PDA

View Full Version : NHC England squad for Euro 2012

PatHead
16-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Surprised they aren't taking Rio along as rumoured in the press. Andy Carroll over Peter Crouch, not sure about that!

--------
16-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Surprised they aren't taking Rio along as rumoured in the press. Andy Carroll over Peter Crouch, not sure about that!

England squad:

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Robert Green, John Ruddy.

Defenders - Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry.

Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.

Strikers - Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck.

Standby - Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 12:37 PM
If they get through the group stages it should be considered a success

easty
16-05-2012, 12:38 PM
England squad:

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Robert Green, John Ruddy.

Defenders - Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry.

Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.

Strikers - Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck.

Standby - Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge

Jack Butland? :dunno:

Mon Dieu4
16-05-2012, 12:40 PM
With Rooney out for a few games don't fancy their chances with the other strikers there or the defence, actually or the midfield Haha

PatHead
16-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Whose Jack Butland?

Haymaker
16-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Whose Jack Butland?

Young keeper at brum IIRC. Very highly rated.

LancashireHibby
16-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Looks distinctly average to me. The lack of quality goalkeepers is shocking.

HH81
16-05-2012, 12:54 PM
That squad has no chance of getting anywhere in the euros.

Not a chance.

easty
16-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Looks distinctly average to me. The lack of quality goalkeepers is shocking.

That's the least of thier problems. Joe Hart is a quality keeper, you only need one.

The squad as a whole is distinctly average.

I fancy the Germans to win the Euros.

LancashireHibby
16-05-2012, 01:30 PM
That's the least of thier problems. Joe Hart is a quality keeper, you only need one.

The squad as a whole is distinctly average.

I fancy the Germans to win the Euros.
Yes Joe Hart is class, but if he gets injured/suspended then it's down to a Championship or uncapped goalkeeper.

BoltonHibee
16-05-2012, 01:32 PM
This is going to be great, can't wait to see them getting pumped out.

No depth at all

SlickShoes
16-05-2012, 01:38 PM
That is the weakest england squad I have seen for some time, I have no idea how Andy Carroll has been selected though.

Good luck to them, they will need it in spades.

Posh Swanny
16-05-2012, 01:53 PM
The squad aint up to much but Fabio had hit upon a half-decent formation before he departed:

Hart
Johnson, Lescott, Terry, Cole
Parker, Barry (or Lampard)
Gerrard (or Lampard)
Walcott, Young
Rooney

That's far from a poor team. Unfortunately Rooney is out for the first two games, the rest of the squad is horrendous and Roy likes his 4-4-2, which will see our midfield get well and truly mullered.

Getting out of the group should be cause for dusting down the open top bus.

Wotherspiniesta
16-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Downing? :hilarious

With Kyle Walker out, I'm surprised Micah Richards hasn't been selected TBH. Can cover right back and CB.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Who cares?, Sky sports news has got them down to win it so that will be that then.

--------
16-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes Joe Hart is class, but if he gets injured/suspended then it's down to a Championship or uncapped goalkeeper.

Green's likely to be back in the EPL. He's one of my very favourite England keepers. :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxspfInbLV8

Hodgson will have them organised, and they may well play above themselves, but there's a distinct lack of quality in there.

Most of the other finals teams would fancy their chances, I'd say.

lyonhibs
16-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Who cares?, Sky sports news has got them down to win it so that will be that then.

This. Folk at work down here micro-analysing it as if it makes a blind bit of difference.

A defeat in the quarters on penalties is the very best to be expected, as usual.

Couldn't care less.

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I love the Euro's.

Its a great chance to watch England embarass themselves against the big guns.

LancashireHibby
16-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Green's likely to be back in the EPL.
That's very true, but if he had any real quality then you'd have expected an EPL club to sign him the minute West Ham went down rather than having a year in the Championship.

HH81
16-05-2012, 02:35 PM
If hart got injured I would rather ruddy in goal than green.

Don't think I will watch too much of the whole thing.

--------
16-05-2012, 02:42 PM
That's very true, but if he had any real quality then you'd have expected an EPL club to sign him the minute West Ham went down rather than having a year in the Championship.

I was being a wee bit pedantic, there. And I actually don't think he's very good. IMO if Hart gets injured, they're in deep doo-doo keeperwise.

And Rooney misses the first two matches ....

Posh Swanny
16-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I love the Euro's.

Its a great chance to watch England embarass themselves against the big guns.

And it's always a safe bet for you lot! England could* surpass all expectations in reaching the final, receiving plaudits from around the world for our enterprising play, but unless we actually win the bloody thing you guys are guaranteed a schadenfreude-filled evening of glee at some point!

* that's "could" in the very loosest sense!

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2012, 03:15 PM
When does the Scotland squad for the Euro's get announced?

heretoday
16-05-2012, 03:19 PM
It's a stodgy and uninteresting squad. Defoe? Downing? Crouch and Lennon should be there at least but how about some of the guys who have come through this season like Danny Graham of Swansea or Grant Holt of Norwich.

And Henderson on standby? He's hopeless. Hodgson has written his own resignation letter early as England will get regally humped.

jgl07
16-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Some dimwit on the BBC site was moaning that Jordan Rhodes (the top goalscorer in English Football) had not been selected.

Funnily enough, neither has Robin Van Persie!

.Sean.
16-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Compared to squads they've had in the past, that is a very, very average pool of players in comparison to the other big European Footballing nations.

Haymaker
16-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Micah Richards must be thinking "what the **** have I got to do?"

HibbyAndy
16-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Stewart Downing? :Ummm:

That England team doesn't harbour a hope in hell of winning the Euro's.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-05-2012, 04:30 PM

:zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

hibsbollah
16-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Poor team. Hodgson is a good manager and if they stick to a counterattacking game they mighy sneak into the quarters.

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2012, 07:45 PM
:zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

What's that? You fell asleep waiting for them to qualify :greengrin

SteveHFC
16-05-2012, 07:50 PM

http://fromthepoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Homer-Facepalm-300x150.jpg

lyonhibs
16-05-2012, 07:56 PM

Around about this time in 2016 I believe.

Next please.................

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Around about this time in 2016 I believe.

Next please.................

:greengrin

:thumbsup: