PDA

View Full Version : Ever felt such a mix of emotions in all your life?? Tip to calm nerves?!

1875HFC
17-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I dont know what to feel, whether its excitement, nerves, anxiety, stress...never looked forward to something more in my life so far.

How will the rest of you be trying to cope over the next 2 days? Beer? something stronger perhaps?

:pfgwa

3pm
17-05-2012, 09:52 AM
I still feel quite calm, I am quite surprised!

Really enjoyed watching the fear kick in for them though.

chrisski33
17-05-2012, 09:52 AM
I have all feelings apart from sorrow. I cant wait and cant think of anything else! GGTTH

Lucius Apuleius
17-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I find a nice cup of camomile tea does the business.

Just_Jimmy
17-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I've taken every shift I can since last Thursday, I'm back shift today and finish at 11.30pm. Then I'm off. As it strand I have no nerves at all, I have been convinced we'd have to beat them to win it for years. I'm just glad we have the chance to maybe see a Hibs team do the unthinkable, the fear of losing never ever would overcome the chance to win.

bingo70
17-05-2012, 10:04 AM
At first I was excited, then I managed to convince myself it wouldn't be that big a deal if we lost so was pretty calm about it now though the reality has kickedin and instead of enjoying the build up its doing my tits in.

I just want to get this over and done with so I know one way or the other.

Albanian Hibs
17-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I too don't feel nervous. I am too excited, like a kid at xmas. A few beers tonight and friday night will help me sleep though.

Hermit Crab
17-05-2012, 10:07 AM
I dont know what to feel, whether its excitement, nerves, anxiety, stress...never looked forward to something more in my life so far.

How will the rest of you be trying to cope over the next 2 days? Beer? something stronger perhaps?

Try coping with a split from a long term gf too. Im going to die at the final! :dead: Horrendous mate.

Kato
17-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I I'm just glad we have the chance to maybe see a Hibs team do the unthinkable, the fear of losing never ever would overcome the chance to win.

My thoughts and feelings exactly. Since they beat Celtic in their semi I've been happy just to have the chance to beat them and win it right in front of them.

Bring it on.

Jack Ferrigan
17-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I've been to a few Scottish Cup finals before with Hibs and my advice is relax, enjoy the journey,the banter,the excitement and the nerves. What are all the fans from all the other 10 SPL teams doing? I'll tell you ...wishing it was them!! So go and enjoy the whole experience it doesn't come along that often.:flag::thumbsup:
GGTTH.

1875HFC
17-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Try coping with a split from a long term gf too. Im going to die at the final! :dead: Horrendous mate.

sorry to hear that mate but a win on saturday will shift all that to the back of your mind im sure, never wanted something more than to be there the day that the Hibees lift the Scottish Cup

true to the saying it is what dreams are made of

Hermit Crab
17-05-2012, 10:15 AM
sorry to hear that mate but a win on saturday will shift all that to the back of your mind im sure, never wanted something more than to be there the day that the Hibees lift the Scottish Cup

true to the saying it is what dreams are made of

Cheers pal. The romance of the cup as they say. If we win this thing im going awol untill at least Tuesday. :greengrin

edinburghhibee
17-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Strangley I have no nerves whatsoever all excitement, maybe due to the fact that all my hearts mates and cousins are *****t!ng it. I text them but they don't reply anymore :thumbsup:

I very rarely feel confident going into derbys. But this is different I know we are gonna win... don't ask me how I know I just do. :flag:

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm very calm, i just know this is our time. We will be Scottish cup winners by 5pm Saturday. :cup:

Purehibee_MYB
17-05-2012, 10:25 AM
I've got an exam on the saturday morning so revision for that has been a good distraction, except the final just keeps coming into my mind and it's hard to tell whether its excitement or nerves!!

Craig_in_Prague
17-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Thankfully work has been rather busy the last couple of weeks, so the days are ticking by nicely.

Today is my wife and I's 10th wedding anniversary, so going out for a nice meal tonight and a fine bottle of red to wash down I hope; then flying back tomorrow with Scott; we have access into airport lounge so a few quiet drinks before we depart. So all seems to be flowing along nicely; but I must admit to the lack of sleep and many barmy dreams of late!

The excitement of winning is taking me forward rather than the fear of losing. We need to stand up to the pinkoids and I think Saturday 19th May is the day we will.

GGTTH

Hibrandenburg
17-05-2012, 10:58 AM
From the start of this season for the very first time in my life I've just felt completely indifferent towards Hibs chances of lifting the cup. I've built myself up into a frenzy every year for the past 40 or so but this year for some strange reason I still have no feelings either way. I don't know if it's pure resignation or something else but it sure is a strange feeling not to have any feelings. Maybe come Saturday night it will all be different.

HibsMax
17-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Im just happy to be coming home for this great day. Excited but not nervous. Which is just as well since the airport bar isn't open. Wtf? It's 7am already!!!

Pretty Boy
17-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm all over the place.

Last day at work today and times dragging.

Every morning I wake up early with a nervous excited feeling I usually get on the day of a big game, its been going on for about a week already. Been trying to keep busy but every so often my mind starts to wander towards cup final day.

Got loads planned for tomorrow but the day will be full of thoughts for the cup final. Few pints tomorrow night to kick start the party and hopefully help me sleep.

Emotions are every possible stop off.between nervous and excited.

1875HFC
17-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Im just happy to be coming home for this great day. Excited but not nervous. Which is just as well since the airport bar isn't open. Wtf? It's 7am already!!!

Great effort coming from America, going to be some day :pfgwa

HibsMax
17-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks but there are people coming from farther away than me. Brazil and Hong Kong to mention 2. Not sure if anyone is coming from Australia.

Just_Jimmy
17-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks but there are people coming from farther away than me. Brazil and Hong Kong to mention 2. Not sure if anyone is coming from Australia.

it's still a great effort. If i see your hair I'll introduce myself since we share the same birthday (Used to be wee_mad_mental_hibby)

HibsMax
17-05-2012, 11:16 AM
it's still a great effort. If i see your hair I'll introduce myself since we share the same birthday (Used to be wee_mad_mental_hibby)

I have a feeling I'm going to meet a whole bunch of new people. :). It will be good to put names to faces.

Just_Jimmy
17-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I have a feeling I'm going to meet a whole bunch of new people. :). It will be good to put names to faces.

Just hope your tickets for the correct end mate. Imagine their end with green hair. :wink:

HibsMax
17-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Just hope your tickets for the correct end mate. Imagine their end with green hair. :wink:

I'm sure a few Jamboids have green hair. Or am I thinking of teeth? Oh, I'm such a witty lad when I'm half asleep sitting outside a closed airport bar.

Bristolhibby
17-05-2012, 11:38 AM
I feel relaxed, then excited, pumped up.

Had Hibs Heroes on in the car at about 25 on the stereo.
Had my hands tingling and me shouting as pound as I could.

The closest football match I can equate this to was the 3-1 demolition of the Ukraine at Hampden.

We had to win, the sun was shining, and I had confidence we would win.

It's that feeling I have now. The boys know what has to e done, they know on their day that are a match for Hearts (as Scotland were against Ukraine).

I am even predicting the same shoreline.

3-1 to the cabbage.

J

London Hibs FC
17-05-2012, 11:43 AM
A pharmaceutical cocktail of Valium and Xanax.

Gatecrasher
17-05-2012, 11:45 AM
its all i have thought about since the morning after the Pars game. i'm driving myself nuts, the playstation is getting a hammering trying to keep my mind off it :greengrin

Pete
17-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I've been to a few Scottish Cup finals before with Hibs and my advice is relax, enjoy the journey,the banter,the excitement and the nerves. What are all the fans from all the other 10 SPL teams doing? I'll tell you ...wishing it was them!! So go and enjoy the whole experience it doesn't come along that often.:flag::thumbsup:
GGTTH.

Good shout!

I've no nerves at all and am like a coiled spring. It will all be released when I get to the ground and I'll have nothing left when I leave.

yeezus.
17-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I've been left a shell of a man. I'm nervous, excited and paranoid about transport.

I'm sick of the arrogance of the Yams! GGTTH:pfgwa

calumhibee1
17-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Im getting awfy excited now. Slightly nervous, but quietly confident. I'm by no means taking it for granted, but I just have a sneaky suspicion that this might just be our year. Saturday has the potential to be the biggest party you'll ever go to/been to. Let's hope it goes our way.

N.Wales Hibby
17-05-2012, 01:46 PM
A pharmaceutical cocktail of Valium and Xanax.
I'm telling your Mother about this.:greengrin:wink:

Captain Trips
17-05-2012, 02:02 PM
If we lose it goes on to what 111? I can live with that since I have been going its what been 24yrs with no SC one more year will no matter.

