PDA

View Full Version : Bedwetters

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Who is going to mop up all the pi5h from this message board once the bed wetters have finished posting on here tonight?

An utterly crap Hibs team that barely survived relegation completely failed to turn up today. In consequence we made Hearts look good and mounted no serious threat to win the Scottish Cup.

The team we saw today is facing massive and extreme surgery over the summer as the manager moves on from his initial task of avoiding the drop to his next task - building a squad that works. We got to a cup final against our City rivals that we were in no way equipped to compete in. We got beaten and the referee compounded it by throwing them a penalty and a sending off. Boo ******g hoo.

This season's done. Next.

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Great stuff :confused:

matty_f
19-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Who is going to mop up all the pi5h from this message board once the bed wetters have finished posting on here tonight?

An utterly crap Hibs team that barely survived relegation completely failed to turn up today. In consequence we made Hearts look good and mounted no serious threat to win the Scottish Cup.

The team we saw today is facing massive and extreme surgery over the summer as the manager moves on from his initial task of avoiding the drop to his next task - building a squad that works. We got to a cup final against our City rivals that we were in no way equipped to compete in. We got beaten and the referee compounded it by throwing them a penalty and a sending off. Boo ******g hoo.

Excellent post. Delighted this season is done now, it's been utterly pish. Now time for a break and let's hope Fenlon can do something next season.

FitbaFolkKen
19-05-2012, 09:39 PM

We just got demolished in the final...what do you expect to read on here?

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 09:41 PM
The problem wasn't with the players being crap. It was the fact that they didn't even try.

Theres teams in the 3rd division that would have put up more of a fight than we did today.

I can accept that we'll have both good and bad teams throughout our history, but one thing I won't accept is a bunch of freeloaders that simply don't try.

Hiber-nation

I've had far too much to drink but I just do not know what you are getting at.

The_Todd
Yes there's probably an overreation on here, but let's go easy on those partaking please. Today was everyone's worst case scenario and Hearts made it look easy. The last thing we need right now is us getting torn into each other.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 09:42 PM
We just got demolished in the final...what do you expect to read on here?

A lot less of the drama queen stuff.

Hiber-nation
19-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Excellent post. Delighted this season is done now, it's been utterly pish. Now time for a break and let's hope Fenlon can do something next season.

Matty are you being sarcastic? I ain't got a scooby what the OP is on about. Maybe time for bed....

SRHibs
19-05-2012, 09:44 PM

We just lost 5-1 to our fiercest rivals in our BIGGEST EVER GAME! Are you surprised that there's a ****load of 'bed-wetting' on here? Jesus, I'm all for clamping down on negativity, but to have a go at people who are upset about this result is absolutely absurd.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Yes there's probably an overreation on here, but let's go easy on those partaking please. Today was everyone's worst case scenario and Hearts made it look easy. The last thing we need right now is us getting torn into each other.

I don't think you can over react in this situation.

I imagine things will get even worse over the next few days when the reality of it really starts to sink in.

FitbaFolkKen
19-05-2012, 09:45 PM

Folk are hurting :confused:

madabouthibs
19-05-2012, 09:46 PM
To be honest, Hearts have also been pish this season. our fans won the prematch battle, but Hearts are better than us, fact. The league doesn't lie. Onwards and upwards, I just hope Paddy gets the backing he needs and deserves. GGTTH

The_Todd

If you can shrug off today like water off a ducks back then you sir are a better man than I.

One Day Soon
Matty are you being sarcastic? I ain't got a scooby what the OP is on about. Maybe time for bed....

The OP is saying that today was bad, compounded by very dubious referreing, but that it isn't the end of the world. Some posters however seem to want to turn it into the end of days...

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 09:48 PM
The OP is saying that today was bad, compounded by very dubious referreing, but that it isn't the end of the world. Some posters however seem to want to turn it into the end of days...

You are the OP. :confused:

SRHibs
19-05-2012, 09:50 PM

Aye, it's nothing to get worked up about right enough. What were you expecting to read on here tonight? Reason is on the sidelines at the moment, and for good reason too. Anyway, we are ****ing garbage, and that's the worst result in our 137 years as a football club. That's not being dramatic; that's the truth.

SRHibs
You are the OP. :confused:

My thoughts exactly, lol. Confusing.

FitbaFolkKen

Maybe it's still a bit raw having only happened a few hours ago, I've got all summer to worry about next season.

In a footballing context what happened today is pretty close to the end of days!

Hiber-nation

All I have read on here for weeks on end is how we just cannot lose this final, man up, death to all bedwetters and all that stuff. It ended up being an utter embarrassment.

Would we have lost 5-1 to Motherwell or Dundee Utd or St Johnstone today? Nope. I'm confused but I'm away tae ma bed.

The Sea-gull
19-05-2012, 09:52 PM
bed wetting drama queens? Club is a real state on the park - again. Lost the biggest derby game of all time. Not beat them in 3 years. That is 11 games. Woeful overall record in the fixture. But if we dont talk about it then maybe nobody will notice. Heaven forbid fans of other clubs or even worse hearts fans coming on here and realising we are bothered by all this.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 09:55 PM
If you can shrug off today like water off a ducks back then you sir are a better man than I.

I can. Any realistic appraisal of this season, our squad and the mammoth task facing Fenlon would lead to the entirely unsurprising conclusion that we would lose the final. Not showing up for games is one of the core problems Fenlon will need to address as he rebuilds the squad.

Today was made worse for us by the referee who threw them a penalty and a sending off. Put that on top of the number of passengers we were carrying and you get to 5-1 easy.

To look at it another way, the opportunities for improvement are huge given how inadequate we currently are in almost every department. Just getting one or two things right would make a massive difference on the park.

As to the Yams, I really couldn't give a **** what they say or think about anything including today. They are just, well, Yams. All this pi5h about being 'owned' by them and the 'biggest derby ever' is in my view the bedwetting that we can do without. There will be four more derbies along shortly when next season starts.

SRHibs
19-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I can. Any realistic appraisal of this season, our squad and the mammoth task facing Fenlon would lead to the entirely unsurprising conclusion that we would lose the final. Not showing up for games is one of the core problems Fenlon will need to address as he rebuilds the squad.

Today was made worse for us by the referee who threw them a penalty and a sending off. Put that on top of the number of passengers we were carrying and you get to 5-1 easy.

To look at it another way, the opportunities for improvement are huge given how inadequate we currently are in almost every department. Just getting one or two things right would make a massive difference on the park.

As to the Yams, I really couldn't give a **** what they say or think about anything including today. They are just, well, Yams. All this pi5h about being 'owned' by them and the 'biggest derby ever' is in my view the bedwetting that we can do without. There will be four more derbies along shortly when next season starts.

Aye, just you keep telling yourself that.

