PDA

View Full Version : True colours

lyonhibs
18-05-2012, 02:28 AM
We all want Hibs to win - christ, it would be the most amazing day of my life we did. Can anyone even begin to imagine the sheer elation at full time if we won???!!!

But what I really, really want, is for everyone connected to Hibs - that is, players, management and fans - to give every last second of the game 110%. To go out there and treat those Jambos like the mediocre mortals they are - if they turn up and simply outplay us, then - god knows - it will hurt, but if every player and fan leaves Hampden being able to say in confidence "I gave it my all", then I'll be content.

To show - as a club - our best side, to show why - come what may - we will always be superior to Hearts in ways that their pea-brains can't compute is a key aspect of Saturday for me.

I think we'll win on Saturday - if we don't have that mentality as a fanbase, then why bother turning up - but I know we'll always be better, long after 4.45pm on Saturday 19th May 2012. It has been thus for 137 years, and will always be so.

GGTTH :flag:

TamHibs
18-05-2012, 05:24 AM
We all want Hibs to win - christ, it would be the most amazing day of my life we did. Can anyone even begin to imagine the sheer elation at full time if we won???!!!

But what I really, really want, is for everyone connected to Hibs - that is, players, management and fans - to give every last second of the game 110%. To go out there and treat those Jambos like the mediocre mortals they are - if they turn up and simply outplay us, then - god knows - it will hurt, but if every player and fan leaves Hampden being able to say in confidence "I gave it my all", then I'll be content.

To show - as a club - our best side, to show why - come what may - we will always be superior to Hearts in ways that their pea-brains can't compute is a key aspect of Saturday for me.

I think we'll win on Saturday - if we don't have that mentality as a fanbase, then why bother turning up - but I know we'll always be better, long after 4.45pm on Saturday 19th May 2012. It has been thus for 137 years, and will always be so.

Well said that man!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?k5kxsc

Liam_Hibs
18-05-2012, 05:39 AM

Brilliant!! I'd be gutted if we lost, but it would be so, so disappointed if we didn't even turn up.

N.Wales Hibby
18-05-2012, 06:22 AM

Well said. All we ask is the team give it there all. I know the fans will. GGTTH

LancashireHibby
18-05-2012, 09:59 AM

I said something similar in my message to the players in the shop the other day. Just give 100% and make us proud, and as you say the same extends to the fans. Leave no stone unturned.

DH1875
18-05-2012, 12:49 PM
If and I say IF we lose I hope everyone stays behind to support the boys and give them a song. Lets drown out their celebrations with a chorus of SOL and so the world what being a hibby is all about :thumbsup:.

Speedway
18-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Green socks are a must.