PDA

View Full Version : Dalglish sacked

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Talksport saying he may have been sacked?

Hibs7
15-05-2012, 10:35 AM
About time, crap manager.

Pretty Boy
15-05-2012, 10:39 AM
He was meeting with the owners today but said he was sure his job was safe.

Personally think the owners would be taking a massive risk sacking him. The fans, for a whole host of reasons, love him.

I think Dalglish could stand aside with his head held high. A trophy in the cabinet and another final appearance. He could walk away and say he'd brought a bit stability but felt it was time to let someone else come in. There's no reason for him to risk a poor start to next season and the possibly face the indignity of being sacked.

Jack Ferrigan
15-05-2012, 10:40 AM

Was not a good manager for Liverpool. Good club player. Not a good Scotland player IMHO.

Thanks for the ticket advice yesterday Blackpoolhibs. They are now safely in my son's hands.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Was not a good manager for Liverpool. Good club player. Not a good Scotland player IMHO.

Thanks for the ticket advice yesterday Blackpoolhibs. They are now safely in my son's hands.

Glad you got your tickets sorted Jack. :thumbsup: I have to disagree with you though, i watched Dalglish play a lot of those games for Scotland, i remember some fantastic displays, Wales at Anfield, Spain Belgium and many more.

Plus he always turned up, he was proud to play for his country,:top marks he was certainly no Alan Hanson who only turned up when he felt like it.:rolleyes:

evertonianhibee
15-05-2012, 11:34 AM
As a evertonian I hope they don't sack him .

lapsedhibee
15-05-2012, 11:40 AM

Hounded out by the owners on mere grounds of results - despite the fact that the 'puddle have hit the post more often than many other teams this season.

Lambert to get the gig so that the subtitling machine at Anfield won't be wasted.

The Voice Of Reason
15-05-2012, 11:41 AM
As a evertonian I hope they don't sack him .

That says it all in my opinion :agree:

bod
15-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Hounded out by the owners on mere grounds of results - despite the fact that the 'puddle have hit the post more often than many other teams this season.

Lambert to get the gig so that the subtitling machine at Anfield won't be wasted.

end of the day its results that count.maybe the strikers should concentrate in getting the ball between the posts

cad
15-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Statement from the club next 24 Hrs . signing Charlie Adam should have got him the sack then and there

Winston Ingram
15-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Shame, I heard he'd just bid £20m for Shola Ameobi

easty
15-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Statement from the club next 24 Hrs . signing Charlie Adam should have got him the sack then and there

Jordan Henderson for £20m was ridiculous, a much worse signing that Charlie Adam for £7m.

cad
15-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Jordan Henderson for £20m was ridiculous, a much worse signing that Charlie Adam for £7m.

True mate add another £20 for Downing £35 for Big Andy Carrol way over the odds ,panic isnt the word .
I think Carrol will get better but £35 Million thats at least £15 million over what hes worth plus Newcastle have a big percentage added on if sold.
If youve got a 6`19" striker and a mid of Adam , Downing ,and Henderson £82 million pounds worth and your drawing with the likes Stoke ,Sunderland,
QPR , Wolves ,Bolton , Blackburn , Aston Villa your jackets on a shooglie peg but hes no sacked yet hes a huge asset to them I would think he will still be involved somewhere along the line .

yeezus.
15-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I know a few Liverpool fans who would be glad to see him go - a team of that stature shouldn't have such a poor home record

ekhibee
15-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I think his time is up as manager there, although I don't think he's been helped by some injuries to key players, namely Gerard for a good chunk of the season. I think Liverpool should be right up there with the top teams in the country, but IMO he paid much too much for players that simply aren't worth that kind of money. I do think that before he came back in, Liverpool had sold players that they should never let go, such as Crouch amongst others, so he was under pressure to bring in bigger name players that can put them quite near the top of the Premiership, but it clearly hasn't worked.

millarco
15-05-2012, 04:00 PM
If he does get the sack can we chalk that one up as an assist for Stewart Downing?

(shamelessly stolen from Twitter)

Golden Bear
15-05-2012, 04:04 PM
About time, crap manager.

:agree:

He got lucky for a few months but his shortcomings soon came to the surface.

Legend on the park undoubtedly but that's no guarantee of a successful managerial career.

jonty
15-05-2012, 04:08 PM
He was meeting with the owners today but said he was sure his job was safe.

Personally think the owners would be taking a massive risk sacking him. The fans, for a whole host of reasons, love him.

