PDA

View Full Version : Final can be won in the tunnel

James Connolly
16-05-2012, 09:05 AM
As the title says....

Having watched great captains, such as Roy Keane over the years...McPake and the rest of the players should look every one of their opponents in the eye on Saturday, and let them know that they're up for the battle ahead.

I'm sick and tired of watching Hibs sides in the past buckle under the pressure of playing THEM; it's time to stand as one, and show them we're not going to be rolled over.

Belief & bottle will help us a long way in achieving our ultimate goal!!

GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag:

johnrebus
16-05-2012, 09:21 AM
As the title says....

Having watched great captains, such as Roy Keane over the years...McPake and the rest of the players should look every one of their opponents in the eye on Saturday, and let them know that they're up for the battle ahead.

I'm sick and tired of watching Hibs sides in the past buckle under the pressure of playing THEM; it's time to stand as one, and show them we're not going to be rolled over.

Belief & bottle will help us a long way in achieving our ultimate goal!!

GGTTH

Yes. I'm all for that, but what makes you think it will be any different on Saturday?

We've already lost pretty timidly to them three times this season, why is it going to be any different this time?

If you dressed eleven traffic cones in maroon jerseys we would still struggle to escape with a draw. Our record against Hearts over the last thirty years is an absolute disgrace.

Miracles do happen occassionally and thats what I'm praying for.

:pray:

N.Wales Hibby
16-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Yes. I'm all for that, but what makes you think it will be any different on Saturday?

We've already lost pretty timidly to them three times this season, why is it going to be any different this time?

If you dressed eleven traffic cones in maroon jerseys we would still struggle to escape with a draw. Our record against Hearts over the last thirty years is an absolute disgrace.

C'mon Johnrebus get your spirits up. The Cup is ours.:greengrin

James Connolly
16-05-2012, 09:27 AM

As I say, belief & bottle.

The majority of our starting 11 shouldn't be hampered by the burden of history against them; they are 90mins away from legendary status...it's there for the taking, against a very average Hearts side.

:pfgwa

Green Man
16-05-2012, 09:28 AM
They should all watch the video of Budgie talking about the Rangers semi in 91, how he wound up the likes of McCoist and Hateley.

Just_Jimmy
16-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Try and watch the footage of McPake at the handshakes for the semi-final. The man HATES loosing. I've never seen a Hibs captain look so determined and set that his team was winning a game. I hope his attitude rubs off on the rest of them.

Pretty Boy
16-05-2012, 09:43 AM
People forget that although we were poor in the last Derby we could have scored before they did.

We had a shot that clipped the post although I think the ref pulled it back for a foul anyway and then Kujabi put a ball right accross the face of goal with no takers, had they gone in then who knows?

We were also hampered by the fact McPake picked up a knock early on and had by far his poorest game in a Hibs top. Hanlon had a mare as well and didn't handle Beattie and we lost our starting right back after 5 minutes.

If McPake and Hanlon keep it tight and we take a chance when it comes our way then who knows?

Agree with the op too, don't lose the game before a ball is kicked, let the Hearts players know that whatever happens we will battle for 90+ minutes.

.Sean.
16-05-2012, 09:44 AM

It's attitudes such as yours which is all that's wrong with the club. It stinks. It's Hearts, no Barcelona. Man up ffs.

Twa Cairpets
16-05-2012, 09:52 AM

Admins - can we please ban any defeatist *****e for the next few days. We all have to be 100% up for it. No room for doubt. No room for concern. Just belief and will and drive and confidence to ram it up these Yam fuds in a manner befitting their utter vileness.

We could have lost the last thirty derbies by five - it would matter not one bright blue hairy jot. This is the game that matters, and we will win it.

As for you johnrebus, go and try to have a conversation along the lines of your post with James McPake, an see what reaction you get. As someone has said. Grow a pair and man the f*** up.

Judas Iscariot
16-05-2012, 09:52 AM
People forget that although we were poor in the last Derby we could have scored before they did.

We had a shot that clipped the post although I think the ref pulled it back for a foul anyway and then Kujabi put a ball right accross the face of goal with no takers, had they gone in then who knows?

We were also hampered by the fact McPake picked up a knock early on and had by far his poorest game in a Hibs top. Hanlon had a mare as well and didn't handle Beattie and we lost our starting right back after 5 minutes.

If McPake and Hanlon keep it tight and we take a chance when it comes our way then who knows?

Agree with the op too, don't lose the game before a ball is kicked, let the Hearts players know that whatever happens we will battle for 90+ minutes.

