PDA

View Full Version : The Display

SaulGoodman
19-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Just got back from the game. The only positive I'd like to post is how good the display looked, especially with everyone having a flag, it looked tremendous.

Just want to say thanks to everyone involved as I'm sure it wasn't easy to get it all organised, and at least you can always say you guys put in more effort than the team did! :not worth

Gatecrasher
19-05-2012, 06:49 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/11790_419793441376005_100000360576181_1466459_4699 29287_n.jpg

looked minted :agree: posted this pic on pm board

danhibees1875
19-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Just got back from the game. The only positive I'd like to post is how good the display looked, especially with everyone having a flag, it looked tremendous.

Just want to say thanks to everyone involved as I'm sure it wasn't easy to get it all organised, and at least you can always say you guys put in more effort than the team did! :not worth

I didny get a flag! :boo hoo:

But yeh, the display looked very good. :)

lucky
19-05-2012, 06:52 PM
It was fantastic as was the support up to halftime

19-05-2012, 07:17 PM
:agree: well done everyone! Fans were fantastic today, we did our bit, but the players never did there bit!

Super Leigh
19-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Fantastic display, the fans did everything they could today.

:top marks

derekHFC
19-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Well done to all who organised and funded :aok:

hibee
19-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah well done, my kids spent the whole bus journey home waving their flags at hearts cars and have already asked if they can take them to Easter Road next season!

DarrenSQH
19-05-2012, 07:48 PM
As I was getting my flag back at the end the place was covered with the hibs/crabbies flags. Even after the result I'm surprised the majority were left behind.

The display looked amazing and at least our fans outclassed the jambos with effort.

S.sct
19-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Yip we were 1-0 up before a ball was kicked. Pity about the match. Thanks to all who contributed, brought my flag home for my wee boy who wasn't at the match.

DaveF
19-05-2012, 07:57 PM
As I was getting my flag back at the end the place was covered with the hibs/crabbies flags. Even after the result I'm surprised the majority were left behind.

The display looked amazing and at least our fans outclassed the jambos with effort.

I wouldn't be surprised mate. I meant to take mine with me but in the disappointment totally forgot. I imagine thousands of others were in the same boat.

Great display though :agree:

hibee_girl
19-05-2012, 08:00 PM

I left mine behind because it had 'us v them' and the date on it, I don't need any reminders of today!

The display was fantastic, it looked brilliant. Well done to all involved :agree:

BEEJ
19-05-2012, 08:00 PM

Sadly there were no such flags in the part of the Hibs end of the South Stand that we were sitting.

:dunno:

Pretty Boy
19-05-2012, 08:04 PM
The display was one of few highlights today. Well done to all involved.

down-the-slope
19-05-2012, 08:05 PM
the effort put in by the guys organising - you know who you are :not worth - was tremendous and made me proud to be involved. Was by far the best part of this weekends trip.
If the players had shown half the effort and commitment of the Sect43 guys and volunteers we might have had something to be proud of from the match.

I have to admit to being a bit worried that the North Standers were not going to step up to the mark at 2.55pm...with all the flag waving and no sign of card...when the announcer said welcome the teams and it all went up....must admit I was proud to say I was in a small way involved with my girls....

By the fans...for the fans... (thats how I see it)

Players / managers / owners will and have changed and passed ...we the fans are the club..and will always be there....

At The Edge
19-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Sadly there were no such flags in the part of the Hibs end of the South Stand that we were sitting.

:dunno:

If you were in the south upper or the padded seats we couldn't put flags in those areas, all the south had flags up until the barrier.

BEEJ
19-05-2012, 08:08 PM
If you were in the south upper or the padded seats we couldn't put flags in those areas, all the south had flags up until the barrier.
South upper.

Great work to set up that display though. Well done to the guys that made it happen.:aok:

eezyrider
19-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Yes, 10 out of 10 for the display in the stands. Well done to those who organised it, Maybe we should have had you organising the display on the pitch as well.

EZ

OsloHibs
19-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Looked amazing. Well done all involved :top marks

Sir David Gray
19-05-2012, 08:36 PM
One small complaint.

No flags were left on the seats in the disabled section of the East upper. :boo hoo:

Impressive display in the North Stand though. :agree:

Pity the display on the pitch didn't leave the same impression.

johnbc70
19-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Display looked great, but highlight of my day was finding a great parking space 10 min walk from Hampden. Sums up my day.

Lungo--Drom
19-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Totally agree and second that, the display was brilliant and the effort to organise that must have been immense, managed to get a photo of it maself, well impressed and much much better than the big flag the Jambos had out in the West stand with it's "threat" on it. Not that they needed any.

10/10 for those who organised and took part in the display, BRILLIANT and well done folks!!! That was one bit of today's event that we can be proud of!

TheEastTerrace
19-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Well done to everyone who organised. Great stuff :agree:

The Falcon
19-05-2012, 08:51 PM

:agree:

Well done guys.

Lungo--Drom
19-05-2012, 08:52 PM
P.S. And the flags were brilliant too, a nice touch and glad I never bought one outside from the stall that was selling them for a Fiver.

Where I was in the corner of the South stand a lot of flags got ditched towards the end but I've got two hanging off my bookshelf right now, one light green and one dark green.

Sudds_1
19-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I left mine behind because it had 'us v them' and the date on it, I don't need any reminders of today!

The display was fantastic, it looked brilliant. Well done to all involved :agree:

yep.........threw mine away. Don't want anything to remind me of that today.........

VickMackie
19-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Excellent display and great to see all the flags.

Thanks to all who put the effort in.

I took the material part home for my little cousin. The first flag I had the material came flying off, never to be seen again!

NaeTechnoHibby
19-05-2012, 09:12 PM
The best part of my day today was the Hibs Fans before the game :thumbsup:

From the freindly "take-over" of ASDA for a coffee/tea (us) the ones who bought alchohol and then bought the cups for tea/coffee fir their stuff in the cafe ... all very civilised, even a couple of Yams popped in tae and got a rousing reception :hibees

Then we went to the stadium, just after 2pm, and after about 15 mins it started to fill up and the flags were unveiled when the teams came out to train.

From that moment, tae the match started, we were different class, and I looked around I was really proud of all our fans, young and old... a sea of flags and the sunshine in the north was awesome ::hibees:hibees

My huge thanks to all who organised this and I will contribute to any future stuff :thumbsup: :hibees:hibees

woodythehibee
19-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Take a bow lads, great effort. Best part of today was between 2pm-3pm.

Our fans looked so much more up for it than theirs which is unusual of late and the flags played a huge part in that. :flag:

Long Time Hibee
19-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Absolutely fantastic. Looked brilliant. Well impressed and a huge 'well done' to all involved with the design, set-up and organisation. Pity your efforts weren't rewarded with the Scottish Cup. :not worth

Kaiser1962
19-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I will just echo the sentiments of all so far.

Well done to all who were involved and the S43 guys who drove this. You've been the butt of a few wisecracks on here but today gentlemen, you did Hibernian proud.

LancashireHibby
19-05-2012, 10:49 PM
The display was fantastic. Sect43 guys have been unreal in recent weeks, done us all proud. Wasn't any flags on our row in the North unfortunately as I was hoping to get one for my wee boy, but probably for the best given the 'Us v Them' branding.

madabouthibs
19-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Guys, for the pre-match and player emergence, we won, and it was all thanks to you. :not worth

Considering the season we've had, Sect. 43 has grown and thrived, and you guys completely and utterly trumped the Yam tramps today with your finest work so far. :agree:
Surfers? Streamers? Pfffttt....... Even they were impressed, and no doubt worried until 13 minutes in. :confused:

Onwards and upwards. :flag::flag::flag:

Ottawa Hibs
19-05-2012, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Gatecrasher;3234533]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/11790_419793441376005_100000360576181_1466459_4699 29287_n.jpg

Fantastic Display one and all. it looked absolutely amazing and made me very proud to be a Hibee. With your ingenuity we totally dominated their fans at the outset. Pity the team didn't turn up :(

Thomson1875
19-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Went well and chuffed that we pulled it off, thanks to everyone who donated, and helped out setting up.

Was worried with a few mins to go most where still waving there flags, looked like it was going to fail.. then the teams came out and it all went straight up with a pretty good participation. There surfer wasn't even that big imo, and the words looked like they had no spaces at the top.

Turned out well.

Sammy7nil
19-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Yip well done guys your hard work was well worth it
I was a very proud Hibby at KO the display and flags defo put the Hearts fans gas at a peep for a while.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 11:21 PM
You guys were the one triumph for us today. And it feels good that at a time when the team so completely let us down we were able to take at least something into our own hands.

1875HFC
19-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Fantastic work and effort from all those involved well done

lucky
19-05-2012, 11:37 PM
If only Hibs players had been so organized as the fans it might have been a decent game

PiemanP
20-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Well done to sect43 and all those who helped out.
these guys have been trying to improve the atmosphere at easter road in what has been some of our darkest days recently......their effort is tremendous and should be applauded and encouraged by all fans!! :agree:

semaj64
20-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Yes totally agree a fantastic display made for a super atmosphere. How the team did not take motiviation from that I will never know. They talk about the fans getting behnd them but when we do they let us down. They and the board should know that a successful and entertaining team can bring the fans back and we can have many more displays and backing from the fans. Lets hope the close seaon the hibs backroom work hard to get this club back on its feet.

SlickShoes
20-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Well done guys, it was great to be part of the pre game build up, the atmosphere was fantastic, keep up the good work and it will only get better and better, as much as yesterday hurt there WILL be more cup finals and we will all be there again.

down-the-slope
20-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Fans ARE football...and yesterdays display showed the best of that. We can make a difference and take back some control and influence of our game.
One small example that is both telling to the attitude to fans ...and was funny. During the display set up the Hampden was full of TV people doing bits for news reports to camera...we were asked to keep the noise down...football fans making noise in a football stadium shocker ..........:rolleyes:.so of course we responded positively to the request......and just made all the more noise :greengrin

I think as time moves on my memories of the 18th & 19th of May 2012 will just end at 3.10pm..........leaving some really good memories

Golden Bear
20-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Yesterday's "Display" was the only bright spark in what was a very dismal day.

A big thank you to all concerned and it's a pity that these guys masquerading as Hibs "players" didn't bring the rewards your efforts merited.

.Sean.
20-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Magnificent support - Shame the club don't deserve us.

down-the-slope
20-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I have just wound through recording of build up to see display...just magnificient...and really came across well on TV..and the atmoshphere just amazing...

Close up TV shows you something you could not see in gound...in the tunnel..relaxed Hearts players...Whole hibs team white and looking like they had filled their collective pants....

As teams line up..close up of...Rudi.. pumping up team mates....Garry O...with a face that looks like he was in a Dentist waiting room :no way:...

down-the-slope
20-05-2012, 01:54 PM
bump (for those on other thread asking for pics)

leggeto
20-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Well done to everyone involved in setting up this display,we won the battle in the stands pity the players never won theirs,but we will live to fight another day,will the ****bos not so sure