PDA

View Full Version : Our Fans

davhibby
19-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Some of the fans on here are saying that the will never be back and that is not being a true fan. Leaving hampden I saw a car drive by that had two hibs scarfs hanging out of the window that is a true fan, someone that even after the result today is proud to show that they support hibernian fc:hibees:flag:

19-05-2012, 07:30 PM
TBH I think a lot of it will be knee jerk reactions that people have come out with just because of the frustration and heart break of today. I don't doubt there will be some people who do follow through with their threat but this is the time where we need to rally together and show solidarity. Today was painful and im just as hurt as the next hibs fan but we need to remember that it can only get better.

:flag:

The_Todd
19-05-2012, 07:34 PM
We all say things in the heat of the moment, especially when it involves that mob. I left when the fifth went in and proclaimed I'd never ever be back. I had a lot of time to think (thanks to the magical mystery tour which was Bus 005) and of course I'll be back.

I'm still very angry, though.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:36 PM
TBH I think a lot of it will be knee jerk reactions that people have come out with just because of the frustration and heart break of today. I don't doubt there will be some people who do follow through with their threat but this is the time where we need to rally together and show solidarity. Today was painful and im just as hurt as the next hibs fan but we need to remember that it can only get better.

Agree, the fans need to rally and unite, and hopefully more finals and better league placings will follow.....Everyone is hurting tonight, of that there is no doubt.

At The Edge
19-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Bus no.3 singing all the way home.
Driver must have thought we'd won the cup!
:greengrin

leithsansiro
19-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Big thumbs up to the fans. Not questioning anyone though, but it was a bit disappointing to see the stands empty after the third (and fourth). No encouragement at all from that sight for the players for the last 20 minutes.

TheMentalHibees
19-05-2012, 07:47 PM
We played our part today, the players asked us to be loud and back them from the start. We held up our end of the bargain, it's a great shame they didn't.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2012, 07:48 PM
At the end of the day, we had more than 20,000 fans there today and we'll be lucky if half that number will be at Easter Road in August for the start of the new season so I'm not surprised to hear of people saying today that they'll not be back.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Big thumbs up to the fans. Not questioning anyone though, but it was a bit disappointing to see the stands empty after the third (and fourth). No encouragement at all from that sight for the players for the last 20 minutes.

Although I didn't leave until their fifth goal, we were never going to be coming back from 3-1 down and a man down with 40 minutes left.

IWasThere2016
19-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Stayed to the bitter end - always do. However, I don't blame anyone who left after that display

Gez1875
19-05-2012, 07:52 PM
i took me all my will power to stay til that final whistle, but i did. i was disgusted with the amount of people left when the 3rd goal went in, one boy threw his scarf away, no other hibs item on him, obviously wasnt a big enough occasion to buy a top! as he walked by, ma dad shouted see u at the next final ya fair weather supporter! and thats the problem, this guy has probably contributed the £15 he paid for his scarf in as many years but has the cheek to ****** off early complaining!

im hurt but ill support them ever more!

gbur123ukgb
19-05-2012, 07:56 PM
we left after the 5th went in :( didnt want to stick around to see if there would be a 6th! still wearing my hibs top though!
I have my season ticket for next year and one for my son, so Ill be back! even though the performance today was shocking. Can understand why people say they wont be bak, its so frustrating!

sesoim
19-05-2012, 07:58 PM
If I thought we were going to start next season with the same players we have just now, I wouldn't be back either.

Thankfully, that wont be the case.

whiskyhibby
19-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I stayed to the end...... Painful though it was you don't desert your team for anything IMHO

deeks01
19-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Our fans did us proud today , fantastic display and passionate support even when we went 2 down and looked like we couldnae score against Forres mechanics reserve team. If the players had shown half the passion and desire of us 20,000 hibbys inside Hampden it may well have been a different result.

Big thanks to the guys who organized our display , we may not have won on the park but we showed them up off of it.

And a big thanks also to crabbies for providing those flags was great to see a sponsor take an active role in helping support our club , I was reluctant to leave my flag as it was a fantastic gesture by crabbies , however I don't think I could ever have looked at it without remembering the hurt of today so it did indeed get left behind.

The Green Goblin
19-05-2012, 08:10 PM
We played our part today, the players asked us to be loud and back them from the start. We held up our end of the bargain, it's a great shame they didn't.

This. 100%. To give any of our fans any stick after today is bang out of order imo.

Alfred E Newman
19-05-2012, 08:12 PM
I left after the 4th. I am 64 next month and after following the Hibs for most of my life found myself feeling physically sick and disgusted at todays debacle. Whatever that bunch of imposters in green was it was not the Hibs. I have not renewed my season yet and after that embarrassment it is doubtful if I will.

CraigK
19-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Left after the forth. The players on the park didn't deserve our support. Wouldn't care if I didn't see any of them in green and white again. A defeat, even of that magnitude, would've been acceptable if there had been any bottle shown or if they had looked like they cared.
Have renewed (before the semi) and will be back in august.

Long Time Hibee
19-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Gutted like everyone else but stayed right to the end. Appreciated Griffiths coming over, seemed like he really cared. Disappointed others didn't for the fans who stayed. Can't understand how we played so badly for 1st 40 mins. They were sharper and hungrier to every 50/50, in fact Claros was watching half the time. However, back in the game just before half time then Thomson (the Jambo bassa) gives them a free penalty although sending off cost us any slim chance we had. He probably thought we might be better 2nd half. Gutted, worst day of my life. Hate seeing those twirling ********* scarves.

Phil D. Rolls
19-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Some of the fans on here are saying that the will never be back and that is not being a true fan. Leaving hampden I saw a car drive by that had two hibs scarfs hanging out of the window that is a true fan, someone that even after the result today is proud to show that they support hibernian fc:hibees:flag:

Have to say, I was touched by the attitude of our supporters before the game. A positive, but (as it turned out) wrong attitude about the game. I have never know so many strangers to open their hearts about what it means to be a Hibby.

Let's be honest - this is a hard one to take, but for me it was nice to get back to Leith, and realise that our club still means a lot to many, We go on, it goes on.

GGTH!

Pretty Boy
19-05-2012, 08:16 PM
This. 100%. To give any of our fans any stick after today is bang out of order imo.

This.

I'm still hugely proud of this club and proud to call myself a supporter.

But I'm ashamed of that team. The fans more than did their bit today, the players didnt uphold their end of the deal.

kenny-55
19-05-2012, 08:17 PM
We are all hurting great support till the fans started to desert the stadium we also stayed to the end saw them get the runner up medals poor show in the end by our support we are all hurt but we should have stayed to the end it was them who got us there after all mc pale looked gutted at the empty hibs end :confused::confused::confused:

1875HFC
19-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Stayed until the pain final whistle but I'm a hibee born and bred and will follow through thick and thin. We are all hurting tonight but we have to rally and get back on track because we are the best fans in the world with so much passion.

Thats all from me I'm away for a cry...

Alfred E Newman
19-05-2012, 08:22 PM
We are all hurting great support till the fans started to desert the stadium we also stayed to the end saw them get the runner up medals poor show in the end by our support we are all hurt but we should have stayed to the end it was them who got us there after all mc pale looked gutted at the empty hibs end :confused::confused::confused:

Not as gutted as the supporters.

The Sea-gull
19-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Our fans were great today. For once in a big derby we turned up and showed support confidently but not too cocky (though some of the stuff on here about how we will beat them since they got to the final has been cringe worthy and embarassing especially after what happened today) with lots of noise and colour. It is often said that the nervousness and lack of belief from the support transfers to the players. Well today just proves that whatever we do as fans it does not affect the outcome.

joe breezy
19-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I thought our support was great, well done all

ScottB
19-05-2012, 09:29 PM
The fans were great, I think we out sung them until they went 2 up.

I was pretty disgusted that at that point, 2 guys in the block next to us stood up, threw their scarves at the pitch, one of them then spat towards the pitch after having a bit of a ruckus with those who were in his way. Uncalled for completely.

We stayed till the 89th minute. I wasn't watching them run about daft!

