PDA

View Full Version : Well despite everything thanks to all

heidtheba
19-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Ok - I'm going to have a pop for a positive thread.
I wasn't interested in football when I was at uni, never had been and couldn't name more than three or four players. Around about Jan 27 1993 my mate at university took me to see Rangers play Hibs at Easter Road. We lost 3-4 but hey ho. I bought a season ticket for 94/95 and 95/96 and attended most home games from that day in 93 until 98.
I thought that not going to see a match for fourteen years would mean that my love of football was a 'fad'. I've never been a big one to watch football in the pub so it seems that Hibs has been the constant.
I don't go to the games for a variety of reasons and I was damned if I was suddenly going to turn up for the big one today.
So where is all this ramble leading to?
A big thanks to each and every person on here for making the past few years actually quite enjoyable, even if the football wasn't. I signed up in frustration after the Nade Cup game back in 09 and became ill for months after so I became kinda hooked on this site.
From the highs of watching Hughes first few matches, the signings of some 'top' players (and hertz being pumped out of Europe that season) to the 'what was that yellow truck' chat which dominated a Hibs game earlier this season when the football was eyebleeding stuff this website accompanied me as an armchair fan. I've laughed out loud at some of the things on here, felt like tearing my hair out while following threads to matches not covered by the media, to feeling like sobbing a bit just now. Its funny how a website with people you've never met can show you how you still love a football club. (can you say you love a club if you don't go? I think you can). We lost today and no doubt we will win some and lose some in the future but its nice to be part of this community.
So just a wee thanks to all the regulars on here for making me feel that hibs was still my team. :hibees
Onwards n upwards.