PDA

View Full Version : Going on your own

DH1875
16-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Anyone else going on their own? And can anyone recommend a good place to head for a couple of beers for someone going on their own.

surreyhibbie
16-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Quite possibly. Unless I get another two tickets.

I'll be with a bunch of Hibbies, whatever!

:greengrin

HibsMax
16-05-2012, 08:58 PM
I would check the travel forum, see of you can join folks booked into a club.

I'm going through with a mate, he's driving, I have no idea where we're going but he mentioned pub and taxi. We'll see.

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Anyone else going on their own? And can anyone recommend a good place to head for a couple of beers for someone going on their own.

:agree: Looks like I'm going on my own now. Was going to ask the same thing?

Hibernia Na Eir
16-05-2012, 09:01 PM
none of you boys will "be on your own" on Saturday.
HTWFD

lyonhibs
16-05-2012, 09:02 PM
We'll be in MacSorley's on Jamaica Street from noon. Quality boozer 2 seconds from Central Station.

LancsHibs
16-05-2012, 09:04 PM
:agree: Looks like I'm going on my own now. Was going to ask the same thing?

Why don't you go together then you won't be on your own :cheers: Sorted!!

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Why don't you go together then you won't be on your own :cheers: Sorted!!

I'm travelling doon on me own, but I'm hoping to be in the company of Hibs fans at Glasgow central station.:flag:

LancsHibs
16-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm travelling doon on me own, but I'm hoping to be in the company of Hibs fans at Glasgow central station.:flag:

Might be one to two:greengrin:flag:

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Might be one to two:greengrin:flag:

Aye I'd think so:pfgwa

ekhibee
16-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm meeting my mates at the ground, cos they're coming through from Edinburgh and I stay in East Kilbride. Loads of pubs near Central, still trying to make my mind up!

Franck Stanton
16-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Driving through on my own , [ myeah thats right, - Eric nae pals], thinking of going to Montford Arms for a wee refreshment pre-game.

Northern Hibby
16-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Heading down from Inverness on Friday Night then getting on a :hnet: bus (006) on my own, but somehow don't think it's gonna be a lonely experience!!

:hibees

Hermit Crab
17-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Driving through on my own , [ myeah thats right, - Eric nae pals], thinking of going to Montford Arms for a wee refreshment pre-game.

You'll be lucky, downstairs will be packed solid and upstairs is fully booked with 2 bus loads going there.

OxoHibby
17-05-2012, 11:48 AM
We'll be in MacSorley's on Jamaica Street from noon. Quality boozer 2 seconds from Central Station.

If I don't see you on the train will probably bump into in MacSoreleys as aiming for there.

Chuck Rhoades
17-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Surely all of those heading on their own should be PMin each other their numbers and meeting up for a few pints before the game?

Moulin Yarns
17-05-2012, 12:48 PM
I will be travelling on my own, but once there I think I will be in the company of 20,000 likeminded Hibees :hibees:pfgwa:flag:

Thinking of going to the Beechwood, a bit south of Hampden

DH1875
17-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Surely all of those heading on their own should be PMin each other their numbers and meeting up for a few pints before the game?

Aye, anyone wanting to meet up for a pint, drop me a PM.

Franck Stanton
17-05-2012, 02:57 PM
You'll be lucky, downstairs will be packed solid and upstairs is fully booked with 2 bus loads going there.

Mmmmm, you could be right, may just park Rutherglen and find boozer on main street. Wee bit of a hike to Hampden though.

AustinHibee
17-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Three of us going through on Friday night and staying in Glasgow to
watch champions league final on Saturday night before getting bus back at 10 o'clock.
Any good boozers near Buchanan street bus station?

DH1875
17-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Three of us going through on Friday night and staying in Glasgow to
watch champions league final on Saturday night before getting bus back at 10 o'clock.
Any good boozers near Buchanan street bus station?

Walkabout should be jumping for it mate. It's just around the corner from Buchanan St. Don't know if you'll get in with your Hibs colours on though.

vahibbie
17-05-2012, 05:46 PM

That sounds like a winner. Probably be on my todd unless my son is offering to take me for a few.
Will it be ok getting in with colours on?

lyonhibs
17-05-2012, 05:55 PM
That sounds like a winner. Probably be on my todd unless my son is offering to take me for a few.
Will it be ok getting in with colours on?

They'd be committing commercial suicide to make it "not ok" for colours. Will phone tomorrow to check this, and also that the Wee Airdie Loyal Hearts SC (or a similar mass of bawbags) haven't booked in to it or anything.

HibeeBigFly
17-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Travelling down on my own sat morning from Aberdeen. Am keen to meet up with fellow hibees in a boozer somewhere? Is the meeting point likely to be macsorleys?

jonny
17-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi guys, I have a bus running from York Place, Edinburgh and a single seat has just come up. £16 includes a wee bite to eat before leaving at 10am. Booked into a pub before the game. 1st PM gets the seat

DH1875
17-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Travelling down on my own sat morning from Aberdeen. Am keen to meet up with fellow hibees in a boozer somewhere? Is the meeting point likely to be macsorleys?

What time you due in at?

DH1875
17-05-2012, 08:27 PM
They'd be committing commercial suicide to make it "not ok" for colours. Will phone tomorrow to check this, and also that the Wee Airdie Loyal Hearts SC (or a similar mass of bawbags) haven't booked in to it or anything.

I take it you guys have been here before. Doesn't look like the type of place that likes riff raff like me in :dunno:.

nonshinyfinish
17-05-2012, 09:13 PM
In the evening they might be a bit fussy about colours, but at lunchtime and given the circumstances and the opportunity to earn a small fortune, I'd be amazed if there was any problem.

Jim44
17-05-2012, 09:26 PM
We're thinking of parking around Victoria Road area near the Queens park. There are one or two pubs near the top of Victoria road but I'm wondering if they will be Jambo joints for the day as I believe they have parking in part of the park.

vahibbie
17-05-2012, 09:27 PM

Good man, post if it's a no-no.
I'm sure Wee Airdie Jambo is a fascinating character, witty and intelligent......but Saturday's probably no the best time to meet the bawbag.

Phil D. Rolls
17-05-2012, 09:29 PM

See you in there mate. Look for a guy with a crazed expression and "Blackley Must Go" t-shirt!

HibeeBigFly
17-05-2012, 09:52 PM
What time you due in at?

Aiming to be in around about 11am. Going to get the megabus up in the morning. Will this macsorleys place be serving from 12 onwards.

nonshinyfinish
17-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Aiming to be in around about 11am. Going to get the megabus up in the morning. Will this macsorleys place be serving from 12 onwards.

Pretty sure it's open from 11.

DH1875
17-05-2012, 09:55 PM
MacSorleys has live music on a Saturday during he day. Will we be able to have a sing song :confused:.

DH1875
17-05-2012, 10:03 PM

Could be wrong but I think andrewmckay (posts on here) is getting the megabus from Aberdeen and back on Saturday. You should drop him a pm as think he is coming on his own.

What times everyone leaving this boozer to head up to hampden at?

nonshinyfinish
17-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Could be wrong but I think andrewmckay (posts on here) is getting the megabus from Aberdeen and back on Saturday. You should drop him a pm as think he is coming on his own.

What times everyone leaving this boozer to head up to hampden at?

I intend to leave about 2.

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2012, 05:48 AM
I will be travelling on my own, but once there I think I will be in the company of 20,000 likeminded Hibees :hibees:pfgwa:flag:

Thinking of going to the Beechwood, a bit south of Hampden

Now that there are 11 Hibees going from Perth, a minibus is being hunted down this morning. Also going to the Penny Farthing on the corner of Allison Street and Cathcart Road for pre match drink. Best Guinness in Glasgow apparently

Lungo--Drom
18-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Rutherglen is a Hun town in my book so watch out in case any of the jabbering mono-brows are "boycotting" the final (aka standing at the door of their chosen 1970s decor 'Rangers friendly' pub) shouting abuse at anyone they think is a "left footer", which to them could be anyone especially people clad in green in white.

Mmmmm, you could be right, may just park Rutherglen and find boozer on main street. Wee bit of a hike to Hampden though.

