PDA

View Full Version : They said they would win it and they did just that

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Sums up the difference in mentalities between both clubs.

They turn up knowing that they are going to win, where as we would much rather rely on "hope", "faith" and "luck".

"Hope" never defeats raw determination when it really matters.

We went into that game with the belief that if Hearts played well, we'd get a rogering and thats exactly what happened.

They were first to every ball, they were winning every battle and in the second half, they were doing exactly what we should have been doing from the very start, HOLDING ON TO THE BALL.

We could have had Stanton, Reily and 9 random OAPs on the pitch today and we would have seen far more determination and grit.

I know this, you know this, the entire fanbase knows this, so why don't the club listen and learn from the people who have put up with this ***** most of their lives?

The mentality at the club couldn't possibly be anymore wrong.

zero-seven
19-05-2012, 05:07 PM

They turn up knowing that they are going to win, where as we would much rather rely on "hope", "faith" and "luck".

We went into that game with the belief that if Hearts played well, we'd get a rogering and thats exactly what happened.

They were first to every ball, they were winning every battle and in the second half, they were doing exactly what we should have been doing from the very start, HOLDING ON TO THE BALL.

We could have had Stanton, Reily and 9 random OAPs on the pitch today and we would have seen far more determination and grit.

I know this, you know this, the entire fanbase knows this, so why don't the club listen and learn from the people who have put up with this ***** most of their lives?

unfortunately...i agree 100%

we have a loser mentality, and below average players with hearts the size of a sparrows

you could have dug up smith, ormond , turnbull et al and had a decent go at it today,

no more from me
had enough

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:15 PM
The problem goes way beyond the current sqaud though.

It doesn't matter what players we get rid of and bring in, we push the same spineless mentality on anybody that comes to the club.

Hearts looked like world beaters today, because thats exactly the fear that was in the players minds.

The game was over before the ball was kicked.

ozzie
19-05-2012, 05:18 PM
most of the fans are the same by the way, they are brash, in your face and obnoxious and it never turns round and bites them. we dont want to say anything incase we jinx it.

SlickShoes
19-05-2012, 05:20 PM

By we you mean the players, the fans done well today especially considering the season we have had, many of us went in believing we could do this, the players clearly didn't believe like you said.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:21 PM
most of the fans are the same by the way, they are brash, in your face and obnoxious and it never turns round and bites them. we dont want to say anything incase we jinx it.

You're right.

We can slate their fans for being p***ks all we want, but at least their arrogance reflects on to their team.

We're far too afraid to be arrogant.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:25 PM
By we you mean the players, the fans done well today especially considering the season we have had, many of us went in believing we could do this, the players clearly didn't believe like you said.

Winning isn't just about being confident though, its about being certain.

How many of us actually felt certain that we were going to win today?

The fact that we got battered today, didn't even phase me in the slightest. I felt like I had seen it coming already, regardless of how much I tried to convince myself otherwise.

SlickShoes
19-05-2012, 05:32 PM

The fact that we got battered today, didn't even phase me in the slightest. I felt like I had seen it coming already, regardless of how much I tried to convince myself otherwise.

Aye i suppose, that all comes from watching this hibs team all season though, its been dire throughout, with only 2 home wins is it really a shock that some people become negative and stop going?

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Aye i suppose, that all comes from watching this hibs team all season though, its been dire throughout, with only 2 home wins is it really a shock that some people become negative and stop going?

Nope, no shock what so ever.

The only shock is that Hibs seem to be the only club I know who are completely incapable of raising their game whenever it actually matters. East Fife would have raised their game more today.

They had a chance to make history today, but insted they chose to repeat history by bottling it big time.

SlickShoes
19-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Nope, no shock what so ever.

The only shock is that Hibs seem to be the only club I know who are completely incapable of raising their game whenever it actually matters. East Fife would have raised their game more today.

They had a chance to make history today, but insted they chose to repeat history by bottling it big time.

Like I said to my mate after the game Auchenleck Talbot gave hearts more bother than we did! sad state of affairs!

Just_Jimmy
19-05-2012, 08:06 PM

You're right.

We can slate their fans for being p***ks all we want, but at least their arrogance reflects on to their team.

You are bang on the money. How do we change this tho? We are used to being second best? We have never dominated anyone and we are always always let down when it matters. Their arragance started when they went 12 games unbeaten under Burley and had romanovs immaginary cash proping them up. We have never been in the situation to have any right to act like they do.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2012, 08:15 PM

I was feeling very confident of winning today, ever since the semi final weekend.

That feeling stayed with me all the way up until about 3:15pm today, when they took the lead. From then on, I began to feel that it wasn't meant to be.

I didn't quite expect a 5-1 hammering though. I believe that we are probably the only side in the SPL that Hearts would have beaten by that kind of scoreline today.

gogsy
19-05-2012, 11:26 PM
You're right.

Not arrogant - just moronic.

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Apparently it was the refs fault. Forget the fact that the Hibs team was *****, it was the ref's fault.

gogsy
19-05-2012, 11:34 PM
I was feeling very confident of winning today, ever since the semi final weekend.

That feeling stayed with me all the way up until about 3:15pm today, when they took the lead. From then on, I began to feel that it wasn't meant to be.

I didn't quite expect a 5-1 hammering though. I believe that we are probably the only side in the SPL that Hearts would have beaten by that kind of scoreline today.

Correct - how come all the other pish in the SPL can beat them except us?

Hibernia&Alba
19-05-2012, 11:38 PM
For years we've had an inferiority complex and are usually beaten before kick-off. Today was the low point of that mentality. Not for a single moment did it look like we believed.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Not arrogant - just moronic.

Well if they're morons, what does that make us?

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 11:55 PM
For years we've had an inferiority complex and are usually beaten before kick-off. Today was the low point of that mentality. Not for a single moment did it look like we believed.

You would think that eventually over time, we would move on from the past so we could progress onto the future, but it seems like we're stuck in the past.

We've more or less always had a poor mentality when it comes to derbies, yet we're so used to it that we're afraid to do anything about it.

ChooseLife
19-05-2012, 11:59 PM
After the semi in 06 I decided to take the arrogant cocky approach this time, monday's going to be horrible.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 12:07 AM
After the semi in 06 I decided to take the arrogant cocky approach this time, monday's going to be horrible.

Being arrogant, cocky and in your face only works if the team play that way.
Unfortunately, our players hid away as per usual.