PDA

View Full Version : Apologise Hibs!

Juice-Terry
19-05-2012, 04:43 PM
For meekly surrendering like that. NO excuse.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2012, 04:48 PM
The monies banked.

**** the fans.

The Voice Of Reason
19-05-2012, 05:19 PM
The monies banked.

**** the fans.

Just back - disgusted by the performance.

Fenlon has apologised - see bbc website.

I am numb.

hibee_girl
19-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Soares is doing his apologies on twitter, made me angrier reading them though!

SlickShoes
19-05-2012, 05:26 PM
NO apology can make a blind bit of difference to what we saw today, total capitulation. Shame for the folk investing in a season ticket on the back of the cup run that helped disguise how bad we really are, well disguised it until today.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:28 PM
They could have had their apology letters written out before the game.

The Voice Of Reason
19-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I feel even sorrier for the folk who travelled many miles
To watch that embarrassment.

The players and management can gtf as far as I am concerned.

AL-Qaholik
19-05-2012, 05:48 PM

No such humility from Matt Doherty on his Twitter. Instead he's having a go at 'gingers' and folk in 'minimum wage jobs'. Pure class! :bitchy::bye:

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2012, 05:53 PM

No such humility from Matt Doherty on his Twitter. Instead he's having a go at 'gingers' and folk in 'minimum wage jobs'. Pure class! :bitchy::bye:

so, let me get this right, two players that have just been in a team humiliated in a national cup final, and one of the first things they do afterwards is go on some social networking site on the internet :confused:

MSK
19-05-2012, 06:02 PM
so, let me get this right, two players that have just been in a team humiliated in a national cup final, and one of the first things they do afterwards is go on some social networking site on the internet :confused:What would you expect them to do ..?..they are human beings living in the age o technology ..ffs ..lets not get as low we are criticising them for using their mobile phones ..jeez ****ing o !!!

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2012, 06:06 PM
At the game I thought our fans were absolutely brilliant. Get home and read hibs.net and I realise that most of our fans are nothing of the sort.

You've all given up just as easily as the players that you're slating. Grow a set ffs.

This is the time to rally round not **** on the club when its down.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 06:07 PM
What would you expect them to do ..?

How about going home and taking time to reflect on such a shameful defeat?

Or do they just not feel any shame at all?

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 06:08 PM
At the game I thought our fans were absolutely brilliant. Get home and read hibs.net and I realise that most of our fans are nothing of the sort.

You've all given up just as easily as the players that you're slating. Grow a set ffs.

The club have shat on the fans to be brutally honest.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Which of the many games he didn't show up for is he apologising for?

essexhibee
19-05-2012, 06:11 PM
They should be ****ing hiding in a corner. ****ing spineless *****.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Some guys don't know what support means, the huge numbers that left after the third and fourth goals showed that, and summed up the "pot hunters" for all they are.... One game attendees....

cleanyman
19-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Some guys don't know what support means, the huge numbers that left after the third and fourth goals showed that, and summed up the "pot hunters" for all they are.... One game attendees....

Spot on big man.
Folk were leaving at 2 nil, embarrassing. Now i know we got humiliated but how often do Hibernian reach a Scottish Cup Final? People can leave when they wish but with 40 minutes to go as well as throwing scarves on the park was poor.

hibee_girl
19-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Which of the many games he didn't show up for is he apologising for?

He's basically saying call him **** if we won't but don't accuse him of giving no effort because he gives everything for this club. Then went onto say how he'll always look out for our results etc blah blah

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:28 PM
the club have shat on the fans to be brutally honest.

how ????

MSK
19-05-2012, 06:30 PM
How about going home and taking time to reflect on such a shameful defeat?

Or do they just not feel any shame at all?How do you know they arent hurting ?,...so ****ing what they are tweeting ..bah ****ing humbug ..they are hurt ..we are hurt ..some player tweeted after the game ..get over it ffs !!!

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 06:31 PM
how ????

I'd feel rather embarassed answering that one for you, so i'll leave somebody else who can be bothered to point out the obvious.

7Hero
19-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Baldy I've seen almost a thousand games and been kicked in the teeth enough.

i left at the 4th goal, i am no less of a fan than you are son..

Hibby70
19-05-2012, 06:34 PM

I left just after the 4th because I couldnt stand watching being humiliated by them. After 30 years of being a season ticket holder you can shove your comment.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 06:34 PM
How do you know they arent hurting ?,...so ****ing what they are tweeting ..bah ****ing humbug ..they are hurt ..we are hurt ..some player tweeted after the game ..get over it ffs !!!

No, I wont get over it.

It's an absolute disgrace.

If this is our clubs image, then i'm done.

I can't and will not support that.

col02
19-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Soares will be seen by many as a scapegoat but I personally feel he has been played in completely the wrong role whilst at Hibs. I see him as a player who could do some damage given a free role in a five man midfield. That said he will be away back to his parent club soon along with the other numerous loan signings. I also feel Wotherspoon being excluded from the squad today was an error by the manager as he has more to his armoury than Sproule again imho.

MSK
19-05-2012, 06:37 PM
No, I wont get over it.

It's an absolute disgrace.

If this is our clubs image, then i'm done.

I can't and will not support that.No you wont ..you said a few weeks back you werent going back ..this has prob cemented your case then ..ta ta ..

Fergus52
19-05-2012, 06:38 PM

agree completely!

sadly we're just happy clappers :(

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 06:47 PM
No you wont ..you said a few weeks back you werent going back ..this has prob cemented your case then ..ta ta ..

No I never.

hibee_girl
19-05-2012, 06:48 PM
McPake on twitter now saying we deserve better.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Baldy I've seen almost a thousand games and been kicked in the teeth enough.

i left at the 4th goal, i am no less of a fan than you are son..

Please don't call me son, only one man had that right, and he aint around......OK?

Hibby70
19-05-2012, 06:55 PM
We are all hurting tonight. One group of people are to blame and it aint the fans.

KingFranck
20-05-2012, 07:20 AM

Pot hunters ? I left after the 4th embarrassed by that performance.
I've watched, supported, travelled and spent wages every year on season tickets for years and to be brutally honest this is the worst team for years.
I'm not sure I've seen a more unorganised, unfit team ever
Pot hunter aye ok !

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 07:24 AM
The club have shat on the fans to be brutally honest.

Dont be ridiculous.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 07:31 AM

Aye ok.

Season ticket holder for God knows how many years, since I was about 4 or 5. Travelled a 240 mile round trip every other week for 6 years to watch Hibs, Hibs already have my season ticket money for.next year banked, thousands spent on away trips over the years, hundred if not thousands spent on strips, t shirts, scarves, books, calendars, towels etc etc over the years yet because I left early yesterday all that is wiped out and I'm not a real fan?

Good one.

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Aye ok.

Season ticket holder for God knows how many years, since I was about 4 or 5. Travelled a 240 mile round trip every other week for 6 years to watch Hibs, Hibs already have my season ticket money for.next year banked, thousands spent on away trips over the years, hundred if not thousands spent on strips, t shirts, scarves, books, calendars, towels etc etc over the years yet because I left early yesterday all that is wiped out and I'm not a real fan?

Good one.

I dont blame the guys who left early yesterday as all our hopes dissipated with the sending off and the penalty, then the fourth soon after made it look like it was going to be even worse. Difficult to stomach.

HIBEETILLIDIE
20-05-2012, 07:53 AM
We are all hurting tonight. One group of people are to blame and it aint the fans.

Totally correct, I have supported Hibs for 50 years and. Even after yesterday I am still proud to be a Hibby and that is more down to the guys I watched in the 60's and 70's who gave their all and yes I witnessed the 5-2 and 6-1 drubbings from the Lisbon lions at least both these teams fraught till the death! But one thing that is constant with Hibernian FC is Our penny pinching ways go so far back that it it almost seems that it is our mantra! Gordon Smith released too early, Joe Baker , Colin Stein Pat Stanton and these are just the household names many others who went on to make a name for themselves left due too our frugality and here is how we find ourselves, full of morals but nothing else

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Hearts have been living beyond their means for many a year, so that brings in a much higher calibre of player than what we have.

Yes some of our players bottled it yesterday but can they really be called "our" players?

I think we should thank them for keeping us in the SPL because no matter how much you are hurting this morning, that would have been the worst.

Yes I know we got beat from them "again" but it's over, it's done.

We can now start the rebuilding process , please please please let's get it right this time.

PONGO
20-05-2012, 09:04 AM

What!!! It was so bad . Why should we stay and watch that shower
Of gutless spineless ****ers. Payed good money to see
A team with no desire . If you can, t walk onto a pitch at a cup
Final against anybody and not be up for it ( desire effort
Commitment ) then they don,t deserve the support. I did walk out
Disgusted and the lack of desire . I do go to lots of home and away
Games when i can . I don,t have a season ticket I go to the games I can . So think before you post prick

Hibs90
20-05-2012, 09:06 AM
How do you know they arent hurting ?,...so ****ing what they are tweeting ..bah ****ing humbug ..they are hurt ..we are hurt ..some player tweeted after the game ..get over it ffs !!!