Lucius Apuleius
18-05-2012, 10:15 AM

As Lungo says, NOT a good idea IMO. My missus will be parking at her wee sister's in one of the more salubrious parts of Rutherglen, but nowhere near the Main Street. Drank down there once when they moved there, never again!!!

Rutherglen is a Hun town in my book so watch out in case any of the jabbering mono-brows are "boycotting" the final (aka standing at the door of their chosen 1970s decor 'Rangers friendly' pub) shouting abuse at anyone they think is a "left footer", which to them could be anyone especially people clad in green in white.

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Now that there are 11 Hibees going from Perth, a minibus is being hunted down this morning. Also going to the Penny Farthing on the corner of Allison Street and Cathcart Road for pre match drink. Best Guinness in Glasgow apparently

Back to the car on my own. Minibus was far too expensive at this late time. Never mind, Penny Farthing with a few other Hibees.

neilmartinrocks
18-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Back to the car on my own. Minibus was far too expensive at this late time. Never mind, Penny Farthing with a few other Hibees.

any chance o' a lift then?
dinnae fancy leavin at 9.30am with the rest:greengrin

DH1875
18-05-2012, 02:20 PM
MacSorleys has live music on a Saturday during he day. Will we be able to have a sing song :confused:.

Any word? I wan't go somewhere I can get a sing song :thumbsup:.

vahibbie
18-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Me to.:agree:

There has to be a fair few central pubs that are going to have a good Hibby crowd in them........listen for the songs:singing:

nonshinyfinish
18-05-2012, 03:46 PM

Doubt there'd be anything on that early, but if there is then it shouldn't be too hard to find somewhere else around Central.

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi, how many? Just you?

any chance o' a lift then?
dinnae fancy leavin at 9.30am with the rest:greengrin

neilmartinrocks
18-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi, how many? Just you?

aye just me mate. the boys i was meeting are leaving at 9am.
im babysitting til 10-10.30 prior arrangment.

lyonhibs
18-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I called this afternoon to check opening time @ MacSorleys (11am) and there was no music playing in the background.
If you go there, a sing-song should be fine.

DH1875
18-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I called this afternoon to check opening time @ MacSorleys (11am) and there was no music playing in the background.

OK I guess I'm in then :thumbsup:. What they say about colours?

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2012, 07:02 PM
aye just me mate. the boys i was meeting are leaving at 9am.
im babysitting til 10-10.30 prior arrangment.

You have a PM

DH1875
18-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Hope to see you all tomorrow :thumbsup:.

DH1875
19-05-2012, 09:46 AM

I'm no going to get there till about half 12 :bsod:. Any chance someone can post if you guy's move on before that :aok:.

Lofarl
19-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Mcsoreletys a assigned Hibee boozer then? Fancy a few in town before the game.

DH1875
19-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Mcsoreletys a assigned Hibee boozer then? Fancy a few in town before the game.

It's no assigned but appears that's where we're going :greengrin. Come say hiya to the guy with the ponytail and skirt on :faf:.

I'm on my way :thumbsup:.

Lofarl
19-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Just in. Quite a few hibees here. It is right next to Glasgow central pretty much. Say hi to the guy standing near the bar wearing a black jacket and Gary top.

Lofarl
19-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Gray top that is

Johnforr
19-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Down from deepest darkest Aberdeenshire on my own but it sure don't feel like that . Never felt an atmosphere like this anywhere ......... truly awesome ! C'mon the cabbage .....

Lungo--Drom
19-05-2012, 11:39 AM
i'm heading to Hampden on my own right now. I drove to Glengarnock cause I couldn't get the car park ticket machine at Largs to work properly.

I had only just bought my ticket for Kings Park when I heard the two fellas who had been in the queue behind me asking for returns to Mount Florida... Ended up talking to them for 10 minutes on Glengarnock platform, me and two Jambos :D :D ;)

DH1875
20-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Gray top that is

Think I've just realized who you are, you should have said hi. Didn't think much of the place though. What with the no colours crap and trying to stop the singing. Can't believe the staff had a nerve to go up to people and ask them to cover their jersey's. Put a few people off and they just left. In the end, they couldn't stop the singing though, good stuff :aok:. Ended up leaving and going to the Montford before kick off with one of you. Sorry mate but can't remember your name and Cheers for the Bud bud :thumbsup:.