It's attitudes such as yours which is all that's wrong with the club. It stinks. It's Hearts, no Barcelona. Man up ffs.

2 superb posts guys :aok:

Hainan Hibs
16-05-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0blxQpzvAyM&feature=relmfu

I'd have the team watching that.

As Sauzee said, Yogi had the dressing room fired right up for the millennium derby, everyone knew they would win due to Yogi's emotion and making sure each person knew how important it was.

It has to be like that again on Saturday, on the pitch and in the stand. If anyone turns up with the usual defeatist, hopeful to just leave without a hammering attitude, they better just stay at home.

McPake, Griffths and O'Connor will have the dressing room fired up, we have to play our part too:agree:

Billychaotic182
16-05-2012, 09:57 AM
They should all watch the video of Budgie talking about the Rangers semi in 91, how he wound up the likes of McCoist and Hateley.

I was thinking that when I say the title lol.

Judas Iscariot
16-05-2012, 09:59 AM

As Sauzee said, Yogi had the dressing room fired right up for the millennium derby, everyone knew they would win due to Yogi's emotion and making sure each person knew how important it was.

It has to be like that again on Saturday, on the pitch and in the stand. If anyone turns up with the usual defeatist, hopeful to just leave without a hammering attitude, they better just stay at home.

McPake, Griffths and O'Connor will have the dressing room fired up, we have to play our part too:agree:

Add Ivan, Ian Murray and Paul Hanlon to they 3 guys and the whole team should be in NO doubt as to what this is all about :flag:

Saorsa
16-05-2012, 10:00 AM
It's attitudes such as yours which is all that's wrong with the club. It stinks. It's Hearts, no Barcelona. Man up ffs.:agree:

Admins - can we please ban any defeatist *****e for the next few days. We all have to be 100% up for it. No room for doubt. No room for concern. Just belief and will and drive and confidence to ram it up these Yam fuds in a manner befitting their utter vileness.

We could have lost the last thirty derbies by five - it would matter not one bright blue hairy jot. This is the game that matters, and we will win it.

As for you johnrebus, go and try to have a conversation along the lines of your post with James McPake, an see what reaction you get. As someone has said. Grow a pair and man the f*** up.http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/thumbsupg.gifhttp://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/thumbsupg.gif

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/greenflare.gifhttp://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/flaghibsg.gifhttp://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/totale2.gif:flag:http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/greenflare.gif

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/keep-calm-and-don-t-panic-1-1.jpg

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 10:02 AM

Brown: Thinks your a hard man Black? Come in my box son, i'll break your back! :wink:

Lets strike fear into them, right from the off. :agree:

TornadoHibby
16-05-2012, 10:18 AM

:top marks

Great post mate! :agree:

If people can't get themselves up for this game believing that we can win after watching that which was a similar situation to Saturday's game albeit maybe not so important, then they shouldn't be there! :aok:

Hoping you'll win probably means that you won't! :confused:

I remember that game as if it was yesterday too! :agree:

Bring on Saturday! :thumbsup:

Hibs can win this game! :flag: :flag: :flag:

Baader
16-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Absolutely.

Too often it has been Hibs own lack of self belief that has hampered us in these games.

The players must approach Saturday knowing they can win this match. No room for any negativity. Do it!

Sammy7nil
16-05-2012, 11:45 AM
When Forest were winning 2 European Cups Kenny Burns used bite his lip in the tunnel until it bled he then stared at his opponent with blood running down his teeth and mouth :greengrin

He was nuts and a winner

StevesFamau5
16-05-2012, 12:16 PM

What he said.

Plus those welts are hardly intimidating... Just plain ugly :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 12:41 PM
This season's Edinburgh derby's aren't a fair reflection for Saturday - this is the Scottish Cup final, not just an SPL game and the yams haven't looked anything special this season.

When Hibs go up to lift the Scottish cup Hearts were there :hibees

HibsMax
16-05-2012, 12:50 PM

The Patriots didn't stand a chance agains the "Greatest Show on Turf" in 2001. We were there to just make up the numbers. See what happened since then? Belief! :thumbsup:

7Hero
16-05-2012, 12:54 PM

Whats wrong with the club is our inept displays against hearts which theres no arguing has been utterly woeful.

a miracle is what is needed absolutely, the boy talks sense, and yes youi are right it is hearts.

but then again, its HEARTS !

the sponiest ****s living..

