PDA

View Full Version : All Our Dreams.

Thecat23
18-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I struggled to think how I could put exactly what I feel into words. Our greatest day in the history of this beautiful club is less than 24 hours away. I think back to my very first game a midweek game funnily enough in the cup against Dumbarton. We won 3-0 and remember reaching the top of the stairs in the old shed and seeing the brightest green I have even seen from the pitch. My dad told me i actually froze. I have suffered like the rest of you and some have longer than others. Tomorrow this heartache could finally end. But to end it against them is stuff we all no doubt have dreamed of.

Some reading this will wonder if they will ever see Hibs win the cup or reach a final again. Others will be just starting out their lives supporting the famous green & white. From my heart I pray we can do this tomorrow. For every fan that has passed and for every fan that is here to see it. Lets walk to hampden not with fear but with hope, lets walk to Hampden thinking of that moment of overwhelming euphoria and gripping our loved ones and friends harder than you have ever hugged anyone in you're life. Tomorrow lets shout as loud as you have ever done, everyone is behind you from all corners of the world.

Its time to put our schoolboy dreams into reality and witness history....... IT'S OUR TIME, IT'S OUR CUP, IT'S OUR DESTINY....But just for now.... It's still our dream!

May god bless Hibernian FC tomorrow and all involved. :flag:

tartanhibee
18-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I put my 7 month old son to bed tonight and said goodnight god bless as usual but I also muttered the words tomorrow night we'll be cup winners. I hope my dreams and everyone's else's come true tomorrow I have never felt this way about a football match ever my stomach is in knots and I know I will feel every emotion tomorrow. I know I sing louder than ever tomorrow and believe that as in the words of the song she's coming with us back home to Leith.

Thecat23
18-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I put my 7 month old son to bed tonight and said goodnight god bless as usual but I also muttered the words tomorrow night we'll be cup winners. I hope my dreams and everyone's else's come true tomorrow I have never felt this way about a football match ever my stomach is in knots and I know I will feel every emotion tomorrow. I know I sing louder than ever tomorrow and believe that as in the words of the song she's coming with us back home to Leith.

I also just put my wee boy to bed, he's 22 months. Pretty much done the same as yourself mate. I was near welling up if i'm honest.

coco22
18-05-2012, 07:55 PM

so true, a deep breath and a shiver every time the same thought goes through my head!

IWasThere2016
18-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Lots of tears tomorrow as we experience the joy for the first time in living memory. This is OUR time! :thumbsup:

burghhibs
18-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow and bring on all the emotions, I just hope its our day.
May even be saying a prayer or 2 later tonight.
Its our Time! :thumbsup:

Thecat23
18-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Lots of tears tomorrow as we experience the joy for the first time in living memory. This is OUR time! :thumbsup:

Better believe it :agree: Enough is enough, we have all waited to long for this but that wait will be worth it when OUR captain goes up those steps and the roar when he lifts that trophy, Hampden will need a new roof come sat evening.

Biggie
18-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Never known so many hibbies thinking "this is our time".....a chance to wipe out that record, a chance to shut "them" up....all hibbies have the same dream, and when you've seen as many defeats as we have, you begin to wonder if it will ever happen.

Tomorrow we all go with the same dream, and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it in check tomorrow if we win. 50 years of disappointment wiped out for me and 110 years of under-achievement wiped out for our club...please let that be so tomorrow.
I will fully understand thousands of hibbies greetin tomorrow...I think it will be a very emotional day for us.

Thecat23
18-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Never known so many hibbies thinking "this is our time".....a chance to wipe out that record, a chance to shut "them" up....all hibbies have the same dream, and when you've seen as many defeats as we have, you begin to wonder if it will ever happen.

Tomorrow we all go with the same dream, and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it in check tomorrow if we win. 50 years of disappointment wiped out for me and 110 years of under-achievement wiped out for our club...please let that be so tomorrow.
I will fully understand thousands of hibbies greetin tomorrow...I think it will be a very emotional day for us.

I know for a fact the tears will come if we do it. It's to much to handle. All the pressure lifted in a winner.

rcarter1
18-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Dreams can come true, and if not we carry on dreaming...:flag:

Just_Jimmy
18-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Even if we dont, Ill still wake up on Sunday morning glad Im a Hibernian support and not one of them!

Long Time Hibee
18-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Summed it up for me Hibs7_0. A couple of years younger than you and pray that this heartache will finally be over. I am certain that tears will be flowing if we can win the cup. Please, please, please let this be OUR day. GGTHH :flag:

Ryan91
18-05-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm one of the fortunate one's - I've been a Hibby since I was about 5 or 6 and as such only had to wait 10 years as a Hibby to see them lift a trophy.

I've been to the Scottish Cup Final before in 2001 (although I can't remember much due to being in something like row ZZZ in the West stand and thus being unable to see anything) and remember crying my eyes out when we lost and being told that coming so close and failing to win is all part of being a Hibby.

Tomorrow is the best chance we have had in a LONG time to put paid to this 110 year wait of ours. I am a bundle of nerves and I doubt I'll be able to sleep much tonight but tomorrow I am confident in seeing that most Holy of Grails being adorned with Green and White ribbons.

This is OUR time to shine. This WILL be the greatest moment in our entire history.

GGTTH - Now let's bring home the cup!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:
:pfgwa