A few of them were out and about last night for a start O'Connor included.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Dont be ridiculous.

Whats ridiculous about it????

All the players needed to do was turn up yesterday and put up a fight.

Yet, they couldn't even give the fans that.

We were well and truly shat on yesterday.

20-05-2012, 09:14 AM
I dont blame the guys who left early yesterday as all our hopes dissipated with the sending off and the penalty, then the fourth soon after made it look like it was going to be even worse. Difficult to stomach.

:agree:

I personally stayed and suffered till the end, but some of the guys in my group left after the 4th and 5th and I don't blame them. They, like so many other hibs fans yesterday, have spent thousands and thousands of pounds on hibs over the years, are season ticket holders, go to most away games, travelled on many trips abroad to see hibs etc. but yesterday was just utterly humiliating. Not only were we getting humped in the SC final but we had to suffer watching the **** fans celebrate and taunt us. The players let us down so badly, we turned up and as usual gave a fantastic support but the players gave us nothing in return and gave a cowardly, uninspiring, pathetic performance so I can completly understand why people gave up watching. I am all for supporting your team through thick and thin, and as hibs supporters we have experienced many horrible times, which we have braved through as fans but yesterday was a new low.

jodjam
20-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Always stay to the end but our group left on the 5th. My seat was last seat in north before segration so standing looking at those twisted , demented faces was more than I could stomach.

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2012, 09:19 AM
What!!! It was so bad . Why should we stay and watch that shower
Of gutless spineless ****ers. Payed good money to see
A team with no desire . If you can, t walk onto a pitch at a cup
Final against anybody and not be up for it ( desire effort
Commitment ) then they don,t deserve the support. I did walk out
Disgusted and the lack of desire . I do go to lots of home and away
Games when i can . I don,t have a season ticket I go to the games I can . So think before you post prick

You were doing so well until this point......:rolleyes:

dp00
20-05-2012, 09:41 AM
The team bus drove past me at the junction of Easter road... Most of the players with a bottle of beer in hand and laughing and joking, wish my journey home was as good

As for them all being out on the piss after the game ? Pretty much tells me everything I already knew and tbh what I think pat Fenlon knows.

Billychaotic182
20-05-2012, 10:09 AM

I left after the 4 goal as I could not take any more. I came all the way from aberdeen spent over 200 pound had to watch my 11 year old nephew cry his eyes out watching it. If i want to leave because I can't take the hurt any more how on earth does that make me a part time fan.

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Whats ridiculous about it????

All the players needed to do was turn up yesterday and put up a fight.

Yet, they couldn't even give the fans that.

We were well and truly shat on yesterday.

Nonsense. We were beaten in a game of football by a team that got the benefit of the doubt on two occassions to help them on their way. We were far from good enough.

But nobody "shat" on anybody.

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2012, 10:26 AM
The team bus drove past me at the junction of Easter road... Most of the players with a bottle of beer in hand and laughing and joking, wish my journey home was as good

As for them all being out on the piss after the game ? Pretty much tells me everything I already knew and tbh what I think pat Fenlon knows.

If that was indeed the case, that the players were drinking, laughing and joking, after that debacle, then they should all be given their p45's IMO.....

Kaiser1962
20-05-2012, 10:29 AM

The only people who show any loyalty in football are the fans. Thats more the case now than ever before.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Apology never enough.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 10:30 AM

****ing joke if true.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 10:31 AM
I left after the 4 goal as I could not take any more. I came all the way from aberdeen spent over 200 pound had to watch my 11 year old nephew cry his eyes out watching it. If i want to leave because I can't take the hurt any more how on earth does that make me a part time fan.

well said mate.

sod all who tell you that:agree:

SneakersO'Toole
20-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Why are people surprised with these reports on the players when you consider they gave us yesterday? Pathetic doesn't come close.

Moving forward, I don't want an empty apology. I want ACTION. The entire club needs a root and branch review/overhaul in terms of its leadership, its culture, its strategy and approach to derby games. Until such wholesale changes are made, the club will continue to underachieve.

HibsMax
20-05-2012, 10:59 AM
We left at 80 minutes. Ordinarily I stay to the end of games but the players left a long time before me. If I thought they put in a good shift then I would have stayed to clap them off the pitch. But they didn't deserve that IMO.