16-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Totally agree. Show no fear and show them we are right up for this one :flag:

Im sure McPake will have them rallied and fired up in the dressing room. Unlike the last few years, we have a strong leader and motivator as a captain who has the ability to really fire up and inspire the squad.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Scottish league cup final 2012. Celtic 0 Kilmarnock 1, favorites as strong as the smellies can get beaten, and the yams are nowhere near as good as them.

Paddy and his coaching staff will have each and every one of them wound up, they wont even fear Barcalona. This is our year.:pfgwa :flag::flag::flag::flag::cup:

JimBHibees
16-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Paddy Fenlon was right in his article where he said that the supporters and the club need to stand up to people alot more. He was spot on with this and Saturday is a prime example of what he was talking about we have a Scottish cup final opportunity against only Hearts who are to be honest about the same level as us at present. We havent played a non-OF team in the Scottish cup final since 1958 so this represents a fantastic opportunity for glory. The team and as importantly the fans need to be going along prepared to stand up to Hearts, stand up for the Hibees and support the team the loudest and longest they have ever done in their lives. If we go behind sing louder, if we make a mistake, cheer louder.

I am going along expecting a performance from the players and the players will be expecting the same for the fans. We are together in all of this and Saturday represents an absolutely fabulous opportunity for Scottish cup glory. Believe and perform and it is ours.

marinello59
16-05-2012, 01:36 PM
With McPake leading us out there is NO danger of our lads losing any pre-match mind games. No danger whatsoever.

:pfgwa:hibees:pfgwa

hibsbollah
16-05-2012, 03:21 PM
This is how to do it. Check out Keanes coupon.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNKj8msoEKEo&v=NKj8msoEKEo&gl=GB

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Whats wrong with the club is our inept displays against hearts which theres no arguing has been utterly woeful.

a miracle is what is needed absolutely, the boy talks sense, and yes youi are right it is hearts.

We don't need a miracle. We need to turn up for a change. That doesn't take a miracle.

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Paddy Fenlon was right in his article where he said that the supporters and the club need to stand up to people alot more. He was spot on with this and Saturday is a prime example of what he was talking about we have a Scottish cup final opportunity against only Hearts who are to be honest about the same level as us at present. We havent played a non-OF team in the Scottish cup final since 1958 so this represents a fantastic opportunity for glory. The team and as importantly the fans need to be going along prepared to stand up to Hearts, stand up for the Hibees and support the team the loudest and longest they have ever done in their lives. If we go behind sing louder, if we make a mistake, cheer louder.

I am going along expecting a performance from the players and the players will be expecting the same for the fans. We are together in all of this and Saturday represents an absolutely fabulous opportunity for Scottish cup glory. Believe and perform and it is ours.

Great post sir. :agree:

:top marks

heretoday
16-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Hearts have certainly had the edge in the last few years but having watched Hibs since 1963 I can say that it's swings and roonaboots.

What better time to get the swing back in our direction than The Cup Final?!

Bookkeeper
16-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Bang on! The players on the park are representing us. We all need to be strong and we will win!

GERINTAETHUM!

:pfgwa

weonlywon6-2
16-05-2012, 03:46 PM
i know its not hibs but in the 1990 world cup,Roy Aitken ,then captain of Scotland said that when they were in the tunnel before the Sweden game he shouted at the swedes,
"*****en look at them,theyre sh*tting themsleves"

A bit of that will do me:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
16-05-2012, 03:54 PM

A miracle :faf:

Really?

How's yer bed sheets?

TornadoHibby
16-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Bump! :rolleyes:

I thought this was very good! :greengrin

Northernhibee
16-05-2012, 09:51 PM
They are a team who are away to collapse, they are on the slippery slope.

We have a new manager, new hope, have won more away games, won the biggest SPL game of our season 4-0 at a canter and are back on the way up.

Hearts had better be worried, we're smelling blood on the pitch and if they're not careful we could finish this game off in half an hour.

Bishop Hibee
16-05-2012, 10:05 PM
i know its not hibs but in the 1990 world cup,Roy Aitken ,then captain of Scotland said that when they were in the tunnel before the Sweden game he shouted at the swedes,
"*****en look at them,theyre sh*tting themsleves"

A bit of that will do me:thumbsup:

That's the one that springs to mind for me. I was fortunate enough to be at that game and Aitken was probably the least naturally talented player of the 22 on the pitch. Didn't stop him from having a brilliant game and winning the penalty for Scotland's second goal.

I feel we will turn up this time both on and off the pitch.