PDA

View Full Version : Who gave the penalty ? The ref or the linesman ?

The Voice Of Reason
19-05-2012, 07:23 PM
From where I was in the ground it looked like the ref checked with the linesman and it was the linesman who told him it was a pen.

Can anyone confirm?

Mikey
19-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Has anyone got footage of it?

McCrae
19-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Ref checked with linesman for the penalty... He was going to give free kick .

Golden Bear
19-05-2012, 07:27 PM
It was Thomson's decision and no doubt about it.

The Voice Of Reason
19-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Are you sure ? (as it really looked to me that the linesman told him it was a pen).

Have you watched any highlights ? I recorded it but can't bring myself to watch it ! :boo hoo:

McCrae
19-05-2012, 07:33 PM
You will see the linesman signal it was a penalty.

thebakerboy
19-05-2012, 07:33 PM
From my seat in the East at no time did Kujabi go into the box until Thomson called him over to send him off so how do you give a pen when the offending player never goes in the box. Hearts fan on FB wait till you see that pen dive.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Are you sure ? (as it really looked to me that the linesman told him it was a pen).

Have you watched any highlights ? I recorded it but can't bring myself to watch it ! :boo hoo:

Got a text saying it looked like the yam caught his own ankle, and that it looked like a dive, not sure I will ever find out, as will make a beeline for the duvet, anytime highlights are being shown.....

theonlywayisup
19-05-2012, 07:34 PM

:agree:

Just seen the incident on the telly. Looks to me that Kujabi tried to pull him back, but let go about a yard from the box. Then a half yard from the box, Suso foot clipped the other and down he went. Never a penalty. And not a booking, if Black's assault on Leigh was not.

Golden Bear
19-05-2012, 07:36 PM
The radio pundits all agreed that Thomson made the call . The only thing I noticed at the game was that he took a few seconds to decide and the linesman did not put his flag up as far as I know.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Just seen the incident on Sky Sports News. It was a shocking decision, the shirt pull came about 3 yards outside the box and really changed the game as we were never going to come back after that.

I'm not saying that was the only reason we lost today as our overall performance, if you can actually call it that, was disgraceful but that decision was horrendous.

Hibs7
19-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Another wrong decision against Hibs by this arse hole Thompson.
How many times is he going to get away with this, that is 2 wrong penalties against us this season, that is 2 too many.

iain nolan
19-05-2012, 07:42 PM
:top marks
:agree:

Just seen the incident on the telly. Looks to me that Kujabi tried to pull him back, but let go about a yard from the box. Then a half yard from the box, Suso foot clipped the other and down he went. Never a penalty. And not a booking, if Black's assault on Leigh was not.

Hibs Class
19-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I recorded the game and that is the only bit I have watched. There may have been a tug outside the box but Santana dived once in the box where there was no contact and he finished his roll with a gesture for a card. Hope the cheating **** dives off the open top bus tomorrow.

Kaiser1962
19-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Just seen the incident on Sky Sports News. It was a shocking decision, the shirt pull came about 3 yards outside the box and really changed the game as we were never going to come back after that.

I'm not saying that was the only reason we lost today as our overall performance, if you can actually call it that, was disgraceful but that decision was horrendous.

I've not seen it, and wont watch it, but I totally agree with you. We were (fortunately maybe) still in the game at 1-2 and had had a decent end to the first half and that decision killed what little hope we had stone dead.

erskine-hibby
19-05-2012, 09:33 PM
I had a great view from my position and both the linesman (who didn't put his flag up) and the ref looked bemused to what to give. So why he gave a penalty I don't know because none of them were 100% about it (probably because it wasn't).

Eyrie
19-05-2012, 10:02 PM
I recorded the game and that is the only bit I have watched. There may have been a tug outside the box but Santana dived once in the box where there was no contact and he finished his roll with a gesture for a card. Hope the cheating **** dives off the open top bus tomorrow.
Definite tug by Kujabi which was stupid since he was already on a yellow, but other than that you're spot on.

So what are the odds of the compliance officer looking at this dive?

Speedy
19-05-2012, 11:29 PM
From the east it looked like the ref gave the penalty, paused to check with the linesman and then decided to definitely give a pen.

Terrible decision, I could see from row ZZ in the east that it was outside the box.

AlbertK86
19-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Bet thompson comes out tomorrow after watching TV and apologises for all his mistakes.

Then SFA will admit he ****** up and he will be kicked out !!

Christ I just woke up ..... No danger ... So obvious he was for the yams it is unbelievable. I Thought it was paranoia when appointed but that was blatant the day !!

BEEJ
19-05-2012, 11:41 PM
I recorded the game and that is the only bit I have watched.

There may have been a tug outside the box but Santana dived once in the box where there was no contact and he finished his roll with a gesture for a card. Hope the cheating **** dives off the open top bus tomorrow.
:agree: Indeed he did. No action taken there but Thomson stopped the game in the first half to give Claros a stern lecture for doing the very same thing.

“On Saturday all the referees in Scotland and Europe will be watching the match. This is my last game before the Euro finals and it’s important I go there with a good reputation. If players put in silly tackles we have to deal with it.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/cups/scottish-cup/2012/05/15/scottish-cup-final-referee-craig-thomson-i-ll-be-okay-at-hampden-with-my-mum-watching-over-me-86908-23859830/

Yes, Craig. Indeed! I wonder what they would have made of your approach to the Black assault on Griffiths 14 minutes in?

“I see the envy in foreign refs when we talk about Old Firm games. When Pierluigi Collina was at his peak he always wanted to do one.

“An all-Edinburgh final hasn’t happened for more than 100 years so it will be special. These guys would love to come over here and do these games.

We'd also like them to come over and do these games, Craig. You better believe it!

snooky
19-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Bet thompson comes out tomorrow after watching TV and apologises for all his mistakes.

Then SFA will admit he ****** up and he will be kicked out !!

Christ I just woke up ..... No danger ... So obvious he was for the yams it is unbelievable. I Thought it was paranoia when appointed but that was blatant the day !!

I thought that, given the large audience and the fact that an accusing finger had already been pointed at his bias, CT would have at least be fair.
Stupid me.

I demand 90 min continuous "Cheat cheat" calls for him next visit to ER.

robinhood
19-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Linesman gave it