Davy Mac
19-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Obviously you're like me then - used to Hibs being pish in out lifetime.

Och aye another good old fashioned rodgering from Robbo, Colqhoun, Foster, De Vries and now Skacel, well done for being able to accept all that has gone before us.

End of days, I tell you what fella, I've had to pick up my 3 boys tonight like no ***xxxx other, it's alright boys keep your chins ups we'll be back etc etc etc etc

If Hibs had the spirit of how my 3 young laddies who play every weekend for their respective amateur teams then we wouldnae be far away - this Hibs team , the worst ever and to be honest it's no about money, it's about attitude and by christ do we have a rotten core in our club.

I wouldnae give a second look in the street to any of these Hibs players right now, it's no bedwetting it's being realistic and at our age they can GTF as soon as possible.

Next.

FitbaFolkKen
19-05-2012, 09:58 PM

The thing I love about football is the emotion attached to it, clearly this isn't what you care about. Realism doesn't come into play when you get nailed 5-1 by them in my opinion.

Gatecrasher
19-05-2012, 09:59 PM
the only bed wetters today were our so called football players

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 10:00 PM

These 4 derbies don't mean nothing compared to today.

Even if by some miracle we hammer Hearts in all 4 derbies, it still wont change the fact that they won THIS game. And they'll never let us forget it.

ChooseLife
All this pi5h about being 'owned' by them and the 'biggest derby ever' is in my view the bedwetting that we can do without. There will be four more derbies along shortly when next season starts.

Are you kidding? it was quite clearly the biggest match between hibs and hearts there has ever been, and they did own us, they ****ing pumped us.

Hiber-nation

Nope nope nope. It was an utter disgrace.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 10:01 PM

Och aye another good old fashioned rodgering from Robbo, Colqhoun, Foster, De Vries and now Skacel, well done for being able to accept all that has gone before us.

End of days, I tell you what fella, I've had to pick up my 3 boys tonight like no ***xxxx other, it's alright boys keep your chins ups we'll be back etc etc etc etc

If Hibs had the spirit of how my 3 young laddies who play every weekend for their respective amateur teams then we wouldnae be far away - this Hibs team , the worst ever and to be honest it's no about money, it's about attitude and by christ do we have a rotten core in our club.

I wouldnae give a second look in the street to any of these Hibs players right now, it's no bedwetting it's being realistic and at our age they can GTF as soon as possible.

Next.

:top marks

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Aye, it's nothing to get worked up about right enough. What were you expecting to read on here tonight? Reason is on the sidelines at the moment, and for good reason too. Anyway, we are ****ing garbage, and that's the worst result in our 137 years as a football club. That's not being dramatic; that's the truth.

I disagree. Losing to Dundee United the last time we were relegated was a far worse result for us just for a start. I suppose if you want to define your view of being a Hibee primarily in terms of our relationship to Hearts then you arrive at your position. I don't though. For me today's result would have been no worse and no better had we lost in exactly the same way to Arbroath or Aberdeen.

It's about us. It's not about them.

19-05-2012, 10:06 PM
The reaction on here is exactly what i would expect from a group of passionate fans who have once again been let down by the team and not only beaten but totally humiliated by our biggest, most hated rivals in a scottish cup final. What do you expect people to be like? "aww doesn't matter". Well the truth is that it DOES matter and everybody is more than entitled to feel angry and upset IMO. I'm not one of those fans who enjoys sitting writing negative posts every week but I think today it is very difficult to feel anything postive.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Aye, just you keep telling yourself that.

I don't need to matey, its what I feel.

I'm_cabbaged
19-05-2012, 10:07 PM

Mentality like this is why we're losers. Defeat in the Scottish cup final against those *******s is acceptable? Give me a ****ing break.

RickyS
19-05-2012, 10:08 PM

Next.

been the same with my 2 lads, been crying for hours. this hurts like no derby before it hurts cos it mattered more than the others. and to have some ****ing twat telling me i'm over-reacting is ridiculous. I fancy he would be getting his baws in a bag if he had spoken up at the game at us bed-wetters. clown

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:11 PM

Next.

Don't really disagree with much of this - especially the rotten core. Just can't abide the viewpoint expressed by some that suggests we are 'owned' by Hearts - its cobblers.

And by the way Hibs haven't been pish in our lifetime and you wouldn't dare say so to Sauzee or Stanton. Pish for quite a lot of it yes.

hibs4life
19-05-2012, 10:12 PM

What a silly post.
You infer it doesn't matter, when it obviously does. Sure, next season things will change but it doesn't stop today being a sore yin and worthy of comment and criticism. Or bedwetting as you would have it....

Bobby's Cinema
19-05-2012, 10:14 PM
There are no bedwetters amongst the Hibernian support tonight. That's an absolute FACT. Nothing is an over reaction to what they've given us today

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:15 PM
been the same with my 2 lads, been crying for hours. this hurts like no derby before it hurts cos it mattered more than the others. and to have some ****ing twat telling me i'm over-reacting is ridiculous. I fancy he would be getting his baws in a bag if he had spoken up at the game at us bed-wetters. clown

Read what i'm actually saying before you post bollox. On the other hand if you feel 'owned' by Hearts now then crack on...

The Green Goblin
19-05-2012, 10:16 PM
ODS, maybe you are experiencing the "denial" stage of grief?! It does matter, clearly. Very harsh to accuse people who are still hurting about how bad today was as "bedwetters".

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Don't really disagree with much of this - especially the rotten core. Just can't abide the viewpoint expressed by some that suggests we are 'owned' by Hearts - its cobblers.

And by the way Hibs haven't been pish in our lifetime and you wouldn't dare say so to Sauzee or Stanton. Pish for quite a lot of it yes.

Hearts do own us. Stats are painful to look at, but they don't lie.

Hearts always get the better of us when it matters most.

Not because their players have more skill, speed or technique, but because they quite simply want it more than our players ever seem to do.

It's embarrassing, theres no getting away from it.

ehf
19-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Bang on mate. In the circumstances, only losing 5-1 was a moral victory for us. I for one am celebrating!

Hiber-nation
19-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Not because their players have more skill, speed or technique, but because they quite simply want it more than our players ever seem to do.

They do, plus they have more will to win.

RickyS
19-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Read what i'm actually saying before you post bollox. On the other hand if you feel 'owned' by Hearts now then crack on...

am i a bed wetter yes/no? just so i ken before i head through to my kip

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:19 PM
What a silly post.
You infer it doesn't matter, when it obviously does. Sure, next season things will change but it doesn't stop today being a sore yin and worthy of comment and criticism. Or bedwetting as you would have it....

I'm not 'inferring' anything. I'm saying it was very, very bad day.

However those who have been posting how we are now 'owned' by Hearts will have our maroon neighbours creaming themselves with pleasure.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2012, 10:20 PM
We've just been hammered in the biggest match in the club's history for over a century and it's also the biggest football match that most of us will ever attend in our lifetime.

What did you expect to read on here tonight!?

If I could have dreamt up the worst possible scenario for today, it still wouldn't have been as bad as what actually happened at Hampden this afternoon.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 10:20 PM
They do, plus they have more will to win.

I really don't think their players are that much better.

They just always seem to have a desire to win derbies more than we do. Beating us is their top priority and it should be ours too. But for whatever reason, it never is.

We treat the derby like its just another game, which is so wrong.

19-05-2012, 10:21 PM

:agree:

No fight or desire! By looking at us you would have thought it was just some pre-season warm up match, not the biggest game in our history:brickwall

The attitude and mentality is seriously worrying in derbies. We just do not turn up and hearts just look like they have much more hunger and desire to win!

Hiber-nation
19-05-2012, 10:22 PM

However those who have been posting how we are now 'owned' by Hearts will have our maroon neighbours creaming themselves with pleasure.

Ach so what? All this bedwetting and manning up and owning stuff is really getting on ma thruppennies. They humped us. Again. It should not be happening.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 10:22 PM

They'll be creaming themselves in pleasure for a very very very long time anyway, so you're best just getting used to it.

Lester B
19-05-2012, 10:23 PM

I do not believe some of the reactions to this post including macho BS against the OP. ODS is bang on. Man up, take today on the chin and move on. Nothing left to see here.

Hibrandenburg
19-05-2012, 10:24 PM
the only bed wetters today were our so called football players

Not exactly true. Between the 1st goal and ours was nearly complete silence. After their 3rd went in there was a lot of empty seats. But who can blame them. Hearts proved today that they are the big team. We now need to shut the **** up until we can prove it different.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:25 PM
am i a bed wetter yes/no? just so i ken before i head through to my kip

Get your kip, things are always a bit better in the morning. I think anger and frustration is one thing, but the luxuriating in how much better Hearts are than us is just excessive.

This isn't about them, its about us. About how weak we are physically and mentally and how fundamentaly we need to change. But 'owned' by Hearts? Spare me

Hiber-nation
19-05-2012, 10:26 PM
I do not believe some of the reactions to this post including macho BS against the OP. ODS is bang on. Man up, take today on the chin and move on. Nothing left to see here.

Please, no more of this stuff. The only consolation is that it cannot get any worse....

BSEJVT
19-05-2012, 10:27 PM

Utter pap

You are broadly the same age as me, if we wait another 11 years to get to our next final I will be 61

I wont have many other chances to watch hibs win the Scottish Cup Final

This game was there for the winning, they were quiet as **** and ****ting themselves when we got back to 2-1.

I wouldnt have minded if we had given it a right go and lost, instead we dont compete, we hand them the goals.

This lot of players are ****, but what ****s me off is we dont compete, if they outdo us skillwise with their bigger budget fair enough, but the first thing you do is you man up and fight them all over the park, make it difficult for them, keep in the game and bite and scratch to hold onto something.

When was the last time we did that against them, we just roll over and have our bellies tickled and hey presto the fans who are getting totally fed up with it are bedwetters.

Were not, were just ****ed off, if you can switch off after a defeat like that just as easy as you say then you are imo exactly part of the problem.

You accept we got pumped by a better team, thats the problem with the players they have been accepting that for years and guys like you give them a free pass to perpetrate that.

Today was totally unacceptable on any level, if you are outdone skillwise you try like a bear, give nothing, put your foot in, harry chase, look the **** in the eye and say **** you, over my dead body.

It worked for Chelsea against Barca and Bayern, but if it were up to you and the pish police we would be hung for heresay for suggesting we do that.

Still never mind, hard luck boys, play up the Corinthians.

This club from top to bottom needs to grow a set and start competing, it is not the taking part that counts its the ****in winning!

GGTTH

Davy Mac
19-05-2012, 10:28 PM

Stanton I'll give you as you are 4 years older than me :greengrin and you probably saw more of him than I did.

Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu, Zitelli etc fair doos but in reality we have been picking up scraps during our lifetime, but mostly sad times - the 79 Cup Final's, Eric Black's double in the first 10 mins in 85 (i think), Ally McCoist's over head kick at darkheid, DUTD & Ayr semis, Livi Cup Final, 0-4 etc

But it's been awful, we still are 2nd to every ball and shxte at tackling, why is this ? why are we so bad at not being hungry for the ball? why do we let our fans down on virtually every major occasion?

What has been the major consistent over the last 30 years?

What did I read in the Sun that was left lying about at Starbucks on Cup Final morning? Pat Fenlon quote/unquote - Win today and you'll get a win away to the big time - says it all really.

Fergus52
19-05-2012, 10:28 PM
I disagree. Losing to Dundee United the last time we were relegated was a far worse result for us just for a start. I suppose if you want to define your view of being a Hibee primarily in terms of our relationship to Hearts then you arrive at your position. I don't though. For me today's result would have been no worse and no better had we lost in exactly the same way to Arbroath or Aberdeen.

agree completely :agree:

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:30 PM
They'll be creaming themselves in pleasure for a very very very long time anyway, so you're best just getting used to it.

I'm not getting used to anything because I don't give a **** what the Yams say, think or do. I would prefer however if our energy was focussed on us rather than us defined by reference to them.

After all we have failed to win the Scottish Cup in something like 14 finals since we last won it. And only one of those finals was against Hearts, so this is a Hibs issue, not a Hearts issue.

Lester B
19-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Please, no more of this stuff. The only consolation is that it cannot get any worse....

Stuff?

ehf
19-05-2012, 10:34 PM

Spot on, pal. Not as if getting humped by Hearts in the biggest derby ever really matters.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm not getting used to anything because I don't give a **** what the Yams say, think or do. I would prefer however if our energy was focussed on us rather than us defined by reference to them.

After all we have failed to win the Scottish Cup in something like 14 finals since we last won it. And only one of those finals was against Hearts, so this is a Hibs issue, not a Hearts issue.

Well if you don't care about what they think, then why are you getting your knickers in a twist about what they may read on here?

Turn a blind eye to it if you want, but Hearts owned us today well and truly. The derby stats will also clearly show you that they own us.

Of course its a Hibs issue, why on earth would it be considered a Hearts issue? They won, because we let them win.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Utter pap

You are broadly the same age as me, if we wait another 11 years to get to our next final I will be 61

This game was there for the winning, they were quiet as **** and ****ting themselves when we got back to 2-1.

I wouldnt have minded if we had given it a right go and lost, instead we dont compete, we hand them the goals.

This lot of players are ****, but what ****s me off is we dont compete, if they outdo us skillwise with their bigger budget fair enough, but the first thing you do is you man up and fight them all over the park, make it difficult for them, keep in the game and bite and scratch to hold onto something.

When was the last time we did that against them, we just roll over and have our bellies tickled and hey presto the fans who are getting totally fed up with it are bedwetters.

Were not, were just ****ed off, if you can switch off after a defeat like that just as easy as you say then you are imo exactly part of the problem.

You accept we got pumped by a better team, thats the problem with the players they have been accepting that for years and guys like you give them a free pass to perpetrate that.

Today was totally unacceptable on any level, if you are outdone skillwise you try like a bear, give nothing, put your foot in, harry chase, look the **** in the eye and say **** you, over my dead body.

It worked for Chelsea against Barca and Bayern, but if it were up to you and the pish police we would be hung for heresay for suggesting we do that.

This club from top to bottom needs to grow a set and start competing, it is not the taking part that counts its the ****in winning!

GGTTH

That's right, its all my fault. Did you bother to read through the thread?

Fergus52
19-05-2012, 10:37 PM

exactly!

BSEJVT
19-05-2012, 10:41 PM

No its not your fault at least not all your fault:greengrin

My apologies if I have misinterpreted your OP which may have just been trawling? but I was so incensed by it and the inference that this is our station in life that I didnt read the entire thread and having got all that off my chest am now going to bed.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Well if you don't care about what they think, then why are you getting your knickers in a twist about what they may read on here?

Turn a blind eye to it if you want, but Hearts owned us today well and truly. The derby stats will also clearly show you that they own us.

Of course its a Hibs issue, why on earth would it be considered a Hearts issue? They won, because we let them win.

I don't care what they think. You are the one who keeps posting about feeling owned by them. Get a room.

I say its a Hibs issue because it wasn't Hearts who nearly got us relegated this year, it was almost all of the teams in the league. Do they all 'own' us as well? We are pi5h because of ourselves and singling out our record with Hearts is a distraction from the real issue which is about the mental weakness in the club and the weakness of our squad - regardless of the competition we are playing in and regardless of who we are playing against.

Steve20
19-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Now time for a break and let's hope Fenlon can do something next season.

Yeah, lets hope he ***** off back to where he came from. He is useless. And he can take the entire team with him too. Disgusting excuses for a manager and footballers.

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Heres this bedwetters opinion.

This was the biggest derby match that has ever been played between Hibs and Heart of Midlothian football club.

The supporters of this great football club turned up and were a bloody credit to it. In return what we got was a total capitulation from the players we had hoped would 'for once' turn up in a derby match.

If that was seriously the best they could come up with in the Scottish cup final against our biggest rivals then they should be ashamed to call themselves professional football players.

I would be more than happy if not one of those players ever pulled on a Hibs shirt again, not just because of their woefull 'effort' today, but just because I dont think I could bear to look at any one of them playing for Hibs again.

There cant be an overreaction to this result ...... If anybody who calls themselves a Hibby can sit back and take a philosophical detached view of what happened today, then the question has to be asked ...... Just what sort of disaster would have to befall Hibs in order for a gut reaction to take place.

No ...... what happened today was a footballing disaster .... and the Yams will NEVER let us forget it.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=BSEJVT;3235450]No its not your fault at least not all your fault:greengrin

My apologies if I have misinterpreted your OP which may have just been trawling? but I was so incensed by it and the inference that this is our station in life that I didnt read the entire thread and having got all that off my chest am now going to bed.[/QU

Wow, you REALLY misunderstood me then. Or I expressed it very badly. Definitely not our station in life. Exactly the opposite. For me the first stop has to be that no ****er comes to Easter Road and leaves with points.

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Are people honestly not seeing where we are an embarrassment to society. We have lost 5-1 to those Hertz ****ers. Jezzo some folk just don't see it.

FitbaFolkKen
19-05-2012, 10:48 PM

The concept of rivalry lost here?

Lester B
19-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Spot on, pal. Not as if getting humped by Hearts in the biggest derby ever really matters.

Yes it matters but what can we do about it now. We can pick ourselves up again. We have to. Everyone is hurting tonight after that debacle. The problem is that too many people on here tonight just over-emoting rather than thinking. If we are going to come back from this then alternating between anger and whinging isn't the answer; it's the problem.

Today's game mattered to me for reasons even more important than it being the biggest derby ever. Let the Jambos crow. We will be back.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Are people honestly not seeing where we are an embarrassment to society. We have lost 5-1 to those Hertz ****ers. Jezzo some folk just don't see it.

And that signals bed for me too. An embarrassment to society? Don't even know where to begin with that.

BSEJVT
19-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Have read thread and am a bit confused!

Is your point that we shouldnt get too focussed on Hearts?

I'm not

We are awful and the points I make are as valid against Dunfermline as they are against Celtic.

We must stop rationalising days and seasons like this regardless of they are against, they should cut us to our very soul and we should let everyone connected to the club see and know that.

Maybe they will then stop meekly accepting what they consider to be their fate and show some fight, steel, will to win, call it whatever you want.

FitbaFolkKen
19-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Utter pap

GGTTH

:top marks

BSEJVT
19-05-2012, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=BSEJVT;3235450]No its not your fault at least not all your fault:greengrin

My apologies if I have misinterpreted your OP which may have just been trawling? but I was so incensed by it and the inference that this is our station in life that I didnt read the entire thread and having got all that off my chest am now going to bed.[/QU

Wow, you REALLY misunderstood me then. Or I expressed it very badly. Definitely not our station in life. Exactly the opposite. For me the first stop has to be that no ****er comes to Easter Road and leaves with points.

I did really misunderstand you!

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-05-2012, 10:54 PM
And that signals bed for me too. An embarrassment to society? Don't even know where to begin with that.

Hibs were pish. We were an embarrassment today, how anybody can say any different amazes me.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:55 PM

This was the biggest derby match that has ever been played between Hibs and Heart of Midlothian football club.

The supporters of this great football club turned up and were a bloody credit to it. In return what we got was a total capitulation from the players we had hoped would 'for once' turn up in a derby match.

If that was seriously the best they could come up with in the Scottish cup final against our biggest rivals then they should be ashamed to call themselves professional football players.

I would be more than happy if not one of those players ever pulled on a Hibs shirt again, not just because of their woefull 'effort' today, but just because I dont think I could bear to look at any one of them playing for Hibs again.

There cant be an overreaction to this result ...... If anybody who calls themselves a Hibby can sit back and take a philosophical detached view of what happened today, then the question has to be asked ...... Just what sort of disaster would have to befall Hibs in order for a gut reaction to take place.

No ...... what happened today was a footballing disaster .... and the Yams will NEVER let us forget it.

Well for me Bovril the disaster and gut reaction began last season and continued into this one. Today's game - no matter how painful - is just part of a much, much broader picture of failure.

And once more for the record I could not give a **** what any Yam thinks or wants to say. What we feel about our club matters, what they make their mouths go about is irrelevant to me.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Have read thread and am a bit confused!

Is your point that we shouldnt get too focussed on Hearts?

I'm not

We are awful and the points I make are as valid against Dunfermline as they are against Celtic.

We must stop rationalising days and seasons like this regardless of they are against, they should cut us to our very soul and we should let everyone connected to the club see and know that.

Maybe they will then stop meekly accepting what they consider to be their fate and show some fight, steel, will to win, call it whatever you want.

Now we're on the same page.

SRHibs
19-05-2012, 10:58 PM
ODS, if it's all about Hibs, can I ask you a question? What game whets your appetite more, and would you take most pleasure in winning: Hibs v ICT/St Johnstone/Dunfermline or Hibs v Hearts? Yes, the latter for sure. Now, it's relatively simple to see why the same applies in regards to the opposite emotion, no?

snooky
19-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Given the standard of our play this season (and the past few seasons) our 'cup final' was the recent Dunfy game. That's our level just now.

In a strange way, I feel it would have been an insult to the FF, the Tornados, et al had this motley crew won today and achieved legendhood.

FitbaFolkKen
19-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Now we're on the same page.

Thats the opposite of what you said, you rationalised why we lost and said we shouldn't get upset about it.

Then quote a post saying we must stop rationalising results and show everyone how much results cut us to our soul and we should let everyone connected with the club see that.

So are you telling us to wet the bed now?:confused:

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 11:08 PM
ODS, if it's all about Hibs, can I ask you a question? What game whets your appetite more, and would you take most pleasure in winning: Hibs v ICT/St Johnstone/Dunfermline or Hibs v Hearts? Yes, the latter for sure. Now, it's relatively simple to see why the same applies in regards to the opposite emotion, no?

You're mixing up two things here ( as well as tempting me to stay up rather than go to bed).

In the context of today's game - the Scottish Cup Final - I genuinely don't care who we beat in the final to win it. I just desperately, desperately want us to win it. We can only beat (or not) the team that is put in front of us .

More broadly, the game that whets my appetitite is not the starting point for how we improve. Of course I want us to beat Hearts better and more often but the way we do that is by getting better against everyone. Developing a tough mentality that hates defeat against anyone.

We can't just get good at winning against Hearts without getting good at winning against everyone else too. Which is why I hate when people focus on them alone - it IS all about Hibs.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Thats the opposite of what you said, you rationalised why we lost and said we shouldn't get upset about it.

Then quote a post saying we must stop rationalising results and show everyone how much results cut us to our soul and we should let everyone connected with the club see that.

So are you telling us to wet the bed now?:confused:

It isn't.

I'm against losing. I'm against losing to anyone - not just and not especially to Hearts. This isn't the end of days - it's just another in a series of very 5hit days (though I know it doesn't feel like that)

You must decide on the incontinence issue for yourself.

ehf
19-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Yes it matters but what can we do about it now. We can pick ourselves up again. We have to. Everyone is hurting tonight after that debacle. The problem is that too many people on here tonight just over-emoting rather than thinking. If we are going to come back from this then alternating between anger and whinging isn't the answer; it's the problem.

Today's game mattered to me for reasons even more important than it being the biggest derby ever. Let the Jambos crow. We will be back.

Well I can only guess at what those reasons might be but I accept they must be profound. And I genuinely salute your stoicism. I am old enough to have had the misfortune of being at the Cup Final in 1972, and we did bounce back from that, beating Celtic in the League Cup Final 7 months later. So perhaps you are right, we may bounce back.

FitbaFolkKen
19-05-2012, 11:21 PM
It isn't.

I'm against losing. I'm against losing to anyone - not just and not especially to Hearts. This isn't the end of days - it's just another in a series of very 5hit days (though I know it doesn't feel like that)

You must decide on the incontinence issue for yourself.

It feels like the pinnacle of bad days on that I agree

Lester B
19-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Well I can only guess at what those reasons might be but I accept they must be profound. And I genuinely salute your stoicism. I am old enough to have had the misfortune of being at the Cup Final in 1972, and we did bounce back from that, beating Celtic in the League Cup Final 7 months later. So perhaps you are right, we may bounce back.

I appreciate that, thank you. Don't need to go into the reasons again, have mentioned them before on here. But I will say that the 1972 Final is a great analogy, hadn't occurred to me and I like it. And there's no 'may' bounce back. As long as the people on here and in the real world out there care about Hibs we will.

Liberal Hibby
19-05-2012, 11:36 PM

I agree with all of this - but it still doesn't mean that Hearts 'own' us or we are the 'wee' team. these are phrases used by arrogant Yams and any Hibby should be ashamed of using them. We're not very good - but we're not (and never will be) 'owned' by Hearts.

ehf
19-05-2012, 11:42 PM
I appreciate that, thank you. Don't need to go into the reasons again, have mentioned them before on here. But I will say that the 1972 Final is a great analogy, hadn't occurred to me and I like it. And there's no 'may' bounce back. As long as the people on here and in the real world out there care about Hibs we will.

And, of course, beating Hearts 7-0 three weeks later!

You are right: it's just that I had dared to allow myself a vision of how this day might have panned out. I was prepared for Hearts to be lucky as usual, for Thomsom to give them everything, but still thought we would do it. Ironically, I had a dream that Kujabi would be our here...but if we get Danny Lennon in and give him a decent budget, I am optimistic

IFONLY
20-05-2012, 12:00 AM

I dont think even you believe what you are saying. You dont care what that lot say, well there are thousands of us that do,as for the next four derbies next season I think we all know that it will just be a chance for them to extend their winning run against us.Lets face it they are streets ahead of us no matter who they have in their team. By the way what is your opinion of a big derby?

monktonharp
20-05-2012, 12:29 AM
just in, fae the pub, granted. but I need to say my part, or opinion. It is very very painfull stuff, and half the team never turned up yesterday! the first goal was a comedy of errors, the second was a good goal by Skacel, but it may have taken a wee deflection? our captain got us back into the game(almost) and shut the jambos up for a few mins. our right back was just never at the races either. I then went for a fag/toilet break only to find on my return that they barstewards had been awarded a penalty and we had lost a man. I could hardly beleive it, but given our luck against that lot over what now seems an eternity, well I could write a book about how many times we seem to crap oursels, and at the same time they get all the breaks. I am not trying to give a very poor team any credits atall but , was it a penalty? did the man deserve to walk? and if it had went in our favour ie:we got a peno, their ch walked, would it not have been an entirely different game? that did not happen, cos we never ever get a break like that against them. should Black have been at least booked in 10 mins with his challenge on Griffiths? he could have walked imho. was there quite a few decisions that went in favour of them, when it looked obvious that they should have been in our favour.? add to that, my original worry about the game was our total lack of skill, savvy, and endeavor from the midfield, which gave a blank cheque to our opponints which they duly accepted. not one of our midfield deserve to put the jersey on again imho. the most important game ever, and we've ended up the laughing stock, with an accumulation of seriously bad refereeing decisions and an abismal lack of guts, to combat that and a half decent side fae gorgie

helpfulsoul
20-05-2012, 01:09 AM
as fans its easy to be downbeat, yes you were pish but this guy fenlon will improve you so much that as a neutral(gers fan) youwill be back in a final shortly and will end your hoodoo soon, so chins up good times around the corner

19AYR10
20-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Poor show by Hibs.

Disappointed at how bad they were.

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Poor show by Hibs.

Disappointed at how bad they were.

You don't say.

cad
20-05-2012, 05:54 AM
I really don't think their players are that much better.

They just always seem to have a desire to win derbies more than we do. Beating us is their top priority and it should be ours too. But for whatever reason, it never is.

We treat the derby like its just another game, which is so wrong.

The score would suggest otherwise , not the greatest Hearts team in the world but far to good for us in so many departments,IMHO they could have taken us to oblivion and back yesterday they could have scored plenty more ,add to that the way we set up handed it to them .

If you look at the kick off in the second half 3 Hibs players on one side balls kicked we are for a looking for a cross-field ball to put pressure on them get a thrown in then take it from there
The cross-field ball is a shocker then isolates 3 Hibs players which in turn leaves huge gaps in midfield they stretch Hibs wide they then give the ball to the waiter who miraculously dances round 3 players on the touchline gets behind our midget who then pulls him back gets sent off and the no penalty was awarded 1min 23 secs boom dreams up in the air self inflicted ***** .

Better players etc no trying to have a pop mate but thats nonsense ,not just on today's performance which Hibs players would get pass marks McPake scored a goal saved us with many clearances ,yet gave Rudi space to turn a bus at the second goal ,but hes still miles ahead of anything we have at Hibs ,a gritty, I do give a **** professional footballer .

Hibs stay in the SPL Felon's done his job ,the final was a bonus IMO our league performances would suggest that , the draw Hibs got in the cup couldnt have been easier it would have been hard not to get to the final , the Aberdeen game going our way for once .

Come the summer clear out Pats going to wield the axe how many would you keep forget Mc Pake I would be astonished if signed for Hibs hes better than us ,sad but true , Hanlon and Griffiths maybe ,Lewis earned a new contract ,Doyle will be good , Pat supposedly wants Gary O for another season
I wouldn't keep him but thats Pats choice , then who else , I dont want our entire midfield , Doherty ,Francomb ,Sproule , , Kujabi nope so theres 7 /8
Nids maybe going to retire so it could be 8/9 players ,I just hope that playing within our means doesn't see another batch of **** ups coming through the doors .

Hiber-nation
20-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Given the standard of our play this season (and the past few seasons) our 'cup final' was the recent Dunfy game. That's our level just now.

In a strange way, I feel it would have been an insult to the FF, the Tornados, et al had this motley crew won today and achieved legendhood.

:agree:

Nothing strange about it, that's the way I've felt since we beat that pitiful Aberdeen team.

Since90+2
20-05-2012, 06:42 AM

You got enough attention your cleary craving with a post like that? 4 pages so im guessing yer happy.

Me? I'll stick to being ****ing pissed off with getting beat off Hearts in a Scottish Cup final.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 06:58 AM
It's easy to sit back and say we shouldn't be 'bedwetters' or 'drama queens' but people are hurting big time and we all show it in different ways.

For me the defeat isn't the worst thing, all things considered Hearts were favourites for a reason. The complete lack of performance is an issue though. Hopefully today puts the argument that fans not backing the team has played a part in some of our performances this season, yesterday we were far louder than them, we were well up for it. Even when it went to 1-0 we kept on backing them, when we pulled it back to 2-1 we kept on backing them yet we got absolutely zero in return. A Scottish Cup final and our players looked a cross between scared and disinterested.

Maybe we should just take it on the chin but we're all going to take a slagging about this one at work, in the pub etc etc for weeks about this. The right thing to do is ignore it but that easier said than done.

People can say what they want but that yesterday hurts more than every Derby loss that's gone before combined, not just the result but the total lack of any kind of performance. Also seems to me that accross this board those who 2 days ago shot down.anyone who expressed doubt about our ability to win the game are now the ones telling folk to man up now we have.

Thank **** this seasons over is all I can say, here's hoping for improvement next year. Although I've been saying that for so long now I'm not holding my breath.

hibbymac
20-05-2012, 07:43 AM
:ostrich: ....... really should have one of these in green and white.

Ray_
20-05-2012, 07:57 AM

I bet most hearts and hibs fans don't remember who were the teams that put hearts down twice in the seventies, everybody remembers who beat them 7-0 in a LEAGUE match at the start of 73. If you want to behave as though you have your head firmly up your backside, go ahead, but why do so in such a dramatic attention seeking fashion?

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I bet most hearts and hibs fans don't remember who were the teams that put hearts down twice in the seventies, everybody remembers who beat them 7-0 in a LEAGUE match at the start of 73. If you want to behave as though you have your head firmly up your backside, go ahead, but why do so in such a dramatic attention seeking fashion?

The only people with their heads up their jacksies are people like you who somehow believe that our problem is unique to Hearts. It is much, much more profound than that.

We can have a debate about how its the end of the world that Hearts beat us 5-1 yesterday or we can have a debate about what has brought us to this pass over the last three years in particular. If you don't like my opinion then challenge it, otherwise you can ram it.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 09:17 AM
The score would suggest otherwise , not the greatest Hearts team in the world but far to good for us in so many departments,IMHO they could have taken us to oblivion and back yesterday they could have scored plenty more ,add to that the way we set up handed it to them .

If you look at the kick off in the second half 3 Hibs players on one side balls kicked we are for a looking for a cross-field ball to put pressure on them get a thrown in then take it from there
The cross-field ball is a shocker then isolates 3 Hibs players which in turn leaves huge gaps in midfield they stretch Hibs wide they then give the ball to the waiter who miraculously dances round 3 players on the touchline gets behind our midget who then pulls him back gets sent off and the no penalty was awarded 1min 23 secs boom dreams up in the air self inflicted ***** .

Better players etc no trying to have a pop mate but thats nonsense ,not just on today's performance which Hibs players would get pass marks McPake scored a goal saved us with many clearances ,yet gave Rudi space to turn a bus at the second goal ,but hes still miles ahead of anything we have at Hibs ,a gritty, I do give a **** professional footballer .

