PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland squad announced (NHC- shock)

magnificent_seven
15-05-2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18071255

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers : Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Allan McGregor (Rangers)
Defenders : Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Steven Whittaker (Rangers), Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Lee Wallace (Rangers), Andy Webster (Hearts)
Midfielders : Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Craig Bryson (Derby County), Don Cowie (Cardiff City), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), Matt Phillips (Blackpool), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic)
Forwards : David Goodwillie (Blackburn Rovers), Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton), Kenny Miller (Cardiff City), Johnny Russell (Dundee United).

I noticed no place again for O'Connor, also maybe thought McPake might be given a chance!

Cant help but think, a wee call up for they two, four days before the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time, may have given them a wee boost. Deliberately left out by Mr Potter?

I really have no Idea why David Goodwillie is getting a call up. 20 games and 4 goals this season. O'Connor 38 games 16 goals.

Honestly, the sooner Levein is emptied, the better for Scotland.

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Maybe because Goodwillie was playing in the best league in the world. If you think O'Connor is good enough for the international stage then you need your head checked!

R'Albin
15-05-2012, 12:59 PM
The question of whether he should be or not aside, from our point of view the last thing we want is Mcpake palying for Scotland, it will undoubtedly attract other club's attention in the summer.

SlickShoes
15-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Don't think Garry O'Connor should be anywhere near the Scotland squad, McPake should be if he has another good season for whoever he is with next year.

magnificent_seven
15-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Maybe because Goodwillie was playing in the best league in the world. If you think O'Connor is good enough for the international stage then you need your head checked!

Thats the thing, he wasnt. He hardly played for Blackburn this season. Around 5 starts I think, the rest sub appearances. And yes, I do think O'Connor deserves a call up. He is a better player than Craig Mackail-Smith in my opinion.

edinburghhibee
15-05-2012, 01:04 PM
How the **** did Webster get in, and McPake didn't?????:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
15-05-2012, 01:14 PM
No McCormack FFS!

Sir David Gray
15-05-2012, 01:15 PM
This is a rhetorical question as I already know the answer, but how does Craig Gordon get a call up when he's managed to play just ONE competitive match in more than a year? :bitchy:

The whole set up under Levein absolutely stinks and the sooner he's out of a job, the better.

Saturdays Hero
15-05-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18071255

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers : Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Allan McGregor (Rangers)
Defenders : Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Steven Whittaker (Rangers), Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Lee Wallace (Rangers), Andy Webster (Hearts)
Midfielders : Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Craig Bryson (Derby County), Don Cowie (Cardiff City), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), Matt Phillips (Blackpool), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic)
Forwards : David Goodwillie (Blackburn Rovers), Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton), Kenny Miller (Cardiff City), Johnny Russell (Dundee United).

I noticed no place again for O'Connor, also maybe thought McPake might be given a chance!

Cant help but think, a wee call up for they two, four days before the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time, may have given them a wee boost. Deliberately left out by Mr Potter?

I really have no Idea why David Goodwillie is getting a call up. 20 games and 4 goals this season. O'Connor 38 games 16 goals.

Honestly, the sooner Levein is emptied, the better for Scotland.

Prob about as decent a squad we could have picked other than the injuries,dunno why Kenny Miller has been picked again,its a friendly and pretty sure he knows what Miller can do,disagree with u thinking McPake may have got a call think he's got a long way to go before he even enters Leveins thoughts.

I agree with you regarding Levein,i think he should be doing so much better with the players he now has at his disposal,there's a pretty decent squad with loads of experience & dont think he gets anywhere near the best out of them,he made some terrible decisions in the last campaign can only hope he's learned from it.

Ultrabee1-0
15-05-2012, 01:18 PM
no charlie adam.
no dorrans.
no snodgrass or mcormack.
no morrison.
no mcpake.
no mackay-steven.
no rhodes.
levein is a fanny!

down-the-slope
15-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Can I ask Goodwillie in...Jamie Mackie not :rolleyes: that is absurd.....

(O'Conner no where near that level)

Pretty Boy
15-05-2012, 01:20 PM
No Jamie Mackie, no Jordan Rhodes, no Ross McCormack, no Gary Mackay Steven........

