PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with the slagging

FLHIBS
19-05-2012, 05:27 PM
So, just dreadful, awful, unbelievable no words can describe it........and we are going to take a slagging big time.........I've just had it big time from a Jambo mate.............but showing my Hibs class I sent him the following text.......probably ok for my generation, some of you younger ones might not get away with this...

'No matter what you say, no matter how many times you beat us or whatever cup you win, in our lifetime we will always have the ultimate bragging rights with the 7-0 game, so enjoy your night but when you wake up in the morning you will still have the monkey on your back.........':na na:

I didn't get a reply !

Wotherspiniesta
19-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Get in early with a "well done, enjoy your night"

Pre-emptive strike. It confuses the Yam species.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:33 PM
How about you take it on the chin and accept that they were far better when it mattered?

Theres no come back for this.

The Voice Of Reason
Get in early with a "well done, enjoy your night"

Pre-emptive strike. It confuses the Yam species.

I agree - I have already done that.

SlickShoes
I moved to Glasgow a couple of years ago and no one here cares, most of them didnt even watch the game today, a couple of people may mention how crap hibs are but thats as far as itll go.

If I was still living and working in Edinburgh i would be suicidal on monday evening.

hibee_girl
19-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Going on holiday on Monday, perfect timing!

Liam89
19-05-2012, 05:37 PM
As said before, the only thing for this situation is a "Well done, enjoy your night."

No point in trying to argue as we don't really have much going for us hibees at the moment!

SneakersO'Toole
19-05-2012, 05:37 PM
They have ultimate bragging rights. Any Hibs fan debatong otherwise is kidding themselves.

Gatecrasher
19-05-2012, 05:38 PM
How about you take it on the chin and accept that they were far better when it mattered?

Theres no come back for this.
:agree:

we'll be back though

Hibbyradge
19-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Deny it ever happened.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:41 PM

we'll be back though

Perhaps in another 110 years when the opportunity arises again. Although I can't help but think that we'd still be bottling it against them then!

alibucharest
19-05-2012, 05:47 PM
First off I have to qualify this by saying I don't have any jambo mates but will get a bit of stick from other footie fans.

HIBERNIAN is your team!

We are not Manchester United or Real Madrid or Rantic so we are not glory hunters with lots to boast about but we are Hibernian FC with a proud history and a loyal fan base who have come back from the brink of oblivion.

We had a bad day at the office today and we will take a dooing for a while but our time will come. I believe in the next 10 years.

Given your time again would you be a Hibee or a JT?

Be proud.

Be a Hibee.

GGTTH :flag:

Jim44
19-05-2012, 05:47 PM
So, just dreadful, awful, unbelievable no words can describe it........and we are going to take a slagging big time.........I've just had it big time from a Jambo mate.............but showing my Hibs class I sent him the following text.......probably ok for my generation, some of you younger ones might not get away with this...

'No matter what you say, no matter how many times you beat us or whatever cup you win, in our lifetime we will always have the ultimate bragging rights with the 7-0 game, so enjoy your night but when you wake up in the morning you will still have the monkey on your back.........':na na:

I didn't get a reply !

Well I'll reply for him. A 5-1 humiliation in the Scottish Cup final holds as much kudos in my book as a 7-0 win in a league game on their own ground and as much as I would like to agree with you, I can't ignore a gut-feeling.

Cropley10
19-05-2012, 05:48 PM
How about, "the money you pay for and to players you didn't expect to lose, did you?"

We were interested in Webster, Barr, Hamill and Black, all went to Hearts as they paid more.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-05-2012, 05:56 PM
I have already done the " Well done and enjoy" text. Got a reply to say they are a bit let down that we couldn't get up for the game and make a proper fight of it. On recent cup wins, they rank it below Rangers and Gretna.

essexhibee
19-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Sorry no come back. Take it like a man.

Geo_1875
19-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Well they are the big team after all and they expected to win and they did. So if they feel the need to rub in in it says more about them than us. After all, they pay big wages, sometimes, so they should be winning more than us.

danhibees1875
19-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Deny it ever happened.

:faf:

Loved that, first chuckle since 3:14pm.

Gerard
19-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Well they are the big team after all and they expected to win and they did. So if they feel the need to rub in in it says more about them than us. After all, they pay big wages, sometimes, so they should be winning more than us.

Be gracious in victory and magnaminous in defeat. Football is a great game and always act in a way that is sporting. This is a time to show that losing is a part of life and the positive part is to learn and be better next time.I want hibs to be tenacious and to never give in.

danhibees1875
19-05-2012, 06:07 PM
How about, "the money you pay for and to players you didn't expect to lose, did you?"

We were interested in Webster, Barr, Hamill and Black, all went to Hearts as they paid more.

I had to write-up a proposal for my dissertation next year, went for finance in football. I reckon I'll struggle to avoid just writing a 15,000 word essay on why Hearts are cheating *******s.

FLHIBS
19-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Well I'll reply for him. A 5-1 humiliation in the Scottish Cup final holds as much kudos in my book as a 7-0 win in a league game on their own ground and as much as I would like to agree with you, I can't ignore a gut-feeling.

Na, sorry mate but after having a wee blether with him 20 mins ago, he agreed that is must be dreadful to be a hibby today but probably not as bad as he felt that day...........maybe its a generation thing..........I'd rather lose a final than get gubbed 7-0............but that's just how I feel(and how I cope) and no doubt others feel different

At The Edge
19-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Like most of the replies on here,i replied pretty much the same,
enjoy your night, but tomorrow i'll wake up still a Hibby and i wouldn't have it any other way.

:flag:

chrisski33
19-05-2012, 08:02 PM
sadly the jambos i know say the 6-2 and 7-0 defeats dont matter after this result, they now have full bragging rights over us! but they will never own us!

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Sorry, but who gives a **** what they think?

I support Hibs because I'm a Hibee, the rest just don't matter.

FitbaFolkKen
19-05-2012, 08:09 PM
They have us over a barrel, this is about as grim as it could ever get!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts.... easily the most rubbish Hibs have ever made me feel. The worst of it was knowing that we were out of the game after half an hour, then Hibs surprising us with an unlikely goal, only to let us down again.

For some reason I was convinced this was our year, couldn't be more wrong.:grr:

TheEastTerrace
19-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Sorry, but they will have this up their sleeve for a long time to come. It actually sums up Hibs that we're still crawing about 7-0 forty, yes FORTY, years later. I certainly know what result I'd rather have after today and it ain't 7-0.

Back to the original post, I said enjoy and leave me the ****** alone.

theonlywayisup
19-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Re 0-7, ask yourself which would you prefer. A seven nil victory almost forty years ago or a 5-1 victory in a Scottish Cup Final TODAY, which follows a run of ten other games without defeat. I know which I would prefer and it is not a game forty years ago.

Squealing pig
19-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Re 0-7, ask yourself which would you prefer. A seven nil victory almost forty years ago or a 5-1 victory in a Scottish Cup Final TODAY, which follows a run of ten other games without defeat. I know which I would prefer and it is not a game forty years ago.
my answer is im glad they didnt win the cup(i know) but the teams we have seen and failed this team couldnt lace the boots. to be heros would not. be good for hfc. let paddy build a decent team and take it from there.

hibee62
19-05-2012, 11:04 PM
The answer is, quite simply, hearts have been denied an honourable victory! At the end of the day, they'd probably have won anyway but we will always remember the penalty that shouldn't have been and the red card that wasn't for Black. Without this, they'd probably have won and could hold it over us forever, as it stands, what slim hope we had was cheated away from us!