PDA

View Full Version : Predictions... Us V Them

JennaFletcher
15-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Might be a little bit early but want to hear everyone's thoughts on what it's going to be on Saturday.

I reckon 1-0 Hibs, Griffiths in the 76th minute (like my dream!) and a very tense nail biting 14+ mins.

truehibernian
15-05-2012, 07:11 PM
2-1 Hibernian......Hibs out the blocks sharp, taking the lead. For some reason I think Soares will have a big game.....don't know why, just a hunch.

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Pens. And I don't know which way it's going to. Impossible to predict a result like this.

HibbyAndy
15-05-2012, 07:14 PM
2-0 us..Both late(ish) 2nd half goals.

Pretty Boy
2-1 Hibs.

Had a feeling about this for a while. A very tight first half with Hearts shading it. Hibs take the lead about 10 mins into the 2nd half again.slightly against the run of play. Hearts lift it and equalise with about 25 to go, as they push for a winner Hibs break and Griffiths bangs home the winner with about 10 to go. Cue the longest 10 minutes of our footballing lives with prayers being said, folk hiding in the concourse for a breather, people looking anywhere but the pitch.......

hibeesjoe
I dreamt last night that we won 2-0 with goals from Griffiths and O'Connor. Here's hoping :flag:

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2012, 07:15 PM
3-1 Hibs

2-1 with minutes to go, Hearts have everyone up including the keeper, McPake heads away and Ivan sprints clear to roll into an empty net and start the party of a lifetime

wearethehibs
15-05-2012, 07:31 PM
2-0 to them. Complete anticlimax and we all go home disapointed. Thats with my head thats been to every game this season.

My heart says 1-0 Sparky. With 20'000 Hibs fans in tears of joy.

Bostonhibby
15-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Had a really vivid dream about it all last night and it was definitely 2-1 to us Griffiths scored the winner in 89th minute. Been thinking about nothing else for days.

Really feeling optimistic about this one.

joe breezy
15-05-2012, 07:36 PM
My heart and my head both think Hearts will win, my heart is pessimistic as even it has been disappointed too many times

3-1 Hearts

Minder
15-05-2012, 07:37 PM
For the fuds i predict http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIJJMa3y0ek

Hibs by 2.

:flag:

HibeeSince85
15-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Reckon this could go to penalties.

Bristolhibby
15-05-2012, 08:22 PM
3-1, but not sure what team.

J

yeezus.
15-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I reckon we'll win 2-1 - and a good bet will be : Yams half time Us full time.

Griffiths may yet leave a hero, and I just can't see us blowing this chance.

:pfgwa

Sexton
15-05-2012, 08:30 PM
2-0 hibs. Both goals in the first half.

ManBearPig
15-05-2012, 08:36 PM
1-0 hibs a set piece goal of some description!!

HibbySpurs
15-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Us, 7-0....:cb
Someone had to put that :greengrin

Honestly dont care so long as we win. a first minute goal will do, provided I can survive multiple heart attacks for the next 89 minutes of football..

JennaFletcher
15-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Us, 7-0....:cb
Someone had to put that :greengrin

Honestly dont care so long as we win. a first minute goal will do, provided I can survive multiple heart attacks for the next 89 minutes of football..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJl9tsNefc&feature=related

I would rather a last min or so winner like this.

Instead of Aguero think 'Jorge Claroooooooos' :wink:

broonie27
15-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I have been dreading this match since hearts won against celtic and having been to the 4-0 semi i'm very, very, very pessimistic. I think they'll win 3-0 or 3-1 unfortunately. It's just my way of dealing with the downer should it happen. If we win on the other hand I'm in seventh heaven.

Squealing pig
15-05-2012, 09:43 PM
funny reading all the posts about dreams because, i had dream hibs won 2 1 a few nights ago. o connor got first 1 and griffiths the winner!

Hermit Crab
15-05-2012, 09:46 PM
3-0 them. Sorry just being a realist

Makaveli
15-05-2012, 09:48 PM
2-0 Hibs.

Straightforward O'Connor goal after about 20 minutes. Easy street for a hour.

Hearts are pressing late on when Sproule breaks away like it's 2005 and puts it on a plate for the rampaging Osbourne to send the Edinburgh Hibees into raptures.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2012, 09:56 PM
There are some brilliant imaginations on this thread :greengrin

hibsbollah
15-05-2012, 10:00 PM
1-0. Soares.

1875_hibs
15-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Imagine Hibs won. Jeezo.

Springbank
16-05-2012, 05:00 PM
It's going to be
Skacel
With the misplaced penalty
In the shoot out
...that ends the wait.

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 05:08 PM
3-0 them. Sorry just being a realist

Nothing is real until it happens.

Hearts haven't beaten us.

Deek01
16-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I had a dream last night which it ended 1-0 with sparky getting the goal in the 78th min !

Pretty Boy
16-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I had a dream last night which it ended 1-0 with sparky getting the goal in the 78th min !

Spooky.

I'm not normally a dreamer and if i do have one I.don't tend to remeber it. However last night I had a really vivid dream that Sparky scored a lateish winner. Long diagonal ball that Zibi McDonald came out his box for, Sparky beat him to it and rolled it into the empty net.

Was so realistic I was genuinely disappointed when I woke up.

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 05:36 PM
I have been dreading this match since hearts won against celtic and having been to the 4-0 semi i'm very, very, very pessimistic. I think they'll win 3-0 or 3-1 unfortunately. It's just my way of dealing with the downer should it happen. If we win on the other hand I'm in seventh heaven.

:aok: I usually do that but I genuinely can't see us blowing it this Saturday. Having spoken to a few Yams they all seem to be even more nervous than me.

16-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Head and heart are saying very different things. But i'll go 1 - 0 to the famous Hibees:flag:

truehibernian
16-05-2012, 05:39 PM
I can see Soares picking the ball up from deep, driving forward, no options either side, and planting a raker into the top right hand corner in the graceful style of a Ray Kennedy.

Hamish
16-05-2012, 05:56 PM

Unfortunately I agree. Obviously hope I am totally wrong.

Bristolhibby
16-05-2012, 06:02 PM
3-1, but not sure what team.

J

After meeting another Hibby at my work (2in 3days) I work in Bristol BTW, it's our destiny.

3-1 us, the third coming late on.

J

KingFranck
16-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Doherty header in 5 minutes at our 1st corner and Ivan with 2nd with 10 minutes to go

wee 162
16-05-2012, 06:13 PM
After meeting another Hibby at my work (2in 3days) I work in Bristol BTW, it's our destiny.

3-1 us, the third coming late on.

J
Exactly my prediction as well. 2 up, they get one back, we score late on as they're pushing more bodies forward.

Then we get to surf home along the M8 on a wave of jambo tears.

Hamish
Doherty header in 5 minutes at our 1st corner and Ivan with 2nd with 10 minutes to go

Like it Del. Wish I had your confidence mate.

essexhibee
2-0 hearts.

Sorry guys just can't see us at all we never seem to have any luck against them don't fancy us at all :rolleyes:

Please hibs make me look an absolute fud.

Bristolhibby
16-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Exactly my prediction as well. 2 up, they get one back, we score late on as they're pushing more bodies forward.

Then we get to surf home along the M8 on a wave of jambo tears.

My cousin had odds of 33-1 for that score line.

Worth a fiver.

J

SRHibs
16-05-2012, 06:47 PM
2-0 hearts.

Sorry guys just can't see us at all we never seem to have any luck against them don't fancy us at all :rolleyes:

Please hibs make me look an absolute fud.

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

This is the one game where any predictions should come from the heart - no pun intended. We need to have belief. None of this negative *****. How can our team EVER be winners if we're going into the ****ing final of the Scottish Cup - a tournament we haven't won since 1902 - against our biggest rivals, with a losing mentality? Jeezo, this place.

3-0 Hibs. :aok:. I truly believe we'll win though. The whole situation is just too damned 'fairytale-esque' for it not to happen!

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 06:50 PM
For all of you that are saying that they can't see past a Hearts win.

Why even bother turning up?

KingFranck
16-05-2012, 07:01 PM

Agree mate anyone predicting a defeat for Hibs should hand their ticket back
Glory to the Hibees Keep The Faith

smurf
16-05-2012, 07:03 PM

Good question.

Imagine going into a war thinking you are defeated.

Leave that to the French.

It is HMFC we are playing FFS.

HibbySpurs
16-05-2012, 07:04 PM

:aok: Your dead right...... But......

I suspect a lot of those saying we're likely to lose are probably those who are maybe in the 35+ age group (like me :rolleyes:) and have been there and had our dreams shattered so many times before, those who are early twenties will remember Hibs losing to Celtic in a cup final (no biggie), losing to the yams in a semi (just a semi) and winning the LC in 07.....

Those a wee bit older have endured the 22 game in a row, losing to them at ER in the SC (the ****** Foster), chucking it on so many ocassions that our belief in dreams have been shattered so many times we dare not dream again.... We want to win so desperately but with so many tears behind us the walls have to be built so we can cope now..... Hopefully thats something those a bit younger wont have to worry about after Saturday and we've done the damage....

It's not negativity in reality just realism from tho who've seen Hibs crumble on the big occassion on so many occassions.....

I'm just praying that his is one of those days we dont (Ranger's LC Semi 1990 par example):not worth

KingFranck
16-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Like it Del. Wish I had your confidence mate.

Im sick of the over confidence the Jambos have mate you know who I'm talking about! Just have a good feeling for some reason

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 07:15 PM
:aok: Your dead right...... But......

I suspect a lot of those saying we're likely to lose are probably those who are maybe in the 35+ age group (like me :rolleyes:) and have been there and had our dreams shattered so many times before, those who are early twenties will remember Hibs losing to Celtic in a cup final (no biggie), losing to the yams in a semi (just a semi) and winning the LC in 07.....

Those a wee bit older have endured the 22 game in a row, losing to them at ER in the SC (the ****** Foster), chucking it on so many ocassions that our belief in dreams have been shattered so many times we dare not dream again.... We want to win so desperately but with so many tears behind us the walls have to be built so we can cope now..... Hopefully thats something those a bit younger wont have to worry about after Saturday and we've done the damage....

It's not negativity in reality just realism from tho who've seen Hibs crumble on the big occassion on so many occassions.....

I'm just praying that his is one of those days we dont (Ranger's LC Semi 1990 par example):not worth

I've said it already, but nothing is "real" until it actually happens.

To say that losing to Hearts on saturday is "realism" is absurd, as the event hasn't actually occured yet.

If you ever give up believing in your club, then you should give up being a football fan altogether.

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Im sick of the over confidence the Jambos have mate you know who I'm talking about! Just have a good feeling for some reason

Their over confidence might make you feel sick inside, but it doesn't do them any harm.

If we're really going to beat Hearts, then we need to be even more confident about this than they are.

None of this "hope" or "faith" nonsense. Lets just DO IT.

HibbySpurs
16-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I've said it already, but nothing is "real" until it actually happens.

To say that losing to Hearts on saturday is "realism" is absurd, as the event hasn't actually occured yet.

If you ever give up believing in your club, then you should give up being a football fan altogether.

I think perhaps you take me out of context. Some are just being "realistic" in thinking that perhaps we may lose, that doesn't mean people dont believe we CAN win...

I thoroughly believe that we can win but I also accept that Hearts may beat us as well, thats life....... To blindly believe we WILL win is absurd and to use the battelfield analogy.... Any army that entered a battelfield believing that victory was 100% certain would most likely be crushed as thei over confidence would be their undoing.

Maybe this is our year, I sure as hell hope so....

Ohhh, and I never have and never will stop believing in Hibs otherwise I would just give up and go home as you suggest.

GGTTH

essexhibee
16-05-2012, 07:30 PM
:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

This is the one game where any predictions should come from the heart - no pun intended. We need to have belief. None of this negative *****. How can our team EVER be winners if we're going into the ****ing final of the Scottish Cup - a tournament we haven't won since 1902 - against our biggest rivals, with a losing mentality? Jeezo, this place.

3-0 Hibs. :aok:. I truly believe we'll win though. The whole situation is just too damned 'fairytale-esque' for it not to happen!

Fair enough mate :aok: I get ya.

Fwiw if I was playing I wouldn't feel this way as there's no player for hearts better than his opposite hibs man. But as a fan im not confident going on past experiences.

It will make my life if we do it :agree::agree:

soupy
16-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I've been trying to avoid this thread like the plague, but I'm giving in,,,,, its gonna be 3-2 hibs,,,,nae messing aboot efter it( well ill be watching the presentation) and a big mother of a perty in leith efter it.....

P.s, all is factual.....it will happen, trust me :-)

PeeJay
16-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Astonished to see Hibs "fans" forecasting THEY will beat us 2-0 or 3-1 ?????? Get a grip guys - it's a cup final, 11 against 11 - one ball, 90 minutes, they have a 50-50 chance at the most, whereas the odds for us are much better (:greengrin) ....

... FWIW I'm convinced this is going to be our year - this is the time to stand up and be counted and it's not the time for any of this wishy-washy, piddling about nonsense about us maybe losing to them because of the "past" and "experience": stuff that!

I'm going for 4-1 after 90 minutes, but I'l take a jammy 9-8 on penalties after a second replay against a team with only 9 men left on the park after extra time ...

SORRY - LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION, neither before the event or after it....

Time to get on board ye of little faith...
:flag:
and if my brother is lurking undercover on this board: you've nae chance kid!.:giruy:

Hibeesmad
16-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Hibs 2-1 hearts.

The same thing to happen as the Aberdeen game

Hibs- early goal
Hearts- spectacular goal
Hibs- late goal

soproni1
16-05-2012, 08:23 PM
The closer we get to the game the more I see a positive outcome!

1-0 O'Connor from the spot

JennaFletcher
16-05-2012, 08:48 PM

2 of us had dreams with Sparky winner 76th min, now you've had a dream about it too but in 78th min... Spooky!

JennaFletcher
16-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Hibs 2-1 hearts.

The same thing to happen as the Aberdeen game

Hibs- early goal
Hearts- spectacular goal
Hibs- late goal

Do Hearts do spectacular goals?! If they do score I reckon it will be from a set piece.

SouthamptonHibs
16-05-2012, 08:51 PM
This is our year! Its gonna be a belter off a day im predicting half-time / full time Hibernian FC victory 3v1 is thw score butbi'd rather it be 3 v0 as i dont want these puddle-drinking knuckle dragging donkey looking pay- day loan refugees getting any sort off enjoyment on Sat. ***** the Hearts Hail Hail

Haggis Hibby
16-05-2012, 09:20 PM
3 nil to Hibees

im stripping to the waist at 2 nil hope u will all join me

ekhibee
16-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm usually extremely pessimistic whenever we play them. Not now. I guess it's not just that I will always follow Hibs, it's also that I really hate Hearts, always have and always will, I despise them, everything about them. 2-1 Hibs is my prediction.

surreyhibbie
16-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Had a dream we scored the winner with a header in the 76th minute, from a free kick after some yam had handled the ball...

Littlest Hobo
16-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Hearts to dominate midfield
Hearts to dominate winning 2nd ball
Hearts to get the ball down and play
Hibs to be two down before HT
Hibs turn up around HT

Now that's the way it normally goes, can we please please please have something different this time. 1-0 Hibs

Littlest Hobo
16-05-2012, 09:39 PM
3 nil to Hibees

im stripping to the waist at 2 nil hope u will all join me

Bottom or top?

rcarter1
16-05-2012, 10:23 PM
My 'prediction' is based on darts and seems to involve the number 5. (We've had 7-0 and 6-2, so why not a 5?).

After a game of darts which established that Hibs would score at least three goals, win 5-4 on penalties, and two hearts players would be sent off in the first minute (Keeper and Skacel), I finished off by nonchalantly threw three darts at the board which hit the number 5 (green) in the single, double and treble. My mate informed me I had scored a 'shanghai for victory', which I will be liberally screaming at the television screen at critical moments in a drunken haze.. :rolleyes:

Alex Trager
16-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Good question.

Imagine going into a war thinking you are defeated.

Leave that to the French.

It is HMFC we are playing FFS.

Mmm nazis march in Paris, the first man to see them, table for one hundred thousand sir?

Hibs 2(Osborne 27, O'Connor 61).1(Skacel 89) Hearts

King Paddy
16-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Sorry guys and gals but the realist in me says 2-0 hearts.

Stanton
16-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Most neutrals looking at this objectively would tip the Purple Huns :cbas we have hardly looked impressive this year !!
I just have a sneaking suspicion ( nothing more scientific unfortunately ) that we will do just enough ....probably in an unspectacular fashion .....but who cares ....just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hand the cup to Hibs :flag:

King Paddy
16-05-2012, 11:33 PM
The start will be vitally important, who scores 1st dictates the game. If they score 1st ex billy mcneil
cup final of 1972 we could fold and take thrashing because of the pressure and would have to chase the game. On the other hand just like Aberdeen an early goal for us lifts the players and the fans go tonto. Anyway i'm away to pray to st. Patrick and Padre pio. Hope Tom farmer gets his wish( AGM),
we need the i of the tiger as the puts it and he might see the cup back to leith.

jon paul jones
17-05-2012, 05:19 AM
The only thing I feel is McPake to score from a corner and hibs to win if we keep a clean sheet so 1-0 Hibs. If Hearts score at all, then statistically we come second. When was the last time we scored against Hearts let alone two or three. Some of the predictions are enjoyable but not realistic based on the last 20 results.

