PDA

View Full Version : Credit where credit is due

Ross4356
18-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I think Hibs deserve massive credit for the way they handled the tickets sale.

Guaranteed ticket for season tickets holder for this year and next

Guaranteed ticket for members

Guaranteed ticket for members of Hibernian (As long as they bought before 31/12/11)

Public sale open to anyone on the database inc. season ticket holders/members who could buy 1 more ticket to go with the 1 they had bought in the priority sale.

Pretty much all basses covered with the exception of overseas fans and walk up fans (who have never bought an away ticket in their name), however walk up fans could have bought a ticket for the Dunfermline game from the ticket office up till 6pm on that matchday, thus getting themselves on the database and being eligible in the public sale.

:top marks

Winston Ingram
18-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Couldn't agree more:agree:

Hibs Class
18-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Agree they've done well to get through it but I think there are lessons to be learned as well, including better communication - for example, the initial announcement on the website said that applications could be handed in, posted, emailed or faxed. I never bothered arranging time off to hand in as I intended emailing it. That option was then taken away and by the time I could get down to hand mine in (second visit as on the first I discovered our TO has a boarded up letterbox!) all North stand tickets were gone.

shaunsinky
18-05-2012, 11:29 AM
i agree they did handle it correctly but the only snag there is they were asking walk ups to go to the booths, and they were cash only so there was still no way of getting on the database.

1two
18-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I agree but still think a points system would be useful in future

lyonhibs
18-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Agree in principle, but having 0131 661 1875 and 0844 844 1875 option 2 both ring out to a dead end voicemail really wasn't good enough.

PeeJay
18-05-2012, 11:59 AM
I think Hibs deserve massive credit for the way they handled the tickets sale.

Pretty much all basses covered with the exception of overseas fans and walk up fans (who have never bought an away ticket in their name), however walk up fans could have bought a ticket for the Dunfermline game from the ticket office up till 6pm on that matchday, thus getting themselves on the database and being eligible in the public sale.

:top marks

I'm an overseas fan and I got my cup final ticket courtesy of having a Hibs TV season ticket - so well done to the club from me too :greengrin

Deeklipse
18-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Not impressed with the fact that the eTickets site (still) does not work with Safari or Chrome or iOS but it took me a 90 min wait in line to be reminded of this by which time I'd pretty much missed my chance.

Seveno
18-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I was speaking to a Jambo ST holder yesterday that queued up for 5 hours to get her ticket.

Told her that I got mine by post. :greengrin

HFC07
18-05-2012, 12:13 PM
It could of been simpler, instead of filling out forms -
turn up to hibs show you season ticket - pay for final ticket get handed ticket (5 minutes process) job done.

Why all the hassle with forms and waiting on delivery, my old man is still waiting on his tickets if they are not in the post today he is royal screwed.

So yeah well done for getting through it but surely there is a similar process to do it. If there is a hard way to do something hibs will find it

Littlest Hobo
18-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Apart from making an arse of posting them ( put down for collection in error) then ye well done, can't be easy to process that many tickets without upsetting a few.

StevieC
18-05-2012, 12:31 PM
The only gripe I really had was that they differentiated between "Early Bird" season ticket holders and those that had not yet renewed.

I appreciate it was a marketing opportunity that they cashed in on, but I'd still have hoped that they would have rewarded the two previous years of dross rather than making a "fast buck" on forced renewals.

marinello59
18-05-2012, 12:39 PM
The club made it a relatively stress free process from start to finish with who was eligible, cut off dates etc clearly defined early on. The forms were cumbersome for multiple applications but simple enough to fill in. Yes, there were errors made with some individuals and hopefully they will be resolved for everybody in time for tomorrow. I know from previous experience that the club will go well out of their way to rectify things if they possibly can.

LancashireHibby
18-05-2012, 01:32 PM
It could of been simpler, instead of filling out forms -
turn up to hibs show you season ticket - pay for final ticket get handed ticket (5 minutes process) job done.

Why all the hassle with forms and waiting on delivery, my old man is still waiting on his tickets if they are not in the post today he is royal screwed.

So yeah well done for getting through it but surely there is a similar process to do it. If there is a hard way to do something hibs will find it
Because it was a case of buying in person then people would be queuing for hours. I think the arrangements were absolutely spot on, especially as a member.