I think Dalglish could stand aside with his head held high. A trophy in the cabinet and another final appearance. He could walk away and say he'd brought a bit stability but felt it was time to let someone else come in. There's no reason for him to risk a poor start to next season and the possibly face the indignity of being sacked.

:agree:

he's steadied the ship and was only originally in it for the short term anyway was he not?

Dashing Bob S
15-05-2012, 04:09 PM
A great player, obviously, but not a manager and very out of time in the current era. Managed that Suarez situation very badly, and ultimately did no favors to a club who have always had decent PR.

I'm struggling to think of ANY manager in the 20 year history of the Premiership who has such a poor pounds-to-points ratio as Dalglish. He's been an astonishing failure, even more so when contrasted with his inability to finish ahead of David Moyes shoestring budget, let alone be nowhere near the CL spots. And the Premership title? Forget it. Liverpool under Dalglish are in the Stoke City zone. Another few seasons of that mediocrity and will be become ludicrous to mention Liverpool as a major English club, if it already hasn't. Get rid.

Wotherspiniesta
15-05-2012, 04:12 PM
With the players they have, their home record is nothing short of embarassing.

JimBHibees
15-05-2012, 04:35 PM
A great player, obviously, but not a manager and very out of time in the current era. Managed that Suarez situation very badly, and ultimately did no favors to a club who have always had decent PR.

I'm struggling to think of ANY manager in the 20 year history of the Premiership who has such a poor pounds-to-points ratio as Dalglish. He's been an astonishing failure, even more so when contrasted with his inability to finish ahead of David Moyes shoestring budget, let alone be nowhere near the CL spots. And the Premership title? Forget it. Liverpool under Dalglish are in the Stoke City zone. Another few seasons of that mediocrity and will be become ludicrous to mention Liverpool as a major English club, if it already hasn't. Get rid.

Completely agree especially the bit in bold.

Franck Stanton
15-05-2012, 04:49 PM
If he does get sacked - who cares ? I am a Hibs supporter and whatever Liverpool or anyone else does this week doesn't concern me the slightest.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 04:50 PM
If he does get sacked - who cares ? I am a Hibs supporter and whatever Liverpool or anyone else does this week doesn't concern me the slightest.

You cared enough to make that post. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
15-05-2012, 04:52 PM
As BT say Blackpool, it's good to talk.

P.S. Wisnae having a dig at you blackpool for the post, just giving my thoughts on Liverpool/Dalglish

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2012, 06:12 PM

I care :greengrin

Stevie Reid
16-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Gone: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18073446

Kenny Dalglish has left his post as Liverpool manager.
The 61-year-old has paid the price for Liverpool's poor performances in the Barclays Premier League.
Dalglish's departure comes after he held face-to-face talks with principal owners John W Henry and Tom Werner in Boston on Monday.
The Scot had been expected to depart on holiday on Wednesday but he postponed that and remains on Merseyside.
More to follow.

ScottB
16-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Always struck me as an appointment rather like some of our worst ones, they gave the fans who they wanted, rather than who was necessarily the best man for the job.

gobragh1875
16-05-2012, 03:26 PM
King kenny sacked

magpie1892
16-05-2012, 03:28 PM
King kenny sacked

As a Newcastle supporter, I really wanted him to stay on.

Absolute weapon of a man.

Koom
16-05-2012, 03:28 PM
King kenny sacked.............sure has, Mcleish in line???

CallumLaidlaw
16-05-2012, 03:31 PM
As an everton follower I thought he was doing a grad job too. Shame

HibbyAndy
16-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Good.

Dont need to listen to anymore off his smart erse interviews!.

Hibs7
16-05-2012, 03:33 PM
2 tossers out of work, but I am sure they both got very big payoffs, crazy that you get 100s of thousands for being crap at your job.

Pete
16-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Out the game for too long and it was a big ask for him to come back and produce immediately. Football is unfortunately a short-term business now.

Always a legend.

Barney McGrew
16-05-2012, 03:41 PM
It'll be interesting to see who they go for next.

The return of Rafa or maybe someone like Paul Lambert?

ScottB
16-05-2012, 03:45 PM

He'd be mad to go to there or Villa really, you're on hiding to nothing, limited budget compared to the big guns and a support that want success that just isn't going to happen.

If winning a cup is deemed not good enough, that says it all. They don't have a squad capable of finishing top 4, never mind challenging for the title.

heretoday
16-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Hear Hear! I hope Moyesie doesn't consider crossing the park.

