PDA

View Full Version : Club response re ticket bandits

leithman
18-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Good afternoon,

Firstly, please accept my apologies for not responding sooner, and thank you for your email.

I personally do share your frustration, I have too seen ads such as these, and it makes my blood boil to think people are using an occasion such as the cup final to extort money from genuine fans. Regretfully from a club and operational point of view, there is nothing we can do to avoid this happening. Once the purchaser of the tickets has them, they are his or her property to do with what he or she wishes. Tickets being sold for much more than their face value is a problem which faces all ticketed events, ie the Olympic games, music concerts etc, not just football games. You’re right, it shouldn’t happen, but I’m afraid, while there are people willing to pay silly money for what is essentially an hour and a half event, then it will, and there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop it.

From a club level, we did our utmost to try and stop this happening, by only selling tickets to people who have a connection to the club, be it as a season ticket holder, or a member of the database. It was thought that this way, at least we can be sure of selling to people who hold season tickets, or have recently been to games, people who will actually attend the game and not sell them on. Unfortunately this hasn’t been the case, but we feel we did all we could.

Many thanks for your email, and for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards

Fair comment from the club. Given the number of tickets sold, The number being touted about isn't that high.
Thanks to the club for the response. I suppose you don't get these problems if you don't get to finals.
In that case, lets hope for many more such situations

GGTTH

:flag::top marks:flag:

WindyMiller
18-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't blame people for paying over the odds for a game of this importance, but if I was in that position I'd be contacting the club wit the seat number on Monday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Some of the prices that I have seen on e-bay have been horrific. If I needed a ticket that badly IMO I would have bought a season ticket, as some of the prices have not been a kick in the erse off that. Least that way, the money would have gone to the club and not into someone's hipper.

ginger_rice
18-05-2012, 05:12 PM
It could be they are tickets from "member clubs" rather from Hibernian? I got mine that way, at face value I hasten to add.

neilmartinrocks
18-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Some of the prices that I have seen on e-bay have been horrific. If I needed a ticket that badly IMO I would have bought a season ticket, as some of the prices have not been a kick in the erse off that. Least that way, the money would have gone to the club and not into someone's hipper.

nothing to do with some folk putting in over the top bids that they had no intention of honouring.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't blame people for paying over the odds for a game of this importance, but if I was in that position I'd be contacting the club wit the seat number on Monday.

There is not much the Club can do, if you look at there response, they are aware, they don't like it happening, but it is really out of their hands

tamsonsbairn
18-05-2012, 10:49 PM
What happened with the tickets that were up for grabs at the Dunfy match. Were all the people pulled out of the hat on the Hibs database. I seem to recall that people were buying tickets from the sales pods and weren't asked for ID or if they were actually on the database.

vein
18-05-2012, 11:34 PM
What happened with the tickets that were up for grabs at the Dunfy match. Were all the people pulled out of the hat on the Hibs database. I seem to recall that people were buying tickets from the sales pods and weren't asked for ID or if they were actually on the database.

When I went to get mine I was asked if was on the database. As I'm on it I gave the guy my details and could see a record of the purchase on eticketing the next day.

The guy in front of me wasn't on the database though and just had to give his name and address to get his tickets.