PDA

View Full Version : Team v hearts Scottish cup final.

Hibeesmad
14-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Brown

Doherty
Mcpake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Osbourne
Stevenson
Sproule

O'connor
Griffiths

Subs:
Grant
Murray
Francomb
Claros
Doyle

hibbysam
14-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Not sure whether to go with 3 turning into a 5 man midfield or 4-4-2

if 4-3-2-1

Brown

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Francomb

Claros
Ozzy
Stevenson

Doyle
Sparky

Garry O

If 4-4-2

Brown

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Francomb
Ozzy
Claros
Lewis

Sparky
Garry O

hibernianyank
14-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Brown

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson

Sparky
GOC

Subs:
Grant
Sproule
Doyle
Francomb
Murray

:pfgwa

JOD
15-05-2012, 12:12 AM
BROWN

DOHERTY McPAKE O'HANLON HANLON

SOARES OSBORNE CLAROS STEVENSON

GO'C SPARKEY

SUBS>>>>GRANT,FRANCOMBE,KUJABI,MURRAY,DOYLE.

SOLID TOUGH BACK FOUR ALSO MASSIVE THREAT AT SET PIECES /START WITH STEVENSON BUT BRING ON KUJABI FOR IMPACT IF NEEDED AND GO A BACK 3 WITH DOHERTY/KUJABI DOWN THE FLANKS / LET THE FRONT 2 DO THEIR JOB
AND WIN US THE CUP.:aok::aok::aok:

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2012, 12:21 AM
JOD, Hanlon would get torn a new one at left back. He's too slow. Kujabi can at least keep up with wingers.

Billychaotic182
15-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Brown

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Booth

Soares
Claros
Ozzy
Stevenson

Sparky
GOC

Hermit Crab
15-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Brown

Doherty
Mcpake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Osbourne
Stevenson
Sproule

O'connor
Griffiths

Subs:
Grant
Murray
Francomb
Claros
Doyle

Claros for sproule and Wotherspoon for Murray. Sproule doesn't deserve a starting place and justify Ian murrays place on the bench??

andrew70
15-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Brown

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Claros

Stevenson
Osbourne
Soares

Griffiths
O'Connor

Subs:
Grant
Francomb
Wotherspoon
Doyle
Sproule

Hibeesmad
15-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Claros for sproule and Wotherspoon for Murray. Sproule doesn't deserve a starting place and justify Ian murrays place on the bench??

I would say Sproule because against Dunfermline I thought they were catching us on the wings too much and I feel like Sproule could help by helping the full back during the game.

S4uzee
15-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Brown

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Claros

Stevenson
Osbourne
Soares

Griffiths
O'Connor

Subs:
Grant
Francomb
Wotherspoon
Doyle
Sproule

This would be my team aswell. Will be interseting to see how Ozzy does against Black as he has missed the last two derbies and played the first of the season when he was nowhere near fully fit and I feel he could be crucial

18Craig75
15-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Brown

Doherty
Mckpake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Claros
Osbourne
Sproule

Griffiths
O'Connor

Lewis misses out for me. Player of the year I know but I just think Black has him in his pocket. He always seems to draw a rash challenge from Lewis early in the game leaving him walking a tight rope. I'm sure Ozzie and Claros will still get stuck in but with out falling for Blacks trap!

Important game for the wingers, they did pretty well against Aberdeen. Not a huge fan of Soares but he SHOULD have the experience of big crowds/pressure. Sproule - I've got a feeling he could win it for us, he has unfinished business against the Hertz at Hampden!!

Hermit Crab
15-05-2012, 09:50 AM
I would say Sproule because against Dunfermline I thought they were catching us on the wings too much and I feel like Sproule could help by helping the full back during the game.

He done hee haw against Inverness and has been average all season, waste of a jersey mate. Only worthy of a place on the bench at best.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Brown

Doherty
Mckpake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Claros
Osbourne
Sproule

Griffiths
O'Connor

Lewis misses out for me. Player of the year I know but I just think Black has him in his pocket. He always seems to draw a rash challenge from Lewis early in the game leaving him walking a tight rope. I'm sure Ozzie and Claros will still get stuck in but with out falling for Blacks trap!

Important game for the wingers, they did pretty well against Aberdeen. Not a huge fan of Soares but he SHOULD have the experience of big crowds/pressure. Sproule - I've got a feeling he could win it for us, he has unfinished business against the Hertz at Hampden!!

Come on, how has he performed this season, very poor not worthy of a starting place

andrew70
15-05-2012, 09:58 AM
This would be my team aswell. Will be interseting to see how Ozzy does against Black as he has missed the last two derbies and played the first of the season when he was nowhere near fully fit and I feel he could be crucial

I agree. If Osbourne and Claros can impose themselves on the game then for me they, along with our obvious goal scoring threat, are potential match winners

RoxburghHibs
15-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Brown

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Claros

Stevenson
Osbourne
Soares

Griffiths
O'Connor

Subs:
Grant
Francomb
Wotherspoon
Doyle
Sproule

yeah that's the team for me also.

Pretty Boy
15-05-2012, 10:14 AM
......................Brown.......................

Doherty......McPake....Hanlon.....Kujabi

.........Claros..............Stevenson..........

Soares..........Osbourne...........Griffiths...

....................O'Connor...............

Claros and Stevenson sitting. That's what they naturally do so make that their job. Frees up Osbourne to hassle Black from the first whistle. Black will drop deep and try and pick passes from there, he's a good outball. Tell Ozzy nothing silly, no big early challenge, Black likes that. But just don't give him a second, constantly harass him. Anyone can look a good player with the time we gave Black in the last derby so just don't let him.settle then see how good he is.

Griffiths tends to drift wide anyway so again make that his role. What he lacks in the defensive area must be covered by the sitting midfielders. Both Griffiths and Soares have to get up and support Gaz.

5 in midfield should help stifle them in that area, the last few derbies have been won due to them winning the midfield battle. Hassle Black and stop him being an easy outball and.controlling the tempo, crowd the middle of the park and we can do it. With Gaz and Leigh one chance could be all we need.

18Craig75
15-05-2012, 10:15 AM
[/B]
Come on, how has he performed this season, very poor not worthy of a starting place

Has he performed that much worse than most others in the team though? I agree he's been disappointing, but like I said I've got a wee feel ing that Ivans got a big part to play on Saturday!

Hibee87
15-05-2012, 11:09 AM

Claros and Stevenson sitting. That's what they naturally do so make that their job. Frees up Osbourne to hassle Black from the first whistle. Black will drop deep and try and pick passes from there, he's a good outball. Tell Ozzy nothing silly, no big early challenge, Black likes that. But just don't give him a second, constantly harass him. Anyone can look a good player with the time we gave Black in the last derby so just don't let him.settle then see how good he is.

Griffiths tends to drift wide anyway so again make that his role. What he lacks in the defensive area must be covered by the sitting midfielders. Both Griffiths and Soares have to get up and support Gaz.

5 in midfield should help stifle them in that area, the last few derbies have been won due to them winning the midfield battle. Hassle Black and stop him being an easy outball and.controlling the tempo, crowd the middle of the park and we can do it. With Gaz and Leigh one chance could be all we need.

Said pretty much the same last week on another thread. Playing 5 in midfield just HAS to be what we play. Some people responded to my post saying gaz is not a lone striker however i htink in recent weeks he has showen the ability and fitness levels to play there.

in my mind the team set up above is the best we have. Hearts WILL play 5 in midfield with either beattie or elliott as the lone stricker. Mcpake and Hanlon should be dealing with him comfortably enough in the air. rudi getting forward to support their striker is where i want lewis all over him and claros to mop up loose balls and start the play. Ozzy through the middle higher up the pitch to me is the master class he has the ability to pick a pass and beat a man. passing out wide to soares/or francome (whoever gets the nod out right) and griffiths o nthe left. ozzy also has the benfit of being a big lad who shoul hopefully be able to be all over black who likes to start play ala what i want claros doing from there half. Ozz needs to be sharp and give him no time and make them resort to the long ball tactic where again mcpake and hanlon should be easily winning any areal battle. also the benefit of playing ozzy as an atticking midfielder means any long balls/goal kicks we do hit long should hopefully go to his head for flick on thus taking zali and webster out of the game marking occonnor and if they do drift in for a header it leaver any ozzy flick forward to a 3-on-3 situation where i hope griffths can cut in form the left and get begind the exposed gap. im picturing all this in my head it it seems such an easy game haha just hope it works out like my mind is suggesting.

p.s if kujabi is not fit francombe and left back also appeals he ha has the ability to get forward and delivery a ball just as well as kujabi

:flag::pfgwa

number9dream
15-05-2012, 11:35 AM
I won't bother with the team I think should play, although that is the fun part.
Pretty sure PF will go with the side that beat Dunfermline with Griffiths in for Doyle.
The formation may be tinkered with a little - Kujabi / Stevenson on left is a bit short-arsed (and the latter is poor at crossing), so he might move Soares out there.
However, for me, Soares is a better bet through the middle.
Neither Ozzy or Stevenson are wide players, so we really need to see our full-backs steaming forward whenever they can.
Claros, Soares will need to make sure we keep the ball long enough to allow Doherty & Kujabi to get up the pitch.
Of course, he could stick Griffiths wide left, use Soares on right and clog up the middle with our three best ball winners - but then back four are flat and where does the killer pass come from?
I've tied myself in knots already!
Time for PF to earn his salary...

Hibby Kay-Yay
15-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Said pretty much the same last week on another thread. Playing 5 in midfield just HAS to be what we play. Some people responded to my post saying gaz is not a lone striker however i htink in recent weeks he has showen the ability and fitness levels to play there.

in my mind the team set up above is the best we have. Hearts WILL play 5 in midfield with either beattie or elliott as the lone stricker. Mcpake and Hanlon should be dealing with him comfortably enough in the air. rudi getting forward to support their striker is where i want lewis all over him and claros to mop up loose balls and start the play. Ozzy through the middle higher up the pitch to me is the master class he has the ability to pick a pass and beat a man. passing out wide to soares/or francome (whoever gets the nod out right) and griffiths o nthe left. ozzy also has the benfit of being a big lad who shoul hopefully be able to be all over black who likes to start play ala what i want claros doing from there half. Ozz needs to be sharp and give him no time and make them resort to the long ball tactic where again mcpake and hanlon should be easily winning any areal battle. also the benefit of playing ozzy as an atticking midfielder means any long balls/goal kicks we do hit long should hopefully go to his head for flick on thus taking zali and webster out of the game marking occonnor and if they do drift in for a header it leaver any ozzy flick forward to a 3-on-3 situation where i hope griffths can cut in form the left and get begind the exposed gap. im picturing all this in my head it it seems such an easy game haha just hope it works out like my mind is suggesting.

p.s if kujabi is not fit francombe and left back also appeals he ha has the ability to get forward and delivery a ball just as well as kujabi

:flag::pfgwa

Only concern for me is IMO I don't think Gaz has the game to play the lone striker. If we went like this then I could see us camped in our end due to no outball

Long Time Hibee
15-05-2012, 12:59 PM

Spot on Pretty Boy. This is the team for me as well.
Keep it tight, frustrate them and hit them on the break.

PS : Massive thanks to Youngyosh for my ticket for the game. :not worth

Hermit Crab
15-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Has he performed that much worse than most others in the team though? I agree he's been disappointing, but like I said I've got a wee feel ing that Ivans got a big part to play on Saturday!

IMO he's been our poorest player this season. But I hope your right about him playing a major part in winning the game, why don't you go to the bookies and put money on him scoring the winner if you've got a feeling about it.