20-05-2012, 11:15 AM

If this is true then that just says it all about the people we have at this club and the attitude, get them booted out the door ASAP. Just shows how little they care about the club and the fans! Yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace, they have succeeded in making the worst day of Hibernian FC history!

We want the players to hurt just as much as us when they loose, but a lot of them in that team wont. They will see it as a disappointment in their career, nothing more. We need players who feel passion for this club and love the club enough not to let days like yesterday happen! With maybe the exception of Sparky and O'Conner who are hibs fans, the rest don't give a toss!

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 11:18 AM
I think we're all sick fed up of watching Hibs play as if they don't have a care in the world.

They deserved to win yesterday but Hibs just didn't make the effort. Big changes are needed this summer

20-05-2012, 11:20 AM
We left at 80 minutes. Ordinarily I stay to the end of games but the players left a long time before me. If I thought they put in a good shift then I would have stayed to clap them off the pitch. But they didn't deserve that IMO.

Thats exactly it. Most fans can accept loosing and would have stayed till the end if the team had put in a good fight and worked their very hardest for the club but the fact is that yesterday they never, they rolled over and gave a weak, cowardly, disinterested, pathetic performance and the players didn't deserve to be applauded at the end IMO. Why should we stay and applaud THAT?! That would make the players think that we thought that was acceptable and it certainly was not. The players have to earn praise.

yeezus.
20-05-2012, 11:22 AM
In the east there was a guy shouting at some of the fans who left after they scored number 4. He was going mental and calling them "cup final fans" - but I couldn't really blame them.

Duffys13
20-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Somebody just sent me this. Made me chuckle, well that's a lie as will be a while before I can manage even a smile.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11862_2232717,00+en-USS_01DBC.html

Bobby's Cinema
20-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Hearts have been living beyond their means for many a year, so that brings in a much higher calibre of player than what we have.

Yes some of our players bottled it yesterday but can they really be called "our" players?

I think we should thank them for keeping us in the SPL because no matter how much you are hurting this morning, that would have been the worst.

Yes I know we got beat from them "again" but it's over, it's done.

We can now start the rebuilding process , please please please let's get it right this time.
Yes. Yes. You're quite right. Well done for keeping Hibernian in the SPL. Deary me

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Nonsense. We were beaten in a game of football by a team that got the benefit of the doubt on two occassions to help them on their way. We were far from good enough.

But nobody "shat" on anybody.

Aye, lets blame referees and we'll also blame "bad luck" while we're at it as well.

We can use these excuses for our derby record as well.

Fact of the matter is, their players care far more about their fans than our players do.

Deny it all you want, but I know it, you know it, everybody else knows it. Our players don't give a ****.

Bobby's Cinema
20-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Aye, lets blame referees and we'll also blame "bad luck" while we're at it as well.

Fact of the matter is, their players care far more about their fans than our players do.

Deny it all you want, but I know it, you know it, everybody else knows it. Our players don't give a ****.
So many cycles of players and managers come and go, yet it remains the same. That's what gets me

hibsmad
20-05-2012, 11:41 AM
You were doing so well until this point......:rolleyes:

At least he was doing well up until that point. Your original post on the other hand...

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Nail hit firmly on the head, they don't realise how much the fans care and hurt, these guys dont carry the passion or pride to pull on a hibs jersey.....

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 11:44 AM
So many cycles of players and managers come and go, but yet it remains the same. That's what gets me

It doesn't matter how many times we switch managers and players. If we don't switch our mentality, then nothing will ever actually change.

We were beaten by players yesterday who played out of their skin, even after all the nonsense they've been through this season. So I can only be drawn to the conclusion that they were playing for their strip and their fans.

As it currently stands, we have no pride.

Jones28
20-05-2012, 11:48 AM

I left a while after their fourth, could not handle it at all. When I realise I was screeming abuse at the ref calling him every name under the sun I left before I offended folk. No need to make a ***** day even worse.

basehibby
20-05-2012, 11:48 AM
A few of them were out and about last night for a start O'Connor included.

I was there to the death but can certainly sympathise with those that decided enough was enough after the game was effectively over as a contest 5 mins into the 2nd half.

What I DO find absolutely incredible and totally objectionable is that ANY of the Hibs team had the brass neck to show their faces in public last night after that debacle. Any player that was out last night has no professional pride whatsoever and should be given their jotters imediately IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
20-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I was there to the death but can certainly sympathise with those that decided enough was enough after the game was effectively over as a contest 5 mins into the 2nd half.

