PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of those no longer with us, Saturday full time

Higgy115
16-05-2012, 02:14 PM
If we do it, who will you be thinking of at full time amidst the bedlam wishing they could be there to see it.

My Grandad
My mate Bill who died too young
Eddie Turnbull
Joe Baker
Erich Shaedler

tartanhibee
16-05-2012, 02:23 PM
My grandma
My uncle George both big hibs fans never to see us win the cup.
My grandad (Hearts fan)

I was trying to get a hibs/hearts split 50/50 scarf so I could put it on there rose bush at warriston but cant find one.

All inspirational people who mean so much to me but will have a belonging of each at hampden.

R.I.P

hibsfan7
16-05-2012, 02:25 PM
My 2 brothers davie
alistair

my niece dianne who worked for hibs in the late 80s
her husband keith

gordon smith bobby johnstone
eddie turnbull
willie ormond

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Perhaps if the fans resurrect some of the old chants during the final as a mark of respect?

H18sry
16-05-2012, 02:28 PM
My dad Ron Young
Donna's mum Audrey Collins
good friend Gordon "flash" Smith
Good friend Gog's Gray

And so many more we will do our best for you all RIP

kennyh
16-05-2012, 02:31 PM
My dad ~ he introduced me to football and took me to may games well I took him if truth be told as he only went because of me and when I was old enough to go on my own or with pals he rarely came.

Paul Kenny ~ Pal from Haddington, we had so much fun winding the jambo's up, it was almost cruel at times.

Roger Bagshaw ~ Funniest guy I ever knew ~ we never went to a match together unfortunately

RIP my friends

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2012, 02:31 PM
My mun dad and grandad, all good hibbys.

HH81
16-05-2012, 02:33 PM
My grandad.

H18sry
16-05-2012, 02:33 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554861_2825458770445_1678308893_1732353_1167216519 _n.jpg

Geo_1875
16-05-2012, 02:37 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554861_2825458770445_1678308893_1732353_1167216519 _n.jpg

Nice one. Surprised nobody mentioned Wee Mick.

kenny-55
16-05-2012, 02:43 PM
My dad who took me to many a game at easter road since i was about 6 years old ( I am now 57)
my uncle robert (dads brother) you could hear him shouting in the north stand at all the home games
my brother in law James/ jimmy/ pace who bet on hibs counless times against the jam tarts with his mates and rarely won a penny
and my father in law Sandy a gem of a man a closet hearts fan but the rest of his family and wife Mary staunch hibby's would be tickled pink if we won on saturday
god bless you all
:flag::flag:

Zander
16-05-2012, 02:49 PM
My Dad, Joe who would have been almost 81 if he was still alive.
Took me to see Hibs in the early 60's when I was only 4.
Lifted me over the turnstiles in the old east terracing car park

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I happen to be the only Hibs supporter in my family, but if we win the cup I think we will all be thinking of our loved lost ones. It's going to be a very emotional day that's for sure.

Purehibee_MYB
16-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Definitely my Grandad, with out him I wouldn't be a hibby!

hibeeleicester
16-05-2012, 03:08 PM
My Grandads brother!

Couldn't think of a bigger family of Hibees!

graciehfc
16-05-2012, 05:01 PM
IAN ( UNCLE HIBBY ) HIBBERD

HE WILL BE THERE ON SATURDAY

GGTTH:flag:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
16-05-2012, 05:22 PM
My dad died 4 years ago today. He would have loved to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup, he never did. Hopefully this Saturday he will be looking down and celebrating with me and my fellow Hibby's

Allant1981
16-05-2012, 05:23 PM
A friend of mines son died a few years ago at a young age but was a big hibs fan so hopefully he is smiling up there on sat afternoon

JJP
16-05-2012, 05:50 PM
My Grandad, he was responsible for making me a Hibby. He died a few years back and like a lot of the Hibs fans of his generation always wanted to see Hibs lift the cup and, unfortunately, never got to see it. One of the last things I ever said to him was that no matter what, if Hibs won the cup in my lifetime, I'd be there. I have something of his and will be taking it to Hampden with me on Saturday.

Topographic Hibby
16-05-2012, 06:27 PM
My Dad (d.2002)
My Grandad (d.1981) who was born in 1902....nuff said!!
Alan Gordon
Bobby Smith
Ned
and countless other good men who wore the green strip and/or the green scarf

TH

bodoglimt
16-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I would like to add my dad to the list who died on the 18th may 2011 who would of loved to have seen a hibs win.

This got me thinking the same as others on this thread about family and great hibs players of the past sadly no longer with us.

With this in mind I thought it would be a great gestureon the clubs part if when hopefully winning the cup that both Pat Stanton & Lawrie Reilly(if present at the game) join the team with Hibs tops on from their particular era.

This would show that winning the cup is not just about the hereand now it is about winning it and being part of the greatest footballing family that is HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB

Glory Glory:flag:

cal-d hibs
16-05-2012, 07:47 PM
My uncle Johnny Campbell(St Marys Street & Piershill, d.1991)
The man made me a Hibby, tell me tales of Hibs over many decades. he started watching hibs in the 30's when they were rotton but got his rewards with The Famous Five.
I know he'll be sitting with us on Saturday.

lyonhibs
16-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Though he wasn't a sports fan in the slightest, when we're belting out "Sunshine on Leith", I'll be greeting like a bairn for a 1000 reasons, most of all will be for my Dad, who would have been happy with a Hibs win because it made me happy, even more so against the Jambos.

GGTTH

StevieT
16-05-2012, 07:59 PM
My dad, Jimmy Turnbull, without whom I would not have been blessed to follow the boys in green. Thanks dad. I will be at the game on Saturday with a photo of him in my pocket. Hopefully he will be able to see them lift the cup after all.

Although he passed away 16 years ago, reading this thread is difficult, especially on such an motional subject.

RIP dad.

fatbloke
16-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Thinking of a few..

My grandfather. Paul Gray fi the Pans. Brenda F. Alex Cairns. Billy D. John Kay. Joe Galetta. Maude McFarlane. Kenny McLean Snr all gone but not forgotten.

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2012, 08:15 PM

Sad to see all those names, I have some great memories with certain people on there, gone but not forgotten......

Greenblood70
16-05-2012, 08:21 PM
My grandad...Eddie Clarke and my Uncle Danny Clarke. Both Hibbies and no longer with us.

Hibbyradge
16-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Eric "El Reeko" Law 18.11.1957 - 3.10.2009

Jones28
16-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Alan Goodwin who died in March, would've been great for him to be here :flag:

70hibby
16-05-2012, 08:37 PM
My auld man... Died 1 year too soon to see this historical occasion !

Chibs
16-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Jimmy Kent true gentleman

surreyhibbie
16-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Thinking of a few..

My grandfather. Paul Gray fi the Pans. Brenda F. Alex Cairns. Billy D. John Kay. Joe Galetta. Maude McFarlane. Kenny McLean Snr all gone but not forgotten.

Leakie. Shades.Alex Cairns (good shout), Kaiser

cs9
16-05-2012, 08:51 PM
My dad, died just over 4 weeks ago, age 92. Always reckoned he'd be around for a cup win.

3pm
16-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Come on Hibs. Stick it right up them.

For everyone past, present and future.

fatbloke
16-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Leakie. Shades.Alex Cairns (good shout), Kaiser

What a laddie Raymond was:wink:

newmarket_hibbee
16-05-2012, 08:58 PM
My dad, George, from Lockerbie....many memories driving back from midweek games down over the beeftub above Moffat, voice hoarse from shouting, the remains of a chinky carryoot on yer lap, fog so thick you could hardly see wher ye were going - great times dad, miss ya.

All the best to the Lockerbie bunch, sorry i wont be there, get right inty them!!!

Jay
16-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Liam Munroe - a brave young man, friend of us all and sadly missed from this messageboard.

This ones for you Liam! :agree:

chorley_fm
16-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Harry Grant - Centre Stand Legend

:not worth

Pretty Boy
16-05-2012, 10:41 PM
My Grandad.

And also one of my best, and oldest friends. He may have been a Hearts fan but he was taken far too soon last summer at only 20 years old. When (if?) Sunshine on Leith is blaring out at 5pm on Saturday I have absolutely no doubt I'll have a few tears in my eyes.

DMR1875
16-05-2012, 11:01 PM
May your God bless them all...

King Paddy
16-05-2012, 11:19 PM
My old man may he bless the boys in green and white from above.
If we win i'll cry like a bairn thinking of my dad.

Greentinted
16-05-2012, 11:40 PM
I hope this is in order.

A former colleague who became a good loyal pal was taken from us in 2007 in his late 40s will be in my thoughts irrespective of the outcome. Les was a Hearts man, originally from Shotts who settled in Edinburgh as a laddie.
Never nasty, bitter or pompous, he revelled in the banter but his mates always came first. A stalwart of the Rock Steady Security old school whose funeral was attended by sizeable representations from both clubs as well as the SRU and many others;
he would, no doubt, have opted to 'work' at Hampden this weekend and blagged himself a cushy number.

I'll give him a wee quiet nod at 3pm on Saturday safe in the knowledge that he would expect nothing less from me to declare that I hope his team get humped.

francobaresi
16-05-2012, 11:54 PM
My youngest brother, good Hibby and best friend... This is for him and the rest of the family that will be looking down on both sides of the divide...

The Harp
17-05-2012, 12:11 AM
My dad who died in '78 is never far from my thoughts. Although living in exile up here from his native Wallasey (Merseyside) took me to my first game v the Hertz in '51 - I've been hooked on the Hibs ever since.
Also my wife who passed away in '02, and who would've been at the game with me and the kids - hopefully, she'll be on our shoulders on the day.
One thing's for sure - I'm going to be in a worse state, emotionally, if we win than if we lose.

Gmack7
17-05-2012, 01:28 AM
john and harry taylor,now resting in the cemetary behind the goals,they will be watching together R.I.P

HibsMax
17-05-2012, 01:49 AM
I don't really come from a Hibee family. Parental grandparents lived on Findlay Gardens. Father played football but nobody really pushed me into supporterdom.

For that reason, if we do the job on Saturday then my thoughts will (partially) be with all the Hibs legends who, despite their greatness, fell short when it came to this most elusive of quarries.

FLHIBS
17-05-2012, 03:02 AM
I don't really come from a Hibee family. Parental grandparents lived on Findlay Gardens. Father played football but nobody really pushed me into supporterdom.

For that reason, if we do the job on Saturday then my thoughts will (partially) be with all the Hibs legends who, despite their greatness, fell short when it came to this most elusive of quarries.
Ok so I've had a few bevvies and flying from Miami back to Edinbury tomorrow but the postings just have me ... in tears....fek it's going to be one hell of a day !.....however, all steady the buffs and let's stuff those yam fuds and make it a happy day in heaven for those hibees that we dearly miss !...they will all be with us !

HibsMax
17-05-2012, 03:54 AM
*clink*

Stantons Angel
17-05-2012, 06:54 AM
id just like to add my sentiments to this posting.

There are many fans not with us on Saturday and i would like to mention a few of them and ask them to look down on Hampden on Saturday and will our team and support to get together as one and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

God bless my mum, she never could understand my passion for HIBS but she would be listening in to the radio broadcast just hoping they win and enjoying the thought of us singing and dancing in the streets!

My friends recently departed, the irrepresable Mick McGee, Wattie Robb, Maude McFarlane, Ronnie Young, Ricky Thomson and Gordon "Flash" Smith and my dear father in law John Evans Campbell who would be bursting with pride on Saturday knowing his team are going to do us proud. So sorry he wont be there with us to see this happen.

Apologies if ive missed anybody, there are too many gone but NEVER forgotten.

Come on Hibs and LETS DO IT for THEM!!!

GGTTH!

Tha Cabbage Kid
17-05-2012, 08:05 AM
my old work friend Alex Cairns season ticket holder in FF stand for many many years..

RIP big man. hope its our time.

darwenhibby
17-05-2012, 09:39 AM
First to my Uncle Drew known in the Hibs Club as Andy,
His Grandad my Great Grandad Charlie Smith who took him to ER as a kid and Drew made sure we are all hibby's down my mums side of the family.

On my Dads side, his uncles, Alex & Pat Gillespie who took my dad to Easter Road. Both My Grandads were Hibby's but never really went to the game.

This weekend my dad at 72 has got a pass off the old dear to go to Hampden, proud he is going to the game with all his grandsons who are Hibbys mainly based down here.

Bring it on

Rasta_Hibs
17-05-2012, 09:45 AM
ONe of my best mates David 'The Papa' Grieve! I know he will be watching us lift the trophy! RIP Papa!

Seveno
17-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I'll be in tears thinking about my Dad, who died 41 years ago, and brought up his sons to be Hibbys. Ably supported by my Mum.

Also my brother, Bill, who had to give up his ticket due to being ill and my brother, Gordon, whose sight is too poor for him to see it.

Our time has come, Hibs, please don't let us down.

:flag:

LeithBoozy
17-05-2012, 01:04 PM
So many friends and family, too many to mention RIP. A special mention for wee Jimmy who passed-on a few months back, I did not even know his second name. He passed me every home game, climbing the stairs in the FF. I always greeted him with the shout, F--- the Hearts Jim. He smiled but never reciprocated, to much of a gentleman. I will shed a tear for them all on Sat, god bless them all.

Future17
17-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Many years ago, as a young girl, my Grandma walked past Easter Road on a matchday. Attracted by the noise and colour, she made her way inside to find out what was going on. One taste of the atmosphere was enough – she fell in love with Hibernian and became a fan.

My Grandma died a few years ago, after the best part of a century as a season ticket holder at Easter Road. She never got to see her team win the Scottish Cup. However, she is the reason that my Dad, my brothers, my nephew and I are all Hibernian supporters and will be at Hampden on Saturday.

I'll be thinking about her and thanking her for making me the Hibee I am today.

GGTTH

gegs70
17-05-2012, 01:24 PM
If we do it, who will you be thinking of at full time amidst the bedlam wishing they could be there to see it.

My Grandad
My mate Bill who died too young
Eddie Turnbull
Joe Baker
Erich Shaedler

My dad....he would have been 86 this Saturday.

homielang
17-05-2012, 04:31 PM
If we win Wallace Mercer and I will point at the ground and laugh.

Seriously though I will be thinking of all of my Cousins at Hampden and in Edinburgh and the joy they will be feeling at our victory.

Halmyre Hibee
17-05-2012, 06:08 PM
My grandad Charlie (born 1901) and of Irish descent who lived in the Cowgate. Him & his mates went to see Hibs one week and Hearts the next!
My pop Hector who once told me he travelled back to see Hibs lose to Airdrie in the Scottish Cup Final in 1924.
My 2 mates Alan Salvona & Eric Docherty who are no longer with us.

Lets do it for them Hibs.

Cuddles
17-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Liam Munroe - a brave young man, friend of us all and sadly missed from this messageboard.

I was really touched by this post, I can't tell you how much it means to me that people still remember my wonderful son. His story touched so many people on this forum and the support we received was simply amazing :thumbsup:. Saturday is such a huge occassion, but even more so for us, you see it should have been Liam's 21st birthday, so it will be even more momentous for us.
Me (Liam's mum) his grandad Hamish, who wheeled him onto the Easter Road pitch when he lead the team out, and his big brother Brent will be at the game on Saturday. And I am positive Liam will be with us in spirit:agree:.

onfire
17-05-2012, 06:38 PM
My Dad- last year.

although he's gone,
And is now in heaven,
He was there when we scored 7!

davey 2 good
17-05-2012, 06:58 PM
My cousin John Boyle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H18SScottW
17-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Great stuff everyone - no better example of the Hibernian family than this thread. It's who we are.

I am now, and will be on Saturday, thinking of and remembering my Auntie Pat and cousin George from Brunswick Terrace (both taken from us too young) and my wonderful parents, both born and bred Leithers: Mum passed away in 2005 and Dad in 2009. Dad saw us win the league in the 50's but of course not this one and because of him I was never going to be anything but a Hibee. He and I went to Hampden together in '91 but he was too ill to make it in '07 - he was so pleased with that day.

God bless 'em.

Northern Hibby
17-05-2012, 07:03 PM
My Mum & Dad, both big Hibbys

HibbyAndy
17-05-2012, 07:08 PM
My best mate Sammy Thompson that was killed by a taxi at 18 years of age. ( 18 Years ago).

Stevie Inglis

My Grandad

My Uncle George.

Many many many more...The sky over Hampden will be littered with Hibby's looking down, I honestly believe that..The Biggest ever game in our history and we are lucky enough to live within that Era.Lets win it Hibs.Please. Lets just win it and have the mother of all party's at Easter rd!.

DarlingtonHibee
17-05-2012, 07:09 PM
To Joe - a great Hibs fan, and also a great Dad to Kevin -I know you will be watching over us....

PaulSmith
17-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Simon Barrett from Parkhead, top bloke. :agree:

Sherlock Jones
17-05-2012, 07:23 PM
My Dad, Charlie, who passed away last August. His dad supported the Gorgie lot so I am obviously ever-thankful to my father for rebelling against the dark side and bringing me up right. It helped that he lived only a couple of stone-throws from the stadium and so the die was cast. Dad took me to the 1972 League Cup Final and to the 1973 7-0 Demolition Derby and loads of games before and after, home and away.

Also my Uncle Alan (Dad's younger brother) who I didn't meet as he died in a childhood accident but I have his autograph book which boasts a few pages of the great Hibs players' names from the '50s, one of whom I was lucky enough to meet last week - Mr Reilly :not worth - and get his autograph myself.

leithman
17-05-2012, 07:29 PM
My Dad saw a few league cups but never a Scottish Cup.
Same for my uncle Charlie.
Tom Hart.
My cousin John.

All Hibby's who have passed to the great terrace in the sky.

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Simon Barrett from Parkhead, top bloke. :agree:

Simon was a great dude, had many a laugh with him:not worth

Seveno
17-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I was really touched by this post, I can't tell you how much it means to me that people still remember my wonderful son. His story touched so many people on this forum and the support we received was simply amazing :thumbsup:. Saturday is such a huge occassion, but even more so for us, you see it should have been Liam's 21st birthday, so it will be even more momentous for us.
Me (Liam's mum) his grandad Hamish, who wheeled him onto the Easter Road pitch when he lead the team out, and his big brother Brent will be at the game on Saturday. And I am positive Liam will be with us in spirit:agree:.

One of the best reasons yet for Hibs to win. Win it for Liam, Hibs.

We'll all be thinking of your amazing son and his wonderful family, Cuddles.

Higgy115
17-05-2012, 08:09 PM

Darn and drat, i had almost made it through today without the tears...... This got me again though.

hibs62
17-05-2012, 08:18 PM
My lovely Mum who died 6 years ago next week. She was a Jambo (her only flaw!) but I know if she was here today, she'd be over the moon for me and my big sister if Hibs win! Oh god, i'm greetin again....

Big Frank
17-05-2012, 08:19 PM
My Uncle - Harry Grant.

My Geordie Hibby pal - Graeme Sutherland.

I will be thinking of you both this Saturday.

Always remembered.

StantonDelivered
17-05-2012, 08:32 PM
My aunt, Mary Mitchell, who first took me to see Hibs in season 63/64. She introduced me to the Hibs family. Pat Hughes, a dyed in the wool Hibby all his days. And many of my family who are no longer with us. They will be with me on Saturday

Jim44
17-05-2012, 08:43 PM
My dad, who rescued me from a lifetime of Jamboism. My dad was a trawlerman and was at sea most of the time. As an innocent 7 year old, my Jambo uncle, but a really great guy, used to take me and my cousin to Tynecastle every other week. Fortunately my dad packed in his job at sea and invoked his paternal rights, insisting that I 'start to support a real team'. I've never looked back. He would have been 90 this year.

OxoHibby
17-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Be thinking of my dad Bob who passed away in 2010.

My uncles Tom an Harry (who used to run the Albion Bar) and my granddad.

All brought up round Easter Road and great Hibbies who saw great teams but never a cup win.

A win and rendition of SOL thinking of them will probably push me over the edge.

Jay
17-05-2012, 08:50 PM

Oh I know he will. That day at Easter road will never leave me. A boy I had never met touched my heart that day. :agree:

Manxhibs
17-05-2012, 08:50 PM
My grandad died in 2000, used to call me every Sunday to talk about the Hibs. He's big part of the reason I'm a Hibs fan today. I'd love him to have been able to see us win the cup on Saturday. Come on Hibs, it's our year!!!!

clerriehibs
17-05-2012, 08:53 PM
My dad - 6 years ago today.

17-05-2012, 09:34 PM

I remember reading on this message board about his sad passing. So sad and so tragic when someone so young is taken, the world can be a very cruel and unfair place sometimes. But i'm sure he'll be looking down on Hampden from high above, cheering on the famous Green & White!

So many great hibernian players and fans who sadly wont be there with us on saturday as we aim to make history. Most never got to see us achieve winning the Scottish cup and they would have loved to be there on saturday.

Lets do it for them :flag:

PatHead
17-05-2012, 09:51 PM
40 years ago my dad took me to my first Hampden visit. It didn't end well in front of over 100,000 fans. He wasn't a massive Hibs supporter but took me to my first game in 1969. My 6 brothers are all Arabs courtesy of my grandad. I dug out his scarf which has a big rip down it and my wife is stitching it up as I write this. I will wear it with so much pride as I take him with me on Saturday when we break the curse. I so wish he was here with me. Honest I'm crying thinking about it.

I've managed tickets for all my 4 grown up children but would cash them all in to share the day with my dad.

Who would you take with you if you had 1 ticket?

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2012, 09:55 PM
I'd take my dad too, he took me to my first game in the early 60s, then every week until i could go on my own. I'm sure he and all those who are not with us anymore, will be watching from above on Saturday, willing us to win. Its gonna be emotional. :agree:

ronaldo7
17-05-2012, 09:56 PM
My Faither.

He'd have loved the fact that I will go to Hampden with my Grandson on my shoulders, just as he done with me.

In between times I've celebrated cup wins with my Son and Daughter, but oh to be in the main stand at Hampden again on his shoulders when Paddy lifted the cup.

Hibrandenburg
17-05-2012, 10:03 PM
First to my Uncle Drew known in the Hibs Club as Andy,
His Grandad my Great Grandad Charlie Smith who took him to ER as a kid and Drew made sure we are all hibby's down my mums side of the family.

On my Dads side, his uncles, Alex & Pat Gillespie who took my dad to Easter Road. Both My Grandads were Hibby's but never really went to the game.

This weekend my dad at 72 has got a pass off the old dear to go to Hampden, proud he is going to the game with all his grandsons who are Hibbys mainly based down here.

Bring it on

Aye Duane, there'll be a long line of drinks on the bar for those not with us on Saturday night. Funny thing is that that's the only thing that's got me emotional about the game, let's hope that's a good omen. Enjoy the day cous!

GGTTH

Leithenhibby
17-05-2012, 10:09 PM
40 years ago my dad took me to my first Hampden visit. It didn't end well in front of over 100,000 fans. He wasn't a massive Hibs supporter but took me to my first game in 1969. My 6 brothers are all Arabs courtesy of my grandad. I dug out his scarf which has a big rip down it and my wife is stitching it up as I write this. I will wear it with so much pride as I take him with me on Saturday when we break the curse. I so wish he was here with me. Honest I'm crying thinking about it.

I've managed tickets for all my 4 grown up children but would cash them all in to share the day with my dad.

Who would you take with you if you had 1 ticket?

That was my first visit to Hampden also, and Yes, I'd take my Dad along without a blink of an eye. :not worth

My Dad has been gone for years now, but I still fill-up when I listen to this wee sad number from The proclaimers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ_-45vRLoc

northseahibby
17-05-2012, 10:16 PM
My Grandads brother!

Couldn't think of a bigger family of Hibees!

Uncle Freddy Dray

TrickyNicky
17-05-2012, 11:00 PM
My Grandad - Bill " Scouse" Wilcox.:not worth

TrickyNicky
17-05-2012, 11:02 PM

For Liam :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
17-05-2012, 11:06 PM
When we win it I'll shed many tears. Just now trying to be strong and do it for them and the dream we shared.

ronaldo7
17-05-2012, 11:07 PM
For Liam :agree:

And we'll be thinking of you, and the family Cuddles.

falkirkhib
17-05-2012, 11:17 PM
My uncle Earl, a dye in the wool Jambo! Always remember the night out we had after the 6-2 game, the banter and the beers after. That's why we're better from the East!
Thinking of him whatever the result.

Delboy4
17-05-2012, 11:36 PM
My Grandad, Jimmy Kerr who was a great Hibby, He died 22 years ago but I can still see him wearing his dark green scarf with the thin white lines (1970's) scarf round his neck at the games. He'll be looking down on the game watching his team. C'mon the Cabbage.
GGTTH

sadtom
17-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I'll be thinking of a number of friends and family.
Particularly my uncle Pat Rogan who took me to some games as a kid and who sadly passed away late last year in his early 90's. He had requested the red flag, GGTTH and SoL as the songs for his funeral. A man of principals and taste.
My cousin Ian Rogan, who i'd alway talk Hibs with whenever i saw him.
A few friends, particularly Davy Smith, Shaun Henderson and Paul Black who were all taken way to soon and should still be here to enjoy the day.
But mostly my mum, Winnie Joyce, who would be 90 now, a passionate lifelong Hibby who like my uncle was raised in the shadow of St Pats, who passed on her love of all things Hibernian to me and took me to my 1st game as a 4 year old.
In an era when it wasn't as common for women to go to football my mum was a regular attender for decades, travelling to wembely attending the coronation cup final, the famous eintract frankfurt v real madrid game, and a host of Hibs european glory nights and most importantly, saw her beloved Hibs win the league 3 times.
Due to her invalidity she stopped going to games in the late 70's. The last game she went to was the 1st of the 3 games in the '79 cup final and after the 3rd i remember her being crestfallen and saying 'i'll never see them win that bloody cup'. I didn't believe her and prayed she would. Sadly she never did as she died some 11 weeks before the 5-1 league cup win.
I'll be taking a photo of her with me.

Lets do this! For ALL the Hibernian angels high above.
GGTTH

hibeeleicester
18-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Uncle Freddy Dray

we need to win it for that story you told me about the skol cup final!

Hibs07p
18-05-2012, 10:32 AM
This thread should be retitled Hibernians Angels. I've known a few good Hibbies to have passed on over the years and more recently Mark, my mates son. Mark was also a friend of my son, as they were similar ages, when we used to meet up in the Almond Suite. I know come final whistle on Saturday, " we'll all be singing, to the Angels high above, singing glory to the Hibees, the team that we all love, 7-0" For you Mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKAs2mnQUA&feature=related

Teo10
18-05-2012, 10:57 AM

I really hope for this reason the day plans out to be how Liam would have wanted:agree:

kaimendhibs
18-05-2012, 11:50 AM
My Grandad Andrew Edgar, took me to first ever hibs game, He loved Hibs
My Uncle Davie, took me to many games including first ever hearts away
My Uncle Harry

All big hibbys

My dear pal Donnie, big hearts supporter

Jamesie
18-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Danny Pace - same age as me, 31, and died in a mountain biking accident last year, far too young. Die hard Hibby and East Stand regular.

My uncle Charlie Foy.

Bob Cairns.

silverhibee
18-05-2012, 12:07 PM
My Dad, passed away 2 years ago.

Peevemor
18-05-2012, 12:26 PM
My Dad, "big Jim" (even though he was smaller than my brother "wee Jim"). He died suddenly at his work in 1999 aged 62 - the boss gave everyone, 20+ guys, the day off to attend his funeral.

He took me and 2 mates to our first game and me and the same 2 mates took him to his last. Even after I started working, as it got toward the end of the month (well anytime after the first week :greengrin) he always made sure I had the dosh to get to matches, home and away.

I can't make it across for the match, but my dad will be there in spirit every bit as much as I will.

GGTTH.

Judas Iscariot
18-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Not the best thread to be reading during the day at work :boo hoo:

Come on Hibs, this means more to us than it does to them :pray:

RiseAbove
18-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Fortunately my loved one are all still with me, however a few years back either the Saturday before we played Liege or Anderlecht away I was in Ladbrokes in Elm Row and got talking to a young lad about going to Belgium for the match, while we were in Belgium I heard that a Hibs supporter had died in a train accident on the way to the match, when I got back home I discovered that it was the guy I had been speaking to in Ladbrokes, I cant remember his name sadly, that is who I will be thinking of on Saturday when we lift the cup.

Taz_hibee
18-05-2012, 01:42 PM
My Dad Charlie who passed away last August, will be thinking about you tomorrow :scarf:

EuanH78
18-05-2012, 02:31 PM
My Dad - 6 weeks ago. Havent scattered his ashes yet so will be taking a wee bit of him with me. My mrs gave me a Hibs branded tobacco tin earlier today engraved in his memory for the purpose and I'll be taking along his vintage hibby scarf. I might be a mess at full time :agree::pfgwa

johnrebus
18-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Jock McEwan from Kincardine/Alloa.

He's been dead for more than twenty years, but still the greatest Hibbie I ever knew.

If we do it, I will be thinking of him.

BarneyK
18-05-2012, 02:55 PM
My dad, who passed on Christmas Eve just there. He'll be in our thoughts tomorrow. :flag:

lyonhibs
18-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Danny Pace - same age as me, 31, and died in a mountain biking accident last year, far too young. Die hard Hibby and East Stand regular.

My uncle Charlie Foy.

Bob Cairns.

Will have Danny in my mind as well. Sat near him many a time in the East, old and new. Knew him through my best mate.

stokesmessiah
18-05-2012, 03:06 PM
My Grandad. Jim Douglas.
Took me to my first ever game and was Hibs daft.

Strange to think he spent his whole life watching Hibs and never got to see them lift the holy grail
(mind you i might as well).

Will be quite emotional if they lift the cup tomorrow. I hope he is up there watching down.

YehButNoBut
18-05-2012, 03:22 PM
My Dad Bob a good Leith man who died in Nov 2008.

Took me to all my early games (mostly lift overs) and to my first cup final, against Celtic in 1972, (will not mention the result) around 106,000 at that game.

I am sure he and my uncle Tommy will be looking down and hopefully bring us good luck.

Darth Hibbie
18-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Its been 17 years since my dad passed away. Making this year the point when I have spent half my life with him and half without.

There is no doubt that the place I miss him most is at Easter Road, but I am sure he will be with me tomorrow at Hampden.

:pfgwa

NthCarolinaHibs
18-05-2012, 09:24 PM
My Dad, who's birthday it would have been on May 20th...when we'll still be celebrating lifting the Cup.

Love the Green
18-05-2012, 09:35 PM
My mum who always called me to see how they had performed... passed away 2010
My great friend Neil Alison who died so young and with whom I spent many fine times both following hibs and other social events............ passed away 2007
My globetrotting cousin TEZ whose 2 sons will be with me at the game tomorrow. he travelled from all corners of the globe to follow the HI-BEES in cup finals... passed away 2011.
All loved and missed greatly

For you all we shall
"KEEP THE FAITH":hibees

ozzie
18-05-2012, 09:37 PM
My dad who died on Christmas eve, my grandad, my uncle Henry & my nana (who was a closet jambo but was always delighted to see both edinburgh teams do well).

ruthven_raiders
18-05-2012, 09:44 PM
My mum passed away in 2002 and my dad died 2005 five weeks after our first child was born, zander 7yrs old now I'll be there with his hibs teddy that grandpa for him when he was born. My dad played for hibs 1939-40 he will be with me and I will be crying at full time I'd we win, I will remember my dad who went to countless finals 6-1 to Celtic and he took me when I was 3 to my first game a reserve match against the Gers.

Tam
18-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Tommy Mcgovern, in heaven he will be singing with the angels high above.

Twiglet
18-05-2012, 10:03 PM
My gran who died 11 months ago. She lived in Leith and the area for many years, my grandpa was church officer at the church on the corner of London Road for a few years too.
She wasn't a football fan, but in the months before she died when I went to visit her in the hospital she'd always ask how Hibs were doing. She had 2 of her own blankets when she was in hospital, one a cerise-y/maroon colour, the other green. When I'd go in, if she had her green blanket on she'd say "look, I've got my Hibs blanket on" and when my great uncle called, she made sure to point out she had her Hibs blanket on, not the hearts one.