PDA

View Full Version : Pat's still the man for me......

The_Exile
19-05-2012, 06:49 PM
He was tasked with saving us from relegation, job done....so far.

Cup final was a bonus, but boy did that hurt, it hurt Fenlon too, the next few months are some of the most important in our history. Hearts won that cup today with playera they cannot afford, will be a different ball game next year.

I have faith Pat is the Man for the job, he is a winner with a mentality I admire, its sore just now but I'm actually looking forward to next season.

sambajustice
19-05-2012, 06:50 PM
****** pat!

Liam89
19-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Brought in to save us from relegation and did that and delivered 2 hampden days out for the hibs fans. No doubt he's still the man for now!

hibee_girl
19-05-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree, he's got a massive job on his hands this summer clearing all the crap out but I fully believe we have the right man for the job.

He did what was asked of him, he has kept us up, today was a bonus that none of us expected

davhibby
19-05-2012, 07:02 PM
completely agree don't think anyone would have thought that we would get two days out at hampden when he came in

Jim44
19-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Today was disappointing but not unexpected. Fenlon should be given a full season with a clean sheet after succeeding in doing, albeit not very convincingly,what he was brought in to do.

Hiber-nation
19-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't give a monkey's what Fenlon did or didn't do right, he has got to be here long term or we're a joke football club.

lucky
19-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm happy to support him but today he got his team and tactics wrong today

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Still the man

SlickShoes
19-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't give a monkey's what Fenlon did or didn't do right, he has got to be here long term or we're a joke football club.

This post sums it up, we should be done offloading managers, we have been doing it for ages now and each new one does no better than the last, Pat needs a clean slate this summer and see what happens in the league.

If you had told a hibs fan in November we would stay up and be in the scottish cup final they wouldnt have believed you. He done the main task for this year in keeping us in the league now let him actually build a team.

ballengeich
19-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm not convinced by him so far. I think the cup run distracted attention from a lack of improvement in league results since he took over. However, since we appointed him he has to be given a chance to see what he can do next season. At present I fear another relegation battle.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 07:09 PM
As much as today hurts, we need stability.

I don't know if Fenlon will turn things around, but what I do know is that if we continue this manager switching fiasco, we'll only continue to make things more and more unstable.

Even if we get off to the worst possible start next season, I urge the club to be persistent.

3pm
19-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I am pretty angry so I am not thinking with clarity...but I'd give him the 'Ruud Guillit'.

Captain Trips
19-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Not the man at all, I am looking for a lot more than just saving us from a relegation he contributed to us being in.

hibee_girl
19-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Just arrived back in the car.

Firstly well done to the Hibs fans - superb today.

Just watched Pat's interview after the match, and it is clear that he has had enough of the lack of desire in the squad.

The ref was a joke - how Black was not at least a yellow (looked like a red), and Skacel celebrating his first goal right in front of us - I don't know.

Thompson only got the game today, because he had "family reasons" which stopped him doing the last old firm game - wonder what they were - Heart's supporters club meeting......

Pretty sure one of his parents died IIRC

DarlingtonHibee
19-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Pretty sure one of his parents died IIRC

If that was the case apologies, and I'll withdraw the post.

hibee_girl
19-05-2012, 07:20 PM
If that was the case apologies, and I'll withdraw the post.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/cups/scottish-cup/2012/05/15/scottish-cup-final-referee-craig-thomson-i-ll-be-okay-at-hampden-with-my-mum-watching-over-me-86908-23859830/

It also seems he donated his fee from today

Speedway
19-05-2012, 07:20 PM
He did a patch up job that kept us up.

He's as outraged at the players as we are.

scuttle
19-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Ive gave him the benefit of the doubt so far, but i think he is too negative in his approach . Our midfield is all similar types no pace or creativity or ability to run with the ball. I think Oconnor and Griffiths could cause problems for any defence in the Spl given decent service but they are constantly denied it .Our two fullbacks ,well enough said.He brought these players in,hopefully panic signings to keep us up and he lets them all go. We were on the backfoot at the start of both halfs so is he not inspiring them in the dressing room I dont know . He will have to hit the ground running next season with a new team or I dont think he will have the support of the fans for long

scoopyboy
19-05-2012, 08:04 PM

I thought his team was the one most people picked, not sure if his tactics were wrong because of the players performances it was hard to tell.

PeterboroHibee
19-05-2012, 08:06 PM
We cant get rid of another manager. Today was a disaster, and Fenlon has to take some responsibility with the tactics. But theres only so much you do with a group of no hopers and non-tries, and with time and new signings hopefully he can turn us around.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2012, 08:09 PM
He's got a hell of a lot to prove.

The Scottish Cup run papered over a lot of cracks. His league record is pretty apalling.

In saying that I'm a firm.believer we now need stability and give a manager time to try and sort out the shambles of the last 2 or 3 years. Pat may as well be that man.

If the board are true to their word he should have a decent wedge to spend in the summer courtesy of the season ticket sales generated by todays game.

This time next year, provided we aren't in any real danger at Xmas, will be the time to judge him fully.

erskine-hibby
19-05-2012, 08:09 PM
I thought his team was the one most people picked, not sure if his tactics were wrong because of the players performances it was hard to tell.

Looked to me like the "tactics" he employs every game...still waiting to see a plan B...maybe next season eh??

thebigman1875
19-05-2012, 11:03 PM
He was tasked with saving us from relegation, job done....so far.

Cup final was a bonus, but boy did that hurt, it hurt Fenlon too, the next few months are some of the most important in our history. Hearts won that cup today with playera they cannot afford, will be a different ball game next year.

I have faith Pat is the Man for the job, he is a winner with a mentality I admire, its sore just now but I'm actually looking forward to next season.

Impressed with his opinions on the disaster on sportcene, time will tell !

PapillonVert
19-05-2012, 11:09 PM

Yeah, like we have just so many quality players fighting for a place, the sheer amount of choice available must have bamboozled the man! :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, like we have just so many quality players fighting for a place, the sheer amount of choice available must have bamboozled the man! :rolleyes:

Surrendering the midfield was a huge mistake imo, one we keep doing against them. The team should have played with 5 in midfield, we all know we have a poor midfield at the best of times, but against this lot who always play the same way was suicidal from the start.

It would have meant dropping one of the fans favorites, O'Connor or Griffiths, but we never and it was the same old story again, them controlling the game and running out easy winners. Seems to me we just never learn?

marinello59
19-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Surrendering the midfield was a huge mistake imo, one we keep doing against them. The team should have played with 5 in midfield, we all know we have a poor midfield at the best of times, but against this lot who always play the same way was suicidal from the start.

It would have meant dropping one of the fans favorites, O'Connor or Griffiths, but we never and it was the same old story again, them controlling the game and running out easy winners. Seems to me we just never learn?

There was no point in playing O'Connor and Griffiths anyway without a midfield to feed them the ball. A week in Dublin to work on a game plan and that was it?