before he experienced it again....if ever... so yesterday wa a bonus

gegs70
20-05-2012, 10:29 PM
A big thakyou to Alasdair bus convener....tough day at hampden then to have to deal with that. Got to say when the bus broke down I have a good chuckle everytime i think of it....well done all in the bus we took it well.

HibeeMG
21-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Bus broke down on the M8? Get over it!

After the AEK game, us Lancashire Hibs guys had our coach breakdown (well, run out of diesel actually!) at the side of the M6 in Cumbria well after midnight! That's a proper breakdown. :greengrin

gegs70
21-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Bus broke down on the M8? Get over it!

After the AEK game, us Lancashire Hibs guys had our coach breakdown (well, run out of diesel actually!) at the side of the M6 in Cumbria well after midnight! That's a proper breakdown. :greengrin

We are over it....it was just a good laugh....you guys nare hardcore breakdown experts!

littleplum
21-05-2012, 09:19 AM

:na na:

ahibby
21-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I was on bus 6 and jumped to the other bus. I was singing a World War two song on the journey back home must have been the bus that made me think of it. Thing is when I saw the bus the first thing that went through my mind was that it was going to make the trip and I was right. I'm sure it was held together with staples and not rivets in places. Enjoyable day apart from the result, despite it breaking down then the other one we got on headed to the Forth Bridge instead of Corstorphine ha ha.

Lester B
21-05-2012, 12:01 PM
:na na:

Watch it or I'll raise the subject of your 'theory' that we were bound to win:rolleyes:

Lester B
21-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Looks like you had a good day apart from the game. Take care. :aok:

Yeah. Thanks. A wise man did tell me not that long ago that it wasn't our year! Could almost hear him on Saturday night saying I did tell you didn't I?