IMO we have everything to gain and they have it all to lose so we can only be calm, what we have are some good players in some key areas, our forwards no matter what can cause problems for them of that there is no doubt. If players do their jobs correctly we can win it.

We are not playing Man City, Real Madrid or Barcelona we are playing Hearts a team we are more than capable of beating they can have that exact same view but that cannot take away that we are very capable of winning this match.

HibsMax
18-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Good shout!

I've no nerves at all and am like a coiled spring. It will all be released when I get to the ground and I'll have nothing left when I leave.

Absolutely.

Leave EVERYTHING on the field.

hibsbollah
18-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I find a nice cup of camomile tea does the business.

I have dispensed with my usual capuccino grande this morning and gone for the chamomile tea. Its a bit 'coldplay' for my liking.

Johnforr
18-05-2012, 08:42 AM
It's Friday 0942 ........ I'm hyper already ...... Canna wait ..... C'mon the mental Hibees !!

EdinMike
18-05-2012, 08:43 AM
I've been fairly calm since the Semi-Final, but today I woke up with a message from my Uncle in OZ who couldn't make it back here for tomorrow. And the floodgates have well and truely opened !

So I dunno what I feel now, is it anxiety or fear ?! Who cares now because I'll just keep on going no matter what !! :flag:

Scorrie
18-05-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm very calm, i just know this is our time. We will be Scottish cup winners by 5pm Saturday. :cup:

That sums it for me as well. Normally nervous before derbies but absolutely calm this time (the Talisker may be helping though..). The pressure is all on them. We will win the Cup.

Lucius Apuleius
18-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I have dispensed with my usual capuccino grande this morning and gone for the chamomile tea. Its a bit 'coldplay' for my liking.

Capuccino grande!!!!! Says it all. :-)

Four double espressos in the one cup then a man is ready to meet the day (don't let my doc see this, I tell him I have one cup of espresso a day, which is true), however a nice cup of chamomile later in the day just soooooooooooooooothes.

Seveno
18-05-2012, 11:21 AM

If we win tomorrow though, you will have a new love of your life ,,,,, James McPake.

3pm
18-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Still quite calm. Just popping into town to hand out some tickets and have a couple of pints.

Dinkydoo
18-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Had my final exam this week so thats provided me with a good distraction.

Now that it is out of the way though the past two days I don't think an hour has gone by where I haven't been thinking about the final - similar to when I first found out that Hearts had beaten Celtic.

I even dreamt about it last night, the Yams scored quite early, we were awarded a penalty in the 80th minute - still 1 - 0 - and Garry O'Connor converted to make it 1 - 1. I woke up after the goal went in and I jumped up off my seat; my pillows were everywhere and the covers hanging off my bed, must have been sleep-celebrating so much that I woke myself up :hilarious

I wonder if it will continue on in tonights dream..... :wink:

One Day Soon
18-05-2012, 12:04 PM
I find that weeping at the prospect of Hibs winning it is consuming an excessive amount of my time.

I'm sure I must be composed of more water than the average human being. I don't know where its all coming from.

Craig_in_Prague
18-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I find that weeping at the prospect of Hibs winning it is consuming an excessive amount of my time.

I'm sure I must be composed of more water than the average human being. I don't know where its all coming from.

haha! know what you mean

If we win, I reckon I'll flood the pitch with tears.

Speedway
18-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Feeling very similarly.

Should we not win it, it will be nothing different than what is widely expected.

I can't explain how, because all the stats, form and quality contradicts the opinion, but we're winning this cup tomorrow.

Straightforward and comfortable.

Tony1962
18-05-2012, 01:29 PM

The same here mate welling up when I think about it!

homielang
18-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Nervous as hell. I am breaking out my Hibs top from the year we won the CIS cup and the same scarf I wore that morning. :pfgwa

nonshinyfinish
18-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I've been veering wildly between giddy excitement, mortal terror, and mawkish sentiment. Probably going to cry myself silly whatever happens.

hibsbollah
18-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Capuccino grande!!!!! Says it all. :-)

Four double espressos in the one cup then a man is ready to meet the day (don't let my doc see this, I tell him I have one cup of espresso a day, which is true), however a nice cup of chamomile later in the day just soooooooooooooooothes.

I've now switched from morning chamomile tea to lunchtime belgian beer. im not sure of the likely impact on my nerves. Maybe i should go and buy some pure heroin for my tea and see if that helps.

Lucius Apuleius
18-05-2012, 03:50 PM
I've now switched from morning chamomile tea to lunchtime belgian beer. im not sure of the likely impact on my nerves. Maybe i should go and buy some pure heroin for my tea and see if that helps.

Nope, sorry-o, one can never condone illegal drugs under any circumstances. Depends on the beer as well. Too many Belgian beers over rated (says he who only drinks the Guinness)

Ryan91
18-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm nervous but in a good way, as some one said earlier, I'm like a kid before Christmas, only there is a helluva lot more at stake.

But one thing is for sure, I am pumped for this final.

Let's go!!!!!!!!!

GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

hibsbollah
18-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Nope, sorry-o, one can never condone illegal drugs under any circumstances. Depends on the beer as well. Too many Belgian beers over rated (says he who only drinks the Guinness)

Leffe pass the Lucius taste test?

Lucius Apuleius
18-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Leffe pass the Lucius taste test?

T'was the 1st one I thought of. :-)

As an aside, couple of jobs ago on Bonny Island we had a Belgian company working there that had their own bar. It was pre beer ban import in Nigeria and they probably had a selection of over 20 at any one time, made for interesting Sunday afternoon pub crawls :-)

GreenCastle
18-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Was in the Hibs shop earlier - place was heaving - just imagine if we win how much we would sell :agree:

I do know for this game -

Hibs are due a win against them
Hibs are due a win in the final
Hibs won't be as bad as the semi in 2006
Hibs fans will be more behind the team than ever before and outsing the yams
Hibs players will be more determined to win this than ever
Nearly everyone want's Hibs to win except obviously yam fans.

hibsbollah
18-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Was in the Hibs shop earlier - place was heaving - just imagine if we win how much we would sell :agree:

I do know for this game -

Hibs are due a win against them
Hibs are due a win in the final
Hibs won't be as bad as the semi in 2006
Hibs fans will be more behind the team than ever before and outsing the yams
Hibs players will be more determined to win this than ever
Nearly everyone want's Hibs to win except obviously yam fans.

You forgot We Have McPake :greengrin No way he loses tomorrow.

18-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Nervous, hyper, excited all rolled into one for me!

Definatly a few drinks required tonight to calm myself then bright and early for the bus tomro :flag:

Come On The Famous Edinburgh Hibees :flag:!!!!!!!!!

18-05-2012, 04:55 PM
The same here mate welling up when I think about it!

Me too. Was listening to Sunshine on Leith in the car today and was just fantasising about singing it at hampden after winning the SC and i literally had a lump in my throat and tears welled up!

Wont be able to control the tears tomorrow if that fantasy becomes reality!

:flag:

Steve-O
18-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Feel like I've been on the verge of a panic attack for the last day or so! Only 18.5 hours till kick off, think my breathing difficulties will hit new heights by then!

Allant1981
18-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Ive been hyper all day at work, like a kid at xmas is how im feeling, please let this year be our year

bazmcm
18-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Ran a bath yesterday before work, then went downstairs and watched Hibs clips on youtube and fogot about the bath...then heard a dripping noise which i dismissed as the rain outside then realised it was the bath, water everywhere and one angry missus...who said "i have been tuned to the moon thinking about this game for the last week "

Yuillsy
18-05-2012, 05:41 PM
My stomach is in knots . Feel like i could be sick at any point, that's when i don't feel life crying.
Even my 3 day old daughter's not taking my mind off it.
I really think we'll win tomorrow though!!!

GoldenMeerkat
18-05-2012, 05:59 PM
The nerves are kicking in now, but confident that this will be playing at full-time tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXfnZ7HYD_k

ginger_rice
18-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I was OK until I was handed my tickets this morning now I'm a physical wreck.

Glorious
18-05-2012, 06:23 PM
I picked up my new car after work - usually dead excited to get a new car but I'm just not fussed compared to the game tomorrow!
Off to the gym later for a hard workout with loads of punchbag work - hopefully knacker me out so I can get a decent kip!

hibee_nation
18-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I picked up my new car after work - usually dead excited to get a new car but I'm just not fussed compared to the game tomorrow!
Off to the gym later for a hard workout with loads of punchbag work - hopefully knacker me out so I can get a decent kip!

Worked for me at the gym after work, i was so pumped up thinking about the game it was like i was on steroids. :greengrin
Still a skinny wimp though. :wink: