PDA

View Full Version : Fate

HibeeMG
14-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I have a confession. I have doubts about us winning this thing! :shocked:

I know, I know, it's not something I should be admitting to.

My doubts, though, aren't in the management, players or, us, the fans. My doubts are that fate doesn't let us do things like this.

How many of us had resigned ourselves to the fact that we would never see Hibs win the Scottish Cup in our lifetimes? I certainly did. Why?

Maybe it's like the person who checks their lottery ticket 40 times before they believe that they've actually won the jackpot. I hope so.

As a Hibs and Scotland supporter, I have seen more than my fair share of plucky defeats. Seen enough great performances but no silverware. Too many times I've been told that we should hold our heads high.

I'm hoping that fate was waiting until this moment to allow us to change history. That it was fated for us to end the hoodoo by beating them.

Hibs Class
14-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I would gladly see Scotland condemned to an eternity of plucky defeats if it meant a Hibs win on Saturday.

CmoantheHibs
14-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Dont worry its in the bag:aok:Its just the waiting that makes people nervous.Any nerves will just make the outpouring of emotion after victory all the more pleasurable.

LancashireHibby
14-05-2012, 08:41 PM
My 'other' team got relegated yesterday. Please Hibs do what Bolton bloody Wanderers couldn't!!

HibeeMG
14-05-2012, 08:44 PM
My 'other' team got relegated yesterday. Please Hibs do what Bolton bloody Wanderers couldn't!!

The first full season after I moved down to Bolton they were relegated. Man City (the father in law's team) were also relegated. To top it off, Hibs were relegated.

I'm hoping that it's another landmark season for the three teams!

LancashireHibby
14-05-2012, 08:49 PM
The first full season after I moved down to Bolton they were relegated. Man City (the father in law's team) were also relegated. To top it off, Hibs were relegated.

I'm hoping that it's another landmark season for the three teams!
Fair to say the thought of a double relegation crossed my mind on more than one occasion this season!

Hibs07p
14-05-2012, 08:51 PM
I have a confession. I have doubts about us winning this thing! :shocked:

I know, I know, it's not something I should be admitting to.

My doubts, though, aren't in the management, players or, us, the fans. My doubts are that fate doesn't let us do things like this.

How many of us had resigned ourselves to the fact that we would never see Hibs win the Scottish Cup in our lifetimes? I certainly did. Why?

Maybe it's like the person who checks their lottery ticket 40 times before they believe that they've actually won the jackpot. I hope so.

As a Hibs and Scotland supporter, I have seen more than my fair share of plucky defeats. Seen enough great performances but no silverware. Too many times I've been told that we should hold our heads high.

I'm hoping that fate was waiting until this moment to allow us to change history. That it was fated for us to end the hoodoo by beating them.

Too much negativity. Relax, stay calm, have the belief, she's coming with us, back home to Leith. It's only Jambos ****ting themselves, you're not a F***ing Jambo are ye? :greengrin

Piqué
14-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Saturday will be our moment. Believe

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 09:21 PM
No such thing as "fate".

You either go out there and do it, or you don't.