PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine On Leith & "Winning team, losing team"

MCameron
17-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Billy Brown in Metro today saying how much SOL impressed Pat Fenlon after the semi-final.

Could the boys from S43/12 man somehow organise a rendition once the team is on the park, following the card display, and just before kick off (a la Walk On by Liverpool fans)?

Even a blast starting off from "While I'm worth, ma room on this earth........" would have a huge positive impact on the Hibs players and hopefully the opposite for the Hearts players.

Also I'm not a big fan of American sports fans chants but can't help but think that 20 odd thousand hibs fans doing a Utah State's "Winning Team, Losing Team" chant throughout the game would also have a psychological impact on both sets of players - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWFCh0WNk_o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:flag: :flag: :flag:We need to show our team we believe in them right to the end :flag: :flag::flag:

GGTTH

YehButNoBut
17-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Good article in todays Record about Billy Brown and Sunshine on Leith, hopes to be singing along with it this time at the end of the match. :pray:

Also said that when Pat Fenlon heard it at the semi he was really impressed as he had not heard it before, let's hope he hears it a lot this weekend.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/cups/scottish-cup/2012/05/17/scottish-cup-final-i-really-hope-hibs-fans-are-belting-out-sunshine-on-leith-at-end-of-90-minutes-says-billy-brown-86908-23862229/

SlickShoes
17-05-2012, 10:59 AM
It's a song that has it's place in a certain moment, that moment is after games when we are united in a massive victory or narrow defeat (see AEK Athens).

There was a time they played this song all the time at ER and it got to the point it was a total mood killer, its a very emotional song but overplaying or oversinging it just ruins its significance.

How about if Pat wins us the cup then he gets to hear it again?:flag:

kenny-55
17-05-2012, 11:26 AM
my boy is right (slickshoes)
its best after the game preferably if we have won and the jambo hordes are piling out the stadium

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

joe breezy
17-05-2012, 11:38 AM
I thought it killed the atmosphere at the AEK game, we need controlled aggression before the game, not sentimental retrospectiveness

R'Albin
17-05-2012, 11:45 AM
"Listen, I just hope it’s Hibs’ day again this weekend. Surely after 110 years they deserve it to be their day in the Scottish Cup."

"We’d been gubbed and I had turned on my heels and was heading down the tunnel."

Good interview, but is it just me that noticed this? Maybe I'm being too picky but it still seems to me that he doesn't really want to be here that much.

Jones28
17-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I thought it killed the atmosphere at the AEK game, we need controlled aggression before the game, not sentimental retrospectiveness

Agree, Sunshine on Leith is best left after we win. YNWA gets players really pumped up, I can't imagine SOL having the same effect for some reason.

Kasabians Underdog would do the business :aok:

R'Albin
17-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Agree, Sunshine on Leith is best left after we win. YNWA gets players really pumped up, I can't imagine SOL having the same effect for some reason.

Kasabians Underdog would do the business :aok:

:agree:

Nero - Me and You was a good one last season, got me fired up anyway. We had a good run of form whilst we were walking out to it as well iirc.

bighairyfaeleith
17-05-2012, 01:08 PM
"Listen, I just hope it’s Hibs’ day again this weekend. Surely after 110 years they deserve it to be their day in the Scottish Cup."

"We’d been gubbed and I had turned on my heels and was heading down the tunnel."

Good interview, but is it just me that noticed this? Maybe I'm being too picky but it still seems to me that he doesn't really want to be here that much.

nah he is just talking in the terms of who he was with at the time.

R'Albin
17-05-2012, 01:12 PM
nah he is just talking in the terms of who he was with at the time.

Yeah I know, but how come when he refers to them as "we" when he was with them but he calls us "they"?

JohnStephens91
17-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah I know, but how come when he refers to them as "we" when he was with them but he calls us "they"?

“When we beat Aberdeen in the semi-final, I told Pat to stand with me and listen to it as it’s a really emotive song."

R'Albin
17-05-2012, 01:46 PM
“When we beat Aberdeen in the semi-final, I told Pat to stand with me and listen to it as it’s a really emotive song."

Ahh never noticed that, fair enough I was just speaking pish then :greengrin

Jack
17-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Well what about the support singing I'm on my way, I'm on my from. ...

Jack
17-05-2012, 06:37 PM
We don't have to be quiet under these flags and cards

DH1875
17-05-2012, 08:08 PM
It's a song that has it's place in a certain moment, that moment is after games when we are united in a massive victory or narrow defeat (see AEK Athens).

There was a time they played this song all the time at ER and it got to the point it was a total mood killer, its a very emotional song but overplaying or oversinging it just ruins its significance.

How about if Pat wins us the cup then he gets to hear it again?:flag:

Spot on :top marks.
Let's show the world what being a hibby is all about. If the worst happens and we lose this game I urge as many fans as possible to stay behind and belt out SOL for the boy's :thumbsup:.

Ryan91
17-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Billy Brown in Metro today saying how much SOL impressed Pat Fenlon after the semi-final.

Could the boys from S43/12 man somehow organise a rendition once the team is on the park, following the card display, and just before kick off (a la Walk On by Liverpool fans)?

Even a blast starting off from "While I'm worth, ma room on this earth........" would have a huge positive impact on the Hibs players and hopefully the opposite for the Hearts players.

Also I'm not a big fan of American sports fans chants but can't help but think that 20 odd thousand hibs fans doing a Utah State's "Winning Team, Losing Team" chant throughout the game would also have a psychological impact on both sets of players - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWFCh0WNk_o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:flag: :flag: :flag:We need to show our team we believe in them right to the end :flag: :flag::flag:

GGTTH

Sounds pretty damn awesome that Utah State chant, maybe section 43 can help get that one started.