Hibs stay in the SPL Felon's done his job ,the final was a bonus IMO our league performances would suggest that , the draw Hibs got in the cup couldnt have been easier it would have been hard not to get to the final , the Aberdeen game going our way for once .

Come the summer clear out Pats going to wield the axe how many would you keep forget Mc Pake I would be astonished if signed for Hibs hes better than us ,sad but true , Hanlon and Griffiths maybe ,Lewis earned a new contract ,Doyle will be good , Pat supposedly wants Gary O for another season
I wouldn't keep him but thats Pats choice , then who else , I dont want our entire midfield , Doherty ,Francomb ,Sproule , , Kujabi nope so theres 7 /8
Nids maybe going to retire so it could be 8/9 players ,I just hope that playing within our means doesn't see another batch of **** ups coming through the doors .

All the score line suggests is that they wanted it far more than we did.

Thats why they beat us yesterday and thats why our overall record against them is sickening to look at.

Tactics, form, stats, formations.... etc all go out the window in a derby. It's all about the fight and sadly, we never look like showing any.

Since90+2
20-05-2012, 09:18 AM
The only people with their heads up their jacksies are people like you who somehow believe that our problem is unique to Hearts. It is much, much more profound than that.

We can have a debate about how its the end of the world that Hearts beat us 5-1 yesterday or we can have a debate about what has brought us to this pass over the last three years in particular. If you don't like my opinion then challenge it, otherwise you can ram it.

Are you actually being serious?

Your original post said that people are being bedwetters and you also said boo ****ing hoo. This was the biggest match in the clubs history and probably the most important match people will ever live to see yet you cant understand the outpouring of motion and anger at a 5-1 defeat.

Maybe it doesnt mean that much to you but to alot of people yesterday was their worst footballing nightmare.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 09:21 AM

Most Hibs fans will tell you that beating Hearts is all that really matters.

When we don't beat them, its sickening.

When we don't beat them in a SC final because we simply didn't turn up, it takes sickening to a whole new level.

Ray_
20-05-2012, 09:31 AM

Your original post wasn't about debate, let me remind you "Who is going to mop up all the pi5h from this message board once the bed wetters have finished posting on here tonight?".

You seriously need medical intervention if you believe this will be regarded as just another game by either side of the support. My first game was a league match when we beat Hamilton 11-1, I have never really ever read about that one one here, on the other hand, the 7-0 league match at Tynie is still mentioned as though it was last week.

Yes the team we have are desperate, getting to the cup final glossed over that, but we were totally humiliated by an average hearts team who could and should have scored more, lets not be stupid here, it'll be a long time before we forget this and even longer before we are allowed to.

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 09:31 AM

Your original post said that people are being bedwetters and you also said boo ****ing hoo. This was the biggest match in the clubs history and probably the most important match people will ever live to see yet you cant understand the outpouring of motion and anger at a 5-1 defeat.

Maybe it doesnt mean that much to you but to alot of people yesterday was their worst footballing nightmare.

I can certainly understand the emotions last night and today - feel the same way myself.

But the way back from this isn't by focussing on Hearts and it isn't by making statements that we are 'owned' by Hearts - its by demanding that we become a different club: harder, more demanding, developing a winning mentality, treating any lost point at Easter Road as a disaster...

The way we change losing badly in any given game against Hearts or anyone else is by completely changing our club and team's mentality when playing against everyone. Painful though it sounds, yesterday was an extreme symptom and rather than a cause of the mess we are in.

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Your original post wasn't about debate, let me remind you "Who is going to mop up all the pi5h from this message board once the bed wetters have finished posting on here tonight?".

You seriously need medical intervention if you believe this will be regarded as just another game by either side of the support. My first game was a league match when we beat Hamilton 11-1, I have never really ever read about that one one here, on the other hand, the 7-0 league match t Tynie is still mentioned as though it was last week.

Yes the team we have are desperate, getting to the cup final glossed over that, but we were totally humiliated by an average hearts team who could and should have scored more, lets not be stupid here, it'll be a long time before we forget this and even longer before we are allowed to.

Where in my original post did I say there was no debate to be had? Its a message board and the whole point of these is debate.

If you and anyone else - be they Yam or Hibee - wants to turn yesterday's game into a fetish that's up to you but I'm not buying it.

All this "they own us now" pi5h - what the **** does that even mean? Or the other ones I read were "The ultimate defeat which cemenets our place in the history of losers" (sic) and "Even if we win 20 derbes in a row, they will probably have the upper hand on us for our lifetime ". This is just straight from the Yam songbook of big team, wee team garbage. If we think purely in terms of our club as defined by reference to them we will never move on. We have got to be demanding a team that wants to beat every team it plays and hates losing to anyone, otherwise our horizons are way too small.

We are this bad because we are tragic against everyone just now and pretty much have been for three years. As I have said several times already this isn't a Hearts issue, its a Hibs issue. Until we change what the players and fans are prepared to accept to a much higher standard you can get used to lots more derby defeats and being beaten by everyone else too.

Fourteen Scottish Cup final appearances since 1902 without winning - all but one of which were not against Hearts tells me our problem is not with them. Nearly being relegated by losing to almost every team in the league tells me we have a Hibs problem.

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Most Hibs fans will tell you that beating Hearts is all that really matters.

When we don't beat them, its sickening.

When we don't beat them in a SC final because we simply didn't turn up, it takes sickening to a whole new level.

Really? I think most Hibs fans would tell you that winning the Scottish Cup is what really matters. That getting into Europe is what really matters. That playing the kind of football we did with Sauzee is what really matters. That being able to turn up to see our team and be proud of them every week is what matters. And along the way winning derbies is great.

Don't tell me that beating hearts is all that really matters - because it isn't.

The one place I agree with you is that "when we don't beat them in a SC final because we simply didn't turn up, it takes sickening to a whole new level". Though in truth we have been doing that against everyone all season so I found it sickening but not surprising.

cad
20-05-2012, 10:01 AM
All the score line suggests is that they wanted it far more than we did.

Thats why they beat us yesterday and thats why our overall record against them is sickening to look at.

Tactics, form, stats, formations.... etc all go out the window in a derby. It's all about the fight and sadly, we never look like showing any.

Ive got news for you bud there's a lot more teams want it when they play Hibs not just Hearts ,how many players can you say that they went about their job in a professional manner worked hard individually and for the team ,I stopped at Mc Pake and gave Sparky the benefit of the doubt .
Tactics and formation is exactly how we lost yesterday , we play 2 against 4 down the sides either wins it the air the other guys isolated got 2 defenders and a midfield closing him down how do you think we had so many mis passes yesterday closed down no time to control the ball it was school boy stuff a midfield void of skill , energy, tact, passing ,and awareness ,fullbacks who are just ***** ,the runs made by there extra man in mid Black sometimes and Skacel the other not matched ,no clearing your lines standing off players ,and worst of all just not interested which could apply to more than a few out there yesterday ,Ivan what did he give Hibs yesterday ,Osbourne Claros ,Stevenson , Mujabi , Doherty , Stevenson Garry O and the rest McPake was our best who sold a goal still ****in miles better than anyone Sparky the service he got was terrible Im not his greatest fan but can understand how frustrated he gets
Driver looked like a superstar yesterday ,that could have been a serious one yesterday but with 15 to go they played with us .
Just going to leave it at that mate cant be arsed you have your views Ive got mine

GGTTH

Ray_
20-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Where in my original post did I say there was no debate to be had? Its a message board and the whole point of these is debate.

If you and anyone else - be they Yam or Hibee - wants to turn yesterday's game into a fetish that's up to you but I'm not buying it.

All this "they own us now" pi5h - what the **** does that even mean? Or the other ones I read were "The ultimate defeat which cemenets our place in the history of losers" (sic) and "Even if we win 20 derbes in a row, they will probably have the upper hand on us for our lifetime ". This is just straight from the Yam songbook of big team, wee team garbage. If we think purely in terms of our club as defined by reference to them we will never move on. We have got to be demanding a team that wants to beat every team it plays and hates losing to anyone, otherwise our horizons are way too small.

We are this bad because we are tragic against everyone just now and pretty much have been for three years. As I have said several times already this isn't a Hearts issue, its a Hibs issue. Until we change what the players and fans are prepared to accept to a much higher standard you can get used to lots more derby defeats and being beaten by everyone else too.

Fourteen Scottish Cup final appearances since 1902 without winning - all but one of which were not against Hearts tells me our problem is not with them. Nearly being relegated by losing to almost every team in the league tells me we have a Hibs problem.

You clearly have a lot to learn, insulting others with who have a differing view is no way to initiate debate & it is exactly what you did with your insulting thread title and subsequent comments.

When you have the minority view, highlighting and repeating throw away comments such as “own us now” proves nothing but conceit on your part. You may not be buying in to the consequence many people feel about yesterday’s result, but if you’re totally blind to why others may feel otherwise, take up that suggestion of medical help.

A lot of people know being better than our city neighbours is far from being the “B” all and end all, but it is a start to be the best in your city. That is why local rivalry exists all over the world, or is everybody else wrong?

The first Scottish final I went to was a 1-6 reverse & although I was mid-teens and far more vulnerable than I would have been as an adult, it felt nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday against our average local rivals & although I’m far removed from the current hibs set up, not even trying for a ticket, I watched on TV that horrific gutless performance & felt worse than I ever have done about a football match, knowing just how hard it would hit our wonderful support.

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Really down today, it was as if the team thought they were playing a pre-season friendly.. just glad this season is over and done with

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 10:53 AM
You clearly have a lot to learn, insulting others with who have a differing view is no way to initiate debate & it is exactly what you did with your insulting thread title and subsequent comments.

When you have the minority view, highlighting and repeating throw away comments such as “own us now” proves nothing but conceit on your part. You may not be buying in to the consequence many people feel about yesterday’s result, but if you’re totally blind to why others may feel otherwise, take up that suggestion of medical help.

A lot of people know being better than our city neighbours is far from being the “B” all and end all, but it is a start to be the best in your city. That is why local rivalry exists all over the world, or is everybody else wrong?

The first Scottish final I went to was a 1-6 reverse & although I was mid-teens and far more vulnerable than I would have been as an adult, it felt nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday against our average local rivals & although I’m far removed from the current hibs set up, not even trying for a ticket, I watched on TV that horrific gutless performance & felt worse than I ever have done about a football match, knowing just how hard it would hit our wonderful support.

Would you like to explain exactly what 'they own us now' even means?

We can't make it a start to be the best in our city (against the the third highest spending club in Scotland) when we can't even be the best against the other bottom six clubs. Expecting the former without first having achieved the later is deranged.

I don't need some patronising absentee twat to tell me I need medical help. Do one.

Ray_
20-05-2012, 11:12 AM

We can't make it a start to be the best in our city (against the the third highest spending club in Scotland) when we can't even be the best against the other bottom six clubs. Expecting the former without first having achieved the later is deranged.

I don't need some patronising absentee twat to tell me I need medical help. Do one.

Still picking on one fly away comment, certainly showing desperation, you should go for that help!

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Still picking on one fly away comment, certainly showing desperation, you should go for that help!

You are a boring mixture of evasion and irrelevance. For some of us Hibs isn't just a hobby. Away back to the cricket or whatever it is you do in Walton on the Naze.

Ray_
20-05-2012, 11:18 AM
You are a boring mixture of evasion and irrelevance. For some of us Hibs isn't just a hobby. Away back to the cricket or whatever it is you do in Walton on the Naze.

I don't need some patronising absentee twat to tell me I need medical help. Do one. [/QUOTE]

And what do you think it is when you start a thread calling other supporters bed wetters?

1two
20-05-2012, 11:22 AM

THIS

I'm not ashamed to say I shed a few tears last night.
It's my own fault for believing we could have won. The reality is, we've been piss poor relegation contenders for 2 years.

Now I'm just angry, if the players had an ounce of the passion the fans had before the game we could have won. Instead we **** ourselves.

It's unnaceltable.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 11:25 AM
All this pi5h about being 'owned' by them and the 'biggest derby ever' is in my view the bedwetting that we can do without. There will be four more derbies along shortly when next season starts.
Last Edinburgh derby in a Scottish Cup final was in 1896. Not quite as frequent a spectacle as you seem to be implying.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 11:41 AM

People being emotional mere HOURS after a humiliating defeat is not any sort of problem at all. It's human nature. There will be plenty of time to make changes and to gee ourselves up for next season but allow people to get over it first.

Bobby's Cinema
20-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I'd like to hear from those that have forked out great sums of money to fly back and see that. Are they bedwetters? No chance. Disgusted with that yesterday

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 11:59 AM

As I read this thread I actually find that I agree with a lot of what you're saying BUT your timing is totally off. The result isn't even a day old. Give people some time to vent.

Hibs aren't defined by Hearts BUT Hearts were out opponents yesterday.

And, with a little help, the owned us yesterday. To answer your question, that means they dominated us. I am not sure if people are saying Hearts dominate us ALL the time or just yesterday. Right now we're an easy target, not just for Hearts.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I'd like to hear from those that have forked out great sums of money to fly back and see that. Are they bedwetters? No chance. Disgusted with that yesterday

I'm one but I don't expect or deserve any special treatment. That shambolic display yesterday hurt (almost) everyone as much.