PDA

View Full Version : Osbourne and Claros

CropleyWasGod
19-05-2012, 09:29 PM
I thought I saw those two having a wee spat during the warm-up. Then McPake had a wee word with Osbourne.

The body language between them after that was a bit cool...

Did anyone else see it, or was I imagining it?

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I thought I saw those two having a wee spat during the warm-up. Then McPake had a wee word with Osbourne.

Pity they both lost their "fight" when the whistle blew

Pretty Boy
19-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Not sure about that but thought Osbourne looked totally disinterested throughout.

Looked like he was playing in a pre season friendly rather than the biggest Derby ever.

SlickShoes
19-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Not sure about that but thought Osbourne looked totally disinterested throughout.

Looked like he was playing in a pre season friendly rather than the biggest Derby ever.

The whole midfield have looked like that all season.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2012, 09:38 PM
The whole midfield have looked like that all season.

Fair point actually.

lucky
19-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Claros runs like a duck and is to slow. Ozzy was so far of the pace of game it was unreal. Our midfield were ***** today

HibbyAndy
19-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Claros.

Bin him. And bin him now!

smurf
19-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Our midfield has been pathetic all season. Completely devoid of creativity or any controlled aggression. That Lewis is our best option tells us everything.

19-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Wish they had the same aggression and fight in the game!

Both not good enough - would certainly not miss them if they are binned in the summer!

DaveF
19-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Our midfield has been pathetic all season. Completely devoid of creativity or any controlled aggression. That Lewis is our best option tells us everything.

Spot on smruf.

A gaping hole all season and sadly brought home to bear today.

Leishy1995
19-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Claros was a disgusting bombscare. And seeing him leave the pitch was welcome. But starting him was stupid. We should never trust rangers again.

Love the Green
19-05-2012, 10:34 PM

Both ****in ***** so why the post

PPZPOL
19-05-2012, 10:35 PM

Today was like watching a school/juvenile game where one teams players had reached puberty before the other team. This goes for most derby's I've ever been to - men v boys and really really hard to watch and take on the chin.

I hope Fenlon's anger does not leave him by this time next week when the dust has settled because it's time to start shipping out the non trying, chicken hearted unprofessional losers that we have assembled. Make no mistake, these guys will get you the bullet and take us down to the 1st Div.

CropleyWasGod
19-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Both ****in ***** so why the post

Because I wanted to know the answer? :confused:

Onion
19-05-2012, 10:48 PM

That's the bit that really get me. These players will NEVER play in a bigger match in their careers and they totally FAILED. As a lot of them are loanees from "bigger" clubs, they probably think their best days are still ahead of them and Scottish Football is twee anyway, but I can assure them. That was it. It doesn't get any bigger than that match. Wherever they go they will be regarded as failures who choked or couldn't give a flying **** about playing in the biggest Scottish Cup Final in years.

As ever, it is the fans who have to carry the burden forward for years to come because these guys couldn't be bothered to try their hardest for 90 ****** minutes.

Onion
19-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Today was like watching a school/juvenile game where one teams players had reached puberty before the other team. This goes for most derby's I've ever been to - men v boys and really really hard to watch and take on the chin.

I hope Fenlon's anger does not leave him by this time next week when the dust has settled because it's time to start shipping out the non trying, chicken hearted unprofessional losers that we have assembled. Make no mistake, these guys will get you the bullet and take us down to the 1st Div.

Sadly, I've already lost faith in Fenlon to motivate these guys. After the first Derby, PF recognised that the Hibs players were beat before the match even started. After 2 more Derbies, what has changed ???? What has PF done to address that ????

Jim44
19-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Claros was a disgusting bombscare. And seeing him leave the pitch was welcome. But starting him was stupid. We should never trust rangers again.

Our signing of Claros was Rangers' highlight of the season. Pitbull????? More like pit-donkey or pit-canary.

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I've stated all season my disbelief at the fact that some supporters were saying that Osbourne was a candidate for player of the year earlier this season, whilst I have seen virtually nothing at all from him at ER all season - I believe that he was excellent in our away games at Parkhead and the 3-2 win at Dunfermline (resulting in some cringeworthy "I told you so" type posts from posters on here who had claimed that he was quality all along), but he has been an average (at best) player in a team that only managed to maintain its SPL status in our 37th league game.

