PDA

View Full Version : Nest season, what can we expect?

Leishy1995
19-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Who are we even going to have from the squad today next year?
What can we expect from the club? I'm lost in my own thoughts tonight. I need help.

Leishy1995
19-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Next*

erskine-hibby
19-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I expect a new squad and nothing less than 6th in the league.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Hopefully, we can expect a complete overhaul of the squad over the next couple of months, or else we can expect next season to be as bad, if not worse, than last season.

I thought last season was horrific, and it was, but this season has just been the worst it could possibly have been, without being relegated I suppose.

We need a completely new defence, to play alongside McPake, if he stays that is, and we also need a whole new midfield, with players who are actually able to take control of the ball and beat opponents and who have some movement off the ball.

TheMentalHibees
More of the same.

SRHibs
It's Hibs. We can expect another season of failure and soul destroying results. Hope this helps.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 09:11 PM
We should (at the very least) be aiming to finish above Hearts next season.

If thats not a serious target for us, then we should just resign.

smurf
19-05-2012, 09:16 PM
More of the same.

This. Unfortunately.

dutchhibby
19-05-2012, 09:19 PM
We should (at the very least) be aiming to finish above Hearts next season.

If thats not a serious target for us, then we should just resign.

i say this every season and end up with egg on my face so from now on i will lower my expectations i say we will struggle for top 6
:confused:
:confused::confused:

erskine-hibby
19-05-2012, 09:19 PM
This. Unfortunately.

And we will get it if we accept it.

Leishy1995
19-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I am honestly, devastated by today. I hope it's a catalyst for future seasons. A wake up call.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 09:51 PM
i say this every season and end up with egg on my face so from now on i will lower my expectations i say we will struggle for top 6
:confused:
:confused::confused:

A team that aims for 6th will either finish 6th or anywhere below that.

A team that aims for 1st, may not get near 1st, but will probably find themselves pushing for 4th or even 3rd.

We should never have limited targets.

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 09:56 PM
More of the same.

:top marks

Lack of investment
Poor Quality players
Lack of pace
Derby defeats

Bottom 6 :cb

smurf
19-05-2012, 10:01 PM
And we will get it if we accept it.

And the majority do and will continue to do so. The board can do no wrong. All the fault ultimately of the manager. Then it is the players. Then of course us supporters. Bedwetters who don't turn out in enough numbers...

King Paddy
19-05-2012, 10:06 PM
What can we expect from the club? I'm lost in my own thoughts tonight. I need help.

Your not alone mate it feels worse than relegation in 98 IMHO.

King Paddy
19-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I expect a new squad and nothing less than 6th in the league.

New squad same crap bottom relegation that's my HO. until we get fresh investment we are doomed.

LioNeilMessi
19-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Keep the faith

Rangers out of action in respect to Transfers for next season.
Hearts are coming to terms that they are next unless they have a MAJOR cut back on players.
Hibs making a couple extra thousand STs out of the cup final (silver lining if you like :hide:)

Theoretically we should have the second biggest budget in the spl for next season..? Saying that I don't know how the Europe places affect Motherwell, Utd and St Johnstone's transfer budget. I do realise that we'll be starting from scratch unlike the other teams but its the most optimistic spin I can put on things.

Over to you Pat..

helpfulsoul
20-05-2012, 01:16 AM
honestly i can om
only see good times for hibs as long as you give fenlon time, as a bluenose i think hibs over the next 2 years or so will be winning cup finals.

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 01:38 AM
honestly i can om
only see good times for hibs as long as you give fenlon time, as a bluenose i think hibs over the next 2 years or so will be winning cup finals.

Fak off.

SheriffLobo
20-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows

MrSmith
20-05-2012, 08:57 AM
for me:

no preseason
no payers in until last day of transfer window
more loan deals
fighting relegation again
Fenlon sacked before October AGM
New man installed
empty East Stand
crowds dropping to under 8000

The slow demise of our team!

I know its all negative but I cannot see where anything is going to change?? I'm still shell-shocked from yesterday so, this may be clouding my judgement but experience tells me this will be the case ... AGAIN ... !

Vini1875
20-05-2012, 09:53 AM
I think PF will get players who are triers like McPake, maybe we won't see the best of players arriving but he will get players who have guts. I expect our loan players to be gone. I hope he can convince McPake and Griffiths to stay.