PDA

View Full Version : Robbo provides further 'Dressing Room Wall' motivation for the Hibees

MacBean
16-05-2012, 11:16 AM
He said: "Am I confident Hearts are going to win the cup? Absolutely.
"If we turn up and play as we can play, there is only one winner.
"But you don't want to get too cocky and go into a final saying we're going to win 4-0 or 5-0.
"All that does is fire up the opposition.
"There should be a confidence rather than an arrogance.
"Yes, take confidence from our better league position, yes take confidence from the current derby run of 10 without defeat and yes take confidence from the result when we last played Hibs at Hampden."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18079732 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18079732)
:rolleyes:

chrisski33
16-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Robbo is a wee fat jambo whose also a * manager!

Allant1981
16-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Little scrote, i really really hope we win on sat. I hate them with a passion

PatHead
16-05-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18079732 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18079732)
:rolleyes:

Roughly what he said on the radio last night.

He also added that it was all down to the Billy Brown influence that we were away to Ireland as they did that when Hearts won the cup in 1990 whatever. So they will still claim it was down to Hearts that we won the Cup. I Hearts being crap.

Pretty Boy
16-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Over the years, despite his goals against us, I was always quite indifferent about 'Robbo'. Didn't like him but didn't particularly hate him either.

Since his utterly classless spell as their manager though he has become an absolute welt. Another fat yam tramp I can't wait to see greeting on Saturday night.

JohnStephens91
16-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Where are all the pro-Hibs people they are interviewing this week? Not seen a single Hibs legend, or someone connected to Hibs being interviewed about the final. Of course they had Jackson and the utter hole Hartley, but they both played for Hearts and one hates us half as much as we despise him. Cracking job from the BBC.

Gerard
16-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Over the years, despite his goals against us, I was always quite indifferent about 'Robbo'. Didn't like him but didn't particularly hate him either.

Since his utterly classless spell as their manager though he has become an absolute welt. Another fat yam tramp I can't wait to see greeting on Saturday night.

I have no problem with the thoughts of JR. Let him think and say what he wants. Let Hearts believe that they are the 'big team, a better team and that they should win the Cup. If we should win the Cup; that is the thing i want to see happen:wink:

Sammy7nil
16-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Where are all the pro-Hibs people they are interviewing this week? Not seen a single Hibs legend, or someone connected to Hibs being interviewed about the final. Of course they had Jackson and the utter c**thole Hartley, but they both played for Hearts and one hates us half as much as we despise him. Cracking job from the BBC.

6.10pm tomorrow the show is live from ER

PaulC
16-05-2012, 11:30 AM
BBC Scotland programme coming from ER on thursday so hopefully that will balance up the coverage.

Jim44
16-05-2012, 11:33 AM
He is a classless tw@t. At the end of the programme last night, when the guests were asked for their tip to win, he just laughed.

Jim44
16-05-2012, 11:35 AM
6.10pm tomorrow the show is live from ER

Jim Traynor, again, was meant to be on it, but he is replaced, thank goodness, by Tom English, who might not fancy us but will be impartial and objective.

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Where are all the pro-Hibs people they are interviewing this week? Not seen a single Hibs legend, or someone connected to Hibs being interviewed about the final. Of course they had Jackson and the utter hole Hartley, but they both played for Hearts and one hates us half as much as we despise him. Cracking job from the BBC.

Who cares?

I'd rather the spotlight wasn't on us at all.

We'll steal the spotlight at the final. :aok:

Baader
16-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Robbo has let himself go - who cares what he says.

Here he is pointing the way to the nearest Greggs

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/javaImages/72/8d/0,,10289~3902834,00.jpg

Hibs7
16-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Hope the little obnoxious turd is eating his words come Saturday evening, if so he will be getting it big time from all the Hibbies.

MacBean
16-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Have to say that I am very pleased to see both Robbo and Beattie holding the cup in the BBC/Metro articles... we all know the curse.

JohnStephens91
16-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Who cares?

I'd rather the spotlight wasn't on us at all.

We'll steal the spotlight at the final. :aok:

True, but it is rather annoying when you want to hear even just a little bit about your team. Plus we have the frothing slot of Traynor on almost all the time and oh I hate Scottish football journalism.

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 11:45 AM
True, but it is rather annoying when you want to hear even just a little bit about your team. Plus we have the frothing slot of Traynor on almost all the time and oh I hate Scottish football journalism.

Don't listen to it then.

Turn off your radio and ignore the articles. They only exist to wind us up like this.

Only 1 thing matters now.

PatHead
16-05-2012, 11:52 AM

To be fair on BBC and balanced/unbiased which they are certainly not. On this occassion Hibs decided to take the players away to Ireland to avoid the build up. On Monday BBC had Rod Petrie, Thursday they have a show from Easter Road.

Probably about right

green glory
16-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Robbo and Trayner are both fat penguins. Glad that's sorted.

On a side note, if we win on Saturday (deffo) and if we have more season ticket holders than them for next season (maybe), does that make us the big team?

NeilOrrSquareBa
16-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Rather than pile bile and contempt on Robbo and his thoughts take an objective look at what he says and, as the OP stated pin it up on the wall for the Hibees to consider.

He said: "Am I confident Hearts are going to win the cup? Absolutely.
His opinion
"If we turn up and play as we can play, there is only one winner.
His opinion
"But you don't want to get too cocky and go into a final saying we're going to win 4-0 or 5-0.
"All that does is fire up the opposition.

We’d like to hope so!!
"There should be a confidence rather than an arrogance.
Fairy Nuff.
"Yes, take confidence from our better league position
FACT
yes take confidence from the current derby run of 10 without defeat
FACT
and yes take confidence from the result when we last played Hibs at Hampden."
IRRRELEVANT
He also says that Skatchel is the man to win it as he can pull one out the bag. Can’t disagree with that either.
It’s about US on Saturday. If we turn up and want to play we’ll give them a game and with a bit of luck and resolute attitude we’ll win it.
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

johnrebus
16-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Where are all the pro-Hibs people they are interviewing this week? Not seen a single Hibs legend, or someone connected to Hibs being interviewed about the final. Of course they had Jackson and the utter Hartley, but they both played for Hearts and one hates us half as much as we despise him. Cracking job from the BBC.

In one of the newsapers yesterday, Darren Jackson admitted he had been a Hearts fan when young, but hoped Hibs would win the cup because he had the best years of his career at Easter Road.

:cb

LeithBoozy
16-05-2012, 12:42 PM
All of them Robbo, Traynor, in fact a huge worldwide audience. Will be left in no doubt just how much the Hibs are loved, as soon as the teams walk out on Sat. :greengrin GGTTH. The best club, Team and fans in the world!

16-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Who cares what that fat clown thinks TBH.

:flag:

Wotherspiniesta
16-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Nice opinion Robbo. Let's talk about some facts though:

John Robertson is a washed up, fat alcoholic.

allezsauzee
16-05-2012, 12:52 PM
In one of the newsapers yesterday, Darren Jackson admitted he had been a Hearts fan when young, but hoped Hibs would win the cup because he had the best years of his career at Easter Road.

:cb

Ooh ahh Jackson Ahh, ooh ahh Jackson ahhh!

HNA12
16-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Please don't start posting up hearsay etc on here. Im sure you can get the message across with it. The swear filter is there for a reason too, please don't bypass it. Cheers all. :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
16-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Please don't start posting up hearsay etc on here. Im sure you can get the message across with it. The swear filter is there for a reason too, please don't bypass it. Cheers all. :thumbsup:

It's not hearsay, but fair enough. It's not relevant. :aok:

Let's just leave it as Robbo is a slavering jambo turd.

JimBHibees
16-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Personally didnt think that what he said was particularly offensive. Got to remember where he was and who was in the audience. He was actually responding to a question from a slightly over-confident fan which went along the lines of, "Can you give me a reason why Hearts wont win the final, 4 or 5-0?". :rolleyes:

Robertson made a very good point when he quoted what his son a Hibby told him. Something along the lines of "If Hearts win it remains the same as it is now, if Hibs win, EVERYTHING CHANGES". which to be fair to Young Robbo, is absolutely spot on and why Hearts fans, are absolutely bricking it this Saturday.