Having just seen the match analysis on Sportscene, he had a weak header in the box that led to the first Hearts goal (though others were undoubtedly at fault too), and criminally miscontrols a simple square ball that gifted Hearts possession well into our half that led directly to their second.

He is not good enough for where we want to be, and, in truth, hasn't even been good enough for where we have been all season - he is no doubt on a decent wage given that he arrived from a Premiership club, and signings such as his are why we are where we are now. A player with decent pedigree and attributes, but just another overwhelming disappointment. Good money, poorly spent - but he is on a long contract and he is unlikely to either move on to what will surely be a poorer living, nor is there likely to be any teams who will think that he can do a job for them at a decent level.

Which brings me to Claros - he looked like he might be a class act for a very short while, but has just gotten worse as time has gone on. Not what we need, and there is little point in having a player on loan until half way through next season. Should be sent back, if we have the option to do so.

I am not slating these players, simply giving an honest appraisal of two Hibs midfielders in a desperately poor Hibs midfield.

Ferryhibby
19-05-2012, 11:42 PM
I've stated all season my disbelief at the fact that some supporters were saying that Osbourne was a candidate for player of the year earlier this season, whilst I have seen virtually nothing at all from him at ER all season - I believe that he was excellent in our away games at Parkhead and the 3-2 win at Dunfermline (resulting in some cringeworthy "I told you so" type posts from posters on here who had claimed that he was quality all along), but he has been an average (at best) player in a team that only managed to maintain its SPL status in our 37th league game.

Having just seen the match analysis on Sportscene, he had a weak header in the box that led to the first Hearts goal (though others were undoubtedly at fault too), and criminally miscontrols a simple square ball that gifted Hearts possession well into our half that led directly to their second.

He is not good enough for where we want to be, and, in truth, hasn't even been good enough for where we have been all season - he is no doubt on a decent wage given that he arrived from a Premiership club, and signings such as his are why we are where we are now. A player with decent pedigree and attributes, but just another overwhelming disappointment. Good money, poorly spent - but he is on a long contract and he is unlikely to either move on to what will surely be a poorer living, nor is there likely to be any teams who will think that he can do a job for them at a decent level.

Which brings me to Claros - he looked like he might be a class act for a very short while, but has just gotten worse as time has gone on. Not what we need, and there is little point in having a player on loan until half way through next season. Should be sent back, if we have the option to do so.

I am not slating these players, simply giving an honest appraisal of two Hibs midfielders in a desperately poor Hibs midfield.

Absolutely agree, Osbourne came here with calderwoods praises ringing inhis ears, former england u21 played with the villa etc but apart from those two games i cant remember him having a decent game since, hes a big lad that gets easily pushed around and lacks vision ........a mate of mine, rangers supporter, said to me when we signed claros..ok so youve pinched a player from us but watch out every one of Mcoists signings have been *****

Hibs7
20-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Osbourne reminds me if a drunk giraffe when he gets the ball, all legs and not one of them knowing where it is going. I only wish he was a loan signing as I would punt him and Claros ASAP.

alfieboi75
20-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Punt them both now....shocking performance!!!

Alfred E Newman
20-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Osbourne is just one of many reasons the club were hammered 5-1 yesterday.

bingo70
20-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Both pish, ive defended claros a lot as I thought he was decent but I was wrong, if that's the best he can come up with in a Scottish cup final then **** him and 'Ozzie' as well.

Same applies to the whole team actually

theonlywayisup
20-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Both pish, ive defended claros a lot as I thought he was decent but I was wrong, if that's the best he can come up with in a Scottish cup final then **** him and 'Ozzie' as well.

Same applies to the whole team actually

Like I said on another post, I am not an expert, but if I was the opposition I would have targetted our fullbacks. Knowing Hertz strengths (Driver, Templeton & Suso), I easily predicted that they would have played a wide expansive game. So, surely we should have played players that offered protection to them. We all know that Osbourne, Claros and Soares do not do tracking back and getting tight. So why not play a team that strengthened the midfield, even if that meant only one up front and playing less of our 'stars'.

Whilst they are poorer players, I would think a midfield five of Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Towell, Sproule and Stanton would have put up more fight and offered greater protection. I know, what a poor midfield, but they might have performed better than our midfield yesterday.

confused
20-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Our signing of Claros was Rangers' highlight of the season. Pitbull????? More like pit-donkey or pit-canary.

The best comment i've seen for a while.