PDA

View Full Version : Underdogs! Its all in the mind!!

Green Blood
18-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I grew up watching Turnbull's Tornadoes in the early seventies and remember the feeling that as Derby Day approached the Yams must have been terrified. In my young mind there was only one team in Edinburgh, we had the ascendency and were the dominant force! But I then had to suffer the Robbo era and all that went with that and it cut me up as time after time we capitulated to that p-sh from tynecastle.

At the same time, I was being bullied at school getting battered off a big yam who thought he was the bogs dollacks!! I would go home greeting and battered cos I had given up to this school bully battering me time after time! My dad was always giving me the advice about bullies and how the reputation they had gained was always bigger than the foe I faced and that I should stand up to them and fight back! Easy to say when your an adult and you know better.

However, one day I had taken enough of being battered without throwing a punch or a kick and did as my dad had asked. I threw both almost at once and knocked the Maroon Cloon oot and was suspended from school for two weeks!! Hibs need to take that step from being bullied to being the dominant force, the players are aware of what has gone before and I believe they will perform on the day. Yes, we may go behind but we must encourage and support the boys as they will deliver the cup for us if we get behind them and support them like we would all support our own son/s.

GGTTH

Do this for.....

Eric Schaedler
Eddie Turnbull
Alan Gordon
Gordon Smith
Willie Ormond
Bobby Johnstone
Joe Baker

And many more, particularly Lawrie Reilly who was Edinburgh Green through and through!!

:flag:

falkirkhib
18-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Round of applause for that post!!!
GGTTH