PDA

View Full Version : David Murphy signs new deal with Birmingham

homielang
17-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I wish he was in the Green and White on Saturday. Good to see he is making out well though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18089210

Mon Dieu4
17-05-2012, 03:53 PM
I miss super Dave more than anyone else we had in that team, guy was a class act in all ways

Wotherspiniesta
17-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Disappointed.

Could easily play in a top half table prem team.

.Sean.
17-05-2012, 04:08 PM
My favourite player. Epitomy of CLASS.

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2012, 04:09 PM
A quality SPL player, one of the best i have seen. In the Premiership he's ok, but does get caught out for pace a bit. His 1st touch and good passing skills are still top notch though. :thumbsup:

Springbank
17-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Is this the song you refer to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tusl3ey7ByA

homielang
17-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Is this the song you refer to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tusl3ey7ByA

Oops. I meant sign not sing.

Winston Ingram
17-05-2012, 05:40 PM
He should be in the PL:agree:

frazeHFC
17-05-2012, 05:43 PM
He had a great season last season, delighted for him even if a league below what he deserves.

TornadoHibby
17-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Disappointed.

Could easily play in a top half table prem team.

Doesn't have the pace for it although he does have just about everything else! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Doesn't have the pace for it although he does have just about everything else! :wink:

:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
17-05-2012, 06:08 PM

I don't get where this "doesn't have the pace" stuff comes from TBH. Last week he was up against Tom Ince ( a very fast player indeed) and he marked him out the game so much that Ince switched wings. Earlier this season at Stamford Bridge, he marked Daniel Sturridge (another very fast player) out of the game. AND scored Brum's goal in the process.

He's easily good enough for the prem IMO.

HibbyAndy
17-05-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't get where this "doesn't have the pace" stuff comes from TBH. Last week he was up against Tom Ince ( a very fast player indeed) and he marked him out the game so much that Ince switched wings. Earlier this season at Stamford Bridge, he marked Daniel Sturridge (another very fast player) out of the game. AND scored Brum's goal in the process.

100% Spot on.

This 'Has no pace' Malarky makes me smile every single time.

DM could quite easily hold his own in the EPL, Pace or no pace!.

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2012, 06:17 PM

Proof we watch a completely different game, Ince is quick, not overly quick but uses his trickery to beat his man with skill more often than not. He left Murphy time after time, so much so Murphy should have conceded a penalty and been sent off for stopping a goal scoring opportunity when pulling him back. A stonewall penalty and a sending off every day of the week, and twice on a sunday.

Holloway switches his wingers every game, not just against Birmingham.

Murphy has a great touch, great vision and a lovely pass too. Pace is the one reason he will never play at the top.

TornadoHibby
18-05-2012, 02:00 PM

Did you never watch him when he was at Hibs then? :confused:

Murphy is a real quality LB and on a par with Schaedler in terms of effectiveness. :agree:

Schaedler had pace, grit and serious determination in abundance (and an incredible throw in) but lacked the skill and finesse that Murphy has. :agree:

Murphy has it all except pace and that is the sole reason why he is not playing at a top 10 EPL club and never will! :agree:

Edit: - Pity we couldn't have got him back for tomorrow though! :wink:

superfurryhibby
18-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Did you never watch him when he was at Hibs then? :confused:

Murphy is a real quality LB and on a par with Schaedler in terms of effectiveness. :agree:

Schaedler had pace, grit and serious determination in abundance (and an incredible throw in) but lacked the skill and finesse that Murphy has. :agree:

Murphy has it all except pace and that is the sole reason why he is not playing at a top 10 EPL club and never will! :agree:

Edit: - Pity we couldn't have got him back for tomorrow though! :wink:

The pace issue is overplayed, although I do agree that it will prevent Murphy playing at the very top. Pleased for David that he's won a new contract. The best left back in my forty odd years of watching Hibs, bar none.