PDA

View Full Version : Heading off to Sydney venue soon

Forza Fred
19-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Would have loved, and probably been expected by most that know me - to be at Hampden today, but with my missus undergoing a hip replacment on Monday it just wasn't possible, so its Scruffy Murphy's in Sydney for me.

Dont worry', missus progressing well - ánd Bolton Hibee has already suggested I'm getting soft in my old age by not flying over for the final regardless!!

In a few minutes the taxi will be tooting his horn, and it will be a quick stop at the hospital before grabbing a train into town and trying my very best to stay reasonably sober until the midnight kick off time!l

I'm over an hour away from the city centre and like many Hibbies have booked a hotel room in the city centre should we need to trek back from Scruffy's and ome sleep until the trains start running again in the morning - although obviously if we win we'll be drinking all night and it will only be used to pick up my bag and eventually head home.

Will be thinking of, and extremely jealous of - everyone who the cameras will pan on during the match - and I think its indicative of what this team means to us all that in every corner of the world, in numerous time zones, HIbs supporters will all be concentrating all their waking energies on a victory!

In the grand scheme of things it doesnt really matter if I am there or not, just so long as we win, and I truly believe we can.

As I say I can't be there today. but give them a cheer for me, and the thousands of others like me who couldn't make it back for various reasons, and I'll see you all in the flesh next year when I return, hopefully, to see us defend it.

Glory Glory to The Hibees

hibeedonald
19-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Would have loved, and probably been expected by most that know me - to be at Hampden today, but with my missus undergoing a hip replacment on Monday it just wasn't possible, so its Scruffy Murphy's in Sydney for me.

Dont worry', missus progressing well - ánd Bolton Hibee has already suggested I'm getting soft in my old age by not flying over for the final regardless!!

In a few minutes the taxi will be tooting his horn, and it will be a quick stop at the hospital before grabbing a train into town and trying my very best to stay reasonably sober until the midnight kick off time!l

I'm over an hour away from the city centre and like many Hibbies have booked a hotel room in the city centre should we need to trek back from Scruffy's and ome sleep until the trains start running again in the morning - although obviously if we win we'll be drinking all night and it will only be used to pick up my bag and eventually head home.

Will be thinking of, and extremely jealous of - everyone who the cameras will pan on during the match - and I think its indicative of what this team means to us all that in every corner of the world, in numerous time zones, HIbs supporters will all be concentrating all their waking energies on a victory!

In the grand scheme of things it doesnt really matter if I am there or not, just so long as we win, and I truly believe we can.

As I say I can't be there today. but give them a cheer for me, and the thousands of others like me who couldn't make it back for various reasons, and I'll see you all in the flesh next year when I return, hopefully, to see us defend it.

Haha your going early! ill be there about 9, could be talking 70/80 of us here!

reservoir hibee
19-05-2012, 03:40 AM

i concur... my story is slightly different what with job and visa stuff but im there in the way i can be!!! just trying not to drink to early as you say fred

WellingtonHibby
19-05-2012, 03:49 AM
We're mooching about Sydney already. Will be heading to scruffys about half eight. Cant wait to get in there and get this party started!

Ozyhibby
19-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Watched the 2004 league cup final there v Livi. Apart from the result it was a great night. Have fun.
GGTTH