PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Hibees enjoy your day.

Hibernian blade
18-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm afraid I dont post on here very much at all these days. I look in and read but never really respond to what I read,not sure why. However tonight after a few beers I feel the need to post.
For those of you who don't know me,.
I first started travelling up to Easter road in the snowy winter of 2005. Age 42 and with two nippers in tow we soon went from the odd game to season ticket holders. One week at Easter road the next at Bramall Lane. I had followed Hibernian since the age of 8 when in 1971 I saw a picture of Pat Stanton in the wonderful green and white and I was hooked forever. Coincidentally I also swapped my allegencies from "the other" Sheffield club in 1971, so I have followed Hibernian and Sheffield United for roughly the same amount of time.

On my trips to watch Sheffield United I have told my stories to many a blade about my treks up north to watch the hibees. This set of a certain amount of curiosity amongst blades fans and a fair few started to watch out for the Hibees results. One day a fellow blade decided to accompany me up there. We draw 4-4 I believe with Dundee and he to was hooked. He travelled up with me from then on and then when I was skint on his own .
Before long a core of Sheffield United fans numbering about twenty simply through word of mouth started making the long trek across the border in search of the Hibee drug. Any home game now will see 4-6 of us amongst the crowd.

Tomorrow through financial reasons I will not be there. But I will be at home with four other Sheffield Hibees watching on tv and praying for a win. There is a virgin Hibee blade who will be there tomorrow his first Hibee game, what a debut it will be for him if we win.
I have been asked countless times which team I would choose if we were to ever meet in a competitive game, in europe for example. Quite honestly I could not choose one team over the other, I love them both passionately. Thankfully they are both so pish it's not something I ever need worry about.
To all my Hibee friends have a great day tomorrow, to the Sheffield Hibees I hope the journey is worthwhile. If the voice at the side of you in the pub or in the ground talks with a broad yorkshire accent, make them feel welcome like you always do me, they're probably my mates from Sheffield.

GGTTH !!!!!! :flag:

Jonnyboy
18-05-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm afraid I dont post on here very much at all these days. I look in and read but never really respond to what I read,not sure why. However tonight after a few beers I feel the need to post.
I first started travelling up to Easter road in the snowy winter of 2005. Age 42 and with two nippers in tow we soon went from the odd game to season ticket holders. One week at Easter road the next at Bramall Lane. I had followed Hibernian since the age of 8 when in 1971 I saw a picture of Pat Stanton in the wonderful green and white and I was hooked forever. Coincidentally I also swapped my allegencies from "the other" Sheffield club in 1971, so I have followed Hibernian and Sheffield United for roughly the same amount of time.

On my trips to watch Sheffield United I have told my stories to many a blade about my treks up north to watch the hibees. This set of a certain amount of curiosity amongst blades fans and a fair few started to watch out for the Hibees results. One day a fellow blade decided to accompany me up there. We draw 4-4 I believe with Dundee and he to was hooked. He travelled up with me from then on and then when I was skint on his own .
Before long a core of Sheffield United fans numbering about twenty simply through word of mouth started making the long trek across the border in search of the Hibee drug. Any home game now will see 4-6 of us amongst the crowd.

Tomorrow through financial reasons I will not be there. But I will be at home with four other Sheffield Hibees watching on tv and praying for a win. There is a virgin Hibee blade who will be there tomorrow his first Hibee game, what a debut it will be for him if we win.
I have been asked countless times which team I would choose if we were to ever meet in a competitive game, in europe for example. Quite honestly I could not choose one team over the other, I love them both passionately. Thankfully they are both so pish it's not something I ever need worry about.
To all my Hibee friends have a great day tomorrow, to the Sheffield Hibees I hope the journey is worthwhile. If the voice at the side of you in the pub or in the ground talks with a broad yorkshire accent, make them feel welcome like you always do me, they're probably my mates from Sheffield.

Brilliant post Roy. :top marks Sorry you couldn't make it up for the game

One Day Soon
18-05-2012, 10:24 PM

Great post. Make sure you turn your bit of Sheffield green tomorrow bud.

monktonharp
18-05-2012, 10:33 PM

GGTTH !!!!!! :flag: there are a couple of guys from Sheffield travelling on one of the Milton Mowbray buses tommorow. they are meeting cousins I think, dont know if they are blades or owls . will check though

PatHead
18-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!C'mon the Hibs.