If we go the other way, Craig Thomson goes penalty crazy and awards two to the Gorgie mob for tripping over grass and they romp 4-1. Whichever way, I'll still be there when the medals are awarded.......hopefully in a sea of green

Liam_Hibs
17-05-2012, 05:53 AM
I'd be gutted if we lost, but I'd be fuming if we lost because we didn't even turn up. I can't remember the last time we turned up for a derby, but I'm sure Pat will have the boys ready with his experience of finals in Ireland.

As for a prediction, I'm not sure. If we turn up, I think we'll win, but we MUST score the first goal and have to keep our shape in the midfield.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

HibbySpurs
17-05-2012, 10:48 AM
The start will be vitally important, who scores 1st dictates the game. If they score 1st ex billy mcneil
cup final of 1972 we could fold and take thrashing because of the pressure and would have to chase the game. On the other hand just like Aberdeen an early goal for us lifts the players and the fans go tonto. Anyway i'm away to pray to st. Patrick and Padre pio. Hope Tom farmer gets his wish( AGM),
we need the i of the tiger as the puts it and he might see the cup back to leith.

First goal is vital (when isnt it?)..... If we "draw first blood" then that's obviously perfect but the main reason I see (feel free to shoot me down :gun:) is that the more I see of PF'S team the more it loks like we're trying to play counter-attack football which is great because I think thats a great way to play the game but it does make us scoring first vital.... We score first, they have to come onto us, gaps open up and the counter attack style can lead to more goals very easily.

The drawback is that if you lose the first goal you need to re-organise to have a more straightforward attacking formation and I think this is why teams that counter-attack sometimes lose a second goal very quickly. That doesnt mean that losing the first goal leads to defeat but the critical point after going 1 down is the next 10 minutes of the game to re-develop your tactics and settle into them.

With a bit of luck :pray: we'll get that first goal and go on from there and hopefully put the game to bed. Even if we concede first though all is not lost as we've shown the charachter to come back already this season (ICT 3-2).....

This games about the manager's IMO and I've seen enough of PF to think that he could have Sergio on toast provided his players do what they are told and execute his game plan...... In PF we trust!

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

joe breezy
17-05-2012, 11:40 AM

Because sometimes underdogs win...

Just being realistic, it also helps me handle the disappointment better and makes the good times even better

Doesn't make me less of a Hibs fan

TheEastTerrace
17-05-2012, 12:08 PM
No predictions. I just sincerely hope we give them a tanning of a lifetime. No slender margin win or rollercoaster ride victory. Just a proper doing.

Matt92
17-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Hibs (GOC x2 and Osbourne) 3 v 1 Hearts (Black)

Hearts are a better team...but I think because we are all so desperate for this cup, because hearts are bricking themselves more about us winning it than the focus of them winning it. We are so hungry for it and this will be the first chance for players like Sparky and Osbourne to win something big.

The players have been used to walking into 2/3rd empty stadiums to booing fans for most of the season, they will walk out to the most unbelievably skull-shattering noise, every one of us behind them.
We have hit some form and confidence recently, hearts have gone the other way. Back in that semi hearts were a much better team, and due to injuries we were probably worse, I have faith.

Its written in the stars.

TheMentalHibees
17-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Absolutely ****ing HAVE to get the first goal. Too many times we have been on top vs them and not capitalised, with them getting a goal which takes the sting out the game. We score first, 2-0 hibs, they score first and it's 2-0 them. Would not like to see us chasing the game. Having said all that, I have a good feeling about the game and think we'll win!

SlickShoes
17-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I am ****ting myself just reading this thread, I know losing will feel exactly like the 4-0 semi and as hard as I try I can't even imagine us winning, I have spent all of my life convincing myself the Scottish Cup doesn't matter because we will never win it.

So for that reason, based on the fact we haven't even scored against hearts this season, I am guessing it will be 5-1 to hibs.

Niffy
17-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Hope to fk I'm wrong... but 2-0 them.

Sent from my PC using the keyboard.