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Hibs fans today :top marks:top marks:top marks

Totally shafted by a bunch of losers

The_Todd
19-05-2012, 09:37 PM

I'm sorry, but the team simply didn't deserve for us to sit and applaud them pick up their losers medals. If we lost 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 yeah fine. But 5-1? Really? If they were so gutted about having no fans to clap them off then they should have put a shift in.

ScottB
19-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry, but the team simply didn't deserve for us to sit and applaud them pick up their losers medals. If we lost 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 yeah fine. But 5-1? Really? If they were so gutted about having no fans to clap them off then they should have put a shift in.

McPake might have been gutted and at least tried to gee us up a bit before taking a corner, but frankly I reckon most of them didn't give a toss, or certainly gave that impression. They didn't deserve being clapped off.

The sight of 20,000 empty seats will hopefully have brought home to them exactly what their 'performance' today was like. I hope there's a bin at Hampden full of those medals.

The_Todd
19-05-2012, 09:44 PM
The sight of 20,000 empty seats will hopefully have brought home to them exactly what their 'performance' today was like. I hope there's a bin at Hampden full of those medals.

This.

Today should be the day every man and woman at Hibernian (player, coaching, boardroom, whatever) sit back and think long and hard. Do we continue the way we're going or do we roll up the sleeves and say "never again". Today was an unwelcome dose of reality, we need to change things and change it now.

Just Alf
19-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I stayed to the end...... Painful though it was you don't desert your team for anything IMHO

My heart was broken, my heart was broken
Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow

You saw it, You claimed it
You touched it, You saved it

My tears are drying, my tears are drying
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou
My tears are drying, my tears are drying
Your beauty and kindness
Made tears clear my blindness
While I'm worth my room on this earth
I will be with you
While the Chief, puts Sunshine On Leith
I'll thank him for his work
And your birth and my birth.

Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow

While I'm worth my room on this earth
I will be with you
While the Chief, puts Sunshine On Leith
I'll thank him for his work
And your birth and my birth.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Togs91
19-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Left after the 5th, first time ive ever left a hib game before the final whistle. A bit of blood red fury, but mostly because the thought of hearing the final whistle and then the roar from them lot made me feel physically sick. Never bought a season ticket to just get into hampden, absolutely devistated today that the team didnt show up, after all the malarky of fans paying rediculous amouts for tickets on ebay etc... But i am keeping money aside, and a season ticket for next year will be purchased asap, once a hibby, always a hibby.

Minder
19-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Left after the 5th, first time ive ever left a hib game before the final whistle. A bit of blood red fury, but mostly because the thought of hearing the final whistle and then the roar from them lot made me feel physically sick. Never bought a season ticket to just get into hampden, absolutely devistated today that the team didnt show up, after all the malarky of fans paying rediculous amouts for tickets on ebay etc... But i am keeping money aside, and a season ticket for next year will be purchased asap, once a hibby, always a hibby.

I saw this through to end, only time ever left early missed a Joe T wonder goal at Falkirk, and vowed never again. If only we had Joe T at left back today.

Our day will come, dont know when but it will.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2012, 10:24 PM
That bunch of imposters aka our team today deserved 20000 empty seats at the end. I left at the fifth as couldnt bear to see them hit 7 or 8 which looked likely. Mcpake apart, bin the lit of them paddy and start from scratch. They are a disgrace to the jersey and to the club I love!!!

vincipernoi
19-05-2012, 10:26 PM
stayed until the final whistle - never leave before

some radge in front of me stormed out after their second

left as soon as it blew for full time

no benefit - some organsational genius called bates (chief inspector/ super intendent) kept all the cars penned in the carpark until 35 minutes later

miserable match

still love this club and proud to be a supporter

Love the Green
19-05-2012, 10:30 PM

:top marks

LancashireHibby
19-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Left after 88 minutes. Never left a game early before but no way was I sticking around to see that mob celebrate. It did at least mean we could get a slightly earlier train back down south as well. Oddly there were a few Jambos on it - we said to them if we'd have won then there would still be 20,000 Hibs fans at Hampden at 6pm, never mind back at Central by that time!