What I DO find absolutely incredible and totally objectionable is that ANY of the Hibs team had the brass neck to show their faces in public last night after that debacle. Any player that was out last night has no professional pride whatsoever and should be given their jotters imediately IMO.

They should have gone into hiding like they did during the match, sadly this drinking culture even after shambolic displays, sums up everything that is wrong with our great club....

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2012, 12:06 PM
They should have gone into hiding like they did during the match, sadly this drinking culture even after shambolic displays, sums up everything that is wrong with our great club....

Yip if they had any feeling for the club, they'd have pissed off home not showing their faces for quite a while, they were a disgrace yesterday, why they feel the need to parade themselves out in town tells me all i need to know about just how much they care about our club.

As for folk leaving early, and being pot hunters, One game attendees. There's a reason for that BF, they kick us in the baws every time we get a chance to get those fans on board.

This team/club make me sick to the stomach sometimes, is it possible to hate something you keep going back to?:boo hoo:

IanFaeClerrie
20-05-2012, 12:08 PM

Stayed to the end - always do - god knows why and I certainly don't blame anyone for leaving early. To avoid all the Hertz cars, I took the train to Newton, M73 / M80 / M876 / M9 and came off early out to the bridge and back in the A90 to the Maybury to drop my mate off with scarves oot the windaes all the way. I wonder if anyone who was there will agree that 1972 was a lot worse than that. In '72 we really believed we would win with a fabulously talented young team. Luckily I got arrested in '72 just after we made it 1-2. If I had been Fenlon yesterday, I would have told the players that they had to make their own way home

HKhibby
20-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I feel even sorrier for the folk who travelled many miles
To watch that embarrassment.

The players and management can gtf as far as I am concerned.

Totally agree with you!, i feel very sorry for people that have travelled 1000s of miles etc..., thats just one reason i didnt even bother to look at getting a flight let alone a ticket!

HKhibby
20-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Stayed to the end - always do - god knows why and I certainly don't blame anyone for leaving early. To avoid all the Hertz cars, I took the train to Newton, M73 / M80 / M876 / M9 and came off early out to the bridge and back in the A90 to the Maybury to drop my mate off with scarves oot the windaes all the way. I wonder if anyone who was there will agree that 1972 was a lot worse than that. In '72 we really believed we would win with a fabulously talented young team. Luckily I got arrested in '72 just after we made it 1-2. If I had been Fenlon yesterday, I would have told the players that they had to make their own way home

Wouldnt blame anyone myself for leaving early from a game that bad!, i live in Hong Kong, and left one bar at the 70 minute mark, and went to watch the West Ham game! far better game all round, plus i like West Ham as well

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Yip if they had any feeling for the club, they'd have pissed off home not showing their faces for quite a while, they were a disgrace yesterday, why they feel the need to parade themselves out in town tells me all i need to know about just how much they care about our club.

As for folk leaving early, and being pot hunters, One game attendees. There's a reason for that BF, they kick us in the baws every time we get a chance to get those fans on board.

This team/club make me sick to the stomach sometimes, is it possible to hate something you keep going back to?:boo hoo:

Matt Doherty is on Twitter asking what he should do today.

Might suggest to him he has a whip round the sqaud to.reimburse the fans for yesterday. Or even a small show of humility would be nice.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Matt Doherty is on Twitter asking what he should do today.

Might suggest to him he has a whip round the sqaud to.reimburse the fans for yesterday. Or even a small show of humility would be nice.

He's a cheeky twat, he can piss off back to Wolves if he wants my opinion?

Colin191078
20-05-2012, 12:29 PM
These players aren't good enough simple as that barring 1 or 2, gutless, heartless and have limited ability, second worst team in the spl says it all, 2 or 3 years now the standard of players being brought to the club has been well below average and if this goes on we will continue to be in the bottom of the bottom 6, we've had more bad times than good but continue to support the team, surely we deserve better than such a pitifull performance in a derby cup final, the players yesterday certainly didn't deserve the performance of 24,000 fans

bingo70
20-05-2012, 12:31 PM
He's a cheeky twat, he can piss off back to Wolves if he wants my opinion?

Agree, decent player but comes across as an absolute weapon IMO.

Alfred E Newman
20-05-2012, 12:48 PM

.No way was 1972 worse than that. I would not swap one of the 72 team for any of yesterday's imposters.