Levein hasn't got a clue.

SteveHFC
15-05-2012, 01:21 PM
no charlie adam.
no dorrans.
no morrison.
no mcpake.
no mackay-steven.
no rhodes.
levein is a fanny!

Well Said

dangermouse
15-05-2012, 01:23 PM
no charlie adam.
no dorrans.
no morrison.
no mcpake.
no mackay-steven.
no rhodes.
levein is a fanny!

No Fletcher :devil:

Thecat23
15-05-2012, 01:25 PM
My interest in Scotland is as much as Hearts.. ZERO. Clueless manager, clueless all the way through the SFA. Unless we have huge changes i couldn't care less about them. Just enough to post how much they bug me :greengrin

Saturdays Hero
15-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Can I ask Goodwillie in...Jamie Mackie not :rolleyes: that is absurd.....

(O'Conner no where near that level)

Mackie's not included as his wife is expecting acc to the BBC site,he just makes some strange decisions Levein,bringing in Danny Wilson then just disgarding him after the Czech game :confused: also why Ryan Stevenson got a call to the squad for the Cyprus friendly & the way hes handled the Fletcher senario is immature at best.

WellingtonHibby
15-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Where is Morrison? Boy has been a stand out for the baggies

tartanhibee
15-05-2012, 01:34 PM
No dorrans or morrison due to wife's giving birth soon no Rhodes due to Huddersfields involvement in the play-offs and U21 game in Bulgaria. Agree McCormack should be in before CMS.

Jim44
15-05-2012, 01:40 PM
My interest in Scotland is as much as Hearts.. ZERO. Clueless manager, clueless all the way through the SFA. Unless we have huge changes i couldn't care less about them. Just enough to post how much they bug me :greengrin

:agree: I can hardly contain my indifference to the present Scottish setup. Furthermore, if they renege on the Rangers sanctions at the end of the month, I, although I'm a wee bit embarrassed to admit it, will begin to get a bit of satisfaction with their failing attempts. :duck::tin hat:

snooky
15-05-2012, 04:05 PM
:agree: I can hardly contain my indifference to the present Scottish setup. Furthermore, if they renege on the Rangers sanctions at the end of the month, I, although I'm a wee bit embarrassed to admit it, will begin to get a bit of satisfaction with their failing attempts. :duck::tin hat:

I lost all connections with the national team when anybody who had a granny with a Skye terrier became eligible for selection.

Golden Bear
15-05-2012, 04:13 PM
This is a rhetorical question as I already know the answer, but how does Craig Gordon get a call up when he's managed to play just ONE competitive match in more than a year? :bitchy:

The whole set up under Levein absolutely stinks and the sooner he's out of a job, the better.

:agree:

He certainly has his favourites.

Broken Gnome
15-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Mackie's omission is baffling, given he was Levein's poster boy not that long ago.

Routinely annoying that he does pick Championship players, yet avoids all the ones that actually merit a place. Undendiable that McCormack deserves a place more than Goodwillie, who's a figure of fun at Blackburn now. Bryson? Really? No Snodgrass who's never been given a chance at all? Even Dobbie's worth a shot.

Erse.

muzzhfc
15-05-2012, 04:28 PM
mcpake has been *****. why the **** should he be anywhere near the scotland squad. the sooner he goes back to coventry the better.

(just incase any scouts or other managers are reading this)

Golden Bear
15-05-2012, 04:31 PM
I lost all connections with the national team when anybody who had a granny with a Skye terrier became eligible for selection.

:greengrin

.Sean.
15-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Yer bang on as per regarding that man mate :aok:

H18sry
15-05-2012, 05:32 PM
no charlie adam. Injured
no dorrans. Wife just had a baby
no snodgrass or mcormack. Snodgrass is having an op McCormack not rated by CL
no morrison. Injured
no mcpake.
no mackay-steven. U-21's
no rhodes. Play off final/u-21's
levein is a fanny! :agree:

:wink:

erskine-hibby
15-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I will no longer be supporting Scotland with that yam ****** in charge...GO U.S.A.!!!!

Hibercelona
15-05-2012, 07:17 PM
I won't either.

But no danger will I be supporting USA.

erskine-hibby
15-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I won't either.

Neither would I normally, but this time i'll make an exception.

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2012, 07:19 PM
the huns don't want to support the national team either, i'l support the country of my birth forever and always, no matter what fs

Hermit Crab
15-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I will no longer be supporting Scotland with that yam ****** in charge...GO U.S.A.!!!!

Why wait until now? Why not since he took over as Scotland manager??

Sylar
15-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Can't wait for this.

It's a shame more people on here don't care about their national side, as I'd have great fun the day after we destroy you :greengrin

I always cheer on Scotland, but not against the States I'm afraid.

Dempsey for a hat-trick! :thumbsup:

JohnStephens91
15-05-2012, 07:29 PM
I won't either.

My mum is from the States so I will be supporting them over Scotland, I usually back the USA for matches and tournaments too. Levein is a joke of a manager and deserves no support at all. Bias team selections, poor tactics and begs Englishmen to play for the Scottish national team, no thanks.

hopefulhibby
15-05-2012, 07:29 PM
the huns don't want to support the national team either, i'l support the country of my birth forever and always, no matter what fs
You can support ROI in the Euros and you wont have to worry about any huns there

erskine-hibby
15-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Why wait until now? Why not since he took over as Scotland manager??

I was giving him a chance but now I'm just pig sick of his yammish mug and actions.

Sylar
15-05-2012, 07:34 PM
The preliminary USA roster to face Scotland:

GK: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa)
GK: Tim Howard (Everton)
GK: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DF: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers) (C)
DF: Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana)
DF: Steve Cherundelo (Hannover)
DF: Alfredo Moreles (Hertha Berlin)

MF: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake)
MF: Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona)
MF: Joe Corona (Club Tijuana)
MF: Maurice Edu (Rangers)
MF: Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim)
MF: Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04)
MF: Jose Torres (Pachuca)
MF: Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)

ST: Clint Dempsey (Fulham)

Not the strongest US squad I've seen, but a few young players coming in and getting a chance.

SteveHFC
15-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Thank **** i'am missing this meaningless game :aok:

H18sry
15-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Not the strongest US squad I've seen, but a few young players coming in and getting a chance.
10 Players to be added on the 20th may :wink:

Sylar
15-05-2012, 09:04 PM
10 Players to be added on the 20th may :wink:

Hence why I said "preliminary" :wink:

There's obviously quite a few key players missing, specifically up front! :greengrin

Greentinted
16-05-2012, 01:28 AM

Roster - Love it. Easily up there with 'unloading a blast into the upper 90' or 'matching up on the midfield stripe' :aok:

PS. Craig Levein is unfit for purpose (so much so that if he's still in the chair in 7 years and Scotland get to co-host the Euros, we will be the first host nation not to qualify for a major tournament)

Haymaker
16-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Pretty sure Scotland have qualified for major tournaments greentinted...

Greentinted
16-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Pretty sure Scotland have qualified for major tournaments greentinted...

Indeed, but it would take a special kind of inadequate manager to fail to qualify as boss of a host nation. :greengrin Levein is that special kind of inadequate.

Haymaker
16-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Indeed, but it would take a special kind of inadequate manager to fail to qualify as boss of a host nation. :greengrin Levein is that special kind of inadequate.

Oh right, get you now!

hibsbollah
16-05-2012, 06:43 AM
USA...USA....USA (repeat to fade) :abelincoln:

snooky
18-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Can't wait for this.

It's a shame more people on here don't care about their national side, as I'd have great fun the day after we destroy you :greengrin

I always cheer on Scotland, but not against the States I'm afraid.Dempsey for a hat-trick! :thumbsup:

Yank Go Home! :wink:

Sylar
22-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Full USA squad with the new additions - VERY strong looking squad now!

DF: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers)
DF: Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo)
DF: Steve Cherundolo (Hannover)
DF: Clarence Goodson (Brondby)
DF: Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin)
DF: Oguchi Onyewu
DF: Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)

MF: Mo Edu (Rangers)
MF: Jermaine Jones (Schalke)
MF: Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

ST: Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar)
ST: Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund)
ST: Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)
ST: Herculez Gomes (Santos)
ST: Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Quite right too!