PDA

View Full Version : who else can't sleep

Hibsdeb
17-05-2012, 10:32 PM
as it says on the title i can't who can

TamHibs
17-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Every time I try to I start thinking of the cup final...... Then I get tears in my eyes when the image of McPake lifting the holy grail pops in there......

HIBEES 4 LIFE
17-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Me, this is brutal

fatbloke
17-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Been going to Hibs matches for 51 years. Have never felt so calm and at ease as this before a match in my life. Cannot explain just do.

garys
17-05-2012, 10:43 PM
me! I've been a nightmare since Sunday! so tired mind gaun ten tae the dozen all about the Hibs! so tired! 'Mon the HIBEES!!

Planet Hibs
17-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Me to, my other have just requested I leave the room and sing downstairs..and quietly, so now on couch wide awake

HibeeMG
17-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm asleep right now. :zzzzz!:

Ryan91
17-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Tomorrow night is going to be absolutely brutal, I'm already a bundle of nerves.

Kris1875
17-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I've not slept since the semi final can't wait for Saturday !!!

Dunbar Hibee
17-05-2012, 11:03 PM
My head is ****in bangin'. Too much thinking.

Sir David Gray
17-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I'll sleep ok tonight, no danger I'll have any sleep tomorrow though!!

Phil D. Rolls
17-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Yep, got to be up at six tomorrow - half twelve finish, then psychosis. Will self medicate with anything I can find after that. I've given up with any other coping strategy, the last six weeks has been a nightmare.

I just know it's going to happen.

(Sent from an internet booth at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital using telepathic powers given to me by Osiris the god of something or other)

TornadoHibby
17-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Been going to Hibs matches for 51 years. Have never felt so calm and at ease as this before a match in my life. Cannot explain just do.

I've not been going quite as long as you but, like you, feel quite calm about the Cup Final right now!

Every Jambo I speak to blusters away with wind up **** to detract from their fear of losing and the consequential loss of 'Big team' status for them and the loss of that Hibs Cup 'hoodoo' to rile us with!

No more 'tick tock' texts after we lose in the Cup and no more historical 'facts' texts telling us of important events in history which hadn't happened when we last won the Cup!

They are ****ting themselves in case they lose and it's up to the Hibs fans and the players to show the match winning spirit to deliver a Hibs win for us all to savour at long last!

GGTTH

:flag: :flag: :flag:

c31
17-05-2012, 11:11 PM
53 years following the Hibs and I'm like a wee bairn, totall nervous wreck and I hope I can actually go to the game as the old blood pressure is already sky high.

Rambo1875
17-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Been wide awake for the last few nights.. Dont know if it's down to nerves or excitement. GGTTH

.Sean.
17-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I tried to. Watch a film and doze off, not a chance. Listening to some music and may have a couple strong Gins to put me in the land of nod!

cam75
17-05-2012, 11:20 PM
I haven't but that was stresseing with only 1 ticket and the Willy wonka aka Hugh had thee golden ticket totally diffrent feeling I can't describe it.

Green Blood
17-05-2012, 11:22 PM
53 years following the Hibs and I'm like a wee bairn, totall nervous wreck and I hope I can actually go to the game as the old blood pressure is already sky high.

We are all nervous as are the Yams, however, when your name is on the cup then nothing we feel or can do will influence the result. I firmly believe its our turn. Hearts will not turn up this time. they will play as if caught in a storm yet the Hibees will play as if in the eye of the storm, calm and assured and with a purpose! I think the result will surprise many as I see us winning comfortably.

I have no fear about the outcome! Will be absolutely delighted come 5.00pm saturday. I feel it and breathe it and will remember it till the day I leave this earth! Everyone in life has a time and their turn, this time its ours, trust me.

GGTTH

:flag::pfgwa

Franck Stanton
17-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Me, been on the sleeping tablets all week. Didn't work last night though. God I wish it was Saturday night. Cannae eat , cannae sleep, cannae work and now to top it all have got a dose o'........[maybe just a wee bit too much information]. Dinnae ken what i'll do wi' all the booze I have stock-piled for the celebration party if we dinae win the big shiny thing.

Franck Stanton
17-05-2012, 11:23 PM
We are all nervous as are the Yams, however, when your name is on the cup then nothing we feel or can do will influence the result. I firmly believe its our turn. Hearts will not turn up this time. they will play as if caught in a storm yet the Hibees will play as if in the eye of the storm, calm and assured and with a purpose! I think the result will surprise many as I see us winning comfortably.

I have no fear about the outcome! Will be absolutely delighted come 5.00pm saturday. I feel it and breathe it and will remember it till the day I leave this earth! Everyone in life has a time and their turn, this time its ours, trust me.

GGTTH

:flag::pfgwa

God, I REALLY, REALLY hope you are right Green Blood.

hibee92
17-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Driven me to the point where I feel physically sick. No sleep for me.

yeezus.
17-05-2012, 11:30 PM
this cup final is taking over my whole thought process. I barely slept last night and tonight is looking like a bit of a write off

Hibbyradge
17-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Drink more.

Part/Time Supporter
17-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Toothache (damned thing is getting removed next month)

:rolleyes:

Green Blood
17-05-2012, 11:47 PM
God, I REALLY, REALLY hope you are right Green Blood.

I grew up watching Turnbull's Tornadoes in the early seventies and remember the feeling that as Derby Day approached the Yams must have been terrified. In my young mind there was only one team in Edinburgh, we had the ascendency and were the dominant force! But I then had to suffer the Robbo era and all that went with that and it cut me up as time after time we capitulated to that p-sh from tynecastle.

At the same time, I was being bullied at school getting battered off a big yam who thought he was the bogs dollacks!! I would go home greeting and battered cos I had given up to this school bully battering me time after time! My dad was always giving me the advice about bullies and how the reputation they had gained was always bigger than the foe I faced and that I should stand up to them and fight back! Easy to say when your an adult and you know better.

However, one day I had taken enough of being battered without throwing a punch or a kick and did as my dad had asked. I threw both almost at once and knocked the Maroon Cloon oot and was suspended from school for two weeks!! Hibs need to take that step from being bullied to being the dominant force, the players are aware of what has gone before and I believe they will perform on the day. Yes, we may go behind but we must encourage and support the boys as they will deliver the cup for us if we get behind them and support them like we would all support our own son/s.

GGTTH

:flag:

Hibercelona
17-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Haven't slept in a bloody month! :grr:

And reckon it'll be yet another month after tomorrow. :cb

Gez1875
17-05-2012, 11:54 PM
i'm having trouble sleeping too, my heart is going like the clappers, and ive had this really sick feeling around my solar plexus since the final whistle went, up in inverness........ it all got very real at that point, and i almost cant handle it, i was at easter road for sportsound tonight, and this feeling got worse after it, to the point that i was shaking. i know we r going to win on sat.....this feeling i have is like when u where wee on the build up to christmas, except its stronger, like euphoria thats getting too much, and i'm worried that by the time sat comes around i'll have worn masel out!

p.s tom soares to score at any time 3-1 to the hibs and someone to be leading 1-0 b4 15 mins is gone.

greenlex
18-05-2012, 01:40 AM
Haven't slept in a bloody month! :grr:

And reckon it'll be yet another month after tomorrow. :cb

****ing hell it's happemmg Tomorrow.:hyper: Not Saturday but Tomorrow!!!!!!:cup:

hibeeleicester
18-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Can't sleep :(

lyonhibs
18-05-2012, 01:53 AM
It's nigh on 3am. I assume that answers the OP's question. Have a 7.30am train to catch on Saturday morning, shouldn't be a problem as I can't see sleep being too much of an obstacle between now and then!!!

hibeeleicester
18-05-2012, 02:03 AM
I'm supposed to be catching the early morning train tomorrow with Stu, doesn't look likely.

HibsMax
18-05-2012, 02:10 AM
It's 3am. I'm heading to bed. Hoping to kill the nerves with a round of golf tomorrow before the alcohol poisoning begins. Oops. Too late.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2012, 05:49 AM
I've got a few DVDs I watch that normally get me off

to sleep! ;-)

Albanian Hibs
18-05-2012, 05:58 AM
been wakened for ages but only because my wee one is choked with cold and was in our bed all night. Tonight, sleep wont be a problem as he will be at his granny's house and the liquid sleeping pills ;-) will do their job!

hibee92
18-05-2012, 06:17 AM
1000 different outcomes swimming through my head one after another all night. Not one wink of sleep, currently enjoying my breakfast with the semi final game on the box.

Anyone else have a restless night?

Dreading tonight.

HH81
18-05-2012, 06:20 AM
I slept but not great.

Setting off in couple of hours for the long drive up. Can't see me sleeping much in the hotel bed tonight :bitchy:

Sweep
18-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Terrible sleep. Cant get it out ma head.

persevere1875
18-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Rubbish nights sleep, hope its not the same tonight, cant we just play today and get it over with please

Wembley67
18-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Slept like a log - never quite understood this cannae sleep due to footy lark

hibee92
18-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Slept like a log - never quite understood this cannae sleep due to footy lark

Neither did i until last night.

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Neither did i until last night.

Me too.

marinello59
18-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Been awake since 4 am. My plans to work today are abandoned, all I can think about is this match. Hopefully see some of you in the pubs around ER tonight............my mind is so messed up I may even open my wallet and buy some drinks. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-05-2012, 07:45 AM
I haven't slept since Monday night. Not cause of nerves but because I have caught the winter vomiting virus. Thinking about re-naming it the Calderwood Virus as I am in trouble at both ends.
Even if I have to watch the game on SKY GO from the bogs, I will still be at Hampden.:flag::flag::flag:

norhfc
18-05-2012, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s71FuvH7Fw8 :agree: