PDA

View Full Version : Motivational speeches for Hampden

Eyrie
14-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I'll nominate this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3S6iGmUjI) -

“The easy bit has passed. Selection for the Final team is the easy bit.You have an awesome responsibility on the eleven individual players’ shoulders, awesome responsibility. This is your f***ing Everest, boys. Very few ever get a chance in football terms to get for the top of Everest. You have the chance today.

Being picked is the easy bit. To win for the Hibs in a Scottish Cup Final is the ultimate, but you’ll not do it unless you put your bodies on the line. Every one jack of you for 90 minutes. Defeat doesn’t worry me. I’ve had it often and so have you. It’s performance that matters. If you put in the performance, you’ll get what you deserve. No luck attached to it. If you don’t put it in, then we’re second-raters.

They don’t respect you. They don’t rate you. The only way to be rated is to stick one on them, to get right up in their faces and turn them back, knock them back. Outdo what they do. Outjump them, outpass them, outtackle them, outrun them, outscore them, until they’re f***ing sick of you.

Remember the pledges you made. Remember how you depend on each other at every phase, teams within teams, corners, throw ins, free kicks, tackles.

They are better than you’ve played against so far. They are better individually or they wouldn’t be there. So it’s an awesome task you have and it will only be done if everybody commits themself now.

You are privileged. You are the chosen few. Many are considered but few are chosen. They don’t think f*** all of us. Nothing. We’re here just to make up the f***ing numbers. No one’s going to do it for you. You have to find your own solace — your own drive, your ambition, your own inner strength, because the moment’s arrived for the greatest game of your f***ing life.”

And it worked.

Purehibee_MYB
14-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I have been listening to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBLV6RG4TwY) so many times recently cos it really gets me going for the final!!

HibbyDave
14-05-2012, 07:51 PM
For me it's simple..
If you don't believe you can win ..........................have the courage to hand in your strip today so that someone who wants it and is willing to die for it gets a chance at GLORY.

Everything else is just noise. Remember to PLAY THE MATCH.....NOT THE OCCASION. Plenty time to enjoy it afterwards and get free treats from Hibernian for REST OF YOUR LIFE!

GGTTH

Just_Jimmy
14-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't know what to say really.
Three minutes
to the biggest battle of our professional lives
all comes down to today.
Either
we heal
as a team
or we are going to crumble.
Inch by inch
play by play
till we're finished.
We are in hell right now, gentlemen
believe me
and
we can stay here
and get the **** kicked out of us
or
we can fight our way
back into the light.
We can climb out of hell.
One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.
I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces
and I think
I mean
I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.
I uh....
I pissed away all my money
believe it or not.
I chased off
anyone who has ever loved me.
And lately,
I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life
things get taken from you.
That's, that's part of life.
But,
you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
You find out that life is just a game of inches.
So is football.
Because in either game
life or football
the margin for error is so small.
I mean
one half step too late or to early
you don't quite make it.
One half second too slow or too fast
and you don't quite catch it.
The inches we need are everywhere around us.
They are in ever break of the game
every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch
On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us
to pieces for that inch.
We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
Cause we know
when we add up all those inches
that's going to make the ****ing difference
between WINNING and LOSING
between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this
in any fight
it is the guy who is willing to die
who is going to win that inch.
And I know
if I am going to have any life anymore
it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch
because that is what LIVING is.
The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.
You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
You are going to see a guy
who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it,
you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is.
Now, whattaya gonna do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSDhhZtRwFU

Macaroon
14-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I have been listening to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBLV6RG4TwY) so many times recently cos it really gets me going for the final!!

Think I just crapped ma pants :cb

:top marks

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Never on the field of beloved football
Have the few been abused by so many about 1902
This is your time, your day, your opportunity
To finally lay to rest, the way we are held in jest
By the jambos fer the West of our city
Take this game and win the cup
Win the cup, shut them up and show them no pity.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Pump them or they will pump you

Macaroon
14-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Pump them or they will pump you

Get it on the wall :agree:

Minder
14-05-2012, 08:40 PM
This is our day
Dont look back tomorrow with regret
Give your all
Work for each other and together
Run faster kick further
Burst the net
Win every tackle and every ball
No matter what - do not give up
Secure your place in history
Lift the cup

:flag:

paulhfc88
14-05-2012, 08:52 PM
This should be played before the game to the players in the changing room and at half time just to remind them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyWXKeBsNk

Jim44
14-05-2012, 09:13 PM
This should be played before the game to the players in the changing room and at half time just to remind them

Good stuff. I can just hear it with an Irish accent. :take that

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 09:18 PM
You either climb the ladder, or you become the ladder.

It's that simple.

Just_Jimmy
14-05-2012, 09:20 PM

Do ye's no read thread's before you post likes?

yekimevol
14-05-2012, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOynXRg_leY&feature=my_liked_videos&list=L L6nUdPpDMjlW1Rb1--I2RRw

This is the one i would give them :)

truehibernian
14-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Just hire John Burridge for the day......inspirational, intense, and absolutely tonto bonkers ! He is the original firestarter !

Sean1875
14-05-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs

Jim44
14-05-2012, 09:59 PM

Do ye's no read thread's before you post likes?

Who rattled your cage? I just commented that it would sound better in an Irish accent. If the video was played in the changing room at half time at Hampden it would have been in ...... ehm, :hmmm: ............an American accent. :bitchy:

Just_Jimmy
14-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Who rattled your cage? I just commented that it would sound better in an Irish accent. If the video was played in the changing room at half time at Hampden it would have been in ...... ehm, :hmmm: ............an American accent. :bitchy:

settle, I meant to use a :greengrin. There was someone on another thread (hibs strip one I think) barking that no one read thread's before they posted.

Purple & Green
14-05-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw

Purple & Green
14-05-2012, 10:25 PM
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STcDMoQ4KT0

Purple & Green
14-05-2012, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpLtXIlkyYA&feature=related

frazeHFC
14-05-2012, 11:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw

I bow to thee :not worth

:agree:

1875godsgift
15-05-2012, 12:50 AM
We are HIBS and we are LEGEND

They are hertz and they are ******

alfieboi75
15-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I have a soft spot for this quote....

Losers quit when they are tired....winners quit when they have won!

McD
15-05-2012, 08:35 AM
*cough*....Ahem....*adopt shexxy accshent*

"Your best? Losers always whine about doing their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen!"

JustSimplyHibs
15-05-2012, 09:48 AM
I tweeted James McPake last night....

Don't kill the dream - execute it @JamesMcPake keep your eyes on the prize and don't turn back #GGTTH

Chris
15-05-2012, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYeREIHCsw&feature=related

JimBHibees
15-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I'll nominate this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3S6iGmUjI) -

“The easy bit has passed. Selection for the Final team is the easy bit.You have an awesome responsibility on the eleven individual players’ shoulders, awesome responsibility. This is your f***ing Everest, boys. Very few ever get a chance in football terms to get for the top of Everest. You have the chance today.

Being picked is the easy bit. To win for the Hibs in a Scottish Cup Final is the ultimate, but you’ll not do it unless you put your bodies on the line. Every one jack of you for 90 minutes. Defeat doesn’t worry me. I’ve had it often and so have you. It’s performance that matters. If you put in the performance, you’ll get what you deserve. No luck attached to it. If you don’t put it in, then we’re second-raters.

They don’t respect you. They don’t rate you. The only way to be rated is to stick one on them, to get right up in their faces and turn them back, knock them back. Outdo what they do. Outjump them, outpass them, outtackle them, outrun them, outscore them, until they’re f***ing sick of you.

Remember the pledges you made. Remember how you depend on each other at every phase, teams within teams, corners, throw ins, free kicks, tackles.

They are better than you’ve played against so far. They are better individually or they wouldn’t be there. So it’s an awesome task you have and it will only be done if everybody commits themself now.

You are privileged. You are the chosen few. Many are considered but few are chosen. They don’t think f*** all of us. Nothing. We’re here just to make up the f***ing numbers. No one’s going to do it for you. You have to find your own solace — your own drive, your ambition, your own inner strength, because the moment’s arrived for the greatest game of your f***ing life.”

And it worked.

Where was that from?

Peevemor
15-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Where was that from?

Jim Telfer, 1997 British and Irish Lions tour to SA.

Teo10
15-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't know what to say really.
Three minutes
to the biggest battle of our professional lives
all comes down to today.
Either
we heal
as a team
or we are going to crumble.
Inch by inch
play by play
till we're finished.
We are in hell right now, gentlemen
believe me
and
we can stay here
and get the **** kicked out of us
or
we can fight our way
back into the light.
We can climb out of hell.
One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.
I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces
and I think
I mean
I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.
I uh....
I pissed away all my money
believe it or not.
I chased off
anyone who has ever loved me.
And lately,
I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life
things get taken from you.
That's, that's part of life.
But,
you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
You find out that life is just a game of inches.
So is football.
Because in either game
life or football
the margin for error is so small.
I mean
one half step too late or to early
you don't quite make it.
One half second too slow or too fast
and you don't quite catch it.
The inches we need are everywhere around us.
They are in ever break of the game
every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch
On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us
to pieces for that inch.
We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
Cause we know
when we add up all those inches
that's going to make the ****ing difference
between WINNING and LOSING
between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this
in any fight
it is the guy who is willing to die
who is going to win that inch.
And I know
if I am going to have any life anymore
it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch
because that is what LIVING is.
The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.
You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
You are going to see a guy
who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it,
you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is.
Now, whattaya gonna do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSDhhZtRwFU

This bad boy!

Always listen to this before a big game!

Thecat23
15-05-2012, 11:05 AM
You now have the chance not to be just a footballer but the chance to join an elite band of players called Legends. Don't dream it.. Become it.

Pretty Boy
15-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Where was that from?

Jim Telfer to the British and Irish Lions forwards before they beat South Africa.

Pretty Boy
15-05-2012, 11:19 AM
The hopes and dream of 20 000 people in those stands rest with you today, thousands more in pubs, clubs, at home, watching on internet connections accross the world are willing you to do this.

Some of you will play in anoher final, some of you already have, none of you will ever have another opportunity like this. Whatever you go on to do throughout the rest of your careers wont matter to those fans out there, win today and each and every one of you is a legend who will never, ever be forgotten.

When you walk into that tunnel and stand next to them pull your shoulders back, hold your head high and thrust your chest out. The shirt you are wearing is that of a club that is everything they are not. A club founded by outsiders, a club that had to fight for acceptance, a club that was finally accepted through sheer hard work and courage, a club that welcomes everybody, a club that has dared to be different, a club with proud traditions and a proud history but that also lives in the present, the club that led the British charge into Europe and the club that fought for its very existence, an existence threatened by them, not only did we fight, we won.

To become legends you don't have to do anything you aren't capable of doing, you have only to win a football match. Don't play the occasion, feed of it, use it but don't fight against it, let it help you in a positve way.

Go out there and don't come back in here thinking what might have been, sieze the moment, give everything you have and become legends.

Mon Dieu4
16-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I would get Charlie Sheen in to give his tiger blood, bi winning speech, if that doesn't work nothing will

Bristolhibby
16-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Got to say I cant wait for Saturday.

Yes we are the underdogs, yes we have had a crap season, yes Hearts are unbeaten by Hibs in 10 games/3 years, but this is a Cup Final and a Derby to boot.

If sport was as predictable as the favourite turning up and winning then nobody would go to games. Its the variable, the unlikley, that gets us going back, again and again.

How many times have you gone to watch Scotland all across Europe. 10 defeats but then you get a Paris.

We gub the Ukraine in Hampden. We run the World and European Chanpions Spain close to a draw, we are a baw hair from beating the World Champions Italy.

Football is a funny game.

Who would have bet on Birmingham beating Arsenal in the League Cup last season?
Who would have seen Chealsea beating Barcelona twice over two legs?
Who would have seen Kilmarnock beating Celtic in the League Cup this season?
Dare I say it who would have seen Hearts beating Celtic in the Semis, considering their defeat in the LC Final?
New Zealand drawing with Italy in the last World Cup.
Greece winning Euro 2004.

The underdog, does have his day. I just hope Hibs day is Saturday 19th May 2012.

Lets be honest, we are two pishy teams in a pishy Northen European football league. This isnt Hibs v Barcelona. Hearts are marginally less pish.

Bring on Saturday!!!!

J

Hibercelona
16-05-2012, 12:06 PM
What Fenlon should be saying to the players just before the kick off is:

"If you play at your upmost best today lads, you'll win the game, regardless of how well Hearts play."

hughio
16-05-2012, 12:11 PM
The hopes and dream of 20 000 people in those stands rest with you today, thousands more in pubs, clubs, at home, watching on internet connections accross the world are willing you to do this.

Some of you will play in anoher final, some of you already have, none of you will ever have another opportunity like this. Whatever you go on to do throughout the rest of your careers wont matter to those fans out there, win today and each and every one of you is a legend who will never, ever be forgotten.

When you walk into that tunnel and stand next to them pull your shoulders back, hold your head high and thrust your chest out. The shirt you are wearing is that of a club that is everything they are not. A club founded by outsiders, a club that had to fight for acceptance, a club that was finally accepted through sheer hard work and courage, a club that welcomes everybody, a club that has dared to be different, a club with proud traditions and a proud history but that also lives in the present, the club that led the British charge into Europe and the club that fought for its very existence, an existence threatened by them, not only did we fight, we won.

To become legends you don't have to do anything you aren't capable of doing, you have only to win a football match. Don't play the occasion, feed of it, use it but don't fight against it, let it help you in a positve way.

Go out there and don't come back in here thinking what might have been, sieze the moment, give everything you have and become legends.

Gulp...emotional smiley...:thumbsup:

Ps Cut and paste Mr Fenlon.

Craig_in_Prague
16-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I feel like greeting about 10 times a day at the moment.
God knows what state I'll be in on Saturday; and once we've won.

spike220
16-05-2012, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u9zzwQ2zO4&feature=related

This:agree:

Bristolhibby
16-05-2012, 12:36 PM

**** me. I was almost in tears reading this.

J

16-05-2012, 12:53 PM
This is the biggest chance in your entire careers to be a true legend. Hibs fans years from now will know your names and speak of this day as "the greatest day in history". BELIEVE - you CAN do it. If you don't believe 100% that you can win then don't even bother to turn up because in that case we have lost before a ball is even kicked. This is your moment, grab it with both hands and become forever Hibernian heroes!

THIS. IS. IT - BELIEVE :hibees

Green Blood
16-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Cmon the Hibees, its our time!!!

Do this for all of us and those no longer with us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3oz0zhEwZk&feature=related

Hibs3-2
16-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Its not the dog in the fight. Its the fight in the dog!

alibucharest
16-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Malcolm Tucker (Peter Capaldi) from The Thick of it before the general election (contains swearing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ApmMYr3l4

quality programme - "lets set fire to tears"

another favorite is

IF TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD, HARD WORK BEATS TALENT

gbur123ukgb
17-05-2012, 06:35 AM
How about this is your time lads.
stand up be a man and whatever you do dont walk past the cup at the end.
this is your chance to be legends this is your biggest moment go out there and dont dare come back without the holly grail
look the hearts players square in the eye and win the battle in the tunnel.
there is 11 battle to be won for the war to be won