Sir David Gray
20-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Not interested in the slightest in an apology.

It won't change anything, it won't get us another chance at winning the biggest match in the club's history, it won't erase the hammering that we took yesterday and it won't change the absolutely sickening feeling that I've been experiencing since about 4:30pm yesterday.

I heard Fenlon's comments yesterday about the need to change the attitude and mentality of our players from now on and that's about the only thing that's giving me any hope at the moment - the fact that our manager recognises that the players we have at the moment do not have the required mentality to be at a club like Hibs is slightly encouraging and I just hope that he's allowed to make the necessary changes in the summer to allow us to move forward and make improvements.

We really are at a crossroads at the moment and we are in a very bad place right now. We came very close to being relegated this season and we have now just had one of the worst results that we could possibly ever have imagined.

If we don't make changes now then we will continue to get even worse and I have no doubts at all that we'll be relegated at some point over the next few seasons.

IanFaeClerrie
20-05-2012, 01:15 PM
and we have now just had one of the worst results that we could possibly ever have imagined.

I think we are all aware that it could have been a lot worse yesterday and if JJ had been Hertz Manager, he would have made sure it was - we got off lightly with the worst performance I've seen from our team. I expected us to get hammered and, after last week in Inverness when I saw how little in depth ability we had in our squad, I thought it could have been 7 or more even before the game started yesterday. Last week, I was disappointed to see how unready Ian Murray was for the game but I am now of the belief that if we had played Callum Booth at LB and Ian Murray and David Wotherspoon instead of Claros and Soares, they would have given us a much greater commitment. Personally, I forgot about the score and was genuinely surprised to see the 5 at the end - I thought it was 6. It really was the same rubbish we've seen all season.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Not interested in the slightest in an apology.

It won't change anything, it won't get us another chance at winning the biggest match in the club's history, it won't erase the hammering that we took yesterday and it won't change the absolutely sickening feeling that I've been experiencing since about 4:30pm yesterday.

I heard Fenlon's comments yesterday about the need to change the attitude and mentality of our players from now on and that's about the only thing that's giving me any hope at the moment - the fact that our manager recognises that the players we have at the moment do not have the required mentality to be at a club like Hibs is slightly encouraging and I just hope that he's allowed to make the necessary changes in the summer to allow us to move forward and make improvements.

We really are at a crossroads at the moment and we are in a very bad place right now. We came very close to being relegated this season and we have now just had one of the worst results that we could possibly ever have imagined.

If we don't make changes now then we will continue to get even worse and I have no doubts at all that we'll be relegated at some point over the next few seasons.

I don't think we are any further on than we were when JC was at the Healm.

JC recognised way back then there was a problem with player mentality,
I've heard him talk about it a trillion times.
He wanted to change the way players trained, ate, and the way they take care of their bodies. A whole new life style change.
I was excited to say the least hearing him talk about how our team would be the fittest in the league.

I'm hoping RP can learn from that period and maybe do things different.
Back PF to the hilt for the next three seasons and then reevaluate.

Change is a must but not the manager again, please!

c31
20-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Change is a must but not the manager again, please!

Yes it must --- Fenlon is the cheap option once again by Hibs, to active a level we want i.e. a major club in Scottish football we will need to spend appropriately to get there.

Pat Fenlon is from the lower rated league in Ireland and going by his decisions since he joined us that is his level. I have seen nothing that will convince me he is the man, his signings in January are some of the worst players seen at Easter Road, add that to Calderwood's misfits we have what we got yesterday, an embarrassment.

There are plenty of managers available just now that will be able to mould Hibs, Mcleish and Mowbray did it, Collins was about to but Rod allowed the players to dictate and has done ever since.

Is all about money, and until we spend and blend players in to a team we will continue to have season like this.

LeithBoozy
20-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Nail hit firmly on the head, they don't realise how much the fans care and hurt, these guys don't carry the passion or pride to pull on a Hibs jersey..... You can have the best players in the world and guys that do care. But if you have a biased yam basta ref, you wont win any game. The posters on here, forewarned weeks ago about this clown. So yes, we can blame him and our bad luck he was ever born.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;3236591] You can have the best players in the world and guys that do care. But if you have a biased yam basta ref, you wont win any game. The posters on here, forewarned weeks ago about this clown. So yes, we can blame him and our bad luck he was ever born.

The ref certainly made dodgey calls yesterday, theres no getting away from that fact.

He didn't however cost us the game.

Everybody at the club (excluding the fans) should be utterly ashamed of themselves.