Togs91
19-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Oh aye, and where i was sitting, after that lot scored the first the boys next to me kicked a couple of seats in. Doesnt matter what the situation thats bang out of order i reckon. I hope and think that most of the fans who left at around the 70 minute mark today just done it out of mad instinct, but as said before, once a hibby always a hibby, its not easy supporting this club at times, but i for one coul never turn my back.

NAE NOOKIE
19-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Was there to the bitter end and will be there next season. GGTTH

leggeto
19-05-2012, 11:03 PM

well all they so called die hards i seen chuckin their scarves away i hope they are ashamed of therselves, we are all gutted but what the

SouthEnglandHib
19-05-2012, 11:37 PM
The majority in Quinns in London stayed till the end, still packed come 94th min and even after that too

Baader
20-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Fans superb. Board need to decide where this club is heading and what the vision is as we do not deserve seasons like we've endured and days like today. Left after the 5th - the only time I've left before a final whistle.

The main thing this season was to stay up. I really did think we'd win today but with hindsight it was a bad time to make a cup final, given our opponents, with such a poor squad. Hopefully we have a team worthy of that support today soon.

Never give up. GGTTH

lucky
20-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Stayed till the end always do. But today the players and management let us down

woodyloon
20-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Our fans did us proud today , fantastic display and passionate support even when we went 2 down and looked like we couldnae score against Forres mechanics reserve team. If the players had shown half the passion and desire of us 20,000 hibbys inside Hampden it may well have been a different result.

Big thanks to the guys who organized our display , we may not have won on the park but we showed them up off of it.

And a big thanks also to crabbies for providing those flags was great to see a sponsor take an active role in helping support our club , I was reluctant to leave my flag as it was a fantastic gesture by crabbies , however I don't think I could ever have looked at it without remembering the hurt of today so it did indeed get left behind.

I'll second that.

wanted to bring a flag home for my boys but did not want to have the reminder of the result.

Sorry boys.

Billy McKirdy
20-05-2012, 01:26 AM

I also stayed right to the very end

Was touched to see Griffiths come to the fans and throw his boots into the crowd :thumbsup:

It was gutting to lose as we did today, the reasons will be debated from now till kingdom come, but for me and my friends, staying till the players picked up their unwanted losers medal was the least we could do as real fans, I know and understand as a fan that leaving 30/20/10 minutes before the end was an easy choice to make given the circumstances, but come on, could we at least put aside our disappointment and show we really care? (tin hat time), the bus journey home was an amazing experience, we, in spite of our day, broke into song about such things as shortbread, polo mints, and all other random **** to take our minds of what we had just witnessed, that, to me is what being a Hibby is all about, rising above the misery :greengrin, as an aside, when I got back to Edinburgh and was walking past the roundabout at the Loch Inn, the Hibs coach carrying Rod Petrie passed by, I instinctively gave him a cheery wave and got the same in return, so there is hope for us all eh :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
20-05-2012, 01:29 AM

Is 1-3 down any different from 0-2 down? Still a 2 goal deficit. Yet how many left at 1-3 ????

SouthamptonHibs
20-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Left at 4-1 sang on bus on the way home sang in pub after game plus was last one out fingers at 3am this morning wi ma Hibs top on....Hibs fans are class players let us down bigtime....we done our part! Ill be back next season

Jones28
20-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Dissapointing maybe, but as one of the ones that left soon after the fourth I have to say that I didn't feel bad for doing it. The only ones I feel for today are my fellow supporters, who are all hurting. But 10/10 for everyone there yesterday, regardless of whether or not you left. :flag:

MrSmith
20-05-2012, 12:37 PM
We are a brilliant support! Never forget this! 30 years of adversity and penny pinching but we are still here to give our support to our club Hibs! Put all the doom and gloom aside as well as the happy clapping ... what a stunning support we all are!

Yesterday we were hammered, battered, embarrassed, sickened scunnered, suicidal, and just to ge over it all, well done to Hearts! They deserved it for wanting it more and, given the way the players have been treated this year, they are both a credit to their fans and club alike. This makes me incredibly envious and angry! To admit this also helps me to come to terms with yesterdays defeat and realise that our club need us more than ever! I will be back but Mr Farmer and Mr Petrie, we will be watching you and the best thing you could do right now, instead of resign and sell up, is to ensure McPake signs on for next term at any cost!

Be proud today fellow hibees, we have hit the bottom but only one way to go!

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 12:40 PM

:agree: It will pass. Everybody just feels extremely let down and rightly annoyed at the way the team came out - saying "I'll never go back" is a bit extreme.

Golden Bear
20-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I had to contend with baying yams at the other side of the no go area and believe me that made the pain of the the day seem even worse.

I just had to move after the 4th goal went in and skulked off to another area of the ground, hung about for 10 mins before deciding enough is enough and the dream was well and truly over for yet another miserable season.

But I'll be back - you can bet on it.

Squealing pig
20-05-2012, 01:02 PM
thanks to fan in international who gave me ticket for free at 2-1 seemed A good idea at the time. thanks for all the tips on the bus. apart from that day to forget absolute joke. fans were superb yesterday.

Pete
20-05-2012, 01:08 PM
We are a brilliant support! Never forget this! 30 years of adversity and penny pinching but we are still here to give our support to our club Hibs! Put all the doom and gloom aside as well as the happy clapping ... what a stunning support we all are!

Yesterday we were hammered, battered, embarrassed, sickened scunnered, suicidal, and just to ge over it all, well done to Hearts! They deserved it for wanting it more and, given the way the players have been treated this year, they are both a credit to their fans and club alike. This makes me incredibly envious and angry! To admit this also helps me to come to terms with yesterdays defeat and realise that our club need us more than ever! I will be back but Mr Farmer and Mr Petrie, we will be watching you and the best thing you could do right now, instead of resign and sell up, is to ensure McPake signs on for next term at any cost!

Be proud today fellow hibees, we have hit the bottom but only one way to go!

Sums up the way I feel too.

Time for me to unlock the door and show myself to the world again. I'm going to be putting a hibs top on as well. Yesterday wasn't my fault.

davhibby
20-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I agree that most of the support was great yesterday but there was a man sitting behind me yesterday that gave a loud boo at the half time whistle and then left, what is the point in going to the game. We had just played alright for the last 5 mins of the half

DH1875
20-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Stayed till the 85th minute. Wasn't hanging about to watch that lot get the cup. Nothing against the fans who left when the 4th/5th goal went in. What got me was the fans who left when we went 2-0 down. WTF was that all about :grr:.

Leith Green
20-05-2012, 06:10 PM
I agree that most of the support was great yesterday but there was a man sitting behind me yesterday that gave a loud boo at the half time whistle and then left, what is the point in going to the game. We had just played alright for the last 5 mins of the half

Are you joking? So ******g what, that display was worthy of more than being booed off at half time. What a Clown.

Hibs On Tour
20-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Stayed till the 85th minute. Wasn't hanging about to watch that lot get the cup. Nothing against the fans who left when the 4th/5th goal went in. What got me was the fans who left when we went 2-0 down. WTF was that all about :grr:.

WTF was that about? It was about fans who have followed the club all their lives [and we're all the wrong side of 40 now] seeing a performance so lacking in any fight/guts/passion that it was clear this was gonna be a drubbing even at that stage. I'd have quite happily stayed and seen us beaten by more than 5-1 if we'd at least shown we were up for it and the team repaid even a little of the faith shown in them by the fans but it was clear this bunch of journeymen no-marks didn't in the main give a **** about our club or even the occasion itself. Only exceptions [for me] were McPake and Griffiths.

Fair play to everyone who was through yesterday - I only got a ticket through a pal after the public sale had closed but before I heard that was quite prepared to go through on the bus which I'd already booked on and watch the game in the club we'd already booked so seriously gies peace with all that uber-fan stuff eh? [not aimed at you in particular, although I can't see what distinction anyone can or should be making about whether it was 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th goal?]. Won't see me slate anyone for leaving at any stage of that embarassment, likewise you won't see me slating anyone for staying there either. As for the guy giving it billy big-bollocks about the other lad not having a top on - are you for real you nugget? Who died and made you Rod Petrie? Follow the club whatever way you see fit, don't bump your gums about how other fans choose to do so.

<rant over>

I'm_cabbaged
20-05-2012, 07:58 PM
i took me all my will power to stay til that final whistle, but i did. i was disgusted with the amount of people left when the 3rd goal went in, one boy threw his scarf away, no other hibs item on him, obviously wasnt a big enough occasion to buy a top! as he walked by, ma dad shouted see u at the next final ya fair weather supporter! and thats the problem, this guy has probably contributed the £15 he paid for his scarf in as many years but has the cheek to ****** off early complaining!

im hurt but ill support them ever more!

my nineteen year old did that and never had a "hibs top" on, out of pure frustration after the fourth. Hope your no talking about him as he's been as many hibs matches as a lot people twice his age.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 08:16 PM
No *real* fan stuff required here. I'm absolutely all for supporting the team and getting behind them when it matters but at 80 minutes there was no coming back and the players seem to have checked out long before that. Why should I stay back and support quitters?

chorley_fm
20-05-2012, 08:44 PM
WTF was that about? It was about fans who have followed the club all their lives [and we're all the wrong side of 40 now] seeing a performance so lacking in any fight/guts/passion that it was clear this was gonna be a drubbing even at that stage. I'd have quite happily stayed and seen us beaten by more than 5-1 if we'd at least shown we were up for it and the team repaid even a little of the faith shown in them by the fans but it was clear this bunch of journeymen no-marks didn't in the main give a **** about our club or even the occasion itself. Only exceptions [for me] were McPake and Griffiths.

Fair play to everyone who was through yesterday - I only got a ticket through a pal after the public sale had closed but before I heard that was quite prepared to go through on the bus which I'd already booked on and watch the game in the club we'd already booked so seriously gies peace with all that uber-fan stuff eh? [not aimed at you in particular, although I can't see what distinction anyone can or should be making about whether it was 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th goal?]. Won't see me slate anyone for leaving at any stage of that embarassment, likewise you won't see me slating anyone for staying there either. As for the guy giving it billy big-bollocks about the other lad not having a top on - are you for real you nugget? Who died and made you Rod Petrie? Follow the club whatever way you see fit, don't bump your gums about how other fans choose to do so.

<rant over>

top post mate and exactly right.

I'll take a defeat if we've fought for every ball and every player comes off the park after giving his all, I wont accept defeat when 8 or 9 of the team don't bother their erses to turn up and perform in what could be the biggest game in their careers.

I don't think I've seen such a spineless, gutless performance from Hibs. They had the chance to become immortals and heroes to everyone who supports Hibs, instead (and quite rightly so) they should all be binned except McPake, Griffiths and Stevenson.

We need winners at this club, we need the much heralded ' Matty Jack' factor back, we need players who WANT to play and SUCCEED at Hibs, we need players not scared to make the tough tackles, take a booking for the team, show some passion and commitment, fight for every ball, every decision and not accept anything less than 100% from themselves and their team mates.

Hibs don't deserve the fans they have and the fans don't deserve the Hibs they have. We need, deserve and want better

GGTTH

Gez1875
20-05-2012, 09:22 PM
my nineteen year old did that and never had a "hibs top" on, out of pure frustration after the fourth. Hope your no talking about him as he's been as many hibs matches as a lot people twice his age.

this guys was in his 30s and didnt argue with what was said to him

Nakedmanoncrack
20-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Left at 4, strangely enough there were Hearts fans leaving at the same time, some had maybe been thrown out, others casually strolling out from West stand :confused:

A few on the train into Central from Mount Florida as well.

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 09:57 PM

<rant over>

:faf: Yours is my second favourite post of the weekend.

Our support yesterday is the one thing that offers genuine hope for the future. We outsang and outshone the opposition. Transfuse that commitment back into the club and players and we would be a long way down the road to real recovery.