JohnStephens91
16-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Chance it with Roberto Martinez or Juan Ignacio Martinez who has had a fantastic season with Levante. Or they could plump with Claudio Ranieri. I think any of these three are realistic choices.

Barney McGrew
16-05-2012, 03:50 PM
He'd be mad to go to there or Villa really, you're on hiding to nothing, limited budget compared to the big guns and a support that want success that just isn't going to happen

Realistically though, if he wants to stay in England then he's not going to move to one of the top four from Norwich. His best route to them would be to go to the Bundesliga to a big job there and do something special. Then he'd get a move to Man Utd or the likes down the line.

Liverpool is a huge step up from where he is both financially and in the potential he could unlock. They might not win the title, but as this year showed they can be a force in cups.

Brendan Rodgers may be a shout too. Liverpool have always had the 'play with a bit of style' mentality that he seems to get his players to adopt.

easty
16-05-2012, 03:51 PM
He'd be mad to go to there or Villa really, you're on hiding to nothing, limited budget compared to the big guns and a support that want success that just isn't going to happen.

If winning a cup is deemed not good enough, that says it all. They don't have a squad capable of finishing top 4, never mind challenging for the title.

They came 8th in the league. :rolleyes:

That's a terrible position for a club like Liverpool to finish. How much did they spend on Carroll, Adam, Downing, Henderson, Suarez? Limited budget my arse.

jgl07
16-05-2012, 03:58 PM

I would think Martinez looks a good bet.

easty
16-05-2012, 04:00 PM
After proving himself this season surely Neil Lennon is in with a shout? :faf:

LancsHibs
16-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Roberto Di Matteo would be a great shout for them (or Villa):agree:

West Upper
16-05-2012, 04:31 PM
The front runners according to online odds are Roberto Martinez, Rafael Benitez and Frank Rijkaard.

bingo70
16-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Would they have any chance of getting the boy from bilbao?

Sure they could afford him but would imagine he won't be short of offers

ScottB
16-05-2012, 04:59 PM
They came 8th in the league. :rolleyes:

That's a terrible position for a club like Liverpool to finish. How much did they spend on Carroll, Adam, Downing, Henderson, Suarez? Limited budget my arse.

I don't think they have a squad remotely capable of finishing much higher, maybe one or two places at most.

Well yeah, I suppose they spent a fortune on that lot, badly really. How much will be available to the new guy? Anything in the realms of what the Manc clubs, Chelsea and even Tottenham or Arsenal will spend? They need a vast amount of investment to challenge for a noticeably better finish than they got this year, with no CL football and a slim to none chance of qualifying for it they will struggle to attract the top players they need, further compounding their problem.

I suspect as a club they are going to have to get used to 8th place type finishes!

Hibernia Na Eir
16-05-2012, 05:11 PM
And i thought Liverpool never sacked their managers?

frazeHFC
16-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Although he is a legend at the club, i could see it coming. Yeah they won the League Cup but by all accounts a shocking season.

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2012, 07:52 PM

:confused: Did you enjoy the defeats to Liverpool this season then?

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Not shocked but sorry to see Kenny sacked, I hoped he would have walked after the cup final. One of my all time hero's a Liverpool legend forever in my eyes. So many good times, sad times, difficult times and more recently controversy but nothing will ever taint my memories of King Kenny.

Biggie
16-05-2012, 08:03 PM
King Kenny....who'd have thought it would turn out like that ?.
Winning their first cup for 6 years and almost winning 2 cups, normally that would be pretty good....I can only imagine it was his misguided support for suarez and the league form that cost him his job. (although some of his signings didn't help the cause)
Wish he'd walked at the end of the season instead of being sacked.

always be a ledge with the reds though

snooky
16-05-2012, 08:04 PM
.............sure has, Mcleish in line???

Maybes aye, maybes no' :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
16-05-2012, 08:06 PM
:confused: Did you enjoy the defeats to Liverpool this season then?

You mean the defeats in the league that Everton finished higher in, or the cup that they went out in the next round of?

Everton have finished above Liverpool only twice in a long long time, so that says it all. With their budget, Liverpool should be finishing comfortably above the likes of Everton and Newcastle.

Dunbar Hibee
16-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Avb?

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2012, 09:56 AM
You mean the defeats in the league that Everton finished higher in, or the cup that they went out in the next round of?

Everton have finished above Liverpool only twice in a long long time, so that says it all. With their budget, Liverpool should be finishing comfortably above the likes of Everton and Newcastle.

True Evertonians know the score :wink: